We are planning a trip to Maui from 8/30-9/7. We're horrible at planning and have yet to buy tickets. I'm naively hoping the travel gods will smile upon us. On our honeymoon we went to the big Island and stayed at the hapuna Prince on the Kohala coast. As it was beautiful and serene it was too quiet. We ended up spending most of the time in the car towards Kona and the resort became a glorified resting spot.
My question is where can I have my cake and eat it too? We want the beauty of Maui's natural surroundings, the fun of a great bar and the food that will make you forget about calories. We're told to stay on the west side but I fear the person giving advice can financially afford it. Would you recommend Wailea or Kaanapali?
To complicate matters I found interesting reviews about Paia. They say it's a must visit and it's close to the start of the road to Hana.
Would it be feasible to go to all 3? or would you reccommend 1 or 2 over the others?
Maui for 9 days
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 2 los angeles restaurants
- 3 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 4 Tipping advice
- 5 West Maui Restaurants
- 6 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 7 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 8 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 9 Key West Hotel in January
- 10 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 11 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 12 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 13 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 14 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 15 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 16 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 17 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 18 Boston to Ohio, with visits to FDR Home and Fallingwater
- 19 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 20 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 21 San Diego Little Italy
- 22 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 23 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 24 Healdsburg tips
- 25 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?