For the second year in a row I find myself in St. Louis to attend performances at the Muny, North America's largest outdoor theater, seating up to 11,000 people. A friend performs here and we have mainly limited our visits to the area around Forest Park and the Chase Hotel, which is where we have stayed both visits. We love the Chase Park Plaza and the Central West End, which is a neighborhood filled with restaurants and shopping just around the corner from the hotel. On the other side is the huge Forest Park, with a zoo, art museum, conservatory, bike rentals and paddleboats. Everything is within walking distance, although we did drive our rental car to the theater at night, because we were dressed up and didn't relish walking the mile and a half in heels. Tonight was our third attendance of Godspell at the Muny and the final show is tomorrow, Sunday. I 'll write more then about the hotel,Forest Park, the Central West End and the Muny.
Maggi Does the Muny 2009
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Four days in DC
- 2 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 3 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 4 Circle Oahu / luau
- 5 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 6 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 7 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 8 "Off the beaten path" road trip from Vail, CO
- 9 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 10 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 11 Backpacking in April
- 12 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 13 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 14 replica designer handbags
- 15 First family ski trip
- 16 San Diego parks and attractions
- 17 Cape Cod in early April
- 18 USA with a 3 year old
- 19 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 20 united and carry-ons
- 21 Portland Maine Hotels
- 22 Help choosing Chicago hotel
- 23 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 24 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 25 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool