We are travelling from Philly to NYC in October this year and are planning on travelling with Amtrak.
I have read all the threads on here about the luggage racks but cant find anything about recent travel. Has anyone taken large suitcases on this route recently?
We are travelling across the states for 3 weeks from the UK and will be doing a fair bit of shopping along the way so our bags will be pretty large (31" x 19" x 10.8") I've checked the amtrak site and the max dimensions of carry on are 28" x 22" x 14" - will we get away with the extra height? Or are the storage bays on the train only capable of taking a max height of 28? Does anyone know?
Help would be massively appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Suggestion for 4 day hotel in Miami
- 2 Yellowstone and...what park would you do?
- 3 Late winter road trip Deep South
- 4 Quick trip to New Mexico
- 5 bad traffic on 476 in PA memorial day weekend
- 6 Key West, FL
- 7 Mauna Kea with Children?
- 8 Another question about hawaii
- 9 2 day trip covering Grand Canyon and Antelope canyon starting from Phoenix
- 10 Carmel- Tickle Pink
- 11 Broadway show tickets
- 12 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 13 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 14 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 15 Hiking and biking hotel options
- 16 BYOB in New York City
- 17 San Antonio and Austin with 21 and 23 year old daughters
- 18 Chicago Cab
- 19 Restaurants in DC
- 20 4th of July in Chicago
- 21 GRAND CIRCLE 1 week RV/Campervan
- 22 Getting to Oneonta or Delhi, NY
- 23 Sedona to Vegas
- 24 Hawk's
- 25 Oahu hotels