I spent Memorial Day weekend in Minneapolis and had a fun time. I usually am only visiting relatives there and haven't spent much time in the city at all. We stayed at the Hotel Minneapolis (Doubletree), which was very convenient. Because we booked on Orbitz, the first two nights they didn't give us our usually free breakfast that we get from Hilton Honors Diamond, but the last night someone else was working the desk so we did get breakfast coupons.
We didn't do a whole lot, but enjoyed walking around downtown. We had some great dinners, Chamber's Kitchen on Hennepin, Cue at the Guthrie and Fire Lake Grill at the Radisson. We went to the new Tony Kushner play at the Guthrie theater which was very good, but very intense. One day we drove out to Stillwater, looked at shops and walked along the lake. All in all a very good time.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston travel to North Carolina
- 2 Traveling to NYC - staying over Thanksgiving
- 3 AC Hotels cheap by clean
- 4 Vegas/California May 2016
- 5 Condos in Kauai and Big Island
- 6 Overwhelmed by Alaskan shore excursion choices
- 7 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 8 Eugene, OR/Redwoods/San Francisco
- 9 The Southern Coast of Maine 3 nights
- 10 After FL and CA, where else in the US with a 7-year-old?
- 11 CA AZ UT NV Road Trip
- 12 Martha's Vineyard_Day Trip
- 13 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 14 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 15 To Schenectady to Trains to Spanish Immersion Course in Mexico
- 16 Staying at Belvedere in Sept--how early to make reservations?
- 17 Hilton Hawaiian Village Resort
- 18 My Maine Trip Report
- 19 Berkshires with a toddler
- 20 hilicopter tour oahu
- 21 a lovely week in Grand Lake
- 22 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 23 Afternoon in Philadelphia
- 24 Road trip from and back to New York
- 25 Where to Stay in Phoenix/Scottsdale?