I'm planning a road trip through a few states and am still deciding on where to go, what to see and when.
On past trips through Europe I've been super happy with the Europe on a shoestring book and kinda thought I would get a Northern America one as well. Now I know that there isn't one, or at least a newer one. The newest is 2005 edition and LP doesn't really have an alternative.
I'm thinking that the advise will be a bit dated, so I'm not sure I want to be it. But I can get it for under a buck, so maybe I will anyway...
I've been to my local libraries and they don't have any books that are more recent and the ones they do have is New York, Chicago, Miami etc. so I would be looking at a lot of books.
Bookstores are the same, only the editions are newer. They have a few road trip books, but most are on "how to pack up your kids and have a pleasant drive to Disney World" or something along those lines..
Does anybody know of a book similar to the old LP one?
(I'm doing a few tags, but really I haven't decided on where to go, only certain city is Seattle)
LP on a shoestring book. Is there an alternative?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 2 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 3 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 4 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 5 SOS....Thunderstorms when we plan to visit NOLA
- 6 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 7 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 8 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 9 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 10 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 11 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 12 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 13 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 14 Recommended Private Shuttle Service From JFK Airport to Long Island City
- 15 Kid School Admission
- 16 NYC hotel/July
- 17 Boston to see Sargent works
- 18 Southern Alabama trip report
- 19 New York City-New Things?
- 20 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 21 Oom-pa-pa at the Y (our “camping” report) April 2015 St. Louis MO
- 22 Alaska Trip Planning
- 23 Calling card for land line phones in National Parks in the western states
- 24 Atlanta to LA
- 25 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.