We are planning a trip to Maui from 8/30-9/7. We're horrible at planning and have yet to buy tickets. I'm naively hoping the travel gods will smile upon us. On our honeymoon we went to the big Island and stayed at the hapuna Prince on the Kohala coast. As it was beautiful and serene it was too quiet. We ended up spending most of the time in the car towards Kona and the resort became a glorified resting spot.
My question is where can I have my cake and eat it too? We want the beauty of Maui's natural surroundings, the fun of a great bar and the food that will make you forget about calories. We're told to stay on the west side but I fear the person giving advice can financially afford it. Would you recommend Wailea or Kaanapali?
To complicate matters I found interesting reviews about Paia. They say it's a must visit and it's close to the start of the road to Hana.
Would it be feasible to go to all 3? or would you reccommend 1 or 2 over the others?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Biloxi Suggestions
- 2 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 3 15 Nt Feb Trip (7 in Waikiki). Possible to do South Kauai & Big Island?
- 4 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 5 Transport LGA to Grand Central
- 6 Rental Car using the ferries in Washington
- 7 Martha's Vineyard or Chatham?
- 8 Martha's Vineyard area
- 9 Maui: 2014 Christmas week
- 10 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 11 Places to visit with a one year old between MA and WV.
- 12 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 13 Oregon Itinerary Critique, please.
- 14 Chicago - Family Weekend
- 15 Seattle to San Francisco 3 weeks
- 16 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 17 Kauai Kona Coast Resort Beachboy
- 18 Trip to Colorado in one week, RMNP
- 19 Western U.S. Road trip
- 20 Family trip to Arizona/Utah National Parks
- 21 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 22 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 23 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 24 Driving from Denver to Ouray Colorado and back in late August
- 25 Seattle plus: San Juan Island, Victoria, or Vancouver?