I've been a long time lurker here and have gotten a ton of information, but this is my first post. I'm trying to help my in-laws plan a trip to Martha's Vineyard. A family friend has offered up their vacation home for a week for free at the end of June, so the in-laws want to take full advantage of it. It looks like it's located between West Tisbury and Chilmark...kinda in the middle of nowhere.
I guess my primary question would be if they should rent a car or not. From a little bit of the research I've done, people seem to go either way. Although, I've read in the summer that the traffic and parking can be maddening. Any thoughts? A week may be a long time to be at the mercy of the bus and taxis. Maybe they could see how the first day or two go and take it from there?
Also, any ideas of day trips FROM Martha's Vineyard? They'll probably want to stay there every night since it's free, but if any day trips are possible to elsewhere in the cape I'm sure they'd love to do that.
Thanks! I look forward to contributing more to the forums.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Hostel in Bend, Oregon
- 2 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 3 USA family tour
- 4 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 5 Hawaiian Honeymoon - Hotel Advice
- 6 California Coast Road Trip Itinerary Help
- 7 Sky Harbor to Tucson shuttle
- 8 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 9 Los Angeles area wildflower viewing?
- 10 Road Trip Florida to Maine
- 11 Broadway Review - Show & Dinner
- 12 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 13 Overnight between Moab and Grand Canyon village
- 14 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 15 Here Are Our Interests, Now What Would You Add to Seattle?
- 16 Costco Travel
- 17 Which of these 3 Kona hotels
- 18 Philly Itinerary Help
- 19 10 days in Alaska. Help please
- 20 Route 81: RI to Orlando
- 21 Bryce and Zion hikes and photography
- 22 Little Bighorn, beartooth, Yellowstone, Tetons, Jackson hole, Cody
- 23 There's a Tulip Field in Texas!
- 24 4 days road trip southern New England
- 25 trip out west horses and rafting