My husband and I are planning our 1st year anniversary trip to Maine Wednesday, August 29 - Monday, September 3, so 6 days including travel days (we are planning to arrive as early as possible to make the most of the trip!) and will be renting a car. We love B&B's and hotels that won't break the bank haha.
We need help with the itinerary. Places/things that are on our "must see/do" list are:
Acadia - see the sunrise, hike, picnic in the park
Whale watching tour
Find great restaurants (we love food!)
Freeport LL Bean store
See a few of the best Lighthouses
Train or drive to Boston to see Red Sox game and possibly spend 1 night, maybe even fly out of Boston to go home.
Possibly Kennebunkport, Boothbay, Rockport, or Bath???
Thanks in advance and all suggestions are welcomed!
Maine Anniversary Trip Help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Things I Missed Seeing in Tennessee
- 2 SFO International Airport
- 3 My Book of Mormon review
- 4 New England road trip Oct. 8-14
- 5 Megabus, Tripper, or Boltbus from Wash DC to NYC. Which one is better?
- 6 ABQ Balloon Fiesta - What to do in the down time?
- 7 Yosemite Lodging
- 8 4-5 days in L.A.-Need suggestions
- 9 Take the T or cab from Logan
- 10 Worst Restaurants in America
- 11 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 12 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 13 Colorado aspen updates
- 14 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 15 Halloween in California on Hwy 1
- 16 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 17 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 18 Arches National Park in a day
- 19 New Orleans with kids - advice and suggestions, please
- 20 Wells / Ogunquit ME Getaway Weekend
- 21 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 22 Chicago - Midway airport to downtown
- 23 Fall color yet?
- 24 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 25 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed