hello - we're dropping our son at Tufts in late August, staying a couple of days there to get him settled into his apartment and will have Friday-Sunday to do 'something' else. We've toured Boston several times already and i go there on business periodically so the city is well covered. I've considered the cape but it will be an August weekend and have heard that traffic and crowds are terrible; I'm also considering the berkshires, maine, NH, Lake Champlain, etc and would love input from this board. We can leave Boston on Friday morning and our flight back home is at 7pm on Sunday night. We're mid-50's, very active, not into antiques or shopping (maybe an hour or two at most but DH gets bored easily). Cycling, hiking, and great views are top of my list - any ideas??
Looking for weekend advice after 2 days in Boston
View all United States activity »
- 1 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 2 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 3 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 4 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 5 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 6 Vero Beach FL
- 7 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 8 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 9 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 10 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 11 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 12 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 13 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 14 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 15 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 16 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 17 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 18 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 19 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 20 Question about Boulder area
- 21 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 22 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 23 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
- 24 Grand Canyon in March?
- 25 a very short trip report of our 10 days on the Big Island