I spent Memorial Day weekend in Minneapolis and had a fun time. I usually am only visiting relatives there and haven't spent much time in the city at all. We stayed at the Hotel Minneapolis (Doubletree), which was very convenient. Because we booked on Orbitz, the first two nights they didn't give us our usually free breakfast that we get from Hilton Honors Diamond, but the last night someone else was working the desk so we did get breakfast coupons.
We didn't do a whole lot, but enjoyed walking around downtown. We had some great dinners, Chamber's Kitchen on Hennepin, Cue at the Guthrie and Fire Lake Grill at the Radisson. We went to the new Tony Kushner play at the Guthrie theater which was very good, but very intense. One day we drove out to Stillwater, looked at shops and walked along the lake. All in all a very good time.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 BTW is there an ocean non-profit community you'd know?
- 2 some advice if you are going for vacation!
- 3 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 4 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 5 New Mexico in May
- 6 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 7 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 8 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 9 New Years Eve in NYC
- 10 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 11 Vernal, Utah with Teens Trip Report
- 12 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 13 Yellowstone
- 14 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 15 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 16 Redwoods National Park
- 17 Driving from Sacramento to San Francisco
- 18 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 19 Rattlesnake Ledge
- 20 March 2017 condo rental ?
- 21 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 22 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 23 Dining in Old Town Alexandria
- 24 Traveling Alone
- 25 Getty center and Getty Villa