I've seen your posts on the forum pages and you seem so knowledgeable of the city. I have only visited St. Louis once, with my best friend to see a play at the Fox theatre in 2007. I have been working for several weeks on an itinerary for a "Surprise Road Trip" for my kids, ages 9 and 11.
I have been so excited as I have made my lists, "things to do", places "not to miss"... and then...
I read that St. Louis is consistently voted the "most dangerous city in the US"...
Now, I'm panicking.
Please shed some light on this for me. I lived in Memphis for four years and I am only two and a half hours north of New Orleans, so I definitely have visited big cities... but this statistic has frightened me.
Can you please help ease my mind?
I am a "detail" person... the more I have, the better...
Where to stay, where to stay away from, where to visit... etc....
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide...
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- 2 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 3 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 4 Hawaii Help
- 5 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104914
- 6 Summer in Michigan
- 7 Naples/ Fort Myers
- 8 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104909
- 9 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 10 NYC 30th birhday ideas
- 11 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 12 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 13 Rafting the Colorado
- 14 10-14 daycar fr. Monterey, CA to Jackson WY. Help - towns / Nat'l Parks
- 15 Glacier National Park
- 16 5 nights stay RMNP
- 17 Best Hilton location/hotel in New York
- 18 New York City - Wasington February 2017
- 19 West Virginia/Virginia during Thanksgiving (8 days)
- 20 Any Sanibel experts?
- 21 Traveling in winter
- 22 a short trip to san francisco
- 23 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 24 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 25 South east road trip