I spent Memorial Day weekend in Minneapolis and had a fun time. I usually am only visiting relatives there and haven't spent much time in the city at all. We stayed at the Hotel Minneapolis (Doubletree), which was very convenient. Because we booked on Orbitz, the first two nights they didn't give us our usually free breakfast that we get from Hilton Honors Diamond, but the last night someone else was working the desk so we did get breakfast coupons.
We didn't do a whole lot, but enjoyed walking around downtown. We had some great dinners, Chamber's Kitchen on Hennepin, Cue at the Guthrie and Fire Lake Grill at the Radisson. We went to the new Tony Kushner play at the Guthrie theater which was very good, but very intense. One day we drove out to Stillwater, looked at shops and walked along the lake. All in all a very good time.
Long Weekend in Minneapolis
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 2 Shuttle Recommendations - Penn Station to JFK
- 3 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 4 San Fransisco to LA
- 5 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 6 Where to go in Maine?
- 7 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 8 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 9 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 10 rain in Kauai
- 11 Las Vegas to Los Angeles via Death Valley
- 12 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 13 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 14 WISCONSIN
- 15 Travel options from Washington DC to Williamsburg, Virginia
- 16 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 17 Dining in D.C.
- 18 Jersey City Parking
- 19 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 20 Favorite Flightseeing from Anchorage in June?
- 21 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 22 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 23 Cabins less than one hour Rabun County Georgia in NC
- 24 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 25 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA