We are planning a trip to Maui from 8/30-9/7. We're horrible at planning and have yet to buy tickets. I'm naively hoping the travel gods will smile upon us. On our honeymoon we went to the big Island and stayed at the hapuna Prince on the Kohala coast. As it was beautiful and serene it was too quiet. We ended up spending most of the time in the car towards Kona and the resort became a glorified resting spot.
My question is where can I have my cake and eat it too? We want the beauty of Maui's natural surroundings, the fun of a great bar and the food that will make you forget about calories. We're told to stay on the west side but I fear the person giving advice can financially afford it. Would you recommend Wailea or Kaanapali?
To complicate matters I found interesting reviews about Paia. They say it's a must visit and it's close to the start of the road to Hana.
Would it be feasible to go to all 3? or would you reccommend 1 or 2 over the others?
Maui for 9 days
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mesa Verde
- 2 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 3 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 4 Does anyone have a place on Cape Cod?
- 5 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 6 Hotel near Miami airport
- 7 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 8 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 9 Road Trip SW
- 10 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 11 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 12 culpepper
- 13 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 14 Chicago trip
- 15 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 16 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 17 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 18 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 19 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 20 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 21 moving to florida
- 22 Santa Barbara, California
- 23 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 24 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 25 Maui - Kaanapali shuttle/trolley