We are planning a trip to Maui from 8/30-9/7. We're horrible at planning and have yet to buy tickets. I'm naively hoping the travel gods will smile upon us. On our honeymoon we went to the big Island and stayed at the hapuna Prince on the Kohala coast. As it was beautiful and serene it was too quiet. We ended up spending most of the time in the car towards Kona and the resort became a glorified resting spot.
My question is where can I have my cake and eat it too? We want the beauty of Maui's natural surroundings, the fun of a great bar and the food that will make you forget about calories. We're told to stay on the west side but I fear the person giving advice can financially afford it. Would you recommend Wailea or Kaanapali?
To complicate matters I found interesting reviews about Paia. They say it's a must visit and it's close to the start of the road to Hana.
Would it be feasible to go to all 3? or would you reccommend 1 or 2 over the others?
Maui for 9 days
- 1 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 2 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 3 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 4 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 5 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 6 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 7 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 8 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 9 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 10 Where is the best place to ski and stay in Lake Tahoe??
- 11 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 12 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 13 Zion or Death Valley for 2 days in December?
- 14 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 15 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 16 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 17 Vero Beach FL
- 18 Two days December Arches Zion or ???
- 19 Question about Boulder area
- 20 Camping near Vail, Colorado
- 21 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 22 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
- 23 Savanah Sojourn
- 24 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 25 San Antonio