My husband and I are planning two trips to the Mobile, AL area in the next couple of months--(1) a one-night weekend trip and (2) a mid-week 3 night trip with our two medium-sized dogs. We have never been to the area and are looking for recs on where to stay.
For the first trip, we are open to any moderately to low-priced Hotel/Inn/B&B within an hour of Mobile or in Mobile itself--something comfortable with a good breakfast would be great! A place where we can walk or explore would be nice, too.
For the 2nd trip we will be bringing our dogs, so dog-friendly beaches & restaurants are a must! We are very open to camping (tent or cabin) and would love something on/near the beach, but a state park with a lake would be good, too. We love trails, hiking, and good food : ) So far Dauphin Island is our top choice, but it's hard to find good reviews.
Thanks in advance!
Low-key trip to AL with dogs?
- 1 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 2 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 3 Savanah Sojourn
- 4 St. Augustine, Florida
- 5 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 6 hotel near Met NYC
- 7 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 8 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 9 Are hotels in Waikiki really this bad?
- 10 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 11 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 12 Madison Square Garden
- 13 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 14 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 15 NYC Rooftop bar with a view?
- 16 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 17 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 18 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 19 Hotels on Hilo side of the Big Island?
- 20 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 21 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 22 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 23 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 24 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 25 Big Island Hawaii - stay in Kona AND Hilo? Also when are school holidays?