My husband and I will be spending New Year's in Florida, flying into Miami. We are not looking for a crazy nightlife, just a pretty beach town to spend the days on the beach and have dinner in a fun and relaxed atmosphere.
Where is the best area to stay and eat? At the most a three hour drive from Miami. It would have to have a nice beach for my husband, and maybe a quaint little town center with shopping or antiquing for me. Lodging clean and visually pleasing... nothing too old or outdated for around $200/night.
I guess what I'm looking for is "New England-esqe" charm in Florida.... does such a place exist? Maybe in the Keys? But I heard the beaches are not so great. Someone help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rental Car using the ferries in Washington
- 2 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 3 Oregon Itinerary Critique, please.
- 4 Chicago - Family Weekend
- 5 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 6 Seattle to San Francisco 3 weeks
- 7 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 8 Kauai Kona Coast Resort Beachboy
- 9 Trip to Colorado in one week, RMNP
- 10 Western U.S. Road trip
- 11 Family trip to Arizona/Utah National Parks
- 12 Places to visit with a one year old between MA and WV.
- 13 Transport LGA to Grand Central
- 14 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 15 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 16 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 17 Driving from Denver to Ouray Colorado and back in late August
- 18 Seattle plus: San Juan Island, Victoria, or Vancouver?
- 19 Returned from Sedona
- 20 15 Nt Feb Trip (7 in Waikiki). Possible to do South Kauai & Big Island?
- 21 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 22 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 23 New Orleans logistics
- 24 First Trip to New Orleans
- 25 North Fork Vineyards/ Greenport Long Island trip planning