I spent Memorial Day weekend in Minneapolis and had a fun time. I usually am only visiting relatives there and haven't spent much time in the city at all. We stayed at the Hotel Minneapolis (Doubletree), which was very convenient. Because we booked on Orbitz, the first two nights they didn't give us our usually free breakfast that we get from Hilton Honors Diamond, but the last night someone else was working the desk so we did get breakfast coupons.
We didn't do a whole lot, but enjoyed walking around downtown. We had some great dinners, Chamber's Kitchen on Hennepin, Cue at the Guthrie and Fire Lake Grill at the Radisson. We went to the new Tony Kushner play at the Guthrie theater which was very good, but very intense. One day we drove out to Stillwater, looked at shops and walked along the lake. All in all a very good time.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York City in January – what a deal!
- 2 Car-less in Atlanta (by Train)
- 3 Sarasota, Florida, good value hotels
- 4 Seafood In Cannon Beach
- 5 Late night eating in Kauai
- 6 Florida Beach Hotel
- 7 Savannah in st patrick's weekend?
- 8 Phoneix - The City of Sunshine
- 9 Considering a vacation in Texas this year
- 10 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 11 Inn at Cocoa Beach Hotel
- 12 Alaska independent tour for group
- 13 Hamilton Broadway
- 14 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 15 Texas area with nature AND proximity to a city?
- 16 Washington DC with kids
- 17 My road trip through southern US.
- 18 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 19 Florida Nature Trip
- 20 help from a true New Yorker.
- 21 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 22 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 23 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 24 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 25 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016