I've been a long time lurker here and have gotten a ton of information, but this is my first post. I'm trying to help my in-laws plan a trip to Martha's Vineyard. A family friend has offered up their vacation home for a week for free at the end of June, so the in-laws want to take full advantage of it. It looks like it's located between West Tisbury and Chilmark...kinda in the middle of nowhere.
I guess my primary question would be if they should rent a car or not. From a little bit of the research I've done, people seem to go either way. Although, I've read in the summer that the traffic and parking can be maddening. Any thoughts? A week may be a long time to be at the mercy of the bus and taxis. Maybe they could see how the first day or two go and take it from there?
Also, any ideas of day trips FROM Martha's Vineyard? They'll probably want to stay there every night since it's free, but if any day trips are possible to elsewhere in the cape I'm sure they'd love to do that.
Thanks! I look forward to contributing more to the forums.
Martha's Vineyard for a week?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sea world San Diego
- 2 Berkshires
- 3 Clearwater visit.
- 4 Road Trip From Miami to New York, Ideas please!
- 5 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 6 Hawaii is still Hell
- 7 Alaska cruise on Celebrity Solstice
- 8 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 9 Tallest and largest living Saguaros at Saguaro National Park
- 10 Jersey Shore to NYC?
- 11 September Long Weekend in SW Colorado
- 12 Chicago - Girl Scout Itinerary
- 13 Charleston, SC 5 days
- 14 Spring Break in Charleston
- 15 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 16 Charleston Airport Hotel
- 17 Prince of Wales or Many Glacier? WHY?
- 18 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 19 Need a recommendation for lodging on Kauai (North or South side of Island)
- 20 Car rentals- San Francisco
- 21 Fiery Furnace Hike in Arches national park
- 22 Portland to San Fransisco in 7 days in mid March
- 23 Las Vegas in March
- 24 Just started to plan my Mid-March visit to Alaska!
- 25 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu