We are travelling from Philly to NYC in October this year and are planning on travelling with Amtrak.
I have read all the threads on here about the luggage racks but cant find anything about recent travel. Has anyone taken large suitcases on this route recently?
We are travelling across the states for 3 weeks from the UK and will be doing a fair bit of shopping along the way so our bags will be pretty large (31" x 19" x 10.8") I've checked the amtrak site and the max dimensions of carry on are 28" x 22" x 14" - will we get away with the extra height? Or are the storage bays on the train only capable of taking a max height of 28? Does anyone know?
Help would be massively appreciated!
Luggage on Amtrak from Philadelphia to NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 2 Kauai and Molokai or Kauai and Maui for 10 days?
- 3 15 comprehend the true meaning of love pairs statement
- 4 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 5 Arizona / Utah Itinerary
- 6 Oregon Road Trip
- 7 Getaway
- 8 Refining my California Itinerary
- 9 What's new on Maui?
- 10 Restaurants near Mendocino area
- 11 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 12 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 13 Colorado aspen updates
- 14 Is Canada as expensive as Europe if I don't turn my iPhone off?
- 15 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 16 Hwy 12 Bryce Canyon to Arches/ Moab in 1 Day w/ Kids help?
- 17 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 18 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 19 Christmas in TX
- 20 Hotel recommendations for Western Oregon
- 21 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 22 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 23 XMAS STORES IN CENTRAL FL??
- 24 Tucson area flooding
- 25 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w