I'm looking at the Coach USA website (http://www.coachusa.com/vangalder/), and I'm thrilled to see that they offer bus travel between O'Hare (from the Bus/Shuttle Center near the domestic terminals) right into central Madison several times daily.
Have any of you utilized them for such an excursion? My reason for taking a bus is that I hate -- and I mean HAAAAAATE -- to drive. And the notion of doing so while on a vacation is a totally alien concept to me. And the price is right ($48 r/t). I am also attracted to the idea of departing from the airport rather than one of downtown Chicago's nasty bus terminals.
At this point, I am considering the 7:30 a.m. bus, arriving Madison/University of Wisconsin at 10:30 a.m. I'd tour the campus, hit the Chazen Museum of Art when it opens at 11 (I love art museums), stroll down State, eating somewhere along the way, maybe poke my head into a bookshop or two, take some photos up by the State Capitol, maybe relax by one of the Lakes for a spell, and then return to Chicago on the early evening bus.
Any recommendations on a good used bookstore with a good travel section?
I'm a vegetarian, so any veggie recommendations for dining would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 YAHOO@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 Tec*h 24/7
- 2 Chicago restaurants
- 3 Visting a friend during layover
- 4 How to eat cheaply in NY
- 5 Road trip advice needed please
- 6 Willamette Valley to PDX--what are the options?
- 7 Worthwhile in San Francisco
- 8 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 9 Roadtrip from Chicago to Philadelphia
- 10 6 Days in California - Advice Needed for first timer!
- 11 Yosemite vs. Yellowstone
- 12 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 13 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 14 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 15 Newark long term parking
- 16 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 17 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 18 Help plan my trip please
- 19 Hotel Choice Chicago: Loop or Magnificent Mile?
- 20 florida gulf coast
- 21 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 22 Chicago: Hotel Monaco, Swissotel, Sofitel?
- 23 Maui, early August
- 24 Going to the sun road open
- 25 Family Trip advice please?!