I spent Memorial Day weekend in Minneapolis and had a fun time. I usually am only visiting relatives there and haven't spent much time in the city at all. We stayed at the Hotel Minneapolis (Doubletree), which was very convenient. Because we booked on Orbitz, the first two nights they didn't give us our usually free breakfast that we get from Hilton Honors Diamond, but the last night someone else was working the desk so we did get breakfast coupons.
We didn't do a whole lot, but enjoyed walking around downtown. We had some great dinners, Chamber's Kitchen on Hennepin, Cue at the Guthrie and Fire Lake Grill at the Radisson. We went to the new Tony Kushner play at the Guthrie theater which was very good, but very intense. One day we drove out to Stillwater, looked at shops and walked along the lake. All in all a very good time.
Long Weekend in Minneapolis
- 1 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 2 Hotel near Public Theater
- 3 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 4 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 5 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 6 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 7 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 8 San Antonio
- 9 hotel near Met NYC
- 10 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 11 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 12 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 13 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 14 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 15 Oahu Information
- 16 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 17 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 18 Warm and don't Drive
- 19 driving route to disneyland, Anaheim
- 20 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 21 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 22 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 23 One day in Washington DC
- 24 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 25 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?