My fiancé and I are traveling to Hawaii on our honeymoon in the second half of October. We decided on 6 days/6 nights on Maui at the Sheraton Black Rock in Kaanapali and 6 days/5 nights on Kauai at the Grand Hyatt in Poipu. We have a list of potential activities/restaurants we would like to enjoy while we are in Hawaii and I was hoping to get some input on how far in advance we should book these activities as well as which activities are must-dos/what can be skipped. I don't want our honeymoon to feel too planned out or jam-packed with activities, so we will not be doing all of these. I am worried about making sure activities don't sell out on us, so it would be great to know a timeline for bookings and any recommendations on companies to use for some of the these would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking it would be reasonable to have one full day adventure/road trip, one half day activity, one nicer dinner out, and one dinner/activity on each island, leaving the rest of the time for exploring and relaxing at our leisure. Thanks in advance for your advice!
-Road to Hana
-Haleakala sunrise/bike down the mountain (probably on the first day since we will be up early from the jet lag)
-1/2 day (morning) snorkeling at Molokini
-Old Lahaina Luau (I've heard to book 2 months in advance)
-Dinner at Mama's Fish House or Merrimans (how far in advance to book dinner at sunset?)
-Day trip to the North Shore
-Captain Andy's sunset dinner cruise on the Na Pali Coast
-Dinner at the Beach House (again, how far in advance to book dinner at sunset?)
Maui and Kauai Activities - When to Book
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Timeshare Nightmares
- 2 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 3 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 4 Brooklyn why?
- 5 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 6 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 7 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 8 New York City Subway Fare Payment
- 9 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 10 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 11 Rafting in Wisconsin
- 12 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 13 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 14 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 15 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 16 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 17 Phoenix restaurants
- 18 5 week in US/Mexico
- 19 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 20 10 day trip to California
- 21 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 22 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 23 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 24 Rafting near Denali
- 25 New York City Restaurants