My husband and I are planning our 1st year anniversary trip to Maine Wednesday, August 29 - Monday, September 3, so 6 days including travel days (we are planning to arrive as early as possible to make the most of the trip!) and will be renting a car. We love B&B's and hotels that won't break the bank haha.
We need help with the itinerary. Places/things that are on our "must see/do" list are:
Acadia - see the sunrise, hike, picnic in the park
Whale watching tour
Find great restaurants (we love food!)
Freeport LL Bean store
See a few of the best Lighthouses
Train or drive to Boston to see Red Sox game and possibly spend 1 night, maybe even fly out of Boston to go home.
Possibly Kennebunkport, Boothbay, Rockport, or Bath???
Thanks in advance and all suggestions are welcomed!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 2 Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 3 Farewell from Ira
- 4 Texas to New York Flight/Hotel Tips
- 5 Suggestions for Thanksgiving weekend on Cape Cod
- 6 Mid September New England trip itinerary
- 7 Cashless Toll roads.
- 8 Zion - Angel's Landing Trail Closed
- 9 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 10 Summer 2016 with three Children
- 11 Pix from Paradise (the Big Island, Kauai & Maui)
- 12 2 hour radius of Boston 9/7
- 13 Florida Keys with my retriever
- 14 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 15 Help with driving East to West
- 16 taking home sand
- 17 Anniversary Weekend in Charleston, South Carolina
- 18 Where to take big family on the beach?
- 19 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 20 Broken Arrow
- 21 Need a corporate sedan in JFK
- 22 Champaigne, Illinois
- 23 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 24 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 25 Once again, another great trip to DC (August 23-30)