I'm looking at the Coach USA website (http://www.coachusa.com/vangalder/), and I'm thrilled to see that they offer bus travel between O'Hare (from the Bus/Shuttle Center near the domestic terminals) right into central Madison several times daily.
Have any of you utilized them for such an excursion? My reason for taking a bus is that I hate -- and I mean HAAAAAATE -- to drive. And the notion of doing so while on a vacation is a totally alien concept to me. And the price is right ($48 r/t). I am also attracted to the idea of departing from the airport rather than one of downtown Chicago's nasty bus terminals.
At this point, I am considering the 7:30 a.m. bus, arriving Madison/University of Wisconsin at 10:30 a.m. I'd tour the campus, hit the Chazen Museum of Art when it opens at 11 (I love art museums), stroll down State, eating somewhere along the way, maybe poke my head into a bookshop or two, take some photos up by the State Capitol, maybe relax by one of the Lakes for a spell, and then return to Chicago on the early evening bus.
Any recommendations on a good used bookstore with a good travel section?
I'm a vegetarian, so any veggie recommendations for dining would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Antonio, Texas
- 2 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 3 Columbia River Gorge and Portland
- 4 Planning Tips for Disney World
- 5 B&B recommendation in Carmel
- 6 Cape Cod or no?
- 7 Colorado Itinerary
- 8 Barrymore vs Triple George Grill
- 9 Accomodations in GNP and beyond
- 10 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 11 Dogs in Taos
- 12 Best place to live in the USA for doctors
- 13 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 14 Wyoming and Dakotas National Parks
- 15 Grand Hyatt Kauai-Why Not?
- 16 Maui/Kauai Honeymoon Itinerary - hotel help?
- 17 Advice for So. CAL travel with 2 teen boys 13 & 15
- 18 Frederick, MD, with dog and teen daughter
- 19 Parking in Naples Florida
- 20 First trip to Colorado -- driving from Tennessee
- 21 Boston Airport Hotels
- 22 Nashville Never Been
- 23 Snow for next Christmas within a day's drive from Florida
- 24 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 25 Uber boston