We are planning a trip to Maui from 8/30-9/7. We're horrible at planning and have yet to buy tickets. I'm naively hoping the travel gods will smile upon us. On our honeymoon we went to the big Island and stayed at the hapuna Prince on the Kohala coast. As it was beautiful and serene it was too quiet. We ended up spending most of the time in the car towards Kona and the resort became a glorified resting spot.
My question is where can I have my cake and eat it too? We want the beauty of Maui's natural surroundings, the fun of a great bar and the food that will make you forget about calories. We're told to stay on the west side but I fear the person giving advice can financially afford it. Would you recommend Wailea or Kaanapali?
To complicate matters I found interesting reviews about Paia. They say it's a must visit and it's close to the start of the road to Hana.
Would it be feasible to go to all 3? or would you reccommend 1 or 2 over the others?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 2 Zion NP & Las Vegas with Kids for 3 days in July - Please Help
- 3 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 4 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 5 Savanah Sojourn
- 6 Gotta Go To Stanford U Medical Center
- 7 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 8 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 9 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 10 San Francisco - Best place to see street art
- 11 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 12 Road trip from Boston to Florida
- 13 Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Badlands Trip Report
- 14 Driving from San Francisco Airport to San Rafael
- 15 Newark to Paris
- 16 Phone SIM
- 17 A June trip to Kauai
- 18 Sacramento to South Lake Tahoe to Riverside, CA
- 19 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 20 ONE DY ONE NIGHT IN LA
- 21 Avoiding Los Angeles Traffic
- 22 Transit Advisory July 4, 2016 Local Transit will be on a hoilday schedule
- 23 Napa Valley Hotel
- 24 October Fall Foliage Itinerary
- 25 The city never sleeps, but we needed to