We are planning a trip to Maui from 8/30-9/7. We're horrible at planning and have yet to buy tickets. I'm naively hoping the travel gods will smile upon us. On our honeymoon we went to the big Island and stayed at the hapuna Prince on the Kohala coast. As it was beautiful and serene it was too quiet. We ended up spending most of the time in the car towards Kona and the resort became a glorified resting spot.
My question is where can I have my cake and eat it too? We want the beauty of Maui's natural surroundings, the fun of a great bar and the food that will make you forget about calories. We're told to stay on the west side but I fear the person giving advice can financially afford it. Would you recommend Wailea or Kaanapali?
To complicate matters I found interesting reviews about Paia. They say it's a must visit and it's close to the start of the road to Hana.
Would it be feasible to go to all 3? or would you reccommend 1 or 2 over the others?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need help nailing down the details
- 2 California Trip
- 3 Metropolitan Opera - good seats?
- 4 Hawaii - June vs Aug, hotel vs rental
- 5 Florida Beaches Compared To Caribbean
- 6 Proposed Los Angeles itinerary, almost exclusively without a car
- 7 Turo?
- 8 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 9 Recommendations for Hikes in Glacier National Park
- 10 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 11 Tohono Chul Tucson?
- 12 NYC For The Day
- 13 Alaska cruise excursions?
- 14 Senior citizens traveling as groupl
- 15 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 16 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 17 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 18 Cross Country Road Trip VA - San Francisco
- 19 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 20 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 21 US whole month of January where to
- 22 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 23 Inexpensive, Good Indian Food NYC
- 24 Hotel near Westlake Village California
- 25 Roof Top Bars Opinions: NYC