I'm planning a road trip through a few states and am still deciding on where to go, what to see and when.
On past trips through Europe I've been super happy with the Europe on a shoestring book and kinda thought I would get a Northern America one as well. Now I know that there isn't one, or at least a newer one. The newest is 2005 edition and LP doesn't really have an alternative.
I'm thinking that the advise will be a bit dated, so I'm not sure I want to be it. But I can get it for under a buck, so maybe I will anyway...
I've been to my local libraries and they don't have any books that are more recent and the ones they do have is New York, Chicago, Miami etc. so I would be looking at a lot of books.
Bookstores are the same, only the editions are newer. They have a few road trip books, but most are on "how to pack up your kids and have a pleasant drive to Disney World" or something along those lines..
Does anybody know of a book similar to the old LP one?
(I'm doing a few tags, but really I haven't decided on where to go, only certain city is Seattle)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 2 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 3 south west family trip itinerary
- 4 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 5 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 6 Report & Photos: Behind the Scenes at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
- 7 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 8 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 9 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 10 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 11 Costco Chicken Salad Recalled
- 12 Relocating to the Deep South
- 13 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
- 14 Adele saves Thanksgiving
- 15 wasting time around JFK
- 16 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 17 RV Roadtrip | Elkhart, IN to Middletown, NJ | Mid March 2016
- 18 outside adventure Las Vegas? Food too
- 19 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 20 SF Restaurant
- 21 Best cities with Mild winter temperatures
- 22 Charleston, Savannah, and Coast Itinerary <Feedback requested!>
- 23 Chicago-Family Reunion Ideas
- 24 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 25 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles