On August 9, Sunday, we are going to drive from Chicago to St.Joseph (Mi) along the Michigan lakeshore. On our way we would wish to have a lay-over on a beach for sunbath, swimming, etc. (we have two children with us). Of course, it will depend on weather but we do hope for better.
As I can see on various web sites and on Google maps there is a plenty of beaches and beautiful places around so, it is so hard to make a choice.
On one hand, it seems to me that the furhter from Chicago the less crowded beaches can be found (having in mind that it will be Sunday).
On the other hand, the more time we spend in driving the less time will remain for having fun on a beach.
In this situation I would be glad to see your kind advices. Our criteria are: clean, safe for children, nice view (optional), parking; the less populated the better.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fodor's Survey
- 2 3 day road trip from Las Vegas -Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion
- 3 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 4 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 5 TIPS - Pacific Coast Highway
- 6 California trip: Where to go after San Francisco?
- 7 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 8 Kauai for a group over New Years
- 9 Seattle, Las Vegas and Salt Lake
- 10 Northern California Redwoods
- 11 Seaside, California
- 12 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 13 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 14 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 15 saint john the divine concert for peace tickets
- 16 Denali
- 17 JFK Terminal 8
- 18 Off-season use of a car on Zion Scenic Drive
- 19 washington-blueridge parkway-myrtle beach
- 20 Maine in May?
- 21 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 22 Dinner Cruise down San Antonio River?
- 23 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 24 NYC Discounted Metropolitan Opera Tickets
- 25 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
Looking for a nice beach between Chesterton, In and St.Joseph, Mi