I'm considering a trip to Vegas during the last few days of March with my wife & two boys, 7 & 11. I've toured the hotel and grounds several times but have never stayed here. At present, the hotel has a fair price of $109 quoted on their web site for my days of occupancy. I see in the small print, however, that they want an additional $35 per person for occupancy above and beyond 2 guests, and this reportedly includes "children of all ages". While I'm not shy about booking at the double rate and "sneaking" the kids into a hotel with thousands of rooms, I am curious how the hotel's inviting pool area monitors the number of guests. Do you simply show the attendant a room key or do they use some sort of wristband set-up, etc? Do they have knowledge down at the pool of how many guests are in a room? I'll pay $109 here, but darned if I'll pay an additonal $70 for my kids. I can see this extra per-person fee working to prevent a group of 6 college kids from crashing in a room, etc. It seems insulting, however, for a 4 person family and a big enough deterent to cancel a stay at the Mandalay Bay. Any input on this from people that have stayed here would be appreciated, especially those that have traveled with kids. Thanks a lot!!
Mandalay Bay-Rates & pool admission.
View all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 2 Savanah Sojourn
- 3 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 4 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 5 Christmas Day Dinner in Charleston SC
- 6 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 7 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 8 pa to az
- 9 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 10 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 11 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 12 RIP Judy Rogers
- 13 Calling Cards for Hawaii Travelers?
- 14 Princeville in January
- 15 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 16 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 17 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 18 Warm and don't Drive
- 19 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 20 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 21 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 22 Yountville or Napa in February??
- 23 6 Reasons Hawaii Will Ruin Your Life
- 24 Hotel Survey - UCSD student
- 25 4 Day Trip to Colorado