DH and i are considering a week in maui (end of august). in my 'dream life' i'd be going to maui in the WINTER and not in august. however, we've got a baby on the way and we're looking for a getaway before things get hairy!
a bit of background ... we're in our mid-30s, busy professionals from toronto, well-travelled. i was in hawaii as a kid for a family vacation and it was a super memorable trip. with DH, the majority of our travels have focused on urban vacations (versus camping, cottages, nature expeditions, etc.)
a beachfront location and easy access to a beach (that is swimable) is a must for us (along with an oceanview room) for this trip. a pool is neither here nor there for us (we're going all the way to hawaii for an ocean!). since we'll be in maui in august, we'll need air conditioning so that limits our choices as well. we'd like a condo so we can manage our own meals, if we so choose.
expedia is offering some great packages (air, hotel, car) from toronto and i've narrowed down our accommodations choices between MAUI KAI and OUTRIGGER MAUI ELDORADO. both are equally priced (give or take a few bucks).
any thoughts on recommendations for either of these places?
some other questions:
1. what is the mosquito and/or biting bug situation like in maui in august? i have really bad reactions to bug bites (likely explains why i focus on urban vacations!) and being preggers means i can't normally rely on my arsenal of anti-histamines!
2. any comments for activities in maui while preggers? i'll be about 25-26 weeks at the time of this trip.
i've just started planning this trip (like today!) and already, the forums have been a wealth of information (as usual!).
thanks very much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://healthchatboard.com/muscle-boost-x/
- 2 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 3 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 4 Reasonable accommodations in Wyoming
- 5 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 6 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 7 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 8 Wine Bars in Hollywood / Fort Lauderdale
- 9 Mass Pike Electronic Tolling starts 10/28
- 10 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 11 Page, AZ area
- 12 Yellowstone
- 13 The Williamsburg Wedding
- 14 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 15 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 16 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 17 saint john the divine concert for peace tickets
- 18 Traveling Alone
- 19 Northern California Redwoods
- 20 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 21 Redwoods National Park
- 22 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 23 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 24 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 25 New Mexico in May