My husband and I are headed to Maui next summer (3rd trip to Hawaii, 2nd to Maui) and think we want to stay in Wailea. We stayed in Kaanapali for the last trip.
Right now, the Four Seasons, Kea Lani, and Grand Wailea are all about $400 for the cheapest room per night. I am totally torn on where to stay! They all seem to have great perks between the pools at GW, the suites at Fairmont, and class and service at 4S. We are definitely pool and beach people. (We have walked through the Kea Lani when eating at Nick's last trip, and thought it was beautiful)
We were deciding between 4S and Kea Lani before, but now GW is the same price, too. They were about $500 a night for our dates until recently, so now they are in the running. (You were right about the price drop, Crazy4Hawaii!)
We are looking for the following:
*nicely decorated, modern rooms
*great pool and beach
* free lounge chairs and umbrellas on the beach
*good food for poolside lunches
*poolside service for drinks and lunch
*good snorkeling on-site
Which is nicer -- Polo or Wailea beach?
And which resort has the nicest room/view in the lowest category room levels? We are most likely taking the cheapest room no matter where we stay, but IF we did splurge for an ocean view for a couple of nights, which hotel has the best ocean views? (For example, one idea I had was 5 nights at Fairmont and 3 in a DOV at GW. The pools and spa are tempting me at GW.)
Are Kea Lani's rooms ALL renovated now -- or will they be by next summer?
Any tips/suggestions and personal experiences would be great! Thanks!
(BTW, the kids thing at Kea Lani or Fairmont doesn't bother me as they both have adult pools.)
Maui: 4S, Kea Lani, and GW all the same price for next summer. Have some questions, and I'm having an impossible time choosing!
- 1 Newport, RI Questions
- 2 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 3 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 4 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 5 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 6 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 7 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 8 Denver 1 day in denver
- 9 Boston and surrounding area
- 10 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 11 Northern Idaho - Western Montana Drive
- 12 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 13 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 14 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 15 Santa Fe at the end of May?
- 16 Savannah restaurants
- 17 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 18 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 19 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 20 Middlebury vt quickie
- 21 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 22 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 23 Crater Lake-North entrance open
- 24 New Orleans - Alligator Cheesecake???
- 25 New York City Itinerary and Restaurant Help