On August 9, Sunday, we are going to drive from Chicago to St.Joseph (Mi) along the Michigan lakeshore. On our way we would wish to have a lay-over on a beach for sunbath, swimming, etc. (we have two children with us). Of course, it will depend on weather but we do hope for better.
As I can see on various web sites and on Google maps there is a plenty of beaches and beautiful places around so, it is so hard to make a choice.
On one hand, it seems to me that the furhter from Chicago the less crowded beaches can be found (having in mind that it will be Sunday).
On the other hand, the more time we spend in driving the less time will remain for having fun on a beach.
In this situation I would be glad to see your kind advices. Our criteria are: clean, safe for children, nice view (optional), parking; the less populated the better.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Layover
- 2 Charleston - how long to stay?
- 3 Florida couples first trip to Maine
- 4 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 5 Phantom of the Opera Row H Seats 101-102 thoughts?
- 6 new orleans french quarter hotels for "the ladies"
- 7 November redwoods trip
- 8 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 9 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 10 Wedding gifts?
- 11 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 12 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 13 Seattle?
- 14 Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 15 Parking a Ford Transit Passenger Van NYC
- 16 Luxury Mountain Resort in PA or WV for sightseeing
- 17 driving from Atlanta to Denver
- 18 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 19 SF Area - Fall Family Trip
- 20 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 21 First Trip to New Mexico
- 22 Where to Stay Northern New Mexico in November
- 23 Big Bend, McDonald Observatory, San Antonio and Austin in January
- 24 Airport Advice for GNP
- 25 Day trips from Boston
Looking for a nice beach between Chesterton, In and St.Joseph, Mi