I'm looking at the Coach USA website (http://www.coachusa.com/vangalder/), and I'm thrilled to see that they offer bus travel between O'Hare (from the Bus/Shuttle Center near the domestic terminals) right into central Madison several times daily.
Have any of you utilized them for such an excursion? My reason for taking a bus is that I hate -- and I mean HAAAAAATE -- to drive. And the notion of doing so while on a vacation is a totally alien concept to me. And the price is right ($48 r/t). I am also attracted to the idea of departing from the airport rather than one of downtown Chicago's nasty bus terminals.
At this point, I am considering the 7:30 a.m. bus, arriving Madison/University of Wisconsin at 10:30 a.m. I'd tour the campus, hit the Chazen Museum of Art when it opens at 11 (I love art museums), stroll down State, eating somewhere along the way, maybe poke my head into a bookshop or two, take some photos up by the State Capitol, maybe relax by one of the Lakes for a spell, and then return to Chicago on the early evening bus.
Any recommendations on a good used bookstore with a good travel section?
I'm a vegetarian, so any veggie recommendations for dining would be appreciated.
Madison Day Trip from Chicago
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 2 What is the best place to spend in summers in Texas?
- 3 Trip with grandson to Chicago and Michigan
- 4 Chicago Information Need for a Possible Trip
- 5 Grand Marais?
- 6 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 7 Kennebunkport, Cape Cod or Martha's Vineyard
- 8 Thoughts for two 14 yr old boys who enjoy NYC,Chicago/sneakers.
- 9 Salt Lake City
- 10 Renting a condo in Florida in January
- 11 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 12 Boston Marathon spectator questions
- 13 First visit in New Mexico
- 14 Is Hwy 59/389 an alternate for hwy 9
- 15 Whcih is the best fashion store chain
- 16 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 17 Beach holiday with baby
- 18 Another Key West trip in the books!
- 19 Carlsbad Cavern area - New Mexico ... Lodging
- 20 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 21 Italian cookies in Minneapolis area
- 22 Lodging between Edenton NC and Washington DC?
- 23 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 24 Quick NYC trip review: Girls Gone Wild Part Deux
- 25 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour