I've been a long time lurker here and have gotten a ton of information, but this is my first post. I'm trying to help my in-laws plan a trip to Martha's Vineyard. A family friend has offered up their vacation home for a week for free at the end of June, so the in-laws want to take full advantage of it. It looks like it's located between West Tisbury and Chilmark...kinda in the middle of nowhere.
I guess my primary question would be if they should rent a car or not. From a little bit of the research I've done, people seem to go either way. Although, I've read in the summer that the traffic and parking can be maddening. Any thoughts? A week may be a long time to be at the mercy of the bus and taxis. Maybe they could see how the first day or two go and take it from there?
Also, any ideas of day trips FROM Martha's Vineyard? They'll probably want to stay there every night since it's free, but if any day trips are possible to elsewhere in the cape I'm sure they'd love to do that.
Thanks! I look forward to contributing more to the forums.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 2 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 3 Atlanta With Toddler
- 4 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 5 High Class Hottest Call Girl Service in Richards Town Bangalore Escorts
- 6 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 7 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 8 Looking a Good Call Girl Service in Jayanagar Bangalore
- 9 Education for higher school
- 10 NYC For The Day
- 11 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 12 9-10 day trip to WA
- 13 Turo?
- 14 USA family tour
- 15 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 16 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 17 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 18 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 19 Senior citizens traveling as groupl
- 20 Kauai planning help
- 21 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 22 Hawaii - June vs Aug, hotel vs rental
- 23 Revisiting Kauai: Heartbreak and Happiness
- 24 California Trip
- 25 Northeast/Mid-Atlantics States History/Beach Vacation