I'm looking at the Coach USA website (http://www.coachusa.com/vangalder/), and I'm thrilled to see that they offer bus travel between O'Hare (from the Bus/Shuttle Center near the domestic terminals) right into central Madison several times daily.
Have any of you utilized them for such an excursion? My reason for taking a bus is that I hate -- and I mean HAAAAAATE -- to drive. And the notion of doing so while on a vacation is a totally alien concept to me. And the price is right ($48 r/t). I am also attracted to the idea of departing from the airport rather than one of downtown Chicago's nasty bus terminals.
At this point, I am considering the 7:30 a.m. bus, arriving Madison/University of Wisconsin at 10:30 a.m. I'd tour the campus, hit the Chazen Museum of Art when it opens at 11 (I love art museums), stroll down State, eating somewhere along the way, maybe poke my head into a bookshop or two, take some photos up by the State Capitol, maybe relax by one of the Lakes for a spell, and then return to Chicago on the early evening bus.
Any recommendations on a good used bookstore with a good travel section?
I'm a vegetarian, so any veggie recommendations for dining would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 https://mirahealthgarciniablog.com/diabazole/
- 2 ((18552054069))Delta Airlines ticket Upgrade
- 3 ((18552054069))Hawaiian Airlines Business Class Upgrade
- 4 Verutum RX Male Enhancement Trial - Bigger, Harder & Longer Erections!
- 5 Economical Restaurants in Oahu; Especially Waikiki
- 6 18552054069 American Airlines Upgrade To Economy
- 7 Dory fishing boats on Oregon coast
- 8 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 9 Day Trip from Monroe, Ct to Berkshires
- 10 Nashville or Nashville and New Orleans
- 11 Ridiculous Pacific Northwest Road Trip
- 12 Disneyland, Yosemite and San Fransisco
- 13 Airbnb seattle
- 14 Photos of otters and other wildlife at Moss Landing
- 15 Carmel to Big Sur Station and back report with photos 6/10/2017
- 16 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 17 Idaho, Wyoming, Montana and South Dakota Trip Report
- 18 Dollar to Euro Exchange
- 19 Self parking hotel in Philly
- 20 Texas info
- 21 Zion, Bryce, South/North Rim, Page
- 22 Leisurely Car Trip from Atlanta to Sacramento?
- 23 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 24 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 25 Luau Worth the Money or Not?