We are planning a trip to Maui from 8/30-9/7. We're horrible at planning and have yet to buy tickets. I'm naively hoping the travel gods will smile upon us. On our honeymoon we went to the big Island and stayed at the hapuna Prince on the Kohala coast. As it was beautiful and serene it was too quiet. We ended up spending most of the time in the car towards Kona and the resort became a glorified resting spot.
My question is where can I have my cake and eat it too? We want the beauty of Maui's natural surroundings, the fun of a great bar and the food that will make you forget about calories. We're told to stay on the west side but I fear the person giving advice can financially afford it. Would you recommend Wailea or Kaanapali?
To complicate matters I found interesting reviews about Paia. They say it's a must visit and it's close to the start of the road to Hana.
Would it be feasible to go to all 3? or would you reccommend 1 or 2 over the others?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Montana, Wyoming ideas including beartooth highway and little big hotn
- 2 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 3 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 4 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 5 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 6 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 7 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 8 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 9 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 10 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 11 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 12 10 Days in Maine
- 13 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 14 Big Island - Best Way to See Lava and Waterfalls?
- 15 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 16 sugestions
- 17 Drive from Chicago to Yellowstone and back
- 18 Big Sur and Scenic Hwy 1 in CA.
- 19 Miami for 2 days
- 20 More problems for Big Sur
- 21 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 22 Saratoga Springs, NY - affordable hotel?
- 23 Las Vegas trip report
- 24 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 25 Boston area hotels