I'm planning a road trip through a few states and am still deciding on where to go, what to see and when.
On past trips through Europe I've been super happy with the Europe on a shoestring book and kinda thought I would get a Northern America one as well. Now I know that there isn't one, or at least a newer one. The newest is 2005 edition and LP doesn't really have an alternative.
I'm thinking that the advise will be a bit dated, so I'm not sure I want to be it. But I can get it for under a buck, so maybe I will anyway...
I've been to my local libraries and they don't have any books that are more recent and the ones they do have is New York, Chicago, Miami etc. so I would be looking at a lot of books.
Bookstores are the same, only the editions are newer. They have a few road trip books, but most are on "how to pack up your kids and have a pleasant drive to Disney World" or something along those lines..
Does anybody know of a book similar to the old LP one?
(I'm doing a few tags, but really I haven't decided on where to go, only certain city is Seattle)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Suggestions for beach towns on FL west coast?
- 2 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 3 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 4 Miami
- 5 Weegee...you can't be a 'nice Nellie' and do street photography
- 6 Back from the Big Easy
- 7 Driving Alaska
- 8 Oregon or California to Nebraska
- 9 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 10 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 11 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 12 March in New Mexico
- 13 San Francisco/Northern California Trip
- 14 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 15 Transportation suggestions from Charleston Executive Airport
- 16 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 17 Border crossing
- 18 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 19 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 20 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
- 21 Yellowstone Hikes questions
- 22 Flowers and Berries in Oregon
- 23 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 24 Cross country tips
- 25 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?