On August 9, Sunday, we are going to drive from Chicago to St.Joseph (Mi) along the Michigan lakeshore. On our way we would wish to have a lay-over on a beach for sunbath, swimming, etc. (we have two children with us). Of course, it will depend on weather but we do hope for better.
As I can see on various web sites and on Google maps there is a plenty of beaches and beautiful places around so, it is so hard to make a choice.
On one hand, it seems to me that the furhter from Chicago the less crowded beaches can be found (having in mind that it will be Sunday).
On the other hand, the more time we spend in driving the less time will remain for having fun on a beach.
In this situation I would be glad to see your kind advices. Our criteria are: clean, safe for children, nice view (optional), parking; the less populated the better.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Facebook@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:308:2504 Tec*h SUPPORT CaRE
- 2 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 3 Washington - what should we see between Seattle and Cashmere?
- 4 Quaint towns in Sonoma County
- 5 Orlando area weather in June
- 6 Road trip from Asheville to western United States!
- 7 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 8 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 9 New Itinerary
- 10 Help with Northwest Trip
- 11 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 12 Weekend at the Straits of Mackinac
- 13 Trip report--Los Angeles food experiences
- 14 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 15 Trip report--San Diego food experiences
- 16 Help with Denver - Moab - Denver Trip Itinerary Suggestions
- 17 road trip
- 18 3 month cheap rent in New York City
- 19 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 20 In Reverse Gear in Chicago
- 21 Camping in FL - Topsail Hill Preserve SP
- 22 Help - Drive from Olympia, WA to SLC, UT
- 23 1st trip to Maine Need feedback and advice
- 24 Restaurant Recommendation Somehwere Between O'Hare and Berrien County, MI
- 25 Myrtle beach
Looking for a nice beach between Chesterton, In and St.Joseph, Mi