I've seen your posts on the forum pages and you seem so knowledgeable of the city. I have only visited St. Louis once, with my best friend to see a play at the Fox theatre in 2007. I have been working for several weeks on an itinerary for a "Surprise Road Trip" for my kids, ages 9 and 11.
I have been so excited as I have made my lists, "things to do", places "not to miss"... and then...
I read that St. Louis is consistently voted the "most dangerous city in the US"...
Now, I'm panicking.
Please shed some light on this for me. I lived in Memphis for four years and I am only two and a half hours north of New Orleans, so I definitely have visited big cities... but this statistic has frightened me.
Can you please help ease my mind?
I am a "detail" person... the more I have, the better...
Where to stay, where to stay away from, where to visit... etc....
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide...
Liz5959, help request from a tourist!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 2 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 3 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 4 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 5 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 6 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 7 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 8 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 9 Northern West Coast Road Trip
- 10 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 11 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 12 To San Francisco for 8 days
- 13 From Seattle airport to the city
- 14 Middle America in October
- 15 New York City Christmas Trip
- 16 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 17 visit to HIghLine
- 18 Please Recommend Florida Gulf Coast Beach Towns to Live
- 19 Transportation from Newark to Midtown Hotel
- 20 Best route from Nashville to Panama City Beach Florida
- 21 Colorado Skiing
- 22 4 week family trip ideas
- 23 Martha's Vineyard Sailing
- 24 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 25 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February