We are travelling from Philly to NYC in October this year and are planning on travelling with Amtrak.
I have read all the threads on here about the luggage racks but cant find anything about recent travel. Has anyone taken large suitcases on this route recently?
We are travelling across the states for 3 weeks from the UK and will be doing a fair bit of shopping along the way so our bags will be pretty large (31" x 19" x 10.8") I've checked the amtrak site and the max dimensions of carry on are 28" x 22" x 14" - will we get away with the extra height? Or are the storage bays on the train only capable of taking a max height of 28? Does anyone know?
Help would be massively appreciated!
Luggage on Amtrak from Philadelphia to NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 2 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 3 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 4 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 5 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 6 First family ski trip
- 7 NYC theatre broadway
- 8 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 9 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 10 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 11 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 12 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 13 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 14 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 15 USA with a 3 year old
- 16 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 17 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 18 Universal studios/Orlando
- 19 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 20 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 21 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 22 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 23 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 24 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 25 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip