My husband and I will be spending New Year's in Florida, flying into Miami. We are not looking for a crazy nightlife, just a pretty beach town to spend the days on the beach and have dinner in a fun and relaxed atmosphere.
Where is the best area to stay and eat? At the most a three hour drive from Miami. It would have to have a nice beach for my husband, and maybe a quaint little town center with shopping or antiquing for me. Lodging clean and visually pleasing... nothing too old or outdated for around $200/night.
I guess what I'm looking for is "New England-esqe" charm in Florida.... does such a place exist? Maybe in the Keys? But I heard the beaches are not so great. Someone help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 2 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 3 Which island for R&R?
- 4 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 5 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 6 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 7 Olympic NP w/toddler
- 8 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 9 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 10 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 11 Summer mountains and lakes with kids
- 12 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 13 Your Favorite Restaurant in Annapolis
- 14 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 15 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 16 20th Anniversary NYC Fringe Festival
- 17 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 18 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 19 November redwoods trip
- 20 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 21 1.5 Days in Boston with 3 little ones
- 22 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 23 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 24 Yellowstone
- 25 JFK TO MANHATTEN