I've been to Maui a few times and Waikiki ('76 when I was 17), which was exciting at that age and the first time there. I am now wanting to go to N.Shore, Oahu. I have been looking up places on VRBO and there are so many different areas that look very nice and seem to be on the quiet/relaxing side. That is what i am looking for (although watching some surfing would be entertaining) as it will either be me (solo) or possibly w/my husband. I NEED a vacation there, whether it's just me or someone w/me-either way, I've decided I'm going this time. I am wondering if someone has experience with many of the areas In NB and could give me some suggestions. I've looked briefly into Haleiwa, Ehukai Beach, Kawela, Sunset Beach, and others. There's alot of them that seem very nice, as well as the prices. I only need a small place, ON the beach as opposed to oceanfront. A smaller beach, as well as some snorkeling on site would be good.. (especially if solo, although some neighbors would be fine (not comf. laying out in front of many ppl) :/. i also would prefer to NOT be too out in the boonies, as I may make a couple trips to bigger town. if anyone has stayed at any of these areas I listed or others on N.Shore and would have recommendations, I would greatly appreciate any info. Looking to go in Oct or Nov, 2013,Tina
Looking into North shore, Oahu
View all United States activity »
- 1 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 2 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 3 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 4 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 5 Where should I move to?
- 6 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 7 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 8 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 9 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 10 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 11 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 12 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 13 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 Fripp island
- 16 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 17 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 18 Hotel near Public Theater
- 19 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 20 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 21 San Antonio
- 22 hotel near Met NYC
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 Oahu Information
- 25 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013