My fiancé and I are traveling to Hawaii on our honeymoon in the second half of October. We decided on 6 days/6 nights on Maui at the Sheraton Black Rock in Kaanapali and 6 days/5 nights on Kauai at the Grand Hyatt in Poipu. We have a list of potential activities/restaurants we would like to enjoy while we are in Hawaii and I was hoping to get some input on how far in advance we should book these activities as well as which activities are must-dos/what can be skipped. I don't want our honeymoon to feel too planned out or jam-packed with activities, so we will not be doing all of these. I am worried about making sure activities don't sell out on us, so it would be great to know a timeline for bookings and any recommendations on companies to use for some of the these would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking it would be reasonable to have one full day adventure/road trip, one half day activity, one nicer dinner out, and one dinner/activity on each island, leaving the rest of the time for exploring and relaxing at our leisure. Thanks in advance for your advice!
-Road to Hana
-Haleakala sunrise/bike down the mountain (probably on the first day since we will be up early from the jet lag)
-1/2 day (morning) snorkeling at Molokini
-Old Lahaina Luau (I've heard to book 2 months in advance)
-Dinner at Mama's Fish House or Merrimans (how far in advance to book dinner at sunset?)
-Day trip to the North Shore
-Captain Andy's sunset dinner cruise on the Na Pali Coast
-Dinner at the Beach House (again, how far in advance to book dinner at sunset?)
Maui and Kauai Activities - When to Book
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 star hotels in manhattan
- 2 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 3 Mystery of Death Valley's 'Sailing Stones' Solved | Moving Rocks
- 4 Jersey Boys Show ? Las Vegas
- 5 Napa Wineries to Visit/San Fran Traffic Question
- 6 Recommendations for Moderately Priced Dining in Moab?
- 7 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 8 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 9 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 10 Road Trip
- 11 Argentinians in NYC!!
- 12 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 13 Road trip itinerary
- 14 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 15 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 16 best area to stay in san diego
- 17 Key West Dry Tortugas
- 18 Vegas hotels for families
- 19 Scouting trip for possible move to SoCal -- advice on itin, please
- 20 San Francisco - mid October
- 21 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 22 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 23 Boulder Hotels. Want nice !! Near U of C
- 24 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 25 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers