We are planning a trip to Maui from 8/30-9/7. We're horrible at planning and have yet to buy tickets. I'm naively hoping the travel gods will smile upon us. On our honeymoon we went to the big Island and stayed at the hapuna Prince on the Kohala coast. As it was beautiful and serene it was too quiet. We ended up spending most of the time in the car towards Kona and the resort became a glorified resting spot.
My question is where can I have my cake and eat it too? We want the beauty of Maui's natural surroundings, the fun of a great bar and the food that will make you forget about calories. We're told to stay on the west side but I fear the person giving advice can financially afford it. Would you recommend Wailea or Kaanapali?
To complicate matters I found interesting reviews about Paia. They say it's a must visit and it's close to the start of the road to Hana.
Would it be feasible to go to all 3? or would you reccommend 1 or 2 over the others?
Maui for 9 days
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 For a more youthful obliging face
- 2 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 3 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 4 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 5 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 6 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 7 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 8 Ackislander
- 9 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 10 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 11 Disney Hotel. Which should we book?
- 12 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 13 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 14 Keith Haring Exhibit at the De Young, San Francisco
- 15 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 16 Las Vegas to San Francisco - Kings Canyon or Sequoia National Park?
- 17 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 18 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 19 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 20 Cross Country RV Trip
- 21 Hotels Philly
- 22 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 23 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 24 Car renting - Santa Cruz to Santa Barbara
- 25 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York