My husband and I are planning our 1st year anniversary trip to Maine Wednesday, August 29 - Monday, September 3, so 6 days including travel days (we are planning to arrive as early as possible to make the most of the trip!) and will be renting a car. We love B&B's and hotels that won't break the bank haha.
We need help with the itinerary. Places/things that are on our "must see/do" list are:
Acadia - see the sunrise, hike, picnic in the park
Whale watching tour
Find great restaurants (we love food!)
Freeport LL Bean store
See a few of the best Lighthouses
Train or drive to Boston to see Red Sox game and possibly spend 1 night, maybe even fly out of Boston to go home.
Possibly Kennebunkport, Boothbay, Rockport, or Bath???
Thanks in advance and all suggestions are welcomed!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Las Vegas show
- 2 Driving to St. Paul Minnesota from New York City
- 3 Lake Powell
- 4 Kauai North Shore Condos- Sealodge
- 5 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 6 Yellowstone weather in late May
- 7 PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU BOOK WITH Buena Vista Vacation Management
- 8 Train, Boston to NYC, questions
- 9 Having second thoughts regarding time allocation in NPs
- 10 How to spend 4 days ending in Boston?
- 11 Moab, Grand Canyon, Denver
- 12 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 13 Southwest US
- 14 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 15 Fly out of LA 10pm, what to do that day?
- 16 Does this itinerary sound reasonable? (north of SF)
- 17 Baby Boomer Road Trip
- 18 Glacier to Banff
- 19 Portland OR - Uber Question
- 20 Great Brunch in Tampa??
- 21 A southwest trip to Arizona, and Utah
- 22 Boston to see Sargent works
- 23 Bagels in Mid-town East
- 24 Denver and Beyond for 6 Days -- What to do?
- 25 Harlem, NY