I'm looking at the Coach USA website (http://www.coachusa.com/vangalder/), and I'm thrilled to see that they offer bus travel between O'Hare (from the Bus/Shuttle Center near the domestic terminals) right into central Madison several times daily.
Have any of you utilized them for such an excursion? My reason for taking a bus is that I hate -- and I mean HAAAAAATE -- to drive. And the notion of doing so while on a vacation is a totally alien concept to me. And the price is right ($48 r/t). I am also attracted to the idea of departing from the airport rather than one of downtown Chicago's nasty bus terminals.
At this point, I am considering the 7:30 a.m. bus, arriving Madison/University of Wisconsin at 10:30 a.m. I'd tour the campus, hit the Chazen Museum of Art when it opens at 11 (I love art museums), stroll down State, eating somewhere along the way, maybe poke my head into a bookshop or two, take some photos up by the State Capitol, maybe relax by one of the Lakes for a spell, and then return to Chicago on the early evening bus.
Any recommendations on a good used bookstore with a good travel section?
I'm a vegetarian, so any veggie recommendations for dining would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 2 Travel in Houston and surrounding area
- 3 Eastern California Winter Roadtrip
- 4 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 5 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 6 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 7 Northern California Redwoods
- 8 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 9 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 10 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 11 Southwestern Virginia Ideas?
- 12 Smoky Mountains Honeymoon
- 13 East Tennesee to mohonk.
- 14 DC restaurant report
- 15 Neue Galerie
- 16 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 17 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 18 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 19 Philadelphia - Safe?
- 20 Arizona in winter
- 21 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 22 NYC bus tour suggestions
- 23 Arizona in late January
- 24 A Few Days in Asheville
- 25 University of Florida, Gainesville Breakfast Spot