Hi, we're going to be in CA from Dec 14-24. We have a 3 yr old child and are traveling on a budget. We plan on spending the weekends with family in Fremont but the weekdays are open for adventure. What should we see/do that doesn't cost a lot and is within a 2 hr drive of Fremont (approx)? We have thought of day trips to San Francisco (GG bridge, cable cars, maybe some museums), time at Fairyland and the Oakland Zoo...what else? We're ok to hotel it a few nights, so overnight in San Francisco or other locations is definitely a possibility. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to do in CA, we are just unfamiliar with the layout of the land and what would be worth it. We're not into skiing or other strenuous events, esp with our 3 yr old in tow! Our days don't need to be packed full of events, we're good with some unscheduled down time too! Thank you so much for your suggestions...
Limited time, limited $ in CA - what do we see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast Road Trip
- 2 West Coast Road Trip
- 3 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 4 suggestions for mobile auto repair glass company in utah
- 5 advice for San jose to Napa limo
- 6 Which Florida Key for one month stay with infant?
- 7 Need Minnesota leaf color reports
- 8 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 9 Road Trip in January - New Orleans to Lexington
- 10 Car Needed in Austin?
- 11 Delaware - what do you recommend?
- 12 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 13 Provincetown: Parking in City Lots and Restaurant Recommendations
- 14 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 15 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 16 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 17 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 18 Maui itinerary
- 19 Las vegas and Grand canyon trip with parents ( 4 days)
- 20 One day trip to New york or Washington DC (First visit)!
- 21 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 22 4 week family trip ideas
- 23 Pirateland SC
- 24 4 day trip from Denver this fall - First time in the Rockies - Where to go?
- 25 San Diego with Kids