We are planning a trip to Maui from 8/30-9/7. We're horrible at planning and have yet to buy tickets. I'm naively hoping the travel gods will smile upon us. On our honeymoon we went to the big Island and stayed at the hapuna Prince on the Kohala coast. As it was beautiful and serene it was too quiet. We ended up spending most of the time in the car towards Kona and the resort became a glorified resting spot.
My question is where can I have my cake and eat it too? We want the beauty of Maui's natural surroundings, the fun of a great bar and the food that will make you forget about calories. We're told to stay on the west side but I fear the person giving advice can financially afford it. Would you recommend Wailea or Kaanapali?
To complicate matters I found interesting reviews about Paia. They say it's a must visit and it's close to the start of the road to Hana.
Would it be feasible to go to all 3? or would you reccommend 1 or 2 over the others?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 4 OR 5 BEDROOM CABIN IN WISCONSIN, IOWA OR MINNESOTA FOR ANNUAL GIRL TRIP
- 2 Alcatrez sold out
- 3 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 4 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 5 Do you need a car in Siesta Key? 1st timer....
- 6 A great birthday trip to Charleston!
- 7 Maine weather and temps
- 8 Road Trip from Dallas to Miami
- 9 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 10 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 11 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 12 Need help planning....
- 13 L.A. and Sequoia
- 14 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 15 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 16 Week motorcycle ride
- 17 Embassy Suites HOnolulu
- 18 Broadway
- 19 South Point/Ka Lae - Southern Most Point of the USA
- 20 Farmer's market in Lancaster County, PA
- 21 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 22 Favorites in North/South Carolina/Georgia? Help please!
- 23 Not enough time, i guess..
- 24 Moving to New York City, Where can i find a good place?
- 25 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?