Hubby & I & our 2 cats will be driving from Attleboro, MA to Ocala, FL the week after Thanksgiving, November 2009. I have family there, and will visit with them while the weather up here is tough on my disability.
We want to stay overnight 2 nights in cat-friendly hotels/motels along the way. (I'd like to call some places ahead of time, to see who will accept cats.) We figure maybe we'll drive like 7 hours per day .... does that sound logical?
Question: I dread the thought of taking Route 95 all the way. The 18-wheelers scare me half to death. But I've also heard that Route 81 is just about as scarey with those big rigs.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Note: We have travelled a couple of hours here & there with our cats, loose in the back of our 2-door car. They have not thus far attempted to come into the front seat. We will have two small cat carriers to tuck them into if we feel it becomes necessary, and I will also have 'cat dramamine' with us (given by the vet), in case they become nauseous en route.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 DC Restaurants
- 2 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild
- 3 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 4 How much time in Badlands?
- 5 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 6 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 7 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 8 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 9 Chicago 2017
- 10 Hawaii and...where?
- 11 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 12 Christmas in Colorado
- 13 Chaco Canyon and Mesa Verde
- 14 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 15 usa roadtrip
- 16 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park
- 17 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 18 Babysitting on the North Shore, Oahu
- 19 Marfa/Big Bend
- 20 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 21 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 22 JFK to Washington
- 23 Phoenix for the weekend
- 24 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 25 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th