I spent Memorial Day weekend in Minneapolis and had a fun time. I usually am only visiting relatives there and haven't spent much time in the city at all. We stayed at the Hotel Minneapolis (Doubletree), which was very convenient. Because we booked on Orbitz, the first two nights they didn't give us our usually free breakfast that we get from Hilton Honors Diamond, but the last night someone else was working the desk so we did get breakfast coupons.
We didn't do a whole lot, but enjoyed walking around downtown. We had some great dinners, Chamber's Kitchen on Hennepin, Cue at the Guthrie and Fire Lake Grill at the Radisson. We went to the new Tony Kushner play at the Guthrie theater which was very good, but very intense. One day we drove out to Stillwater, looked at shops and walked along the lake. All in all a very good time.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 2 Ouray to Aspen or Carbondale to Estes
- 3 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 4 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 5 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 6 Uber from Baton Rouge to N.O. Airport
- 7 Train from east cost to west coast
- 8 Civilian Visit to Schofield Barracks and Kolekole Pass
- 9 Walking at Ka'anapali Beach
- 10 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 11 Arches or Zion?
- 12 Route 66
- 13 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 14 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 15 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 16 Hiking from Aspen to Crested Butte
- 17 Any nice condo's to stay in Seaside, Florida?
- 18 Where to go for a long winter vacation in Florida, Panama City Beach??
- 19 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 20 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 21 Travel Friday Harbor to Olympic Peninsula?
- 22 Trip Report Part 2 (w/teens) - Zion, Bryce and Park City
- 23 Northern California Gardens.
- 24 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 25 Adventure Travel in Kenai Peninsula