My husband and I have booked our flights to Maui/Kauai for Dec 9th - 16th. We are taking our daughters 18 and 20. We are staying 5 night/4 full days in Maui and need help on where to stay. We would like a beautiful swimable beach, very nice accommodations that is within a reasonable driving distance to our activities. A travel agent recommends the Fairmont in Wailea but it is the only one she has made so I fear that the hotel may give them kick backs. Our budget is around $500.00 per night and we are open to suggestions We do like to stay in 4-5 star hotels. We may never go back so I really want to do it right. We would like to do some of the following things if recommended: Helicopter ride, bike ride, surfing lessons, whale watching, cliff dive watching, a luau, maybe something off the beaten path, etc... Suggestions welcome. We will leave Maui and travel to Kauai for the last two nights but will have 3 full days as we are taking the late night flight to LA on our last day. We will then lay over in LA for two nights before heading back to Atlanta. In Kauai we are staying at the Grand Hyatt. Any suggestions on what to do there with our grown girls would be appreciated. We have not booked a hotel in LA yet but any suggestions on where to stay and what to do there would help too. Thank you for any help!!
Looking for ideas on what to do and where to stay in Maui/Kauai
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 2 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 3 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 4 rain in Kauai
- 5 Where to go in Maine?
- 6 Jersey City Parking
- 7 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 8 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 9 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 10 SF to DR? WTH!
- 11 Kennebunkport and....?
- 12 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 13 NYC Itinerary Help
- 14 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 15 WISCONSIN
- 16 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 17 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 18 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 19 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 20 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 21 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 22 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 23 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 24 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 25 Washington, DC to Boston