I spent Memorial Day weekend in Minneapolis and had a fun time. I usually am only visiting relatives there and haven't spent much time in the city at all. We stayed at the Hotel Minneapolis (Doubletree), which was very convenient. Because we booked on Orbitz, the first two nights they didn't give us our usually free breakfast that we get from Hilton Honors Diamond, but the last night someone else was working the desk so we did get breakfast coupons.
We didn't do a whole lot, but enjoyed walking around downtown. We had some great dinners, Chamber's Kitchen on Hennepin, Cue at the Guthrie and Fire Lake Grill at the Radisson. We went to the new Tony Kushner play at the Guthrie theater which was very good, but very intense. One day we drove out to Stillwater, looked at shops and walked along the lake. All in all a very good time.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle to Portland- ideas for places to stay?
- 2 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 3 Miami Transportation Mid-Beach to South Beach
- 4 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 5 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 6 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 7 Florida Family vacation in California
- 8 Los Angeles 4 nghts/5days
- 9 Hilton Head restaurants
- 10 Santa Cruz downtown to San Jose Airport via public transit
- 11 50th in Hawaii
- 12 Las Vegas
- 13 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 14 Help finalize my Colorado activities & lodging
- 15 New York overnight - dinner & after choices
- 16 Driving from New York to Atlanta,Ga
- 17 Build a Chicago itinerary?
- 18 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 19 traveling to Nashville
- 20 NYC Vacation Packages - Two Thumbs Up!
- 21 Alaska Trip Report: Anchorage, Denali, Seward, Juneau & Glacier Bay
- 22 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark
- 23 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 24 Cody, Wyoming rodeo
- 25 Best route to Cody?