My husband and I will be spending New Year's in Florida, flying into Miami. We are not looking for a crazy nightlife, just a pretty beach town to spend the days on the beach and have dinner in a fun and relaxed atmosphere.
Where is the best area to stay and eat? At the most a three hour drive from Miami. It would have to have a nice beach for my husband, and maybe a quaint little town center with shopping or antiquing for me. Lodging clean and visually pleasing... nothing too old or outdated for around $200/night.
I guess what I'm looking for is "New England-esqe" charm in Florida.... does such a place exist? Maybe in the Keys? But I heard the beaches are not so great. Someone help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Christmas in Colorado
- 2 Marfa/Big Bend
- 3 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 4 DC Restaurants
- 5 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 6 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 7 JFK to Washington
- 8 Carrie Fishers flirty smile, early 80s.
- 9 Phoenix for the weekend
- 10 Stellarossa: You Should Know Better
- 11 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 12 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 13 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 14 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 15 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 16 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 17 TR Animal Kingdom Florida - WDW
- 18 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 19 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 20 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 21 Tucson: milestone Birthday Dinner, winter
- 22 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 23 San Francisco/wildfire worries
- 24 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 25 Eating Well In Manhatten