I've been a long time lurker here and have gotten a ton of information, but this is my first post. I'm trying to help my in-laws plan a trip to Martha's Vineyard. A family friend has offered up their vacation home for a week for free at the end of June, so the in-laws want to take full advantage of it. It looks like it's located between West Tisbury and Chilmark...kinda in the middle of nowhere.
I guess my primary question would be if they should rent a car or not. From a little bit of the research I've done, people seem to go either way. Although, I've read in the summer that the traffic and parking can be maddening. Any thoughts? A week may be a long time to be at the mercy of the bus and taxis. Maybe they could see how the first day or two go and take it from there?
Also, any ideas of day trips FROM Martha's Vineyard? They'll probably want to stay there every night since it's free, but if any day trips are possible to elsewhere in the cape I'm sure they'd love to do that.
Thanks! I look forward to contributing more to the forums.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best City/Place to stopover between Seattle & San Francisco
- 2 Which Island for a 3 week base over Christmas New Year?
- 3 Dinner in Anchorage
- 4 Point of Entry wondering.. Help?
- 5 Boston/Cape/ Back to Boston (Or Have we Made a Big Mistake?)
- 6 Broiled Chicken and Sour Milk Biscuits in Delaware?
- 7 Hawaii - where?
- 8 Shenandoah National park
- 9 Road Trip from San Francisco to San Diego in 7 days
- 10 Road trip this summer from Phoenix to Yellowstone
- 11 Public Transport from JAC Airport to Teton Village
- 12 Things to do in NYC
- 13 San Francisco to San Diego
- 14 Highlights of our return to Kauai
- 15 Arizona PHX car rental
- 16 New York City Hotels: Times Square vs. Financial District
- 17 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 18 California & Oregon National Parks touir
- 19 BBQ
- 20 No Proper Response From Etihad after losing luggage
- 21 Niagara Falls to Ithaca
- 22 Boston thru New Hampshire to Quebec City
- 23 Stay in Sonoma, but want to hang in San Francisco.
- 24 Sandford Airport
- 25 Upcoming Alaska Trip