Hi, we're going to be in CA from Dec 14-24. We have a 3 yr old child and are traveling on a budget. We plan on spending the weekends with family in Fremont but the weekdays are open for adventure. What should we see/do that doesn't cost a lot and is within a 2 hr drive of Fremont (approx)? We have thought of day trips to San Francisco (GG bridge, cable cars, maybe some museums), time at Fairyland and the Oakland Zoo...what else? We're ok to hotel it a few nights, so overnight in San Francisco or other locations is definitely a possibility. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to do in CA, we are just unfamiliar with the layout of the land and what would be worth it. We're not into skiing or other strenuous events, esp with our 3 yr old in tow! Our days don't need to be packed full of events, we're good with some unscheduled down time too! Thank you so much for your suggestions...
Limited time, limited $ in CA - what do we see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SFO International Airport
- 2 My Book of Mormon review
- 3 New England road trip Oct. 8-14
- 4 Megabus, Tripper, or Boltbus from Wash DC to NYC. Which one is better?
- 5 ABQ Balloon Fiesta - What to do in the down time?
- 6 Yosemite Lodging
- 7 4-5 days in L.A.-Need suggestions
- 8 Take the T or cab from Logan
- 9 Worst Restaurants in America
- 10 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 11 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 12 Colorado aspen updates
- 13 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 14 Halloween in California on Hwy 1
- 15 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 16 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 17 Arches National Park in a day
- 18 New Orleans with kids - advice and suggestions, please
- 19 Wells / Ogunquit ME Getaway Weekend
- 20 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 21 Chicago - Midway airport to downtown
- 22 Fall color yet?
- 23 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 24 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 25 4-5 days in L.A.-Need suggestions