I've been to Maui a few times and Waikiki ('76 when I was 17), which was exciting at that age and the first time there. I am now wanting to go to N.Shore, Oahu. I have been looking up places on VRBO and there are so many different areas that look very nice and seem to be on the quiet/relaxing side. That is what i am looking for (although watching some surfing would be entertaining) as it will either be me (solo) or possibly w/my husband. I NEED a vacation there, whether it's just me or someone w/me-either way, I've decided I'm going this time. I am wondering if someone has experience with many of the areas In NB and could give me some suggestions. I've looked briefly into Haleiwa, Ehukai Beach, Kawela, Sunset Beach, and others. There's alot of them that seem very nice, as well as the prices. I only need a small place, ON the beach as opposed to oceanfront. A smaller beach, as well as some snorkeling on site would be good.. (especially if solo, although some neighbors would be fine (not comf. laying out in front of many ppl) :/. i also would prefer to NOT be too out in the boonies, as I may make a couple trips to bigger town. if anyone has stayed at any of these areas I listed or others on N.Shore and would have recommendations, I would greatly appreciate any info. Looking to go in Oct or Nov, 2013,Tina
Looking into North shore, Oahu
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 2 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 3 Universal studios/Orlando
- 4 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 5 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 6 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 7 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 8 USA with a 3 year old
- 9 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 10 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 11 NYC theatre broadway
- 12 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 13 First family ski trip
- 14 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 15 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 16 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 17 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 18 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 19 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 20 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 21 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 22 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 23 Wedding venue in NH
- 24 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 25 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle