My husband and I (early 30's, from Brooklyn) are taking a 5 day road trip in August along the Maine coast before a friend's wedding in Portsmouth, NH. We'll be flying into Portland, renting a car and driving to Acadia. We were thinking 3 nights in Bar Harbor, then driving back along the coast and staying 1 night somewhere between Acadia and Portland. Any suggestions for where to stay on the midcoast? We don't mind being somewhere quiet/remote for the one night. The next day we'll continue our drive to Portsmouth, maybe with a stop in Portland for lunch or dinner.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help Please - NYC Questions and Plans
- 2 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 3 Pet Friendly accommodations midway
- 4 Renting an RV to Tour NM
- 5 Retiring to Tucson
- 6 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 7 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 8 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 9 Favorite lodging near Acadia NP? Maine in October?
- 10 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 11 Hotel in Reno
- 12 winter resort offering snowshoeing dog sledding & boat trip
- 13 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 14 Looking for informaation on Joshua Tree
- 15 Summer Vacation Ideas
- 16 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 17 A nice restuarnt in Charlottesville, VA for bridesmaids luncheon?
- 18 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 19 http://skincaremarkets.com/brainup-iq/
- 20 Utah National Parks visit
- 21 10 days vacation in California
- 22 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 23 Plan a trip for me! 3 kids 5 and under, SW airlines out of MKE
- 24 roadtrip sfo - seattle
- 25 Chicago to Portland drive March 1