I've been a long time lurker here and have gotten a ton of information, but this is my first post. I'm trying to help my in-laws plan a trip to Martha's Vineyard. A family friend has offered up their vacation home for a week for free at the end of June, so the in-laws want to take full advantage of it. It looks like it's located between West Tisbury and Chilmark...kinda in the middle of nowhere.
I guess my primary question would be if they should rent a car or not. From a little bit of the research I've done, people seem to go either way. Although, I've read in the summer that the traffic and parking can be maddening. Any thoughts? A week may be a long time to be at the mercy of the bus and taxis. Maybe they could see how the first day or two go and take it from there?
Also, any ideas of day trips FROM Martha's Vineyard? They'll probably want to stay there every night since it's free, but if any day trips are possible to elsewhere in the cape I'm sure they'd love to do that.
Thanks! I look forward to contributing more to the forums.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.garciniasstore.com/maxfit-garcinia/
- 2 Staten Island, Statue of LIberty
- 3 911 Museum
- 4 Need advice for a 3 days trip to Sedona then Grand Canyon
- 5 hotel in NYC
- 6 5 Days near Denver
- 7 Washington - what should we see between Seattle and Cashmere?
- 8 Post-Alaska cruise ideas July, 2018
- 9 train from NYC to Philadelphia
- 10 Kaihalulu Beach/Red Sand Beach - Maui, Hawaii
- 11 yeah or nay grand canyon in dec/jan
- 12 Bar Harbor, Maine
- 13 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 14 Airbnb and Santa Fe/Where to Stay
- 15 TSA Security Question
- 16 Utah too much crammed into 9 days, help please
- 17 3 day wine detour through the Willamette Valley
- 18 Crab restaurants near Silver Springs MD
- 19 Austin TX restaurants
- 20 Zion, Bryce, South/North Rim, Page
- 21 Denver to Mesa Verde National Park
- 22 Hotel in Austin
- 23 California: San Fran to San Diego
- 24 New York on the Super Cheap, May 2017
- 25 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?