Hi, we're going to be in CA from Dec 14-24. We have a 3 yr old child and are traveling on a budget. We plan on spending the weekends with family in Fremont but the weekdays are open for adventure. What should we see/do that doesn't cost a lot and is within a 2 hr drive of Fremont (approx)? We have thought of day trips to San Francisco (GG bridge, cable cars, maybe some museums), time at Fairyland and the Oakland Zoo...what else? We're ok to hotel it a few nights, so overnight in San Francisco or other locations is definitely a possibility. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to do in CA, we are just unfamiliar with the layout of the land and what would be worth it. We're not into skiing or other strenuous events, esp with our 3 yr old in tow! Our days don't need to be packed full of events, we're good with some unscheduled down time too! Thank you so much for your suggestions...
Limited time, limited $ in CA - what do we see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New channel of a flamenco on youtube. Welcome!
- 2 HOW TO WEAR: BIRKENSTOCK SANDALS FOR WOMEN
- 3 Boston & Cape Cod
- 4 itinerary help (starting niagra falls)
- 5 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 6 Traveling from Seattle to Parksville BC.
- 7 Best spot to see a sunrise in Boston
- 8 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 9 Romantic destination in the US
- 10 Cleveland to Chicago by train
- 11 14 day trip advice Spokane Wa to Glacier,Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
- 12 First time to Hawaii (Maui)
- 13 Moving out of states from Florida
- 14 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 15 Best route to Lassen from Woodside?
- 16 family road trip
- 17 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 18 Alaska Trip Planning
- 19 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 20 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 21 Charleston + Savannah in June
- 22 Getting from JFK to Midtown
- 23 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 24 NY Times magazine -- Walking New York.
- 25 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England