We are hoping to plan a vacation someplace out west this summer--NM, AZ, etc with our two kids, one of whom has a developmental disability(not autism). We would like a mid to higher end resort or ranch setting, someplace with lots of kids activities and caring, supportive and well trained staff for kids, and who can respect and appreciate kids who while unbelievably happy,fun and delightful, aren't typical. We also need a place really nice families gravitate to.
We just don't want to end up someplace where our son gets frustrated bc the pace of everything is so fast or he can't participate fully in things,
Looking for family resort out west for summer vaca w/special needs child
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alaska railroad?
- 2 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 3 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 4 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 5 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 6 Itinerary opinions
- 7 Calgary to Banff
- 8 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 9 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 10 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2
- 11 Mesa Verde
- 12 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 13 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 14 Drive San Francisco to Yosemite - out of practice driving!
- 15 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 16 Exploring Los Angeles with Tom (but not maitaitom)
- 17 Our perfect day in Key West
- 18 moving to florida
- 19 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 20 culpepper
- 21 2 weeks in Alaska
- 22 Pub with food in Seattle
- 23 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 24 Great Driving Trip to Alaska, June/July 2014
- 25 An RV trip along the coast