We are planning a trip to Ilinois and Wisconsin in mid May. We will be traveling by motorcycle and pulling a small trailer to carry our clothes and camping gear. We plan to camp most of the trip. We would like to spend a few days in Chicago in a hotel near the central loop district or mag mile area but are concerned about safety, cost, and availability of parking the bike and trailer in the City. We are considering taking the train from Milwaukee, which would mean backtracking to get home, or from a Metra station outside of Chicago. We were looking at the Manhattan station. I realize there will be cost and other issues to be considered by leaving the bike and trailer in another location. What are the pros and cons of this idea? Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated..
Mass transit vs motorcycling in downtown Chicago
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Oregon Road Trip
- 2 Arizona / Utah Itinerary
- 3 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 4 Getaway
- 5 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 6 Moving to New Jersey
- 7 Hotel recommendations for Western Oregon
- 8 Refining my California Itinerary
- 9 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 10 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 11 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 12 Las Vegas to San Francisco in October - best route
- 13 Portland Or is a foodie scene
- 14 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 15 St. Simon, Georgia
- 16 Georgetown Washington DC Historic row houses along C&O Canal?
- 17 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 18 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 19 4 week family trip ideas
- 20 Christmas in TX
- 21 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 22 Staying at holiday inn express midtown manhattan
- 23 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 24 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 25 Ben Landa