I spent Memorial Day weekend in Minneapolis and had a fun time. I usually am only visiting relatives there and haven't spent much time in the city at all. We stayed at the Hotel Minneapolis (Doubletree), which was very convenient. Because we booked on Orbitz, the first two nights they didn't give us our usually free breakfast that we get from Hilton Honors Diamond, but the last night someone else was working the desk so we did get breakfast coupons.
We didn't do a whole lot, but enjoyed walking around downtown. We had some great dinners, Chamber's Kitchen on Hennepin, Cue at the Guthrie and Fire Lake Grill at the Radisson. We went to the new Tony Kushner play at the Guthrie theater which was very good, but very intense. One day we drove out to Stillwater, looked at shops and walked along the lake. All in all a very good time.
Long Weekend in Minneapolis
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The Cindy Shearin Group Bottom Line
- 2 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 3 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 4 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 5 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 6 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 7 First family ski trip
- 8 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 9 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 10 Visiting Denver
- 11 Visiting Denver
- 12 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 13 NYC theatre broadway
- 14 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 15 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 16 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 17 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 18 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 19 A day in Dallas
- 20 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 21 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 22 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 23 Door County Suggestions
- 24 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 25 February 2015 Florida getaway for couples