We visit NE a fair amount, but are having a hard time figuring out where to stay for 2 days when driving from Georgetown, Maine to Saxton's River, VT. This will be an escape from the East Coast heat during August. We could easily do the drive in one day, but thought we'd meander and stopover somewhere between the 2. We like small B&B's in villages where we can wonder the streets or even do some hiking in the surrounding area. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Looking for a stopover in NE in Summer
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 2 Can I make a 1pm flight out of OGG if I stay the night before in Hana?
- 3 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 4 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 5 Road to Hana in 2 days without spending the night???
- 6 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 7 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 8 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 9 Brooklyn why?
- 10 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 11 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 12 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 13 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 14 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 15 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 16 New York City Restaurants
- 17 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 18 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 19 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 20 Maui vacation
- 21 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 22 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 23 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 24 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 25 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014