I spent Memorial Day weekend in Minneapolis and had a fun time. I usually am only visiting relatives there and haven't spent much time in the city at all. We stayed at the Hotel Minneapolis (Doubletree), which was very convenient. Because we booked on Orbitz, the first two nights they didn't give us our usually free breakfast that we get from Hilton Honors Diamond, but the last night someone else was working the desk so we did get breakfast coupons.
We didn't do a whole lot, but enjoyed walking around downtown. We had some great dinners, Chamber's Kitchen on Hennepin, Cue at the Guthrie and Fire Lake Grill at the Radisson. We went to the new Tony Kushner play at the Guthrie theater which was very good, but very intense. One day we drove out to Stillwater, looked at shops and walked along the lake. All in all a very good time.
Long Weekend in Minneapolis
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Getaway
- 2 San Francisco vs. San Diego
- 3 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 4 Yosemite Lodging
- 5 Temecula Winery Tours
- 6 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 7 Fairbanks Alaska
- 8 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 9 Worst Restaurants in America
- 10 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 11 What's new on Maui?
- 12 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 13 Washington DC and Philadelphia
- 14 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 15 Jensen Beach - Vistana Beach Club
- 16 Broadway choices
- 17 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 18 Question About Sealodge
- 19 Colorado aspen updates
- 20 New England Skiing
- 21 4 week family trip ideas
- 22 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 23 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 24 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 25 Florida KeysL Big Pine Key or Tavernier