Hi, we're going to be in CA from Dec 14-24. We have a 3 yr old child and are traveling on a budget. We plan on spending the weekends with family in Fremont but the weekdays are open for adventure. What should we see/do that doesn't cost a lot and is within a 2 hr drive of Fremont (approx)? We have thought of day trips to San Francisco (GG bridge, cable cars, maybe some museums), time at Fairyland and the Oakland Zoo...what else? We're ok to hotel it a few nights, so overnight in San Francisco or other locations is definitely a possibility. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to do in CA, we are just unfamiliar with the layout of the land and what would be worth it. We're not into skiing or other strenuous events, esp with our 3 yr old in tow! Our days don't need to be packed full of events, we're good with some unscheduled down time too! Thank you so much for your suggestions...
Limited time, limited $ in CA - what do we see?
View all United States activity »
- 1 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 2 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 3 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 4 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 5 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 6 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 7 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 8 Has anyone used AirBnB to find lodging?
- 9 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 10 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 11 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 12 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 13 St. Augustine, Florida
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 San Antonio
- 16 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 17 hotel near Met NYC
- 18 Where should I move to?
- 19 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 20 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 21 Fripp island
- 22 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 23 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 24 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 25 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.