We stopped for lunch in the cafeteria of the Smithsonian American Indian Museum and could not believe the variety of interesting dishes fitting the above description. The cafeteria is set up as a food court with each area featuring the food of a different Indian region of the Americas. It was hard to decide between all of the possibilities but we ended up splitting a large plate called four colors. It was divided equally between a beet, apple, walnut combo, a wild rice, pine nut and some sort of green combo, a mixture of quartered radish with fiddlehead fern, and a sweet potato, green pepper, sauteed onion and sunchoke combo. Each was unique and delicious and each had a few other minor veggie ingredients and spices. These were but a few of the possibilities. The cafeteria opens at 11 AM and closing depends on museum hours. They also have plenty for the meat and fish eaters including planked salmon and bison burgers. The spiced hot chocolate is also a winner.
Looking for Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten free near the Washington, DC mall?
- 1 Newport, RI Questions
- 2 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 3 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 4 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 5 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 6 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 7 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 8 Denver 1 day in denver
- 9 Boston and surrounding area
- 10 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 11 Northern Idaho - Western Montana Drive
- 12 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 13 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 14 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 15 Santa Fe at the end of May?
- 16 Savannah restaurants
- 17 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 18 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 19 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 20 Middlebury vt quickie
- 21 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 22 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 23 Crater Lake-North entrance open
- 24 New Orleans - Alligator Cheesecake???
- 25 New York City Itinerary and Restaurant Help