I'm considering a trip to Vegas during the last few days of March with my wife & two boys, 7 & 11. I've toured the hotel and grounds several times but have never stayed here. At present, the hotel has a fair price of $109 quoted on their web site for my days of occupancy. I see in the small print, however, that they want an additional $35 per person for occupancy above and beyond 2 guests, and this reportedly includes "children of all ages". While I'm not shy about booking at the double rate and "sneaking" the kids into a hotel with thousands of rooms, I am curious how the hotel's inviting pool area monitors the number of guests. Do you simply show the attendant a room key or do they use some sort of wristband set-up, etc? Do they have knowledge down at the pool of how many guests are in a room? I'll pay $109 here, but darned if I'll pay an additonal $70 for my kids. I can see this extra per-person fee working to prevent a group of 6 college kids from crashing in a room, etc. It seems insulting, however, for a 4 person family and a big enough deterent to cancel a stay at the Mandalay Bay. Any input on this from people that have stayed here would be appreciated, especially those that have traveled with kids. Thanks a lot!!
Mandalay Bay-Rates & pool admission.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 2 Wine Country Picnic
- 3 10 day trip to California
- 4 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 5 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 6 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 7 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 8 Boston/Fenway park
- 9 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 10 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 11 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 12 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 13 Recommendations for four days in Las Vegas
- 14 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 15 Where to go in Maine?
- 16 Magnificient, Marvelous Montana!
- 17 Timeshare Nightmares
- 18 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 19 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 20 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 21 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 22 Sacramento GTG
- 23 Travel West Coast
- 24 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 25 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida