i'm sort of stumped with this one and i'm hoping you can help me out.
DH and i are headed to maui for one week in august. we are staying at the maui kai. we'd like to do some beach snorkeling (not sure about a boat trip just yet). however, i've been reading all about car break-ins etc. so, my question has to do with our stuff/gear/supplies.
if we're both out snorkeling, where do we leave our stuff? the car does not seem to be a safe place to store anything. i.e. beach chairs (that the condo may provide or we'll have to rent), towels, clothes, sunblock, food/drinks, etc. do we leave this all unattended on the beach?
my second question ...how do we carry any valuable/necessary belongings with us while in the water? i'm thinking ... condo key, car key, credit card, lipbalm, etc.
sorry if this sounds really naive but we are not regular beachgoers and i just want to make sure that we're prepared for our trip!
logistics questions re: snorkeling in maui
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 3 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 4 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 5 charleston during Christmas Week
- 6 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 7 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 8 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 9 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 10 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 11 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 12 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 13 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 14 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 15 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 16 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 17 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 18 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 19 Key West Hotel in January
- 20 los angeles restaurants
- 21 West Maui Restaurants
- 22 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 23 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 24 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 25 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?