We visit NE a fair amount, but are having a hard time figuring out where to stay for 2 days when driving from Georgetown, Maine to Saxton's River, VT. This will be an escape from the East Coast heat during August. We could easily do the drive in one day, but thought we'd meander and stopover somewhere between the 2. We like small B&B's in villages where we can wonder the streets or even do some hiking in the surrounding area. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Looking for a stopover in NE in Summer
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Drive Seattle to Las Vegas
- 2 Oregon Wildfire Reports
- 3 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 4 Cape Cod trip report
- 5 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 6 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 7 Road Trip SW
- 8 Denver, Colorado, local's advice: Bistrot Vendome or other?
- 9 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 10 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 11 Yellowstone/Badlands trip, family of five, revised itinerary, June 2015
- 12 yk & family 4-day trip to Portland, Maine; July 2014
- 13 moving to florida
- 14 New Englandly: a Bit of Time in Massachusetts and Maine
- 15 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 16 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 17 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 18 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 19 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 20 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 21 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 22 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 23 Alaska Trip Report—10 days by car in July
- 24 Seafood
- 25 2 weeks in Alaska