Hello forum! I read a topic on here from almost 4 years ago that a gentleman had posted about wanting to move his family to Florida. I read the responses and was happy to hear all the information however I am interested to hear how dynamics have changed since then! Here is what I am asking: My husband (who is a certified medical assistant), myself (stay at home mom, aspiring photographer) and our two kids, ages 3 and newborn are planning to make the move to Florida in the next 6 months. Of coarse having a stable job is the most important part of having a successful move but where do we look for this job? We would like to move to an area that has a lower crime rate, community growth and awareness, decent schools for our children when they are ready and if possible within 30 mins or closer to the beach. We currently live in KY and are looking for comparable cost of living area's and rate of pay. My husband and I were married in Daytona Beach about 4 years ago and have visited there on MANY occasions and although we agree we love Daytona we do not want to live a touristy city. We are also looking for a house to rent, or rent to own. I know this is a lot of information but I would like to hear the most accurate responses that I can get. We are a very fun loving family with plenty of energy so a "retirement" community is also not an option. Hopefully some will see this and have some wonderful suggestions. Thanks in advance for your time.
Making a big change
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 4 week family trip ideas
- 2 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 3 Christmas in TX
- 4 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 5 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 6 Staying at holiday inn express midtown manhattan
- 7 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 8 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 9 Ben Landa
- 10 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 11 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 12 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 13 Tucson area flooding
- 14 Road Trip: Niagara to New York Via Vermont
- 15 Storing luggage in Manhattan for a few hours
- 16 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 17 California
- 18 lunch in Boulder CO TODAY!!
- 19 San Diego locals-can you advise?
- 20 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 21 Oregon Road Trip
- 22 Long Island Advice
- 23 Colorado aspen updates
- 24 Georgetown Washington DC Historic row houses along C&O Canal?
- 25 Yellowstone and Tetons in a Flash