My husband and I will be spending New Year's in Florida, flying into Miami. We are not looking for a crazy nightlife, just a pretty beach town to spend the days on the beach and have dinner in a fun and relaxed atmosphere.
Where is the best area to stay and eat? At the most a three hour drive from Miami. It would have to have a nice beach for my husband, and maybe a quaint little town center with shopping or antiquing for me. Lodging clean and visually pleasing... nothing too old or outdated for around $200/night.
I guess what I'm looking for is "New England-esqe" charm in Florida.... does such a place exist? Maybe in the Keys? But I heard the beaches are not so great. Someone help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hiking 'the wave'
- 2 Pacific Northwest Food and Wine
- 3 Tksgiving trip Anacortes or Whidbey Island?
- 4 Any suggestions for the holidays 2016
- 5 Last Minute NYC tips??
- 6 LA to Carlsbad, 7 days, December
- 7 San Jose to Napa Valley
- 8 las vegas anyone
- 9 Restaurant Help Needed
- 10 Best Culinary Tour in Charleston?
- 11 5 Day Photography Road Trip from Vegas to Denver
- 12 Foliage in Vermont
- 13 las vegas anyone
- 14 Hawaii: 3 islands
- 15 Finding Steve Perry
- 16 Grand Canyon
- 17 Washington DC
- 18 New England itinerary help
- 19 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 20 Trip Report - NYC Girls Weekend
- 21 US history sites- D.C.-NYC-Boston-Philly
- 22 Columbia River Gorge
- 23 Late-October Colorado: Itinerary ?s and RMNP day hikes
- 24 Photography trip from Denver to Vegas in 2 Days
- 25 Kona Village Resort Update.