DH and i are considering a week in maui (end of august). in my 'dream life' i'd be going to maui in the WINTER and not in august. however, we've got a baby on the way and we're looking for a getaway before things get hairy!
a bit of background ... we're in our mid-30s, busy professionals from toronto, well-travelled. i was in hawaii as a kid for a family vacation and it was a super memorable trip. with DH, the majority of our travels have focused on urban vacations (versus camping, cottages, nature expeditions, etc.)
a beachfront location and easy access to a beach (that is swimable) is a must for us (along with an oceanview room) for this trip. a pool is neither here nor there for us (we're going all the way to hawaii for an ocean!). since we'll be in maui in august, we'll need air conditioning so that limits our choices as well. we'd like a condo so we can manage our own meals, if we so choose.
expedia is offering some great packages (air, hotel, car) from toronto and i've narrowed down our accommodations choices between MAUI KAI and OUTRIGGER MAUI ELDORADO. both are equally priced (give or take a few bucks).
any thoughts on recommendations for either of these places?
some other questions:
1. what is the mosquito and/or biting bug situation like in maui in august? i have really bad reactions to bug bites (likely explains why i focus on urban vacations!) and being preggers means i can't normally rely on my arsenal of anti-histamines!
2. any comments for activities in maui while preggers? i'll be about 25-26 weeks at the time of this trip.
i've just started planning this trip (like today!) and already, the forums have been a wealth of information (as usual!).
thanks very much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementscart.com/nitrocut/
- 2 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 3 Ouray to Aspen or Carbondale to Estes
- 4 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 5 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 6 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 7 Uber from Baton Rouge to N.O. Airport
- 8 Train from east cost to west coast
- 9 Civilian Visit to Schofield Barracks and Kolekole Pass
- 10 Walking at Ka'anapali Beach
- 11 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 12 Arches or Zion?
- 13 Route 66
- 14 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 15 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 16 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 17 Hiking from Aspen to Crested Butte
- 18 Any nice condo's to stay in Seaside, Florida?
- 19 Where to go for a long winter vacation in Florida, Panama City Beach??
- 20 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 21 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 22 Travel Friday Harbor to Olympic Peninsula?
- 23 Trip Report Part 2 (w/teens) - Zion, Bryce and Park City
- 24 Northern California Gardens.
- 25 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST