We are planning a trip to Maui from 8/30-9/7. We're horrible at planning and have yet to buy tickets. I'm naively hoping the travel gods will smile upon us. On our honeymoon we went to the big Island and stayed at the hapuna Prince on the Kohala coast. As it was beautiful and serene it was too quiet. We ended up spending most of the time in the car towards Kona and the resort became a glorified resting spot.
My question is where can I have my cake and eat it too? We want the beauty of Maui's natural surroundings, the fun of a great bar and the food that will make you forget about calories. We're told to stay on the west side but I fear the person giving advice can financially afford it. Would you recommend Wailea or Kaanapali?
To complicate matters I found interesting reviews about Paia. They say it's a must visit and it's close to the start of the road to Hana.
Would it be feasible to go to all 3? or would you reccommend 1 or 2 over the others?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 2 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 3 Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas
- 4 Coffee in Boston?
- 5 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 6 Traveling in winter
- 7 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 8 6 days ABQ to Moab,4 Corners, Mesa Verde doable?
- 9 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 10 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 11 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 12 Interracial couples traveling south
- 13 Charleston & Savannah Lodging
- 14 Camping in or near Big Bend National Park
- 15 Nashville Never Been
- 16 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 17 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 18 New orleans recs for family
- 19 Ideas for February Road Trip from San Francisco?
- 20 Later Winter around Mobile
- 21 10 days in California. What should I hit?
- 22 2 days in Vermont, Green Mountain area
- 23 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 24 Uber boston
- 25 Florida keys trip