On August 9, Sunday, we are going to drive from Chicago to St.Joseph (Mi) along the Michigan lakeshore. On our way we would wish to have a lay-over on a beach for sunbath, swimming, etc. (we have two children with us). Of course, it will depend on weather but we do hope for better.
As I can see on various web sites and on Google maps there is a plenty of beaches and beautiful places around so, it is so hard to make a choice.
On one hand, it seems to me that the furhter from Chicago the less crowded beaches can be found (having in mind that it will be Sunday).
On the other hand, the more time we spend in driving the less time will remain for having fun on a beach.
In this situation I would be glad to see your kind advices. Our criteria are: clean, safe for children, nice view (optional), parking; the less populated the better.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://menintalk.com/no2-core/
- 2 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 3 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 4 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 5 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 6 9-10 day trip to WA
- 7 Atlanta With Toddler
- 8 NYC For The Day
- 9 Turo?
- 10 USA family tour
- 11 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 12 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 13 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 14 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 15 Senior citizens traveling as groupl
- 16 Kauai planning help
- 17 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 18 Hawaii - June vs Aug, hotel vs rental
- 19 Revisiting Kauai: Heartbreak and Happiness
- 20 California Trip
- 21 Northeast/Mid-Atlantics States History/Beach Vacation
- 22 Need help nailing down the details
- 23 Metropolitan Opera - good seats?
- 24 Florida Beaches Compared To Caribbean
- 25 Proposed Los Angeles itinerary, almost exclusively without a car
Looking for a nice beach between Chesterton, In and St.Joseph, Mi