On August 9, Sunday, we are going to drive from Chicago to St.Joseph (Mi) along the Michigan lakeshore. On our way we would wish to have a lay-over on a beach for sunbath, swimming, etc. (we have two children with us). Of course, it will depend on weather but we do hope for better.
As I can see on various web sites and on Google maps there is a plenty of beaches and beautiful places around so, it is so hard to make a choice.
On one hand, it seems to me that the furhter from Chicago the less crowded beaches can be found (having in mind that it will be Sunday).
On the other hand, the more time we spend in driving the less time will remain for having fun on a beach.
In this situation I would be glad to see your kind advices. Our criteria are: clean, safe for children, nice view (optional), parking; the less populated the better.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 https://9beautycaretips.com/ales-moisturizer/
- 2 Remove your Wrinkles Instantly with Aqua Refine
- 3 call +1(855) 205-4069 Delta Airlines First Class
- 4 Dollar to Euro Exchange
- 5 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 6 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 7 Looking to move from North Carolina to Colorado
- 8 Yellowstone National Park in 5 days - NEED HELP
- 9 Ridiculous Pacific Northwest Road Trip
- 10 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 11 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 12 Dallas airport to bush library
- 13 Ideas needed for fall road trip Boston - Montreal
- 14 Going from Friday Harbor, San Juan Island to Lake Crescent
- 15 Northern California Gardens.
- 16 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 17 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 18 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 19 Trip Report - Quick Trip to Hyannis - August 2017
- 20 Self parking hotel in Philly
- 21 Badlands - Mt. Rushmore -- central place to stay for a few days?
- 22 Arches or Zion?
- 23 Restaurant Recommendations for Queens/Brooklyn/Williamsburgl
- 24 (Healing?) Retreat in Sedona, Az?
- 25 Pu'uhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park - Hawaii
Looking for a nice beach between Chesterton, In and St.Joseph, Mi