I've been a long time lurker here and have gotten a ton of information, but this is my first post. I'm trying to help my in-laws plan a trip to Martha's Vineyard. A family friend has offered up their vacation home for a week for free at the end of June, so the in-laws want to take full advantage of it. It looks like it's located between West Tisbury and Chilmark...kinda in the middle of nowhere.
I guess my primary question would be if they should rent a car or not. From a little bit of the research I've done, people seem to go either way. Although, I've read in the summer that the traffic and parking can be maddening. Any thoughts? A week may be a long time to be at the mercy of the bus and taxis. Maybe they could see how the first day or two go and take it from there?
Also, any ideas of day trips FROM Martha's Vineyard? They'll probably want to stay there every night since it's free, but if any day trips are possible to elsewhere in the cape I'm sure they'd love to do that.
Thanks! I look forward to contributing more to the forums.
Martha's Vineyard for a week?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Washington, DC to Boston
- 2 Where to go in Maine?
- 3 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 4 Ferry Valdez-Whittier (to Anchorage) or take the road instead ?
- 5 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 6 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 7 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 8 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 9 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 10 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 11 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 12 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 13 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 14 rain in Kauai
- 15 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 16 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 17 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 18 Kennedy Space Center
- 19 San Diego Trip Report
- 20 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 21 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 22 NYC jazz with a minor
- 23 NYC Itinerary Help
- 24 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 25 5 week in US/Mexico