Hi, we're going to be in CA from Dec 14-24. We have a 3 yr old child and are traveling on a budget. We plan on spending the weekends with family in Fremont but the weekdays are open for adventure. What should we see/do that doesn't cost a lot and is within a 2 hr drive of Fremont (approx)? We have thought of day trips to San Francisco (GG bridge, cable cars, maybe some museums), time at Fairyland and the Oakland Zoo...what else? We're ok to hotel it a few nights, so overnight in San Francisco or other locations is definitely a possibility. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to do in CA, we are just unfamiliar with the layout of the land and what would be worth it. We're not into skiing or other strenuous events, esp with our 3 yr old in tow! Our days don't need to be packed full of events, we're good with some unscheduled down time too! Thank you so much for your suggestions...
Limited time, limited $ in CA - what do we see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 2 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 3 Do I need to buy tickets in advance for Chicago Art Institute?
- 4 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 5 Scouting trip for possible move to SoCal -- advice on itin, please
- 6 best area to stay in san diego
- 7 Vegas hotels for families
- 8 East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.
- 9 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 10 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 11 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 12 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 13 Two airports to choose from?
- 14 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 15 Beaufort, NC or Wilmington, NC?
- 16 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 17 San Francisco - mid October
- 18 A few NYC questions about 9/11 memorial tours and more.
- 19 Key West Dry Tortugas
- 20 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 21 Pizza Recs in the Bronx Area
- 22 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 23 layover
- 24 Which cross-country route, I-40 or I-80?
- 25 Part Four of an 18 Day RV trip - Homer