My husband and I are flying into Boston July 2nd. and plan to rent a car and head straight to Portland Maine for our first visit. We have visited Boston so we are looking for ideas for the 6 days (we fly out of Boston on the 8th) in Maine. We thought we would start in Porland and try to make a "home base" in one town somewhere between Portland and Acadia, but we are not sure which of all these charming little towns we should stay at that gives us the best access and things to do while we visit. We are foodies traveling with our small dog and love the outdoors, art, history, music and a little shopping. Any ideas would be welcomed.
Maine where to go in July?
View all United States activity »
- 1 Apartment For Rent in Philadelphia
- 2 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 3 Warm and don't Drive
- 4 Philadelphia or Chicago
- 5 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 6 DETROIT'S BEAUTIFUL SIDE
- 7 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 8 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 9 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 10 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 11 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 12 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 13 Savanah Sojourn
- 14 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 15 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 16 Our first trip to the USA: What a holiday it has been!
- 17 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 18 Old Fall River Road closed in Rocky Mountain National Park through 2014
- 19 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 20 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 21 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 22 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 23 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 24 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 25 Madison Square Garden