Today - June 21 - is Make Music New York Day. there are a gazillion sites where music is being performed - all over the city. Check their web site at make music new york. We are headed for the 12:30 start at 67 and broadway - a marching band - NewOrleans style - marching through the streets to Columbus Circle - where there is a lot more music. Stuff all over Central Park. This is in celebration of the Summer Solstice - a pagan holiday. Started in France and is celebrated all over France - and Paris really swings - the entire city. Can't understand why there hasn't been more publcity about this - but it is one of New York's great days.
View all United States activity »
- 1 hotel near Met NYC
- 2 Key West on NYE
- 3 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 4 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 5 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 6 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 7 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 8 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 9 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....
- 10 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 11 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 12 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 13 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 14 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 15 San Antonio
- 16 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 17 Hotel near Public Theater
- 18 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?
- 19 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 20 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 21 Oahu Information
- 22 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 23 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 24 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 25 Savanah Sojourn