I spent Memorial Day weekend in Minneapolis and had a fun time. I usually am only visiting relatives there and haven't spent much time in the city at all. We stayed at the Hotel Minneapolis (Doubletree), which was very convenient. Because we booked on Orbitz, the first two nights they didn't give us our usually free breakfast that we get from Hilton Honors Diamond, but the last night someone else was working the desk so we did get breakfast coupons.
We didn't do a whole lot, but enjoyed walking around downtown. We had some great dinners, Chamber's Kitchen on Hennepin, Cue at the Guthrie and Fire Lake Grill at the Radisson. We went to the new Tony Kushner play at the Guthrie theater which was very good, but very intense. One day we drove out to Stillwater, looked at shops and walked along the lake. All in all a very good time.
Long Weekend in Minneapolis
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 from Moab to Bryce
- 2 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 3 How To Looks Fine
- 4 Charleston, SC 5 days
- 5 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 6 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 7 Phoenix/Tucson Airport Shuttles
- 8 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 9 Taxi from LGA to midtown, best route
- 10 Hana from the aiport
- 11 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 12 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 13 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 14 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 15 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 16 condo in Florida for 2016?
- 17 Driving Seattle to Lethbridge
- 18 Big Island touring – clockwise best?
- 19 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 20 Car rentals- San Francisco
- 21 San Diego-Hotel
- 22 Los Angeles day trips
- 23 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 24 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 25 Ft. Myers Beach Hotels