My husband and I are flying into Boston July 2nd. and plan to rent a car and head straight to Portland Maine for our first visit. We have visited Boston so we are looking for ideas for the 6 days (we fly out of Boston on the 8th) in Maine. We thought we would start in Porland and try to make a "home base" in one town somewhere between Portland and Acadia, but we are not sure which of all these charming little towns we should stay at that gives us the best access and things to do while we visit. We are foodies traveling with our small dog and love the outdoors, art, history, music and a little shopping. Any ideas would be welcomed.
Maine where to go in July?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 2 Cape Cod in early April
- 3 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 4 USA with a 3 year old
- 5 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 6 united and carry-ons
- 7 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 8 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 9 Backpacking in April
- 10 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 11 replica designer handbags
- 12 Portland Maine Hotels
- 13 San Diego parks and attractions
- 14 Help choosing Chicago hotel
- 15 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 16 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 17 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 18 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 19 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 20 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 21 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 22 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 23 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 24 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 25 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road