We are travelling from Philly to NYC in October this year and are planning on travelling with Amtrak.
I have read all the threads on here about the luggage racks but cant find anything about recent travel. Has anyone taken large suitcases on this route recently?
We are travelling across the states for 3 weeks from the UK and will be doing a fair bit of shopping along the way so our bags will be pretty large (31" x 19" x 10.8") I've checked the amtrak site and the max dimensions of carry on are 28" x 22" x 14" - will we get away with the extra height? Or are the storage bays on the train only capable of taking a max height of 28? Does anyone know?
Help would be massively appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://phytolyft.com/fit-firm-eye-serum/
- 2 Dead Sea Products' Secret Power For Your Body
- 3 http://guidemesupplements.com/anibolx/
- 4 The Frugals Go To Maine
- 5 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 6 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 7 WA to CT
- 8 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 9 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 10 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 11 Relocation help - move to cool climate
- 12 4 OR 5 BEDROOM CABIN IN WISCONSIN, IOWA OR MINNESOTA FOR ANNUAL GIRL TRIP
- 13 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 14 Maine weather and temps
- 15 L.A. and Sequoia
- 16 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 17 Alcatrez sold out
- 18 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 19 Nantucket Baggage Storage
- 20 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 21 Cross Country Road Trip Phoenix to Boston
- 22 Broadway
- 23 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 24 Do you need a car in Siesta Key? 1st timer....
- 25 A great birthday trip to Charleston!