We are planning a trip to Ilinois and Wisconsin in mid May. We will be traveling by motorcycle and pulling a small trailer to carry our clothes and camping gear. We plan to camp most of the trip. We would like to spend a few days in Chicago in a hotel near the central loop district or mag mile area but are concerned about safety, cost, and availability of parking the bike and trailer in the City. We are considering taking the train from Milwaukee, which would mean backtracking to get home, or from a Metra station outside of Chicago. We were looking at the Manhattan station. I realize there will be cost and other issues to be considered by leaving the bike and trailer in another location. What are the pros and cons of this idea? Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated..
Mass transit vs motorcycling in downtown Chicago
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 2 "Off the beaten path" road trip from Vail, CO
- 3 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 4 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 5 Backpacking in April
- 6 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 7 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 8 replica designer handbags
- 9 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 10 First family ski trip
- 11 San Diego parks and attractions
- 12 Cape Cod in early April
- 13 USA with a 3 year old
- 14 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 15 united and carry-ons
- 16 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 17 Portland Maine Hotels
- 18 Help choosing Chicago hotel
- 19 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 20 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 21 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 22 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 25 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife