Hubby & I & our 2 cats will be driving from Attleboro, MA to Ocala, FL the week after Thanksgiving, November 2009. I have family there, and will visit with them while the weather up here is tough on my disability.
We want to stay overnight 2 nights in cat-friendly hotels/motels along the way. (I'd like to call some places ahead of time, to see who will accept cats.) We figure maybe we'll drive like 7 hours per day .... does that sound logical?
Question: I dread the thought of taking Route 95 all the way. The 18-wheelers scare me half to death. But I've also heard that Route 81 is just about as scarey with those big rigs.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Note: We have travelled a couple of hours here & there with our cats, loose in the back of our 2-door car. They have not thus far attempted to come into the front seat. We will have two small cat carriers to tuck them into if we feel it becomes necessary, and I will also have 'cat dramamine' with us (given by the vet), in case they become nauseous en route.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Los Angeles - 12 hours in Downtown Travel Report
- 2 Western National Parks Road Trip
- 3 Need advice about Toms River/Seaside Heights NJ
- 4 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 5 Your favourite places in New York City
- 6 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 7 Seattle to Gardiner by car.
- 8 2 days in DC with 18 year old
- 9 Maui in October? Hyatt Regency, or quieter spot??
- 10 Mystic CT
- 11 California Road Trip: SFO-Mount Shasta-Monterey (10 days)
- 12 Orlando - condoleances
- 13 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago
- 14 1st trip to Colorado
- 15 Is Coney Island worth a trip if you don't like rides?
- 16 DC to Harrisonburg- need good hike
- 17 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 18 Napa Valley Hotel
- 19 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 20 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 21 Yellowstone Lake Scenic Cruise
- 22 Good cheap eats in/near San Francisco, including coffee
- 23 Zion NP & Las Vegas with Kids for 3 days in July - Please Help
- 24 road trip during husbands bday
- 25 Trip Starting from New York