I spent Memorial Day weekend in Minneapolis and had a fun time. I usually am only visiting relatives there and haven't spent much time in the city at all. We stayed at the Hotel Minneapolis (Doubletree), which was very convenient. Because we booked on Orbitz, the first two nights they didn't give us our usually free breakfast that we get from Hilton Honors Diamond, but the last night someone else was working the desk so we did get breakfast coupons.
We didn't do a whole lot, but enjoyed walking around downtown. We had some great dinners, Chamber's Kitchen on Hennepin, Cue at the Guthrie and Fire Lake Grill at the Radisson. We went to the new Tony Kushner play at the Guthrie theater which was very good, but very intense. One day we drove out to Stillwater, looked at shops and walked along the lake. All in all a very good time.
Long Weekend in Minneapolis
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel near Miami airport
- 2 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 3 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 4 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 5 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 6 Does anyone have a place on Cape Cod?
- 7 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 8 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 9 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 10 Mesa Verde
- 11 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 12 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 13 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 14 Road Trip SW
- 15 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 16 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 17 culpepper
- 18 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 19 Chicago trip
- 20 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 21 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 22 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 23 moving to florida
- 24 Santa Barbara, California
- 25 3 days, 4 nights in Denver