I'm looking at the Coach USA website (http://www.coachusa.com/vangalder/), and I'm thrilled to see that they offer bus travel between O'Hare (from the Bus/Shuttle Center near the domestic terminals) right into central Madison several times daily.
Have any of you utilized them for such an excursion? My reason for taking a bus is that I hate -- and I mean HAAAAAATE -- to drive. And the notion of doing so while on a vacation is a totally alien concept to me. And the price is right ($48 r/t). I am also attracted to the idea of departing from the airport rather than one of downtown Chicago's nasty bus terminals.
At this point, I am considering the 7:30 a.m. bus, arriving Madison/University of Wisconsin at 10:30 a.m. I'd tour the campus, hit the Chazen Museum of Art when it opens at 11 (I love art museums), stroll down State, eating somewhere along the way, maybe poke my head into a bookshop or two, take some photos up by the State Capitol, maybe relax by one of the Lakes for a spell, and then return to Chicago on the early evening bus.
Any recommendations on a good used bookstore with a good travel section?
I'm a vegetarian, so any veggie recommendations for dining would be appreciated.
Madison Day Trip from Chicago
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 2 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 3 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 4 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 5 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 6 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 7 Visiting Denver
- 8 Visiting Denver
- 9 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 10 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 11 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 12 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 13 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 14 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 15 Denver in a half day
- 16 First family ski trip
- 17 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 18 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 19 Oahu ideas
- 20 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 21 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 22 Best places to move to Florida?
- 23 West Coast Bound End of March
- 24 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 25 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.