My husband and I have booked our flights to Maui/Kauai for Dec 9th - 16th. We are taking our daughters 18 and 20. We are staying 5 night/4 full days in Maui and need help on where to stay. We would like a beautiful swimable beach, very nice accommodations that is within a reasonable driving distance to our activities. A travel agent recommends the Fairmont in Wailea but it is the only one she has made so I fear that the hotel may give them kick backs. Our budget is around $500.00 per night and we are open to suggestions We do like to stay in 4-5 star hotels. We may never go back so I really want to do it right. We would like to do some of the following things if recommended: Helicopter ride, bike ride, surfing lessons, whale watching, cliff dive watching, a luau, maybe something off the beaten path, etc... Suggestions welcome. We will leave Maui and travel to Kauai for the last two nights but will have 3 full days as we are taking the late night flight to LA on our last day. We will then lay over in LA for two nights before heading back to Atlanta. In Kauai we are staying at the Grand Hyatt. Any suggestions on what to do there with our grown girls would be appreciated. We have not booked a hotel in LA yet but any suggestions on where to stay and what to do there would help too. Thank you for any help!!
Looking for ideas on what to do and where to stay in Maui/Kauai
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Storing luggage in Manhattan for a few hours
- 2 TripReport--10 Utah Circle
- 3 Long Island Advice
- 4 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 5 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 6 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 7 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 8 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 9 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 10 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 11 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 12 Boston suggestions
- 13 California
- 14 Long Weekend Travel - Where to?
- 15 Tucson area flooding
- 16 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 17 Cabo cancelled, so where shall 14 of us go for childless long wknd??
- 18 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 19 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 20 lunch in Boulder CO TODAY!!
- 21 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 22 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 23 Winter/Spring Trip Ideas from Ohio
- 24 Ben Landa
- 25 4 week family trip ideas