I spent Memorial Day weekend in Minneapolis and had a fun time. I usually am only visiting relatives there and haven't spent much time in the city at all. We stayed at the Hotel Minneapolis (Doubletree), which was very convenient. Because we booked on Orbitz, the first two nights they didn't give us our usually free breakfast that we get from Hilton Honors Diamond, but the last night someone else was working the desk so we did get breakfast coupons.
We didn't do a whole lot, but enjoyed walking around downtown. We had some great dinners, Chamber's Kitchen on Hennepin, Cue at the Guthrie and Fire Lake Grill at the Radisson. We went to the new Tony Kushner play at the Guthrie theater which was very good, but very intense. One day we drove out to Stillwater, looked at shops and walked along the lake. All in all a very good time.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Nice hotel / B&B in Tucson - January
- 2 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 3 How do Weight Loss Supplement Helps you
- 4 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 5 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 6 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 7 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 8 Airfares in the 1970's
- 9 Relocating to the Deep South
- 10 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride
- 11 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 12 First road trip from Tulsa to New Orleans
- 13 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 14 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 15 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 16 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 17 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 18 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 19 Seattle to San Francisco
- 20 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 21 San Francisco and Napa
- 22 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 23 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 24 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 25 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help