I spent Memorial Day weekend in Minneapolis and had a fun time. I usually am only visiting relatives there and haven't spent much time in the city at all. We stayed at the Hotel Minneapolis (Doubletree), which was very convenient. Because we booked on Orbitz, the first two nights they didn't give us our usually free breakfast that we get from Hilton Honors Diamond, but the last night someone else was working the desk so we did get breakfast coupons.
We didn't do a whole lot, but enjoyed walking around downtown. We had some great dinners, Chamber's Kitchen on Hennepin, Cue at the Guthrie and Fire Lake Grill at the Radisson. We went to the new Tony Kushner play at the Guthrie theater which was very good, but very intense. One day we drove out to Stillwater, looked at shops and walked along the lake. All in all a very good time.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Portland,Oregon- hotels and good food
- 2 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 3 Great Falls or Helena?
- 4 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 5 More problems for Big Sur
- 6 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 7 Miami for 2 days
- 8 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 9 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!
- 10 Las Vegas trip report
- 11 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 12 Lunch in Central Park
- 13 Flanigan's Inn & Hotel Zion National Park Springdale
- 14 Santa Barbara Hotels
- 15 place to eat and Grocery btn Salt lake city and Zion Canyon?
- 16 My travels to Monument Valley
- 17 Photos from Glacier National Park October 2016
- 18 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 19 Oregon Coast road trip
- 20 11 day PNW coast-Olympic-Portland-Glacier
- 21 Living in Tampa /West Palm
- 22 How much cash do you travel with?
- 23 Food Festival Tour
- 24 Boston area hotels
- 25 ALASKA TWO WEEK TRIP Cruise/Land