We are hoping to plan a vacation someplace out west this summer--NM, AZ, etc with our two kids, one of whom has a developmental disability(not autism). We would like a mid to higher end resort or ranch setting, someplace with lots of kids activities and caring, supportive and well trained staff for kids, and who can respect and appreciate kids who while unbelievably happy,fun and delightful, aren't typical. We also need a place really nice families gravitate to.
We just don't want to end up someplace where our son gets frustrated bc the pace of everything is so fast or he can't participate fully in things,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 LA/Palm Springs for 6 days with teens?
- 2 5 days in Portland and Willamette wine country
- 3 Salt Lake City to Northern California or Oregon trip
- 4 One afternoon and evening to kill in San Fran
- 5 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 6 1.5 days in Chicago
- 7 Aug Weekend Colorado - Stay in Carbondale, Snowmass or Redstone
- 8 Ideas for 2 day/1 night Oct. side trip from NYC
- 9 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 10 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 11 New Hampshire: start from Portsmouth?
- 12 Nantucket vs. Jersey Shore
- 13 Need NYC help. Need to get from city out to Millford, NJ.
- 14 Maine in late October
- 15 Mendocino Hiking
- 16 Running kissimmee Florida
- 17 Looking for pretty waterfront hotel for weekend trip from Detroit
- 18 LOWER Antelope Canyon
- 19 Monterey whale watching
- 20 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 21 Coast Starlight Amtrak
- 22 Mackinac or Holland?
- 23 Grand Canyon Rafting - paddle, oar, or motorized
- 24 Memphis to Dallas
- 25 The New Whitney
Looking for family resort out west for summer vaca w/special needs child