My husband and I are planning our 1st year anniversary trip to Maine Wednesday, August 29 - Monday, September 3, so 6 days including travel days (we are planning to arrive as early as possible to make the most of the trip!) and will be renting a car. We love B&B's and hotels that won't break the bank haha.
We need help with the itinerary. Places/things that are on our "must see/do" list are:
Acadia - see the sunrise, hike, picnic in the park
Whale watching tour
Find great restaurants (we love food!)
Freeport LL Bean store
See a few of the best Lighthouses
Train or drive to Boston to see Red Sox game and possibly spend 1 night, maybe even fly out of Boston to go home.
Possibly Kennebunkport, Boothbay, Rockport, or Bath???
Thanks in advance and all suggestions are welcomed!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 2 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 3 Self-Catering to Lunch at Philadelphia's Barnes Collection
- 4 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark
- 5 Sonoma Wine Tour 2 nights
- 6 Advice on tipping
- 7 Campground and Beach near Mystic, Ct
- 8 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 9 Hilton Head restaurants
- 10 September Road Trip in New England
- 11 Road trip October
- 12 Amish
- 13 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 14 SF, One day trip to wine county help July 3-5th??
- 15 United Nations tours
- 16 Solo Trip to Seattle on a Budget
- 17 national/state park in November
- 18 Road trip phila to toronto - help!
- 19 Nantucket for Columbus Weekend
- 20 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 21 Cayo Costa State Park
- 22 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 23 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 24 Cross Country NH to WA
- 25 Yreka, CA to Medford, OR, Siskiyou Pass