My husband and I are planning our 1st year anniversary trip to Maine Wednesday, August 29 - Monday, September 3, so 6 days including travel days (we are planning to arrive as early as possible to make the most of the trip!) and will be renting a car. We love B&B's and hotels that won't break the bank haha.
We need help with the itinerary. Places/things that are on our "must see/do" list are:
Acadia - see the sunrise, hike, picnic in the park
Whale watching tour
Find great restaurants (we love food!)
Freeport LL Bean store
See a few of the best Lighthouses
Train or drive to Boston to see Red Sox game and possibly spend 1 night, maybe even fly out of Boston to go home.
Possibly Kennebunkport, Boothbay, Rockport, or Bath???
Thanks in advance and all suggestions are welcomed!
Maine Anniversary Trip Help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip in January - New Orleans to Lexington
- 2 Car Needed in Austin?
- 3 Delaware - what do you recommend?
- 4 West Coast Road Trip
- 5 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 6 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 7 Provincetown: Parking in City Lots and Restaurant Recommendations
- 8 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 9 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 10 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 11 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 12 Maui itinerary
- 13 Which Florida Key for one month stay with infant?
- 14 Las vegas and Grand canyon trip with parents ( 4 days)
- 15 One day trip to New york or Washington DC (First visit)!
- 16 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 17 East Coast Road Trip
- 18 advice for San jose to Napa limo
- 19 4 week family trip ideas
- 20 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 21 Pirateland SC
- 22 4 day trip from Denver this fall - First time in the Rockies - Where to go?
- 23 San Diego with Kids
- 24 Metro Card Options
- 25 New England Newbie - Help with 13 night itinerary - October