For the second year in a row I find myself in St. Louis to attend performances at the Muny, North America's largest outdoor theater, seating up to 11,000 people. A friend performs here and we have mainly limited our visits to the area around Forest Park and the Chase Hotel, which is where we have stayed both visits. We love the Chase Park Plaza and the Central West End, which is a neighborhood filled with restaurants and shopping just around the corner from the hotel. On the other side is the huge Forest Park, with a zoo, art museum, conservatory, bike rentals and paddleboats. Everything is within walking distance, although we did drive our rental car to the theater at night, because we were dressed up and didn't relish walking the mile and a half in heels. Tonight was our third attendance of Godspell at the Muny and the final show is tomorrow, Sunday. I 'll write more then about the hotel,Forest Park, the Central West End and the Muny.
Maggi Does the Muny 2009
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Nev Senator Harry Reid's Ritz Carlton digs
- 2 Fun restaurants in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge
- 3 Road to Hana in 2 days without spending the night???
- 4 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 5 Driving between Nashville and Memphis
- 6 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 7 Can I make a 1pm flight out of OGG if I stay the night before in Hana?
- 8 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 9 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 10 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 11 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 12 Brooklyn why?
- 13 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 14 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 15 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 16 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 17 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 18 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 19 New York City Restaurants
- 20 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 21 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 22 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 23 Maui vacation
- 24 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 25 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants