On August 9, Sunday, we are going to drive from Chicago to St.Joseph (Mi) along the Michigan lakeshore. On our way we would wish to have a lay-over on a beach for sunbath, swimming, etc. (we have two children with us). Of course, it will depend on weather but we do hope for better.
As I can see on various web sites and on Google maps there is a plenty of beaches and beautiful places around so, it is so hard to make a choice.
On one hand, it seems to me that the furhter from Chicago the less crowded beaches can be found (having in mind that it will be Sunday).
On the other hand, the more time we spend in driving the less time will remain for having fun on a beach.
In this situation I would be glad to see your kind advices. Our criteria are: clean, safe for children, nice view (optional), parking; the less populated the better.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A pleasant day on the road in Oregon?
- 2 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 3 More lodging in Oregon for eclipse
- 4 Rules of the NY Subway
- 5 Mt Rushmore/Grand Tetons/JacksonHole/Yellowstone Adventure
- 6 Food Festival Tour
- 7 Confused about Yellowstone trip
- 8 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 9 Photos from Glacier National Park October 2016
- 10 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 11 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 12 Seatte to San Fran - 3 Teenagers
- 13 California Coast Highway 1 from SF to LA Closed?
- 14 Road Trip Bucks County PA to In the Dells Wisconsin
- 15 Dividing time in Glacier
- 16 11 Day Road Trip/Backpacking Trip to Utah's NPs, Looking for Suggestions.
- 17 My travels to Monument Valley
- 18 Miami for 2 days
- 19 Universal Studios vacation
- 20 Boston architecture, decorative arts, & food
- 21 San Antonio Grand Hyatt versus Marriott Riverwalk
- 22 ALASKA TWO WEEK TRIP Cruise/Land
- 23 1 more Minnesota location?
- 24 Loop Road Trip from Seattle
- 25 Oregon Waterfalls, Mt Rainier & Palouse Waterfall in 5 Days
Looking for a nice beach between Chesterton, In and St.Joseph, Mi