I spent Memorial Day weekend in Minneapolis and had a fun time. I usually am only visiting relatives there and haven't spent much time in the city at all. We stayed at the Hotel Minneapolis (Doubletree), which was very convenient. Because we booked on Orbitz, the first two nights they didn't give us our usually free breakfast that we get from Hilton Honors Diamond, but the last night someone else was working the desk so we did get breakfast coupons.
We didn't do a whole lot, but enjoyed walking around downtown. We had some great dinners, Chamber's Kitchen on Hennepin, Cue at the Guthrie and Fire Lake Grill at the Radisson. We went to the new Tony Kushner play at the Guthrie theater which was very good, but very intense. One day we drove out to Stillwater, looked at shops and walked along the lake. All in all a very good time.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Owl is increasing
- 2 DC Restaurants
- 3 Six from Six Flags commercials
- 4 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 5 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 6 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 7 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 8 Chicago 2017
- 9 Hawaii and...where?
- 10 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild
- 11 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 12 Christmas in Colorado
- 13 Chaco Canyon and Mesa Verde
- 14 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 15 usa roadtrip
- 16 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 17 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park
- 18 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 19 Babysitting on the North Shore, Oahu
- 20 Marfa/Big Bend
- 21 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 22 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 23 JFK to Washington
- 24 Phoenix for the weekend
- 25 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?