We are planning a trip to Ilinois and Wisconsin in mid May. We will be traveling by motorcycle and pulling a small trailer to carry our clothes and camping gear. We plan to camp most of the trip. We would like to spend a few days in Chicago in a hotel near the central loop district or mag mile area but are concerned about safety, cost, and availability of parking the bike and trailer in the City. We are considering taking the train from Milwaukee, which would mean backtracking to get home, or from a Metra station outside of Chicago. We were looking at the Manhattan station. I realize there will be cost and other issues to be considered by leaving the bike and trailer in another location. What are the pros and cons of this idea? Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated..
Mass transit vs motorcycling in downtown Chicago
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 2 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 3 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 4 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 5 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 6 NYC theatre broadway
- 7 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 8 First family ski trip
- 9 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 10 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 11 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 12 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 13 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 14 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 15 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 16 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 17 Visiting Denver
- 18 Visiting Denver
- 19 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 20 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 21 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 22 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 23 Denver in a half day
- 24 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 25 Return to Utah - New Sites