My husband and I have booked our flights to Maui/Kauai for Dec 9th - 16th. We are taking our daughters 18 and 20. We are staying 5 night/4 full days in Maui and need help on where to stay. We would like a beautiful swimable beach, very nice accommodations that is within a reasonable driving distance to our activities. A travel agent recommends the Fairmont in Wailea but it is the only one she has made so I fear that the hotel may give them kick backs. Our budget is around $500.00 per night and we are open to suggestions We do like to stay in 4-5 star hotels. We may never go back so I really want to do it right. We would like to do some of the following things if recommended: Helicopter ride, bike ride, surfing lessons, whale watching, cliff dive watching, a luau, maybe something off the beaten path, etc... Suggestions welcome. We will leave Maui and travel to Kauai for the last two nights but will have 3 full days as we are taking the late night flight to LA on our last day. We will then lay over in LA for two nights before heading back to Atlanta. In Kauai we are staying at the Grand Hyatt. Any suggestions on what to do there with our grown girls would be appreciated. We have not booked a hotel in LA yet but any suggestions on where to stay and what to do there would help too. Thank you for any help!!
Looking for ideas on what to do and where to stay in Maui/Kauai
- 1 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 2 Planning Road Trip Seattle to Denver and Back
- 3 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 4 NYC to FLA Road Trip..stopovers (I-81) in Virginia and Sea Islands?
- 5 3 Week Roadtrip Starting in Nashville - Where to Go?!
- 6 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 7 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 8 American Airlines reservation question
- 9 Newport, RI Questions
- 10 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 11 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 12 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 13 coast drive from Seattle to San Francisco
- 14 Car trip from Seattle
- 15 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 16 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 17 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 18 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 19 Best timeshare in Branson?
- 20 Dennisport: Haigis Beach v. Sea Street Beach
- 21 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 22 Help with New York Itinerary!
- 23 Driving from Atlanta to Orlando With kids resting stops
- 24 Customs & Checked Baggage at O'Hare - coming from Dublin Airport
- 25 Rocks and Roads in Utah