We are planning a trip to Ilinois and Wisconsin in mid May. We will be traveling by motorcycle and pulling a small trailer to carry our clothes and camping gear. We plan to camp most of the trip. We would like to spend a few days in Chicago in a hotel near the central loop district or mag mile area but are concerned about safety, cost, and availability of parking the bike and trailer in the City. We are considering taking the train from Milwaukee, which would mean backtracking to get home, or from a Metra station outside of Chicago. We were looking at the Manhattan station. I realize there will be cost and other issues to be considered by leaving the bike and trailer in another location. What are the pros and cons of this idea? Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated..
Mass transit vs motorcycling in downtown Chicago
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 2 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 3 What is timeshare in spiritual sense.
- 4 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 5 Finding flights and hotels globally
- 6 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 7 Is the New York subway safe?
- 8 Skiing New Mexico
- 9 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 10 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 11 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 12 Where to from Tampa?
- 13 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 14 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 15 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 16 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 17 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 18 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 19 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 20 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 21 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 22 Thinking about moving from PA to Florida (Dr. Phillips area of Orlando)
- 23 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 24 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 25 Drive from Grand Canyon to Prescott next week