I'm planning a road trip through a few states and am still deciding on where to go, what to see and when.
On past trips through Europe I've been super happy with the Europe on a shoestring book and kinda thought I would get a Northern America one as well. Now I know that there isn't one, or at least a newer one. The newest is 2005 edition and LP doesn't really have an alternative.
I'm thinking that the advise will be a bit dated, so I'm not sure I want to be it. But I can get it for under a buck, so maybe I will anyway...
I've been to my local libraries and they don't have any books that are more recent and the ones they do have is New York, Chicago, Miami etc. so I would be looking at a lot of books.
Bookstores are the same, only the editions are newer. They have a few road trip books, but most are on "how to pack up your kids and have a pleasant drive to Disney World" or something along those lines..
Does anybody know of a book similar to the old LP one?
(I'm doing a few tags, but really I haven't decided on where to go, only certain city is Seattle)
LP on a shoestring book. Is there an alternative?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 2 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 3 Tipping advice
- 4 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 5 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 6 Durango to Mesa Verde
- 7 Oregon- Crater Lake and Mount Hood vs Montana- Glacier Bay National Park
- 8 Charming,not too expensive restaurant recommendations needed
- 9 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 10 New Orleans help please
- 11 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 12 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 13 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 14 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 15 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 16 los angeles restaurants
- 17 "American in Paris" on Broadway
- 18 New Year's Eve in Philadelphia
- 19 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 20 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 21 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 22 From NY to Miami with 3 teenage kids
- 23 NW Houston restaurant help
- 24 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 25 Restaurant in NYC advice