I'm looking at the Coach USA website (http://www.coachusa.com/vangalder/), and I'm thrilled to see that they offer bus travel between O'Hare (from the Bus/Shuttle Center near the domestic terminals) right into central Madison several times daily.
Have any of you utilized them for such an excursion? My reason for taking a bus is that I hate -- and I mean HAAAAAATE -- to drive. And the notion of doing so while on a vacation is a totally alien concept to me. And the price is right ($48 r/t). I am also attracted to the idea of departing from the airport rather than one of downtown Chicago's nasty bus terminals.
At this point, I am considering the 7:30 a.m. bus, arriving Madison/University of Wisconsin at 10:30 a.m. I'd tour the campus, hit the Chazen Museum of Art when it opens at 11 (I love art museums), stroll down State, eating somewhere along the way, maybe poke my head into a bookshop or two, take some photos up by the State Capitol, maybe relax by one of the Lakes for a spell, and then return to Chicago on the early evening bus.
Any recommendations on a good used bookstore with a good travel section?
I'm a vegetarian, so any veggie recommendations for dining would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 2 http://www.trimplexeliteavis.com/leuxia-et-mastique/
- 3 http://healthrewind.com/hl12-supplement-reviews/
- 4 Jazzfest side trips
- 5 http://www.supplements4news.com/lussuoso-cream/
- 6 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 7 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 8 75th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor Attack Events
- 9 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 10 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 11 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 12 Ideas for New York
- 13 San Francisco transit options
- 14 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 15 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 16 Pittsburgh to Richmond - Possible Routes?
- 17 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 18 IAH to HOU Questions
- 19 Photos from Glacier National Park October 2016
- 20 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 21 Great OR beach house locations?
- 22 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 23 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 24 Honeymoon on PCH
- 25 Sedona v Scottsdale?