My husband and I are planning our 1st year anniversary trip to Maine Wednesday, August 29 - Monday, September 3, so 6 days including travel days (we are planning to arrive as early as possible to make the most of the trip!) and will be renting a car. We love B&B's and hotels that won't break the bank haha.
We need help with the itinerary. Places/things that are on our "must see/do" list are:
Acadia - see the sunrise, hike, picnic in the park
Whale watching tour
Find great restaurants (we love food!)
Freeport LL Bean store
See a few of the best Lighthouses
Train or drive to Boston to see Red Sox game and possibly spend 1 night, maybe even fly out of Boston to go home.
Possibly Kennebunkport, Boothbay, Rockport, or Bath???
Thanks in advance and all suggestions are welcomed!
Maine Anniversary Trip Help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 2 Scouting trip for possible move to SoCal -- advice on itin, please
- 3 best area to stay in san diego
- 4 Vegas hotels for families
- 5 East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.
- 6 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 7 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 8 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 9 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 10 Two airports to choose from?
- 11 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 12 Beaufort, NC or Wilmington, NC?
- 13 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 14 San Francisco - mid October
- 15 A few NYC questions about 9/11 memorial tours and more.
- 16 Key West Dry Tortugas
- 17 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 18 Pizza Recs in the Bronx Area
- 19 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 20 layover
- 21 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 22 Which cross-country route, I-40 or I-80?
- 23 Part Four of an 18 Day RV trip - Homer
- 24 Kayaking to Chinaman Hat/Kaneohe Bay Sandbar/offshore Islands in Dec?
- 25 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?