I spent Memorial Day weekend in Minneapolis and had a fun time. I usually am only visiting relatives there and haven't spent much time in the city at all. We stayed at the Hotel Minneapolis (Doubletree), which was very convenient. Because we booked on Orbitz, the first two nights they didn't give us our usually free breakfast that we get from Hilton Honors Diamond, but the last night someone else was working the desk so we did get breakfast coupons.
We didn't do a whole lot, but enjoyed walking around downtown. We had some great dinners, Chamber's Kitchen on Hennepin, Cue at the Guthrie and Fire Lake Grill at the Radisson. We went to the new Tony Kushner play at the Guthrie theater which was very good, but very intense. One day we drove out to Stillwater, looked at shops and walked along the lake. All in all a very good time.
Long Weekend in Minneapolis
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What are favorite small and large NYC restaurants?
- 2 Great Girls' Weekend in NYC!
- 3 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 4 We are going to Hawaii in October, have some questions:
- 5 Hawaii
- 6 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 7 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 8 3 days in Lake Travis area near Austin Texas
- 9 River Cafe
- 10 Predictions for peak leaf color in September?
- 11 Best place to spend NYE in LA with a young family
- 12 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 13 New Fire: Yosemite/Oakhurst
- 14 Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 15 How to Kill Time Overnite in NYC?
- 16 Long Island Advice
- 17 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 18 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 19 Recommendations for Moderately Priced Dining in Moab?
- 20 San Francisco Transportation tips from Lombard Street!?
- 21 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 22 LA Long Weekend--Itinerary Help
- 23 Drive from Seattle to Reno
- 24 Hawaii with kids
- 25 Yellowstone Road Closures - Impact Old Faithful