For the second year in a row I find myself in St. Louis to attend performances at the Muny, North America's largest outdoor theater, seating up to 11,000 people. A friend performs here and we have mainly limited our visits to the area around Forest Park and the Chase Hotel, which is where we have stayed both visits. We love the Chase Park Plaza and the Central West End, which is a neighborhood filled with restaurants and shopping just around the corner from the hotel. On the other side is the huge Forest Park, with a zoo, art museum, conservatory, bike rentals and paddleboats. Everything is within walking distance, although we did drive our rental car to the theater at night, because we were dressed up and didn't relish walking the mile and a half in heels. Tonight was our third attendance of Godspell at the Muny and the final show is tomorrow, Sunday. I 'll write more then about the hotel,Forest Park, the Central West End and the Muny.
Maggi Does the Muny 2009
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 2 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 3 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 4 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 5 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 6 Cedar Point / Put In Bay
- 7 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 8 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 9 Washington DC in Spring?
- 10 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 11 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 12 trains in Europe
- 13 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 14 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 15 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 16 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 17 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 18 NBA tickets??
- 19 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 20 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 21 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 22 Alaskan coast travel options
- 23 USA trip
- 24 Timeshare Nightmares
- 25 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report