My husband and I will be spending New Year's in Florida, flying into Miami. We are not looking for a crazy nightlife, just a pretty beach town to spend the days on the beach and have dinner in a fun and relaxed atmosphere.
Where is the best area to stay and eat? At the most a three hour drive from Miami. It would have to have a nice beach for my husband, and maybe a quaint little town center with shopping or antiquing for me. Lodging clean and visually pleasing... nothing too old or outdated for around $200/night.
I guess what I'm looking for is "New England-esqe" charm in Florida.... does such a place exist? Maybe in the Keys? But I heard the beaches are not so great. Someone help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 2 Las vegas and nearby
- 3 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 4 Road trip from Asheville to western United States!
- 5 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 6 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 7 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 8 Key West Hidden Gem Hotels?
- 9 Ashville, NC; where to stay?
- 10 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 11 Help with Denver - Moab - Denver Trip Itinerary Suggestions
- 12 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 13 Washington - what should we see between Seattle and Cashmere?
- 14 Quaint towns in Sonoma County
- 15 Orlando area weather in June
- 16 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 17 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 18 New Itinerary
- 19 Help with Northwest Trip
- 20 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 21 Weekend at the Straits of Mackinac
- 22 Trip report--Los Angeles food experiences
- 23 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 24 Trip report--San Diego food experiences
- 25 road trip