My fiancé and I are traveling to Hawaii on our honeymoon in the second half of October. We decided on 6 days/6 nights on Maui at the Sheraton Black Rock in Kaanapali and 6 days/5 nights on Kauai at the Grand Hyatt in Poipu. We have a list of potential activities/restaurants we would like to enjoy while we are in Hawaii and I was hoping to get some input on how far in advance we should book these activities as well as which activities are must-dos/what can be skipped. I don't want our honeymoon to feel too planned out or jam-packed with activities, so we will not be doing all of these. I am worried about making sure activities don't sell out on us, so it would be great to know a timeline for bookings and any recommendations on companies to use for some of the these would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking it would be reasonable to have one full day adventure/road trip, one half day activity, one nicer dinner out, and one dinner/activity on each island, leaving the rest of the time for exploring and relaxing at our leisure. Thanks in advance for your advice!
-Road to Hana
-Haleakala sunrise/bike down the mountain (probably on the first day since we will be up early from the jet lag)
-1/2 day (morning) snorkeling at Molokini
-Old Lahaina Luau (I've heard to book 2 months in advance)
-Dinner at Mama's Fish House or Merrimans (how far in advance to book dinner at sunset?)
-Day trip to the North Shore
-Captain Andy's sunset dinner cruise on the Na Pali Coast
-Dinner at the Beach House (again, how far in advance to book dinner at sunset?)
Maui and Kauai Activities - When to Book
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 2 Low Country Honor Flight to Washington DC
- 3 Question About Sealodge
- 4 Broadway choices
- 5 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 6 San Francisco vs. San Diego
- 7 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 8 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 9 5 Day Trip to New York in October
- 10 Worst Restaurants in America
- 11 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 12 Door County or New Glarus, Wis visit 4th weekend in Oct 2014?
- 13 Fairbanks Alaska
- 14 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 15 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 16 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 17 Yosemite Lodging
- 18 Colorado aspen updates
- 19 Museum of Arts and Design, NYC
- 20 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 21 Kauai and Molokai or Kauai and Maui for 10 days?
- 22 Road Trip in January - New Orleans to Lexington
- 23 Getaway
- 24 New England Skiing
- 25 Driving from Las Vegas to Santa Fe - A few questions.