We are a family of 4 looking for a small lake side or pond side cabin or camp. We are looking to be in the southern or central Adirondacks. I know the ADKS are full of ponds and lakes - I have spent lots of time looking at maps and know that not every single small pond or lake is always listed. I imagine that there are many I've never even heard of. I am wondering if anyone knows of a small body of water where we might visit and begin looking for our little dream lake or pond house.
We are not opposed to a non motorized lake - we love to kayak and love the peace and solitude. Lake George or Luzerne are WAY too busy. We love the feel of the Goodnow Flow or Oxbow Lake. Any others you would recommend would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Please help me add SNP to my road trip!
- 2 Ideas for February Road Trip from San Francisco?
- 3 Wine Country
- 4 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours
- 5 San Francisco first visit.
- 6 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 7 Kauai - Grand Hyatt and somewhere else?
- 8 I95
- 9 Looking for a restaurant! Oregon 101
- 10 Hawaii Help
- 11 Renting a car with DWAI
- 12 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 13 Labor Day in Key West...Literally
- 14 Arizona on a whirlwind update
- 15 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 16 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 17 Baltimore City: Some Flickr Photo Albums
- 18 Has anyone rent US travel WiFi before?
- 19 Yellowstone in early May
- 20 CHRISTMAS WEEK: NEW YORK STYLE
- 21 Grand Hyatt Kauai-Why Not?
- 22 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 23 Olympic vs. Redwood NPs
- 24 NYC: Milburn or Millenium Hilton
- 25 What time should we buy Liberty/Ellis Island tickets for?