On August 9, Sunday, we are going to drive from Chicago to St.Joseph (Mi) along the Michigan lakeshore. On our way we would wish to have a lay-over on a beach for sunbath, swimming, etc. (we have two children with us). Of course, it will depend on weather but we do hope for better.
As I can see on various web sites and on Google maps there is a plenty of beaches and beautiful places around so, it is so hard to make a choice.
On one hand, it seems to me that the furhter from Chicago the less crowded beaches can be found (having in mind that it will be Sunday).
On the other hand, the more time we spend in driving the less time will remain for having fun on a beach.
In this situation I would be glad to see your kind advices. Our criteria are: clean, safe for children, nice view (optional), parking; the less populated the better.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 %%$$>>1~8OO~235~63O2 Norton 360 Technical Support Phone Number
- 2 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 3 Best place for first night; Beach?
- 4 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 5 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 6 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 7 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 8 Relocating to the Deep South
- 9 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 10 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 11 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 12 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 13 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
- 14 Costco Chicken Salad Recalled
- 15 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 16 south west family trip itinerary
- 17 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 18 Report & Photos: Behind the Scenes at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
- 19 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 20 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 21 Adele saves Thanksgiving
- 22 wasting time around JFK
- 23 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 24 RV Roadtrip | Elkhart, IN to Middletown, NJ | Mid March 2016
- 25 outside adventure Las Vegas? Food too
Looking for a nice beach between Chesterton, In and St.Joseph, Mi