Today - June 21 - is Make Music New York Day. there are a gazillion sites where music is being performed - all over the city. Check their web site at make music new york. We are headed for the 12:30 start at 67 and broadway - a marching band - NewOrleans style - marching through the streets to Columbus Circle - where there is a lot more music. Stuff all over Central Park. This is in celebration of the Summer Solstice - a pagan holiday. Started in France and is celebrated all over France - and Paris really swings - the entire city. Can't understand why there hasn't been more publcity about this - but it is one of New York's great days.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 2 How to dress in Vegas
- 3 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 4 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 5 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 6 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 7 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 8 Orlando for Work
- 9 camaro hire in waikiki
- 10 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 11 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 12 Las vegas-Zion-Bryce-Antelope
- 13 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 14 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 15 charlotte
- 16 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 17 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 18 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 19 Sonoma or napa?
- 20 USA trip
- 21 Black Hills Trip Report
- 22 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 23 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 24 Cape Cod in October
- 25 Air Connections on Maui