My husband and I (early 30's, from Brooklyn) are taking a 5 day road trip in August along the Maine coast before a friend's wedding in Portsmouth, NH. We'll be flying into Portland, renting a car and driving to Acadia. We were thinking 3 nights in Bar Harbor, then driving back along the coast and staying 1 night somewhere between Acadia and Portland. Any suggestions for where to stay on the midcoast? We don't mind being somewhere quiet/remote for the one night. The next day we'll continue our drive to Portsmouth, maybe with a stop in Portland for lunch or dinner.
Maine mid-coast recommendations?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Flying from LA to Massachusetts
- 2 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 3 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 4 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 5 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 6 Big island itinerary
- 7 Thousand Islands
- 8 Best Destination in USA
- 9 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 10 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 11 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 12 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 13 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 14 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 15 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 16 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 17 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 18 Grand Teton Romantic Accomdations
- 19 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 20 New York City and New England
- 21 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 22 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 23 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 24 San Francisco with 7 kids ages 5-14
- 25 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted