I've been a long time lurker here and have gotten a ton of information, but this is my first post. I'm trying to help my in-laws plan a trip to Martha's Vineyard. A family friend has offered up their vacation home for a week for free at the end of June, so the in-laws want to take full advantage of it. It looks like it's located between West Tisbury and Chilmark...kinda in the middle of nowhere.
I guess my primary question would be if they should rent a car or not. From a little bit of the research I've done, people seem to go either way. Although, I've read in the summer that the traffic and parking can be maddening. Any thoughts? A week may be a long time to be at the mercy of the bus and taxis. Maybe they could see how the first day or two go and take it from there?
Also, any ideas of day trips FROM Martha's Vineyard? They'll probably want to stay there every night since it's free, but if any day trips are possible to elsewhere in the cape I'm sure they'd love to do that.
Thanks! I look forward to contributing more to the forums.
Martha's Vineyard for a week?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Visiting Denver
- 2 Visiting Denver
- 3 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 4 NYC theatre broadway
- 5 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 6 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 7 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 8 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 9 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 10 New Yorkers,,,Yea!!
- 11 San Diego parks and attractions
- 12 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 13 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 14 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 15 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 16 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 17 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 18 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 19 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 20 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 21 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 22 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 23 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 24 Door County Suggestions
- 25 First family ski trip