On August 9, Sunday, we are going to drive from Chicago to St.Joseph (Mi) along the Michigan lakeshore. On our way we would wish to have a lay-over on a beach for sunbath, swimming, etc. (we have two children with us). Of course, it will depend on weather but we do hope for better.
As I can see on various web sites and on Google maps there is a plenty of beaches and beautiful places around so, it is so hard to make a choice.
On one hand, it seems to me that the furhter from Chicago the less crowded beaches can be found (having in mind that it will be Sunday).
On the other hand, the more time we spend in driving the less time will remain for having fun on a beach.
In this situation I would be glad to see your kind advices. Our criteria are: clean, safe for children, nice view (optional), parking; the less populated the better.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Yellowstone, Tetons
- 2 Study in America
- 3 9 days from Acadia to Providence RI
- 4 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 5 Does the "Real USA" (still) exist?
- 6 Clean One bedroom for $50-$70 a week
- 7 Trip Report: 3 weeks in the Southwest, May-June 2015
- 8 Where to stay in South Carolina?
- 9 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 10 SUV v. Minivan for national park summer driving or does it not matter?
- 11 NYC itinerary 5 days
- 12 Seattle, WA to Redondo Beach, CA December
- 13 Traveling alone to Las Vegas
- 14 Florida Family vacation in California
- 15 walking it off in North Beach and Chinatown
- 16 Planning first trip to New Orleans - advice?
- 17 Itinerary advice first time to USA SF-YNP-LV-LA-SF
- 18 Philadelphia to Boston
- 19 Lake Winnipesauke, NH
- 20 Six Flags and Lake George, NY
- 21 Mokulele Airlines Hawaii
- 22 Where to stay in Hill Country in Texas
- 23 Restaurants in Sanibel/Captiva
- 24 Yosemite Visit
- 25 Staying at Belvedere in Sept--how early to make reservations?
Looking for a nice beach between Chesterton, In and St.Joseph, Mi