I spent Memorial Day weekend in Minneapolis and had a fun time. I usually am only visiting relatives there and haven't spent much time in the city at all. We stayed at the Hotel Minneapolis (Doubletree), which was very convenient. Because we booked on Orbitz, the first two nights they didn't give us our usually free breakfast that we get from Hilton Honors Diamond, but the last night someone else was working the desk so we did get breakfast coupons.
We didn't do a whole lot, but enjoyed walking around downtown. We had some great dinners, Chamber's Kitchen on Hennepin, Cue at the Guthrie and Fire Lake Grill at the Radisson. We went to the new Tony Kushner play at the Guthrie theater which was very good, but very intense. One day we drove out to Stillwater, looked at shops and walked along the lake. All in all a very good time.
Long Weekend in Minneapolis
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 2 SFO black friday traffic
- 3 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 4 California & French Polynesia
- 5 General Utah planning questions
- 6 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 7 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 8 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 9 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 10 Dining in Manhattan
- 11 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 12 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 13 American Honeymoon in March
- 14 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 15 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 16 How to dress in Vegas
- 17 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 18 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 19 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 20 St Patrick's renovations
- 21 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 22 4 week family trip ideas
- 23 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 24 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 25 From Seattle airport to the city