Hubby & I & our 2 cats will be driving from Attleboro, MA to Ocala, FL the week after Thanksgiving, November 2009. I have family there, and will visit with them while the weather up here is tough on my disability.
We want to stay overnight 2 nights in cat-friendly hotels/motels along the way. (I'd like to call some places ahead of time, to see who will accept cats.) We figure maybe we'll drive like 7 hours per day .... does that sound logical?
Question: I dread the thought of taking Route 95 all the way. The 18-wheelers scare me half to death. But I've also heard that Route 81 is just about as scarey with those big rigs.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Note: We have travelled a couple of hours here & there with our cats, loose in the back of our 2-door car. They have not thus far attempted to come into the front seat. We will have two small cat carriers to tuck them into if we feel it becomes necessary, and I will also have 'cat dramamine' with us (given by the vet), in case they become nauseous en route.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 EPSON@ PRINTER Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tech c*Are 22/7
- 2 How to eat cheaply in NY
- 3 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 4 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 5 Worthwhile in San Francisco
- 6 Maine- Portland to Bar Habor Advice needed
- 7 Must see places around Burlington, VT
- 8 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 9 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 10 Remove Dark Patches with Zeta White
- 11 Visting a friend during layover
- 12 florida gulf coast
- 13 Alaska trip itinerary
- 14 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 15 Road trip from San Diego to San Francisco with kids
- 16 Hotel Choice Chicago: Loop or Magnificent Mile?
- 17 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 18 Road trip advice needed please
- 19 Chicago restaurants
- 20 Willamette Valley to PDX--what are the options?
- 21 Roadtrip from Chicago to Philadelphia
- 22 6 Days in California - Advice Needed for first timer!
- 23 Yosemite vs. Yellowstone
- 24 Newark long term parking
- 25 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers