I spent Memorial Day weekend in Minneapolis and had a fun time. I usually am only visiting relatives there and haven't spent much time in the city at all. We stayed at the Hotel Minneapolis (Doubletree), which was very convenient. Because we booked on Orbitz, the first two nights they didn't give us our usually free breakfast that we get from Hilton Honors Diamond, but the last night someone else was working the desk so we did get breakfast coupons.
We didn't do a whole lot, but enjoyed walking around downtown. We had some great dinners, Chamber's Kitchen on Hennepin, Cue at the Guthrie and Fire Lake Grill at the Radisson. We went to the new Tony Kushner play at the Guthrie theater which was very good, but very intense. One day we drove out to Stillwater, looked at shops and walked along the lake. All in all a very good time.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Taxi service like Uber etc
- 2 Road Trip from NJ TO SC
- 3 Going to niagara falls but want to go nyc
- 4 Paso Robles Wineries/Vineyards
- 5 First Time to California
- 6 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 7 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 8 Vintage Subway Cars in Operation for the 2015 Holiday Season
- 9 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 10 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 11 Roadtrip Around U.S
- 12 Driving to Yellowstone,Grand Teton and Glacier from MN
- 13 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 14 Angels Landing
- 15 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 16 San Francisco and Napa
- 17 San Diego on New Year's Eve
- 18 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 19 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 20 Southern Utah - Need Hotel Reservations Last Week Of April?
- 21 California RV baby and child seats
- 22 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 23 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 24 Dependable Airport Hotel Shuttlebus
- 25 California & Arizona Itinerary