My husband and I are planning our 1st year anniversary trip to Maine Wednesday, August 29 - Monday, September 3, so 6 days including travel days (we are planning to arrive as early as possible to make the most of the trip!) and will be renting a car. We love B&B's and hotels that won't break the bank haha.
We need help with the itinerary. Places/things that are on our "must see/do" list are:
Acadia - see the sunrise, hike, picnic in the park
Whale watching tour
Find great restaurants (we love food!)
Freeport LL Bean store
See a few of the best Lighthouses
Train or drive to Boston to see Red Sox game and possibly spend 1 night, maybe even fly out of Boston to go home.
Possibly Kennebunkport, Boothbay, Rockport, or Bath???
Thanks in advance and all suggestions are welcomed!
Maine Anniversary Trip Help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Berkshires
- 2 Fiery Furnace Hike in Arches national park
- 3 Jersey Shore to NYC?
- 4 Car rentals- San Francisco
- 5 Portland to San Fransisco in 7 days in mid March
- 6 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 7 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 8 Prince of Wales or Many Glacier? WHY?
- 9 Las Vegas in March
- 10 Just started to plan my Mid-March visit to Alaska!
- 11 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 12 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 13 September Long Weekend in SW Colorado
- 14 Clearwater visit.
- 15 Centrally located hotel in Philadelphia
- 16 Glacier National Park 10 Days
- 17 2nd Trip to Alaska, Looking for some off the beaten path suggestions
- 18 Bear Viewing in Alaska in early June... Any cost effective recommendations?
- 19 hotels near Denali
- 20 Dessert with a view in Monterey?
- 21 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 22 Lunch on the Turquoise Trail
- 23 Utah 2
- 24 9 Day Itinerary in NOLA
- 25 Road Trip From Miami to New York, Ideas please!