I spent Memorial Day weekend in Minneapolis and had a fun time. I usually am only visiting relatives there and haven't spent much time in the city at all. We stayed at the Hotel Minneapolis (Doubletree), which was very convenient. Because we booked on Orbitz, the first two nights they didn't give us our usually free breakfast that we get from Hilton Honors Diamond, but the last night someone else was working the desk so we did get breakfast coupons.
We didn't do a whole lot, but enjoyed walking around downtown. We had some great dinners, Chamber's Kitchen on Hennepin, Cue at the Guthrie and Fire Lake Grill at the Radisson. We went to the new Tony Kushner play at the Guthrie theater which was very good, but very intense. One day we drove out to Stillwater, looked at shops and walked along the lake. All in all a very good time.
Long Weekend in Minneapolis
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?
- 2 ONP help
- 3 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 4 NYC Clubs for live music
- 5 Mesa Verde
- 6 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 7 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 8 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 9 Beachfront house rental - Fort Walton Beach/ Destin area
- 10 Seattle Hyatts
- 11 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 12 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 13 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 14 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 15 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 16 Coastal New England Road trip
- 17 Seattle: Something Different?
- 18 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 19 Bienville Hotel or Le Marais in New Orleans French Quarter
- 20 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 21 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 22 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 23 Park City ideas
- 24 5 days and 4 nights outside of San Francisco
- 25 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas