On August 9, Sunday, we are going to drive from Chicago to St.Joseph (Mi) along the Michigan lakeshore. On our way we would wish to have a lay-over on a beach for sunbath, swimming, etc. (we have two children with us). Of course, it will depend on weather but we do hope for better.
As I can see on various web sites and on Google maps there is a plenty of beaches and beautiful places around so, it is so hard to make a choice.
On one hand, it seems to me that the furhter from Chicago the less crowded beaches can be found (having in mind that it will be Sunday).
On the other hand, the more time we spend in driving the less time will remain for having fun on a beach.
In this situation I would be glad to see your kind advices. Our criteria are: clean, safe for children, nice view (optional), parking; the less populated the better.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.seremolynbuy.com/testropin-reviews/
- 2 Denver to Rocky Mt Nat Park in august
- 3 Best restaurant in Little Italy?
- 4 Has anyone been to Georgetown in Brooklyn?
- 5 duty free question with connecting flights to US
- 6 8 day trip to Florida
- 7 which indian rock beach, Fl or fort Lauderdale beach
- 8 Week in Colorado
- 9 Moving to Dallas
- 10 Cape Cod visit in August
- 11 Florida Car Rental
- 12 Buying wine New York City
- 13 Stowe, Vermont in September
- 14 Holland Tulip Festival
- 15 Is this a new record for spam?
- 16 Portland, Or. to Seattle & Vancouver Canada and Back
- 17 Theater Districy/Midtown NYC Hotel Suggestions
- 18 Great eats Portland, Seattle, Vancouver
- 19 Nashville Public Transportation
- 20 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
- 21 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 22 Carmel- Tickle Pink
- 23 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 24 BYOB in New York City
- 25 Where to visit driving through coast of Maine
Looking for a nice beach between Chesterton, In and St.Joseph, Mi