Hello forum! I read a topic on here from almost 4 years ago that a gentleman had posted about wanting to move his family to Florida. I read the responses and was happy to hear all the information however I am interested to hear how dynamics have changed since then! Here is what I am asking: My husband (who is a certified medical assistant), myself (stay at home mom, aspiring photographer) and our two kids, ages 3 and newborn are planning to make the move to Florida in the next 6 months. Of coarse having a stable job is the most important part of having a successful move but where do we look for this job? We would like to move to an area that has a lower crime rate, community growth and awareness, decent schools for our children when they are ready and if possible within 30 mins or closer to the beach. We currently live in KY and are looking for comparable cost of living area's and rate of pay. My husband and I were married in Daytona Beach about 4 years ago and have visited there on MANY occasions and although we agree we love Daytona we do not want to live a touristy city. We are also looking for a house to rent, or rent to own. I know this is a lot of information but I would like to hear the most accurate responses that I can get. We are a very fun loving family with plenty of energy so a "retirement" community is also not an option. Hopefully some will see this and have some wonderful suggestions. Thanks in advance for your time.
Making a big change
- 1 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 2 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 3 Road Trip - Las Vegas, NV to Monterey, CA
- 4 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 5 NYC to FLA Road Trip..stopovers (I-81) in Virginia and Sea Islands?
- 6 Middlebury vt quickie
- 7 Customs & Checked Baggage at O'Hare - coming from Dublin Airport
- 8 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 9 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 10 Kwaussies road trip, the final chapter!
- 11 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 12 Cheap Hotel in NY
- 13 hello guys....
- 14 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 15 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 16 Chicago: Clark & Lake Street Subway Stop
- 17 Albuquerque to Denver
- 18 Central Coast of Maine in August
- 19 Itinerary Ideas for 2nd Trip to NYC ... without kids this time
- 20 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 21 New York-Texas Road Trip
- 22 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 23 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 24 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 25 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested