We are travelling from Philly to NYC in October this year and are planning on travelling with Amtrak.
I have read all the threads on here about the luggage racks but cant find anything about recent travel. Has anyone taken large suitcases on this route recently?
We are travelling across the states for 3 weeks from the UK and will be doing a fair bit of shopping along the way so our bags will be pretty large (31" x 19" x 10.8") I've checked the amtrak site and the max dimensions of carry on are 28" x 22" x 14" - will we get away with the extra height? Or are the storage bays on the train only capable of taking a max height of 28? Does anyone know?
Help would be massively appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Frederick, MD, with dog and teen daughter
- 2 http://www.supplementrail.com/amazing-garcinia/
- 3 http://www.tryapext.com/rejuvonus-et-illuminexa/
- 4 http://www.mysupplementsera.com/raw-power-xl/
- 5 http://trexmusclesite.com/reaction-male-enhancement/
- 6 American Boarding Schools
- 7 What is there to do on MAUI
- 8 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 9 Best place to live in the USA for doctors
- 10 Grand Teton National Park Review
- 11 7 day Road Trip from Boise, ID
- 12 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104914
- 13 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 14 Colorado Itinerary
- 15 Snow for next Christmas within a day's drive from Florida
- 16 Any Sanibel experts?
- 17 Accomodations in GNP and beyond
- 18 Naples/ Fort Myers
- 19 10-14 daycar fr. Monterey, CA to Jackson WY. Help - towns / Nat'l Parks
- 20 Uber boston
- 21 Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- 22 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 23 Hawaii Help
- 24 Summer in Michigan
- 25 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104909