We are planning a trip to Ilinois and Wisconsin in mid May. We will be traveling by motorcycle and pulling a small trailer to carry our clothes and camping gear. We plan to camp most of the trip. We would like to spend a few days in Chicago in a hotel near the central loop district or mag mile area but are concerned about safety, cost, and availability of parking the bike and trailer in the City. We are considering taking the train from Milwaukee, which would mean backtracking to get home, or from a Metra station outside of Chicago. We were looking at the Manhattan station. I realize there will be cost and other issues to be considered by leaving the bike and trailer in another location. What are the pros and cons of this idea? Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated..
Mass transit vs motorcycling in downtown Chicago
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 2 Zion the narrows
- 3 Advice on Roadtrip
- 4 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 5 Mendocino - Sonoma
- 6 Best car to rent for driving around Oahu and Maui
- 7 Santa Barbara Trip Report
- 8 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 9 Los Angeles day trips
- 10 Hawaiian Islands
- 11 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton Road Trip
- 12 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 13 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 14 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 15 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 16 Cabin in Asheville area
- 17 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 18 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 19 Seattle Transportation??
- 20 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 21 LA with 12-year old granddaughter
- 22 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 23 San Juan Islands... cruise question
- 24 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 25 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston