Hello forum! I read a topic on here from almost 4 years ago that a gentleman had posted about wanting to move his family to Florida. I read the responses and was happy to hear all the information however I am interested to hear how dynamics have changed since then! Here is what I am asking: My husband (who is a certified medical assistant), myself (stay at home mom, aspiring photographer) and our two kids, ages 3 and newborn are planning to make the move to Florida in the next 6 months. Of coarse having a stable job is the most important part of having a successful move but where do we look for this job? We would like to move to an area that has a lower crime rate, community growth and awareness, decent schools for our children when they are ready and if possible within 30 mins or closer to the beach. We currently live in KY and are looking for comparable cost of living area's and rate of pay. My husband and I were married in Daytona Beach about 4 years ago and have visited there on MANY occasions and although we agree we love Daytona we do not want to live a touristy city. We are also looking for a house to rent, or rent to own. I know this is a lot of information but I would like to hear the most accurate responses that I can get. We are a very fun loving family with plenty of energy so a "retirement" community is also not an option. Hopefully some will see this and have some wonderful suggestions. Thanks in advance for your time.
Making a big change
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 3 charleston during Christmas Week
- 4 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 5 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 6 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 7 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 8 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 9 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 10 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 11 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 12 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 13 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 14 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 15 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 16 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 17 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 18 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 19 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 20 Key West Hotel in January
- 21 los angeles restaurants
- 22 West Maui Restaurants
- 23 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 24 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 25 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas