I'm considering a trip to Vegas during the last few days of March with my wife & two boys, 7 & 11. I've toured the hotel and grounds several times but have never stayed here. At present, the hotel has a fair price of $109 quoted on their web site for my days of occupancy. I see in the small print, however, that they want an additional $35 per person for occupancy above and beyond 2 guests, and this reportedly includes "children of all ages". While I'm not shy about booking at the double rate and "sneaking" the kids into a hotel with thousands of rooms, I am curious how the hotel's inviting pool area monitors the number of guests. Do you simply show the attendant a room key or do they use some sort of wristband set-up, etc? Do they have knowledge down at the pool of how many guests are in a room? I'll pay $109 here, but darned if I'll pay an additonal $70 for my kids. I can see this extra per-person fee working to prevent a group of 6 college kids from crashing in a room, etc. It seems insulting, however, for a 4 person family and a big enough deterent to cancel a stay at the Mandalay Bay. Any input on this from people that have stayed here would be appreciated, especially those that have traveled with kids. Thanks a lot!!
Mandalay Bay-Rates & pool admission.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego parks and attractions
- 2 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 3 Cape Cod in early April
- 4 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 5 USA with a 3 year old
- 6 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 7 united and carry-ons
- 8 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 9 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 10 Backpacking in April
- 11 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 12 replica designer handbags
- 13 Portland Maine Hotels
- 14 Help choosing Chicago hotel
- 15 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 16 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 17 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 18 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 19 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 20 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 21 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 22 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 23 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 24 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 25 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road