We are travelling from Philly to NYC in October this year and are planning on travelling with Amtrak.
I have read all the threads on here about the luggage racks but cant find anything about recent travel. Has anyone taken large suitcases on this route recently?
We are travelling across the states for 3 weeks from the UK and will be doing a fair bit of shopping along the way so our bags will be pretty large (31" x 19" x 10.8") I've checked the amtrak site and the max dimensions of carry on are 28" x 22" x 14" - will we get away with the extra height? Or are the storage bays on the train only capable of taking a max height of 28? Does anyone know?
Help would be massively appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel close to San Francisco airport
- 2 Fly out of LA 10pm, what to do that day?
- 3 How to spend 4 days ending in Boston?
- 4 Glacier to Banff
- 5 Portland OR - Uber Question
- 6 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 7 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 8 Another Yellowstone Lodging question
- 9 A southwest trip to Arizona, and Utah
- 10 Toronto to gettysburg route question?
- 11 NYC hotel/July
- 12 Day trip from Salt Lake City
- 13 Portland Affordable Accommodations
- 14 Twin Sites For Twins East Coast
- 15 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 16 Lodging choice: Custer State Park vs surrounding area
- 17 Yellowstone weather in late May
- 18 Beartooth HWY Question
- 19 Northern California for 7 days in May
- 20 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 21 Transportation from LGA to Manhattan
- 22 Driving from Boston to Miami
- 23 Harlem, NY
- 24 Hilton Head
- 25 PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU BOOK WITH Buena Vista Vacation Management