On August 9, Sunday, we are going to drive from Chicago to St.Joseph (Mi) along the Michigan lakeshore. On our way we would wish to have a lay-over on a beach for sunbath, swimming, etc. (we have two children with us). Of course, it will depend on weather but we do hope for better.
As I can see on various web sites and on Google maps there is a plenty of beaches and beautiful places around so, it is so hard to make a choice.
On one hand, it seems to me that the furhter from Chicago the less crowded beaches can be found (having in mind that it will be Sunday).
On the other hand, the more time we spend in driving the less time will remain for having fun on a beach.
In this situation I would be glad to see your kind advices. Our criteria are: clean, safe for children, nice view (optional), parking; the less populated the better.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 2 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 3 Texas exploring for 18 days
- 4 North Fork Vineyards/ Greenport Long Island trip planning
- 5 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 6 7 days in Colorado with Family
- 7 If you could have one meal in Vegas, what would it be?
- 8 Day Trip Reports? May/June
- 9 Taos area Spa or Resort Hotels
- 10 Brit worried about weather in Santa Barbara !
- 11 Visiting NYC - stay in Herlem or Jersey City?
- 12 Magazine St. and Garden District favorites
- 13 A quick trip to New Orleans - Dec 2010
- 14 large suitcase as carry-on on amtrak train
- 15 First Trip to New Orleans
- 16 Las Vegas Show Advice for Beatles Fan
- 17 Minneapolis to Yellowstone and back.
- 18 TRYP Hotel in NYC?
- 19 Off the beaten track in the deep south
- 20 How to break up trip between San Francisco and Laguna Niguel
- 21 15 Nt Feb Trip (7 in Waikiki). Possible to do South Kauai & Big Island?
- 22 Michigan advice needed
- 23 Nova Star
- 24 One day in Dallas
- 25 Best Colorado City?: hot summers, mild winters
Looking for a nice beach between Chesterton, In and St.Joseph, Mi