My husband and I (early 30's, from Brooklyn) are taking a 5 day road trip in August along the Maine coast before a friend's wedding in Portsmouth, NH. We'll be flying into Portland, renting a car and driving to Acadia. We were thinking 3 nights in Bar Harbor, then driving back along the coast and staying 1 night somewhere between Acadia and Portland. Any suggestions for where to stay on the midcoast? We don't mind being somewhere quiet/remote for the one night. The next day we'll continue our drive to Portsmouth, maybe with a stop in Portland for lunch or dinner.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Washington DC to Orlando
- 2 Laguardia to Niagara Falls (US side)
- 3 Nantucket ferry - how badly did I miscalculate?
- 4 big one ?
- 5 Seattle first timers....outdoor trip in October
- 6 Long Island near Brookhaven
- 7 Florida for a while
- 8 Best way from LaGuardia to Stamford
- 9 Rental car question
- 10 Tri Rail train to Lauderdale by the Sea
- 11 Thank God I'm a Mountain Girl
- 12 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 13 5 or 6 day road trip from Seattle
- 14 Info about Newseum Parking in D.C.
- 15 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 16 Renting camper van/ motor home
- 17 Foliage in Vermont
- 18 Hiking Sandia Mountains
- 19 Grand Canyon hike
- 20 Florida apartments/condos?
- 21 Leesburg VA area restaurants
- 22 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 23 NYC - 2 days and nights mid week in May
- 24 Yosemite places to eat in half dome village
- 25 Island Hopping. Need #1 things to do on each island.