My husband and I (early 30's, from Brooklyn) are taking a 5 day road trip in August along the Maine coast before a friend's wedding in Portsmouth, NH. We'll be flying into Portland, renting a car and driving to Acadia. We were thinking 3 nights in Bar Harbor, then driving back along the coast and staying 1 night somewhere between Acadia and Portland. Any suggestions for where to stay on the midcoast? We don't mind being somewhere quiet/remote for the one night. The next day we'll continue our drive to Portsmouth, maybe with a stop in Portland for lunch or dinner.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How Much??-Taxi from Atlanta airport to Emory University
- 2 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 3 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 4 Things to do in Toronto
- 5 LA/ Santa Monica with boyfriend and another couple!
- 6 Miami airport--safety??
- 7 Las vegas hotel off the beaten path
- 8 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 9 US whole month of January where to
- 10 San Fran & Monterey Bay with Tweens
- 11 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 12 I95 or I81 to Florida from NJ on Memorial Day Weekend Friday?
- 13 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 14 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 15 Recent Spam Attacks
- 16 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 17 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 18 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 19 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 20 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 21 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 22 Baltimore Weekend
- 23 Dinosaur National Monument
- 24 Road trip LA to Phoenix via Grand Canyon
- 25 Is Yosemite worth going too in July?