I've been to Maui a few times and Waikiki ('76 when I was 17), which was exciting at that age and the first time there. I am now wanting to go to N.Shore, Oahu. I have been looking up places on VRBO and there are so many different areas that look very nice and seem to be on the quiet/relaxing side. That is what i am looking for (although watching some surfing would be entertaining) as it will either be me (solo) or possibly w/my husband. I NEED a vacation there, whether it's just me or someone w/me-either way, I've decided I'm going this time. I am wondering if someone has experience with many of the areas In NB and could give me some suggestions. I've looked briefly into Haleiwa, Ehukai Beach, Kawela, Sunset Beach, and others. There's alot of them that seem very nice, as well as the prices. I only need a small place, ON the beach as opposed to oceanfront. A smaller beach, as well as some snorkeling on site would be good.. (especially if solo, although some neighbors would be fine (not comf. laying out in front of many ppl) :/. i also would prefer to NOT be too out in the boonies, as I may make a couple trips to bigger town. if anyone has stayed at any of these areas I listed or others on N.Shore and would have recommendations, I would greatly appreciate any info. Looking to go in Oct or Nov, 2013,Tina
Looking into North shore, Oahu
View all United States activity »
- 1 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 2 Vero Beach FL
- 3 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 4 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 5 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 6 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 7 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 8 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 9 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 10 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 11 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 12 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 13 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 14 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 15 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 16 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 17 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 18 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 19 Question about Boulder area
- 20 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 21 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 22 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
- 23 Grand Canyon in March?
- 24 a very short trip report of our 10 days on the Big Island
- 25 California Tour Groups?