The first week in Oct, we will travel from Bar Harbor to Portland. We would like to travel via Hwy 1, along the coast. We are in no big hurry since that day is set aside for travel. Is this a bad idea or is this an interesting drive ? Any suggestions on where to stop ? Never been there before. The new Fodor's guide comes out in May, but we need to make plans before that. Thanks.
maine highway from Bar Harbor
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Place to Grab a Bite to Eat near Wilmington train station?
- 2 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 3 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 4 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 5 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 6 Fancy dining
- 7 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 8 Charlotte restaurant help
- 9 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 10 Historic Houses & Sites near Charleston & Savannah.
- 11 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 12 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 13 Need help with 2 days in Yellowstone with West Yellowstone Lodging
- 14 3 weeks covering SF, Monterey, Lake Isabella, Las Vegas and LA (Disney)
- 15 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 16 Road Trip SW
- 17 Seattle-Tacoma Airport to downtown Seattle
- 18 culpepper
- 19 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 20 Upscale Mexican restaurant in downtown Denver
- 21 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 22 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 23 2 weeks in Alaska
- 24 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 25 Week in Colorado Springs with 9 & 7 year old. Advice