Hi, we're going to be in CA from Dec 14-24. We have a 3 yr old child and are traveling on a budget. We plan on spending the weekends with family in Fremont but the weekdays are open for adventure. What should we see/do that doesn't cost a lot and is within a 2 hr drive of Fremont (approx)? We have thought of day trips to San Francisco (GG bridge, cable cars, maybe some museums), time at Fairyland and the Oakland Zoo...what else? We're ok to hotel it a few nights, so overnight in San Francisco or other locations is definitely a possibility. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to do in CA, we are just unfamiliar with the layout of the land and what would be worth it. We're not into skiing or other strenuous events, esp with our 3 yr old in tow! Our days don't need to be packed full of events, we're good with some unscheduled down time too! Thank you so much for your suggestions...
Limited time, limited $ in CA - what do we see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 los angeles restaurants
- 2 Tipping advice
- 3 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 4 Calf trip
- 5 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 6 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 7 West Maui Restaurants
- 8 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 9 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 10 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 11 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 12 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 13 Napa/Sonoma hotel confusion...please help
- 14 Key West Hotel in January
- 15 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 16 New Orleans Trip Report - Dec. 2014
- 17 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 18 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 19 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 20 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 21 4 week family trip ideas
- 22 x mas
- 23 Trip to Niagara Falls
- 24 Florida in between stop 2 days after Key Largo towards St.pete
- 25 Help me plan a trip to Nashville and Memphis.