We are travelling from Philly to NYC in October this year and are planning on travelling with Amtrak.
I have read all the threads on here about the luggage racks but cant find anything about recent travel. Has anyone taken large suitcases on this route recently?
We are travelling across the states for 3 weeks from the UK and will be doing a fair bit of shopping along the way so our bags will be pretty large (31" x 19" x 10.8") I've checked the amtrak site and the max dimensions of carry on are 28" x 22" x 14" - will we get away with the extra height? Or are the storage bays on the train only capable of taking a max height of 28? Does anyone know?
Help would be massively appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 2 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 3 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago
- 4 "Kid" things to do in Stanwood area
- 5 Your favourite places in New York City
- 6 http://puresupplementss.com/garcinia-cambogia-zt/
- 7 A June trip to Kauai
- 8 ONE DY ONE NIGHT IN LA
- 9 A day in Boston
- 10 2 days in DC with 18 year old
- 11 Florida - East Coast vs. Gulf Coast - opinion asap
- 12 Is Coney Island worth a trip if you don't like rides?
- 13 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 14 California Road Trip: SFO-Mount Shasta-Monterey (10 days)
- 15 Need advice about Toms River/Seaside Heights NJ
- 16 Western National Parks Road Trip (Revised)
- 17 Mystic CT
- 18 Maui in October? Hyatt Regency, or quieter spot??
- 19 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 20 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 21 Western National Parks Road Trip
- 22 Los Angeles - 12 hours in Downtown Travel Report
- 23 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 24 Seattle to Gardiner by car.
- 25 Orlando - condoleances