Hi, we're going to be in CA from Dec 14-24. We have a 3 yr old child and are traveling on a budget. We plan on spending the weekends with family in Fremont but the weekdays are open for adventure. What should we see/do that doesn't cost a lot and is within a 2 hr drive of Fremont (approx)? We have thought of day trips to San Francisco (GG bridge, cable cars, maybe some museums), time at Fairyland and the Oakland Zoo...what else? We're ok to hotel it a few nights, so overnight in San Francisco or other locations is definitely a possibility. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to do in CA, we are just unfamiliar with the layout of the land and what would be worth it. We're not into skiing or other strenuous events, esp with our 3 yr old in tow! Our days don't need to be packed full of events, we're good with some unscheduled down time too! Thank you so much for your suggestions...
Limited time, limited $ in CA - what do we see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Whcih is the best fashion store chain
- 2 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 3 Quick NYC trip review: Girls Gone Wild Part Deux
- 4 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 5 Thoughts for two 14 yr old boys who enjoy NYC,Chicago/sneakers.
- 6 Salt Lake City
- 7 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 8 Boston Marathon spectator questions
- 9 Carlsbad Cavern area - New Mexico ... Lodging
- 10 What is the best place to spend in summers in Texas?
- 11 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 12 Another Key West trip in the books!
- 13 Disneyland for a Day, One park or park hopper?
- 14 Help planning vacation to Vancouver, Seattle & San Juan Islands
- 15 Savannah GA
- 16 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 17 Beach holiday with baby
- 18 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 19 Kennebunkport, Cape Cod or Martha's Vineyard
- 20 Seattle hotels
- 21 Things to do around New York
- 22 Chicago Information Need for a Possible Trip
- 23 Dining in Carmel - midweek but special occasion?
- 24 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 25 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report