I've been to Maui a few times and Waikiki ('76 when I was 17), which was exciting at that age and the first time there. I am now wanting to go to N.Shore, Oahu. I have been looking up places on VRBO and there are so many different areas that look very nice and seem to be on the quiet/relaxing side. That is what i am looking for (although watching some surfing would be entertaining) as it will either be me (solo) or possibly w/my husband. I NEED a vacation there, whether it's just me or someone w/me-either way, I've decided I'm going this time. I am wondering if someone has experience with many of the areas In NB and could give me some suggestions. I've looked briefly into Haleiwa, Ehukai Beach, Kawela, Sunset Beach, and others. There's alot of them that seem very nice, as well as the prices. I only need a small place, ON the beach as opposed to oceanfront. A smaller beach, as well as some snorkeling on site would be good.. (especially if solo, although some neighbors would be fine (not comf. laying out in front of many ppl) :/. i also would prefer to NOT be too out in the boonies, as I may make a couple trips to bigger town. if anyone has stayed at any of these areas I listed or others on N.Shore and would have recommendations, I would greatly appreciate any info. Looking to go in Oct or Nov, 2013,Tina
Looking into North shore, Oahu
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Brooklyn why?
- 2 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 3 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 4 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 5 New York City Restaurants
- 6 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 WISCONSIN
- 9 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 10 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 11 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 12 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 13 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 14 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 15 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 16 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 17 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 18 Dining in D.C.
- 19 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 20 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 21 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 22 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 23 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 24 Colorado in the summer!
- 25 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH