I spent Memorial Day weekend in Minneapolis and had a fun time. I usually am only visiting relatives there and haven't spent much time in the city at all. We stayed at the Hotel Minneapolis (Doubletree), which was very convenient. Because we booked on Orbitz, the first two nights they didn't give us our usually free breakfast that we get from Hilton Honors Diamond, but the last night someone else was working the desk so we did get breakfast coupons.
We didn't do a whole lot, but enjoyed walking around downtown. We had some great dinners, Chamber's Kitchen on Hennepin, Cue at the Guthrie and Fire Lake Grill at the Radisson. We went to the new Tony Kushner play at the Guthrie theater which was very good, but very intense. One day we drove out to Stillwater, looked at shops and walked along the lake. All in all a very good time.
Long Weekend in Minneapolis
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 2 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 3 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 4 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 5 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 6 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 7 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???
- 8 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 9 Kennedy Space Center
- 10 Jersey City Parking
- 11 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 12 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 13 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 14 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 15 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 16 Asheville NC without a car
- 17 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 18 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 19 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 20 Myrtle Beach
- 21 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 22 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 23 Colorado in the summer!
- 24 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 25 let's do a new Hawaii countdown