For the second year in a row I find myself in St. Louis to attend performances at the Muny, North America's largest outdoor theater, seating up to 11,000 people. A friend performs here and we have mainly limited our visits to the area around Forest Park and the Chase Hotel, which is where we have stayed both visits. We love the Chase Park Plaza and the Central West End, which is a neighborhood filled with restaurants and shopping just around the corner from the hotel. On the other side is the huge Forest Park, with a zoo, art museum, conservatory, bike rentals and paddleboats. Everything is within walking distance, although we did drive our rental car to the theater at night, because we were dressed up and didn't relish walking the mile and a half in heels. Tonight was our third attendance of Godspell at the Muny and the final show is tomorrow, Sunday. I 'll write more then about the hotel,Forest Park, the Central West End and the Muny.
Maggi Does the Muny 2009
View all United States activity »
- 1 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 2 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 3 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 4 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 5 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 6 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 7 Hotel near Public Theater
- 8 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 9 Oahu Information
- 10 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 11 One day in Washington DC
- 12 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 13 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 14 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 15 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 16 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 17 Tucson First Week or Last Week of March
- 18 San Antonio
- 19 hotel near Met NYC
- 20 Key West on NYE
- 21 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 22 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 23 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....
- 24 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 25 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave