We are planning a trip to Maui from 8/30-9/7. We're horrible at planning and have yet to buy tickets. I'm naively hoping the travel gods will smile upon us. On our honeymoon we went to the big Island and stayed at the hapuna Prince on the Kohala coast. As it was beautiful and serene it was too quiet. We ended up spending most of the time in the car towards Kona and the resort became a glorified resting spot.
My question is where can I have my cake and eat it too? We want the beauty of Maui's natural surroundings, the fun of a great bar and the food that will make you forget about calories. We're told to stay on the west side but I fear the person giving advice can financially afford it. Would you recommend Wailea or Kaanapali?
To complicate matters I found interesting reviews about Paia. They say it's a must visit and it's close to the start of the road to Hana.
Would it be feasible to go to all 3? or would you reccommend 1 or 2 over the others?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help with itinerary...4 days in DC
- 2 San Diego, Yosemite, Napa
- 3 Las vegas to Kingston, NY - 7/8 days- June 4th
- 4 San Francisco accommodation suggestions for November
- 5 Crested Butte lodging suggestions...summer
- 6 what western states to spend the most time in
- 7 Denver CO what to do arriving at 8am
- 8 Boston/Cape/ Back to Boston (Or Have we Made a Big Mistake?)
- 9 Austin, TX to Seattle. Road trip with two dogs
- 10 10 Days- California during the holidays
- 11 Kauai in November
- 12 What's There to Do in Kauai???
- 13 Hawaii - where?
- 14 Request Driving tips from Zion NP, UT to San Francisco?
- 15 Memphis to New Orleans Trip
- 16 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 17 Little Compton, RI
- 18 Trail Ridge Probably Not Open
- 19 Moab UT Accommendations
- 20 A week in NYC - first timers
- 21 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 22 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 23 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 24 New York Pass Yes or No ???
- 25 San Francisco & West Hollywood restaurants