I spent Memorial Day weekend in Minneapolis and had a fun time. I usually am only visiting relatives there and haven't spent much time in the city at all. We stayed at the Hotel Minneapolis (Doubletree), which was very convenient. Because we booked on Orbitz, the first two nights they didn't give us our usually free breakfast that we get from Hilton Honors Diamond, but the last night someone else was working the desk so we did get breakfast coupons.
We didn't do a whole lot, but enjoyed walking around downtown. We had some great dinners, Chamber's Kitchen on Hennepin, Cue at the Guthrie and Fire Lake Grill at the Radisson. We went to the new Tony Kushner play at the Guthrie theater which was very good, but very intense. One day we drove out to Stillwater, looked at shops and walked along the lake. All in all a very good time.
Long Weekend in Minneapolis
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 2 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 3 Texas
- 4 Self guided White House tour
- 5 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 6 Northwest USA
- 7 middlebury vt snow
- 8 Tybee Island?... hilton head? help please?
- 9 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 10 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 11 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 12 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 13 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 14 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 15 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 16 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 17 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 18 Moving to CT
- 19 Hotels Philly
- 20 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 21 Ackislander
- 22 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 23 san diego or nearby area
- 24 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 25 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation