Hi, Driving round trip from the pacific northwest to NYC then on the DC then Virginia return home via Nashville. etc. Our trip itinerary is done. Booked a hotel in North Bergen NJ overnight. Planned to drive the SUV, with car top carrier into and around the city on a FRIDAY! Ok, folks say don't drive. get a ride on something...So, if we spend Thursday night in N. Bergen and plan the sightseeing but plan to spend Friday night in Fairfax, VA, driving there after the touring of NYC, where might we park the rig, safely, with all of our stuff in it for our entire trip? I know if we were returning to stay at the hotel again, it would be good, but we are not. So wondering the next best option. Bear in mind, I am mobility challenged and I have a small service dog. I use a stroller if I have to do much walking as I need her near me. We have immunity issues in the house and as the dog needs to sleep by my head, her bed is between the pillows. Can't take a chance of her bringing something into the house. Thus, not doing the walking on the street bit, , plus she is small. So in addition to 3 possibly 4 people, I need to be able to take the stroller. What are my best options? Thanks ever so much. NONE of us have ever been to NYC before and we would like to see Ground Zero, Lady Liberty. The young women want to stand at the big corner....go to Rockefeller Center and see Broadway! Huge trip for us to celebrate our 50th anniversary. Thanks again.
Long road trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 USA with a 3 year old
- 2 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 3 united and carry-ons
- 4 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 5 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 6 Cape Cod in early April
- 7 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 8 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 9 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 10 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 11 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 12 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 13 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 14 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 15 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 16 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 17 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 18 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 19 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 20 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 21 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 22 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 23 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 24 Philadelphia
- 25 Arizona road trip any changes?