I spent Memorial Day weekend in Minneapolis and had a fun time. I usually am only visiting relatives there and haven't spent much time in the city at all. We stayed at the Hotel Minneapolis (Doubletree), which was very convenient. Because we booked on Orbitz, the first two nights they didn't give us our usually free breakfast that we get from Hilton Honors Diamond, but the last night someone else was working the desk so we did get breakfast coupons.
We didn't do a whole lot, but enjoyed walking around downtown. We had some great dinners, Chamber's Kitchen on Hennepin, Cue at the Guthrie and Fire Lake Grill at the Radisson. We went to the new Tony Kushner play at the Guthrie theater which was very good, but very intense. One day we drove out to Stillwater, looked at shops and walked along the lake. All in all a very good time.
Long Weekend in Minneapolis
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is the New York subway safe?
- 2 Skiing New Mexico
- 3 Hotel near the Miami airport
- 4 Girls Weekend Trip to Sarasota/Tampa Florida Area
- 5 Where to from Tampa?
- 6 Looking for a travel loop in Arizona (Las Vegas to Tucson & back)
- 7 Special Occasion/Fancy Dress shops in South Florida
- 8 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 9 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 10 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 11 kuai and maui top 10 to see list
- 12 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 13 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 14 Richmond to Oklahoma City Slowly: what not to miss?
- 15 Take the T or cab from Logan
- 16 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 17 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 18 Chicago Questions
- 19 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 20 Best way to see South & Central Florida in a week.
- 21 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 22 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 23 Chicago eateries downtown
- 24 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 25 Tell me about Santa Catalina Island