I've been to Maui a few times and Waikiki ('76 when I was 17), which was exciting at that age and the first time there. I am now wanting to go to N.Shore, Oahu. I have been looking up places on VRBO and there are so many different areas that look very nice and seem to be on the quiet/relaxing side. That is what i am looking for (although watching some surfing would be entertaining) as it will either be me (solo) or possibly w/my husband. I NEED a vacation there, whether it's just me or someone w/me-either way, I've decided I'm going this time. I am wondering if someone has experience with many of the areas In NB and could give me some suggestions. I've looked briefly into Haleiwa, Ehukai Beach, Kawela, Sunset Beach, and others. There's alot of them that seem very nice, as well as the prices. I only need a small place, ON the beach as opposed to oceanfront. A smaller beach, as well as some snorkeling on site would be good.. (especially if solo, although some neighbors would be fine (not comf. laying out in front of many ppl) :/. i also would prefer to NOT be too out in the boonies, as I may make a couple trips to bigger town. if anyone has stayed at any of these areas I listed or others on N.Shore and would have recommendations, I would greatly appreciate any info. Looking to go in Oct or Nov, 2013,Tina
Looking into North shore, Oahu
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vegas hotels for families
- 2 100 Reason to Love New Mexico
- 3 best area to stay in san diego
- 4 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 5 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 6 Panama City beach or other suggestion
- 7 San Francisco - mid October
- 8 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 9 Apartment Rentals DC
- 10 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 11 Zion to Albuquerque
- 12 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 13 Narrowing things down for DC and Virginia
- 14 Stay in Santa Fe or Taos, NM
- 15 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 16 Round trip from Chicago
- 17 Something to do besides drink wine in Sonoma.
- 18 Sonoma: Jack London State Historic Park
- 19 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 20 Tour companies
- 21 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 22 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 23 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 24 Quick Trip to NYC
- 25 Need advise : Driving to Sequoia then to Las Vegas