I spent Memorial Day weekend in Minneapolis and had a fun time. I usually am only visiting relatives there and haven't spent much time in the city at all. We stayed at the Hotel Minneapolis (Doubletree), which was very convenient. Because we booked on Orbitz, the first two nights they didn't give us our usually free breakfast that we get from Hilton Honors Diamond, but the last night someone else was working the desk so we did get breakfast coupons.
We didn't do a whole lot, but enjoyed walking around downtown. We had some great dinners, Chamber's Kitchen on Hennepin, Cue at the Guthrie and Fire Lake Grill at the Radisson. We went to the new Tony Kushner play at the Guthrie theater which was very good, but very intense. One day we drove out to Stillwater, looked at shops and walked along the lake. All in all a very good time.
Long Weekend in Minneapolis
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alaskan coast travel options
- 2 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 3 USA trip
- 4 Timeshare Nightmares
- 5 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 6 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 7 bus tour for Grand canyon(South Rim), Horse shoe in 1-day?
- 8 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 9 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 10 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 11 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 12 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 13 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 14 How to dress in Vegas
- 15 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 16 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 17 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 18 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 19 Chicago Questions
- 20 Air Connections on Maui
- 21 camaro hire in waikiki
- 22 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 23 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 24 Breckenridge in October
- 25 New Orleans in November - too cool?