I spent Memorial Day weekend in Minneapolis and had a fun time. I usually am only visiting relatives there and haven't spent much time in the city at all. We stayed at the Hotel Minneapolis (Doubletree), which was very convenient. Because we booked on Orbitz, the first two nights they didn't give us our usually free breakfast that we get from Hilton Honors Diamond, but the last night someone else was working the desk so we did get breakfast coupons.
We didn't do a whole lot, but enjoyed walking around downtown. We had some great dinners, Chamber's Kitchen on Hennepin, Cue at the Guthrie and Fire Lake Grill at the Radisson. We went to the new Tony Kushner play at the Guthrie theater which was very good, but very intense. One day we drove out to Stillwater, looked at shops and walked along the lake. All in all a very good time.
Long Weekend in Minneapolis
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 2 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 3 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 4 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 5 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 6 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 7 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?
- 8 Transportation help in Philly
- 9 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 10 Through Yellowstone to the OTO dude ranch
- 11 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 12 Hotels in North Philadelphia
- 13 New York Trip
- 14 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 15 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 16 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 17 Suggested Itinerary for Grand Canyon and Utah National Parks in two weeks
- 18 palm desert, CA
- 19 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 20 late-night DC restaurant
- 21 Balloon fest hotels
- 22 Philadelphia ?
- 23 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 24 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 25 Itinerary for solo traveler to Maui, Hawaii