On August 9, Sunday, we are going to drive from Chicago to St.Joseph (Mi) along the Michigan lakeshore. On our way we would wish to have a lay-over on a beach for sunbath, swimming, etc. (we have two children with us). Of course, it will depend on weather but we do hope for better.
As I can see on various web sites and on Google maps there is a plenty of beaches and beautiful places around so, it is so hard to make a choice.
On one hand, it seems to me that the furhter from Chicago the less crowded beaches can be found (having in mind that it will be Sunday).
On the other hand, the more time we spend in driving the less time will remain for having fun on a beach.
In this situation I would be glad to see your kind advices. Our criteria are: clean, safe for children, nice view (optional), parking; the less populated the better.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Your favourite places in New York City
- 2 Belmond Charleston, Mills House Wyndham or Spectator?
- 3 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 4 Trip Report: Charleston SC, Hilton Head, Savannah GA and Jekyll Island
- 5 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 6 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 7 Cape cod Labor Day
- 8 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 9 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 10 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 11 Steamboat in August
- 12 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 13 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 14 hiking in RMNP - Clothing Layers in August
- 15 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 16 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 17 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 18 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 19 Los Angeles - 2 Days
- 20 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 21 Alaskan cruise excursions
- 22 Whale watching in Bar Harbor Maine
- 23 A Delectable Brunch At The Presidio in San Francisco
- 24 'Merca! My National Parks road trip.
- 25 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
Looking for a nice beach between Chesterton, In and St.Joseph, Mi