My husband and I have booked our flights to Maui/Kauai for Dec 9th - 16th. We are taking our daughters 18 and 20. We are staying 5 night/4 full days in Maui and need help on where to stay. We would like a beautiful swimable beach, very nice accommodations that is within a reasonable driving distance to our activities. A travel agent recommends the Fairmont in Wailea but it is the only one she has made so I fear that the hotel may give them kick backs. Our budget is around $500.00 per night and we are open to suggestions We do like to stay in 4-5 star hotels. We may never go back so I really want to do it right. We would like to do some of the following things if recommended: Helicopter ride, bike ride, surfing lessons, whale watching, cliff dive watching, a luau, maybe something off the beaten path, etc... Suggestions welcome. We will leave Maui and travel to Kauai for the last two nights but will have 3 full days as we are taking the late night flight to LA on our last day. We will then lay over in LA for two nights before heading back to Atlanta. In Kauai we are staying at the Grand Hyatt. Any suggestions on what to do there with our grown girls would be appreciated. We have not booked a hotel in LA yet but any suggestions on where to stay and what to do there would help too. Thank you for any help!!
Looking for ideas on what to do and where to stay in Maui/Kauai
View all United States activity »
- 1 Watch The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Online free 2013
- 2 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 3 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 4 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 5 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 6 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 7 Vero Beach FL
- 8 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 9 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 10 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 11 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 12 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 13 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 16 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 17 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 18 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 19 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 20 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 21 Question about Boulder area
- 22 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 23 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 24 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
- 25 Grand Canyon in March?