The first week in Oct, we will travel from Bar Harbor to Portland. We would like to travel via Hwy 1, along the coast. We are in no big hurry since that day is set aside for travel. Is this a bad idea or is this an interesting drive ? Any suggestions on where to stop ? Never been there before. The new Fodor's guide comes out in May, but we need to make plans before that. Thanks.
maine highway from Bar Harbor
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Connecticut River Byway
- 2 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 3 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 4 Boston/Salem with kids
- 5 San Diego farmer's markets
- 6 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 7 Ogunquit Family Get Together
- 8 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 9 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 10 Road Trip SW
- 11 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 12 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 13 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 14 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 15 Vacation trip to Portland, OR,
- 16 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 17 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 18 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 19 drive from SF to crater lake
- 20 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 21 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 22 moving to florida
- 23 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 24 Hotel near Miami airport
- 25 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?