My fiancé and I are traveling to Hawaii on our honeymoon in the second half of October. We decided on 6 days/6 nights on Maui at the Sheraton Black Rock in Kaanapali and 6 days/5 nights on Kauai at the Grand Hyatt in Poipu. We have a list of potential activities/restaurants we would like to enjoy while we are in Hawaii and I was hoping to get some input on how far in advance we should book these activities as well as which activities are must-dos/what can be skipped. I don't want our honeymoon to feel too planned out or jam-packed with activities, so we will not be doing all of these. I am worried about making sure activities don't sell out on us, so it would be great to know a timeline for bookings and any recommendations on companies to use for some of the these would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking it would be reasonable to have one full day adventure/road trip, one half day activity, one nicer dinner out, and one dinner/activity on each island, leaving the rest of the time for exploring and relaxing at our leisure. Thanks in advance for your advice!
-Road to Hana
-Haleakala sunrise/bike down the mountain (probably on the first day since we will be up early from the jet lag)
-1/2 day (morning) snorkeling at Molokini
-Old Lahaina Luau (I've heard to book 2 months in advance)
-Dinner at Mama's Fish House or Merrimans (how far in advance to book dinner at sunset?)
-Day trip to the North Shore
-Captain Andy's sunset dinner cruise on the Na Pali Coast
-Dinner at the Beach House (again, how far in advance to book dinner at sunset?)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle, Las Vegas and Salt Lake
- 2 Northern California Redwoods
- 3 Seaside, California
- 4 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 5 TIPS - Pacific Coast Highway
- 6 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 7 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 8 saint john the divine concert for peace tickets
- 9 California trip: Where to go after San Francisco?
- 10 Denali
- 11 JFK Terminal 8
- 12 Off-season use of a car on Zion Scenic Drive
- 13 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 14 washington-blueridge parkway-myrtle beach
- 15 Maine in May?
- 16 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 17 Dinner Cruise down San Antonio River?
- 18 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 19 NYC Discounted Metropolitan Opera Tickets
- 20 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 21 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 22 Bed and Breakfast
- 23 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 24 What car service?
- 25 Moving to a new state looking for advice