We are travelling from Philly to NYC in October this year and are planning on travelling with Amtrak.
I have read all the threads on here about the luggage racks but cant find anything about recent travel. Has anyone taken large suitcases on this route recently?
We are travelling across the states for 3 weeks from the UK and will be doing a fair bit of shopping along the way so our bags will be pretty large (31" x 19" x 10.8") I've checked the amtrak site and the max dimensions of carry on are 28" x 22" x 14" - will we get away with the extra height? Or are the storage bays on the train only capable of taking a max height of 28? Does anyone know?
Help would be massively appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 2 Driving CA 395
- 3 Maui and Kauai
- 4 Yosemite - importance of staying in park?
- 5 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 6 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 7 New England Tour
- 8 Short warm weather family vacation in January or February
- 9 Glacier National Park 2018
- 10 Hawaii wedding
- 11 I-84 Columbia Gorge
- 12 Adirondacks trip repot
- 13 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 14 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 15 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 16 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 17 Looking for areas to live? Commuting to Palo Alto
- 18 Philadelphia Traffic Help
- 19 sf Chinatown restaurant
- 20 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 21 City of Seattle: What we might miss and the kick ourselves later
- 22 Downtown Denver hotel
- 23 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 24 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 25 Olympic National Park (3-4 Days)