Hubby & I & our 2 cats will be driving from Attleboro, MA to Ocala, FL the week after Thanksgiving, November 2009. I have family there, and will visit with them while the weather up here is tough on my disability.
We want to stay overnight 2 nights in cat-friendly hotels/motels along the way. (I'd like to call some places ahead of time, to see who will accept cats.) We figure maybe we'll drive like 7 hours per day .... does that sound logical?
Question: I dread the thought of taking Route 95 all the way. The 18-wheelers scare me half to death. But I've also heard that Route 81 is just about as scarey with those big rigs.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Note: We have travelled a couple of hours here & there with our cats, loose in the back of our 2-door car. They have not thus far attempted to come into the front seat. We will have two small cat carriers to tuck them into if we feel it becomes necessary, and I will also have 'cat dramamine' with us (given by the vet), in case they become nauseous en route.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Glacier National Park Helicopter/Plane tours
- 2 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 3 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 4 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 5 Big Beach, Makena State Park - Maui, Hawaii
- 6 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 7 Northern California Gardens.
- 8 Ouray to Aspen or Carbondale to Estes
- 9 Sunset at Haleakala Summit - Maui, Hawaii
- 10 Papakolea Beach/Green Sand Beach - Big Island, Hawaii
- 11 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 12 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 13 Florida with a 2 year old
- 14 Train from east cost to west coast
- 15 Where to go for a long winter vacation in Florida, Panama City Beach??
- 16 Route 66
- 17 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 18 Uber from Baton Rouge to N.O. Airport
- 19 Civilian Visit to Schofield Barracks and Kolekole Pass
- 20 Walking at Ka'anapali Beach
- 21 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 22 Arches or Zion?
- 23 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 24 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 25 Hiking from Aspen to Crested Butte