We are a family of 4 looking for a small lake side or pond side cabin or camp. We are looking to be in the southern or central Adirondacks. I know the ADKS are full of ponds and lakes - I have spent lots of time looking at maps and know that not every single small pond or lake is always listed. I imagine that there are many I've never even heard of. I am wondering if anyone knows of a small body of water where we might visit and begin looking for our little dream lake or pond house.
We are not opposed to a non motorized lake - we love to kayak and love the peace and solitude. Lake George or Luzerne are WAY too busy. We love the feel of the Goodnow Flow or Oxbow Lake. Any others you would recommend would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 2 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 3 Desert Southwest
- 4 11 Days in Washington State and northern Oregon: what to do?
- 5 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 6 Between Naples and Fort Myers
- 7 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 8 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 9 Kids Vacation Place
- 10 SW Colorado/San Juan Skyway ideas?
- 11 Boston waterfront Italian
- 12 Mardi Gras
- 13 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 14 Need advice - Charleston girls' weekend
- 15 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 16 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 17 Northern California Fall itinerary help
- 18 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 19 Napa valley getaway
- 20 Two nights from Sacramento to Santa Barbara: where to spend the night?
- 21 Grand Canyon From Phoenix
- 22 Steamboat in August
- 23 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016
- 24 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 25 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please