We are travelling from Philly to NYC in October this year and are planning on travelling with Amtrak.
I have read all the threads on here about the luggage racks but cant find anything about recent travel. Has anyone taken large suitcases on this route recently?
We are travelling across the states for 3 weeks from the UK and will be doing a fair bit of shopping along the way so our bags will be pretty large (31" x 19" x 10.8") I've checked the amtrak site and the max dimensions of carry on are 28" x 22" x 14" - will we get away with the extra height? Or are the storage bays on the train only capable of taking a max height of 28? Does anyone know?
Help would be massively appreciated!
Luggage on Amtrak from Philadelphia to NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for One night commutable to NYC (Solo)
- 2 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 3 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 4 Please help me with my Minnesota itinerary
- 5 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 6 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 7 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 8 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 9 Staying in Hollywood or Santa Monica area?
- 10 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 11 Best accomodation in LA on a budget
- 12 Corvettes at Carlisle - Aussie travellers
- 13 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 14 Montreal - 3 Day Trip
- 15 NYC
- 16 Detroit, MI to Portland or bust.
- 17 Toronto to Coastal Maine 1 Week Road Trip
- 18 Las Vegas - what to do solo
- 19 Seattle: Something Different?
- 20 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 21 Back from Miami Beach
- 22 Finger Lakes Itinerary Help
- 23 Blue Ridge Parkway Help!
- 24 Boston GTG? 7/17/14
- 25 Which National Park/s with 7-year-old & possibly grandparents