My husband and I will be spending New Year's in Florida, flying into Miami. We are not looking for a crazy nightlife, just a pretty beach town to spend the days on the beach and have dinner in a fun and relaxed atmosphere.
Where is the best area to stay and eat? At the most a three hour drive from Miami. It would have to have a nice beach for my husband, and maybe a quaint little town center with shopping or antiquing for me. Lodging clean and visually pleasing... nothing too old or outdated for around $200/night.
I guess what I'm looking for is "New England-esqe" charm in Florida.... does such a place exist? Maybe in the Keys? But I heard the beaches are not so great. Someone help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 hour radius of Boston 9/7
- 2 Farewell from Ira
- 3 Florida Keys with my retriever
- 4 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 5 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 6 Mid September New England trip itinerary
- 7 Texas to New York Flight/Hotel Tips
- 8 Help with driving East to West
- 9 taking home sand
- 10 Anniversary Weekend in Charleston, South Carolina
- 11 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 12 Where to take big family on the beach?
- 13 Zion - Angel's Landing Trail Closed
- 14 Cashless Toll roads.
- 15 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 16 Broken Arrow
- 17 Need a corporate sedan in JFK
- 18 Champaigne, Illinois
- 19 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 20 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 21 Suggestions for Thanksgiving weekend on Cape Cod
- 22 Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 23 Once again, another great trip to DC (August 23-30)
- 24 Long weekend in New Orleans
- 25 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills