Whats up people! Im looking to either rent or buy some isolated land for a wilderness or rural vacation home here in Illinois Im looking for something very isolated with no neighbors around for about 5 radial miles. Id really like to build a modular house or container house on this property for my vacation retreat but I might also consider renting something such as a cabin. Ive found Lots of stuff like this but need some advice as far as locating an area such as this. Its kind of rare in Illinois, but through my research Ive found theres some land if you dig deep enough around central Illinois and in the deep south around Shawnee Forrest that is totally isolated. Im looking to budget around $5000 to $15000 for the whole retreat project. Many modular houses go for about $5000 to $10000 on the cheap, and Ive seen lots of cabin rentals for around $30 a night and so forth. Might hire a researcher to complete my search for me. Any ideas or resources about how to set up a vacation home like this in isolated Illinois and find suitable land and appointments? Or any tips on how to hire a researcher on the cheap to dig this up? THanks for any great ideas!
Looking For A Vacation Retreat Home In Illinois.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 2 Mesa Verde
- 3 5 days and 4 nights outside of San Francisco
- 4 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 5 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 6 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 7 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 8 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 9 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 10 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 11 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 12 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 13 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 14 Major League Soccer clubs, what should FC Dallas do?
- 15 Seattle Hyatts
- 16 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 17 California road trip
- 18 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 19 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 20 Best beach in San Diego for family vacation ages 8-16
- 21 San Diego - wher to stay
- 22 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 23 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 24 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 25 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida