My fiancé and I are traveling to Hawaii on our honeymoon in the second half of October. We decided on 6 days/6 nights on Maui at the Sheraton Black Rock in Kaanapali and 6 days/5 nights on Kauai at the Grand Hyatt in Poipu. We have a list of potential activities/restaurants we would like to enjoy while we are in Hawaii and I was hoping to get some input on how far in advance we should book these activities as well as which activities are must-dos/what can be skipped. I don't want our honeymoon to feel too planned out or jam-packed with activities, so we will not be doing all of these. I am worried about making sure activities don't sell out on us, so it would be great to know a timeline for bookings and any recommendations on companies to use for some of the these would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking it would be reasonable to have one full day adventure/road trip, one half day activity, one nicer dinner out, and one dinner/activity on each island, leaving the rest of the time for exploring and relaxing at our leisure. Thanks in advance for your advice!
-Road to Hana
-Haleakala sunrise/bike down the mountain (probably on the first day since we will be up early from the jet lag)
-1/2 day (morning) snorkeling at Molokini
-Old Lahaina Luau (I've heard to book 2 months in advance)
-Dinner at Mama's Fish House or Merrimans (how far in advance to book dinner at sunset?)
-Day trip to the North Shore
-Captain Andy's sunset dinner cruise on the Na Pali Coast
-Dinner at the Beach House (again, how far in advance to book dinner at sunset?)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help me with this
- 2 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 3 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 4 Atlanta airport to Marietta, GA traffic
- 5 Tohono Chul Tucson?
- 6 AR State Parks
- 7 Washington DC in July - hotel, and what items to book now
- 8 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 9 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 10 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 11 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 12 9-10 day trip to WA
- 13 Apply in 12th grade for an international student ?
- 14 West to East Coast in 10 days
- 15 Proposed Los Angeles itinerary, almost exclusively without a car
- 16 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 17 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 18 las vegas, zion, bryce , grandcanyon, page (antelope canyon), sedona,
- 19 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 20 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 21 Atlanta With Toddler
- 22 Metropolitan Opera - good seats?
- 23 NYC For The Day
- 24 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 25 NYC opinions please! 2nt (shows & meals w/1st timer)