I spent Memorial Day weekend in Minneapolis and had a fun time. I usually am only visiting relatives there and haven't spent much time in the city at all. We stayed at the Hotel Minneapolis (Doubletree), which was very convenient. Because we booked on Orbitz, the first two nights they didn't give us our usually free breakfast that we get from Hilton Honors Diamond, but the last night someone else was working the desk so we did get breakfast coupons.
We didn't do a whole lot, but enjoyed walking around downtown. We had some great dinners, Chamber's Kitchen on Hennepin, Cue at the Guthrie and Fire Lake Grill at the Radisson. We went to the new Tony Kushner play at the Guthrie theater which was very good, but very intense. One day we drove out to Stillwater, looked at shops and walked along the lake. All in all a very good time.
Long Weekend in Minneapolis
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving routes to Washington, D.C.
- 2 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 3 Cumberland Island and Surrounding Area
- 4 Is Stars Deli still there, 53rd and Lex?
- 5 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 6 1 day in the Tampa/St Pete's area- what to do?
- 7 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 8 Acadia National Park/New England States
- 9 Shenandoah National Park
- 10 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 11 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 12 Seattle Visit April
- 13 Unique but reasonable restaurants in Las Vegas
- 14 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 15 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 16 Best destination for east coast beach vacation in August?
- 17 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 18 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 19 Morning in miami
- 20 Whidbey Island inns that allow kids
- 21 Roadtrip Key West or Marco Island in January
- 22 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 23 Dinsey Wolrd - another "what resort" question
- 24 One night on the outskirts of Seattle - anywhere neat for the night
- 25 Old Faithful Inn East Vs West Wing differences