We are a family of 4 looking for a small lake side or pond side cabin or camp. We are looking to be in the southern or central Adirondacks. I know the ADKS are full of ponds and lakes - I have spent lots of time looking at maps and know that not every single small pond or lake is always listed. I imagine that there are many I've never even heard of. I am wondering if anyone knows of a small body of water where we might visit and begin looking for our little dream lake or pond house.
We are not opposed to a non motorized lake - we love to kayak and love the peace and solitude. Lake George or Luzerne are WAY too busy. We love the feel of the Goodnow Flow or Oxbow Lake. Any others you would recommend would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip from DC to NYC--help with itinerary?
- 2 Martha's Vineyard with the in-laws
- 3 Annapolis to Boston
- 4 2 months in Hawaii!
- 5 New OAK-Coliseum Shuttle -- Cost?
- 6 Seattle to Portland- ideas for places to stay?
- 7 Road Trip
- 8 HELP with ITINERARY for trip to Carmell/Central Coast with kids
- 9 NYC itinerary 5 days
- 10 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 11 Trailing of the Sheep Festival
- 12 Maui hotel for 20 somethings...
- 13 Does anyone know the hotel in Maui...
- 14 Grocery Shopping in Maui - is Costco worth the stop?
- 15 Honeymoon Suggestions
- 16 My Bucket List Retirement Trip
- 17 Vegas Where to Start
- 18 Ticket to Matilda on 7/16, NYC
- 19 Need anniversary dinner in Boston
- 20 June 2015 Trip to Oregon
- 21 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 22 Yellowstone June 2014
- 23 North Fork Vineyards/ Greenport Long Island trip planning
- 24 Help tweak my Colorado itinerary
- 25 NEEDED: Travel Agent for Honeymoon in Hawaii