My husband and I are planning our 1st year anniversary trip to Maine Wednesday, August 29 - Monday, September 3, so 6 days including travel days (we are planning to arrive as early as possible to make the most of the trip!) and will be renting a car. We love B&B's and hotels that won't break the bank haha.
We need help with the itinerary. Places/things that are on our "must see/do" list are:
Acadia - see the sunrise, hike, picnic in the park
Whale watching tour
Find great restaurants (we love food!)
Freeport LL Bean store
See a few of the best Lighthouses
Train or drive to Boston to see Red Sox game and possibly spend 1 night, maybe even fly out of Boston to go home.
Possibly Kennebunkport, Boothbay, Rockport, or Bath???
Thanks in advance and all suggestions are welcomed!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Must Sees in San Francisco
- 2 First Trip to Texas -
- 3 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 4 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 5 Resort/Hotel near Port Canaveral
- 6 Our Boston Getaway
- 7 Nashville Questions
- 8 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 9 Ground Transportation Denver Airport to Downtown
- 10 4-5 day active vacation/road trip from NY/NJ
- 11 40th in Key West
- 12 Beaches in Florida
- 13 San Francisco during Super Bowl week
- 14 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 15 Downtown Chicago
- 16 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 17 Disney for Florida residents
- 18 DNA test re: ancestry - had it done?
- 19 Transport LGA to Grand Central
- 20 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 21 Las Vegas and Area - Nature and Hiking
- 22 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 23 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 24 What to do in San Diego
- 25 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016