On August 9, Sunday, we are going to drive from Chicago to St.Joseph (Mi) along the Michigan lakeshore. On our way we would wish to have a lay-over on a beach for sunbath, swimming, etc. (we have two children with us). Of course, it will depend on weather but we do hope for better.
As I can see on various web sites and on Google maps there is a plenty of beaches and beautiful places around so, it is so hard to make a choice.
On one hand, it seems to me that the furhter from Chicago the less crowded beaches can be found (having in mind that it will be Sunday).
On the other hand, the more time we spend in driving the less time will remain for having fun on a beach.
In this situation I would be glad to see your kind advices. Our criteria are: clean, safe for children, nice view (optional), parking; the less populated the better.
Thanks in advance
Looking for a nice beach between Chesterton, In and St.Joseph, Mi
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Getting to Key West
- 2 Indoor Waterpark in Wisconsin Dells ?
- 3 New Orleans Motel Question
- 4 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 5 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 6 San Francisco Italian Restaurant for 14
- 7 How the fairytale of New York can become a nightmare
- 8 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 9 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 10 Hang out, Low Key, Getaway Area?
- 11 Best non-tourist trap restaurants in South Beach
- 12 Happy Hour
- 13 Wisconsin Dells, Lake Geneva or Door county for a family vacation?
- 14 San Diego One Day Itinerary
- 15 road trip Houston-NJ
- 16 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 17 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 18 Philadelphia Airport Hotels with Extended Parking
- 19 Family Reunion Ideas for Maine Coast
- 20 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 21 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 22 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 23 Any edits? San Antonio & Austin Itinerary Dec 31st-Jan 5th or 6th
- 24 The Sagamore - Winter Activities
- 25 Portsmouth NH to NYC