We are a family of 4 looking for a small lake side or pond side cabin or camp. We are looking to be in the southern or central Adirondacks. I know the ADKS are full of ponds and lakes - I have spent lots of time looking at maps and know that not every single small pond or lake is always listed. I imagine that there are many I've never even heard of. I am wondering if anyone knows of a small body of water where we might visit and begin looking for our little dream lake or pond house.
We are not opposed to a non motorized lake - we love to kayak and love the peace and solitude. Lake George or Luzerne are WAY too busy. We love the feel of the Goodnow Flow or Oxbow Lake. Any others you would recommend would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 2 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 3 Eastern California Winter Roadtrip
- 4 Restaurant Recommendations mid-city Manhattan
- 5 Las Vegas Vacation
- 6 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 7 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 8 moving to Florida
- 9 Arizona in winter
- 10 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 11 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 12 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 13 DC restaurant report
- 14 Travel in Houston and surrounding area
- 15 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 16 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 17 Northern California Redwoods
- 18 Southwestern Virginia Ideas?
- 19 Smoky Mountains Honeymoon
- 20 East Tennesee to mohonk.
- 21 Neue Galerie
- 22 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 23 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 24 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 25 Philadelphia - Safe?