On August 9, Sunday, we are going to drive from Chicago to St.Joseph (Mi) along the Michigan lakeshore. On our way we would wish to have a lay-over on a beach for sunbath, swimming, etc. (we have two children with us). Of course, it will depend on weather but we do hope for better.
As I can see on various web sites and on Google maps there is a plenty of beaches and beautiful places around so, it is so hard to make a choice.
On one hand, it seems to me that the furhter from Chicago the less crowded beaches can be found (having in mind that it will be Sunday).
On the other hand, the more time we spend in driving the less time will remain for having fun on a beach.
In this situation I would be glad to see your kind advices. Our criteria are: clean, safe for children, nice view (optional), parking; the less populated the better.
Thanks in advance
Looking for a nice beach between Chesterton, In and St.Joseph, Mi
- 1 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 2 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 3 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 4 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 5 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 6 Vero Beach FL
- 7 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 8 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 9 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 10 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 11 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 12 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 13 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 14 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 15 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 16 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 17 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 18 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 19 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 20 Question about Boulder area
- 21 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 22 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 23 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
- 24 Grand Canyon in March?
- 25 a very short trip report of our 10 days on the Big Island