I'm considering a trip to Vegas during the last few days of March with my wife & two boys, 7 & 11. I've toured the hotel and grounds several times but have never stayed here. At present, the hotel has a fair price of $109 quoted on their web site for my days of occupancy. I see in the small print, however, that they want an additional $35 per person for occupancy above and beyond 2 guests, and this reportedly includes "children of all ages". While I'm not shy about booking at the double rate and "sneaking" the kids into a hotel with thousands of rooms, I am curious how the hotel's inviting pool area monitors the number of guests. Do you simply show the attendant a room key or do they use some sort of wristband set-up, etc? Do they have knowledge down at the pool of how many guests are in a room? I'll pay $109 here, but darned if I'll pay an additonal $70 for my kids. I can see this extra per-person fee working to prevent a group of 6 college kids from crashing in a room, etc. It seems insulting, however, for a 4 person family and a big enough deterent to cancel a stay at the Mandalay Bay. Any input on this from people that have stayed here would be appreciated, especially those that have traveled with kids. Thanks a lot!!
Mandalay Bay-Rates & pool admission.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 3 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 4 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 5 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 6 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 7 West Maui Restaurants
- 8 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 9 San Diego Little Italy
- 10 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 11 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 12 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 13 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 14 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 15 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 16 Key West Hotel in January
- 17 Healdsburg tips
- 18 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 19 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 20 los angeles restaurants
- 21 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 22 Help me plan a trip to Nashville and Memphis.
- 23 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 24 Calf trip
- 25 Trip to Jupiter, FL