My husband and I will be spending New Year's in Florida, flying into Miami. We are not looking for a crazy nightlife, just a pretty beach town to spend the days on the beach and have dinner in a fun and relaxed atmosphere.
Where is the best area to stay and eat? At the most a three hour drive from Miami. It would have to have a nice beach for my husband, and maybe a quaint little town center with shopping or antiquing for me. Lodging clean and visually pleasing... nothing too old or outdated for around $200/night.
I guess what I'm looking for is "New England-esqe" charm in Florida.... does such a place exist? Maybe in the Keys? But I heard the beaches are not so great. Someone help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Jazzfest side trips
- 2 Suggestions for beach towns on FL west coast?
- 3 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 4 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 5 Miami
- 6 Weegee...you can't be a 'nice Nellie' and do street photography
- 7 Back from the Big Easy
- 8 Driving Alaska
- 9 Oregon or California to Nebraska
- 10 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 11 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 12 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 13 March in New Mexico
- 14 San Francisco/Northern California Trip
- 15 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 16 Transportation suggestions from Charleston Executive Airport
- 17 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 18 Border crossing
- 19 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 20 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 21 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
- 22 Yellowstone Hikes questions
- 23 Flowers and Berries in Oregon
- 24 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 25 Cross country tips