My husband and I will be spending New Year's in Florida, flying into Miami. We are not looking for a crazy nightlife, just a pretty beach town to spend the days on the beach and have dinner in a fun and relaxed atmosphere.
Where is the best area to stay and eat? At the most a three hour drive from Miami. It would have to have a nice beach for my husband, and maybe a quaint little town center with shopping or antiquing for me. Lodging clean and visually pleasing... nothing too old or outdated for around $200/night.
I guess what I'm looking for is "New England-esqe" charm in Florida.... does such a place exist? Maybe in the Keys? But I heard the beaches are not so great. Someone help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 2 New Orleans
- 3 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 4 Chadd's Ford/Andrew Wyeth
- 5 Texarkana to Wautoma, WI
- 6 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 7 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 8 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 9 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 10 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 11 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 12 Weather in Chicago
- 13 Road trip around Washington DC
- 14 Utah trip Itinerary
- 15 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 16 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 17 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 18 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 19 Place of Interest between Moab and LAS in Southern Utah?
- 20 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 21 Help me with this
- 22 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 23 Houston MetroRail
- 24 Houston: see in the eveing???
- 25 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria