We are travelling from Philly to NYC in October this year and are planning on travelling with Amtrak.
I have read all the threads on here about the luggage racks but cant find anything about recent travel. Has anyone taken large suitcases on this route recently?
We are travelling across the states for 3 weeks from the UK and will be doing a fair bit of shopping along the way so our bags will be pretty large (31" x 19" x 10.8") I've checked the amtrak site and the max dimensions of carry on are 28" x 22" x 14" - will we get away with the extra height? Or are the storage bays on the train only capable of taking a max height of 28? Does anyone know?
Help would be massively appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alaska SPELL CASTER IN Alaska Juneau Anchorage
- 2 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 3 Overnight between Moab and Grand Canyon village
- 4 Oregon Waterfalls, Mt Rainier & Palouse Waterfall in 5 Days
- 5 4 days road trip southern New England
- 6 Philly Itinerary Help
- 7 Which one to pick----Phillips 26 Glacier or Prince William Sound cruise?
- 8 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 9 Colorado Road Trip over Memorial Weekend
- 10 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 11 Trip to Palm Springs and San Diego
- 12 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 13 I continue to be stumped by amtrak...advice?
- 14 Bryce and Zion planning
- 15 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 16 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 17 Boston with baby
- 18 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 19 Where to go: Dallas-Austin-Houston-San Antonio
- 20 Sacramento Hotel
- 21 USA family tour
- 22 Road Trip Florida to Maine
- 23 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 24 California Coast Road Trip Itinerary Help
- 25 Driving Hwy 12 from Missoula Mr ro Walla Walla WA