On August 9, Sunday, we are going to drive from Chicago to St.Joseph (Mi) along the Michigan lakeshore. On our way we would wish to have a lay-over on a beach for sunbath, swimming, etc. (we have two children with us). Of course, it will depend on weather but we do hope for better.
As I can see on various web sites and on Google maps there is a plenty of beaches and beautiful places around so, it is so hard to make a choice.
On one hand, it seems to me that the furhter from Chicago the less crowded beaches can be found (having in mind that it will be Sunday).
On the other hand, the more time we spend in driving the less time will remain for having fun on a beach.
In this situation I would be glad to see your kind advices. Our criteria are: clean, safe for children, nice view (optional), parking; the less populated the better.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 HP printer Reset CONTACT☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre 24*7
- 2 Has anyone tried Car Wiz for rentals?
- 3 Driving from Chicago to Sacramento
- 4 Another JFK to Manhattan Question
- 5 Short Notice
- 6 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 7 4 days in San Francisco
- 8 New offer from Southwest for California residents
- 9 Trip for 2 to Colorado need ideas.
- 10 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 11 Novel in Progress
- 12 5 Days in Charleston and Savannah in December?
- 13 Pawley's Island, SC Favorite Restaurants?
- 14 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 15 Rental car between Providence, RI and Woodstock CT
- 16 Norris Geyser Basin - Yellowstone National Park
- 17 RV road trip from CA to Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
- 18 Another Great DC Trip
- 19 Place to watch World Series in St. Pete Beach?
- 20 Acadia/Bar Harbor in early June
- 21 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 22 Trip Report National Parks Utah in October 2017
- 23 Utah National Parks Itinerary help please
- 24 Lodging Grand Canyon South Rim
- 25 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
Looking for a nice beach between Chesterton, In and St.Joseph, Mi