My husband and I (early 30's, from Brooklyn) are taking a 5 day road trip in August along the Maine coast before a friend's wedding in Portsmouth, NH. We'll be flying into Portland, renting a car and driving to Acadia. We were thinking 3 nights in Bar Harbor, then driving back along the coast and staying 1 night somewhere between Acadia and Portland. Any suggestions for where to stay on the midcoast? We don't mind being somewhere quiet/remote for the one night. The next day we'll continue our drive to Portsmouth, maybe with a stop in Portland for lunch or dinner.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Western US Road Trip- PeakBagging
- 2 Travelling from New York to JFK
- 3 Taking Onery Teens to LA for 4 days....
- 4 Yosemite Hike
- 5 Yosemite and surrounding for WINTER 2017: DO NEED HELP!
- 6 The District by Hilton Club
- 7 Montana or Wyoming special vacation
- 8 Late winter road trip Deep South
- 9 Acadia National Park
- 10 Martha's Vineyard. Nantucket/ Maine/ Cape cod
- 11 Anniversary destination
- 12 Any Cheaper way to fly into Jackson Hole?
- 13 Great eats Portland, Seattle, Vancouver
- 14 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 15 Florida Coffee Roasters
- 16 Thanksgiving Road trip California
- 17 Bryce Canyon Astronomy Festival
- 18 4th of July in Chicago
- 19 Visiting New York State
- 20 Driving from Denver to San Francisco in July
- 21 Another Outstanding Los Angeles Restaurant: Officine BRERA
- 22 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 23 NYC hotel w/great room view for 30th anniv.
- 24 Colorado Hiking in September
- 25 nashville,tenn