We are planning a trip to Ilinois and Wisconsin in mid May. We will be traveling by motorcycle and pulling a small trailer to carry our clothes and camping gear. We plan to camp most of the trip. We would like to spend a few days in Chicago in a hotel near the central loop district or mag mile area but are concerned about safety, cost, and availability of parking the bike and trailer in the City. We are considering taking the train from Milwaukee, which would mean backtracking to get home, or from a Metra station outside of Chicago. We were looking at the Manhattan station. I realize there will be cost and other issues to be considered by leaving the bike and trailer in another location. What are the pros and cons of this idea? Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated..
Mass transit vs motorcycling in downtown Chicago
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 2 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 3 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 4 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 5 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 6 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 7 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 8 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 9 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 10 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 11 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 12 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 13 New York City Restaurants
- 14 Dining in D.C.
- 15 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 16 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 17 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 18 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 19 Jersey City Parking
- 20 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 21 Washington DC Metro
- 22 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 23 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 24 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 25 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone