Hi, we're going to be in CA from Dec 14-24. We have a 3 yr old child and are traveling on a budget. We plan on spending the weekends with family in Fremont but the weekdays are open for adventure. What should we see/do that doesn't cost a lot and is within a 2 hr drive of Fremont (approx)? We have thought of day trips to San Francisco (GG bridge, cable cars, maybe some museums), time at Fairyland and the Oakland Zoo...what else? We're ok to hotel it a few nights, so overnight in San Francisco or other locations is definitely a possibility. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to do in CA, we are just unfamiliar with the layout of the land and what would be worth it. We're not into skiing or other strenuous events, esp with our 3 yr old in tow! Our days don't need to be packed full of events, we're good with some unscheduled down time too! Thank you so much for your suggestions...
Limited time, limited $ in CA - what do we see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 2 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)
- 3 New England September
- 4 NYC taxi vs car service
- 5 NYC LES Restaurant A Casa Fox
- 6 Louisiana Hotel Questions
- 7 San Francisco-renting a car for a day
- 8 Car Rental West Palm Beach
- 9 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii
- 10 Austin Food Trucks
- 11 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 12 Weekend road trip from Omaha
- 13 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 14 searching for urban master planned community
- 15 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 16 Condos near Disney World
- 17 family celebration trip
- 18 Deep South sept 2015
- 19 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 20 Hawaii Group Travel
- 21 New York To Ashville NC
- 22 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 23 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 24 Fmpden, are you there?
- 25 Planning Christmas in NYC-is it nuts?