I spent Memorial Day weekend in Minneapolis and had a fun time. I usually am only visiting relatives there and haven't spent much time in the city at all. We stayed at the Hotel Minneapolis (Doubletree), which was very convenient. Because we booked on Orbitz, the first two nights they didn't give us our usually free breakfast that we get from Hilton Honors Diamond, but the last night someone else was working the desk so we did get breakfast coupons.
We didn't do a whole lot, but enjoyed walking around downtown. We had some great dinners, Chamber's Kitchen on Hennepin, Cue at the Guthrie and Fire Lake Grill at the Radisson. We went to the new Tony Kushner play at the Guthrie theater which was very good, but very intense. One day we drove out to Stillwater, looked at shops and walked along the lake. All in all a very good time.
Long Weekend in Minneapolis
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 2 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 3 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 4 Alaska Trip Planning
- 5 New York City-New Things?
- 6 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 7 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 8 Hiking in Georgia - beautiful photos
- 9 Rochester > Montreal > Quebec Road Trip
- 10 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 11 DC - WW2 flyover
- 12 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 13 Does the Warner Brothers Tour (Burbank) actually sell out?
- 14 Romantic destination in the US
- 15 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 16 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 17 Finger Lakes itineray suggestions?
- 18 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 19 Kid School Admission
- 20 Mount Vernon?
- 21 Lynni's Quick Trip to Washington DC and Virginia
- 22 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 23 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 24 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 25 First time to Hawaii (Maui)