My husband and I are planning our 1st year anniversary trip to Maine Wednesday, August 29 - Monday, September 3, so 6 days including travel days (we are planning to arrive as early as possible to make the most of the trip!) and will be renting a car. We love B&B's and hotels that won't break the bank haha.
We need help with the itinerary. Places/things that are on our "must see/do" list are:
Acadia - see the sunrise, hike, picnic in the park
Whale watching tour
Find great restaurants (we love food!)
Freeport LL Bean store
See a few of the best Lighthouses
Train or drive to Boston to see Red Sox game and possibly spend 1 night, maybe even fly out of Boston to go home.
Possibly Kennebunkport, Boothbay, Rockport, or Bath???
Thanks in advance and all suggestions are welcomed!
Maine Anniversary Trip Help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 2 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 3 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 4 Mesa Verde
- 5 relocating travel
- 6 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 7 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 8 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 9 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 10 Seattle Hyatts
- 11 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 12 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 13 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 14 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 15 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 16 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 17 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 18 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 19 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 20 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 21 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 22 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 23 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 24 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?
- 25 ONP help