Hi, we're going to be in CA from Dec 14-24. We have a 3 yr old child and are traveling on a budget. We plan on spending the weekends with family in Fremont but the weekdays are open for adventure. What should we see/do that doesn't cost a lot and is within a 2 hr drive of Fremont (approx)? We have thought of day trips to San Francisco (GG bridge, cable cars, maybe some museums), time at Fairyland and the Oakland Zoo...what else? We're ok to hotel it a few nights, so overnight in San Francisco or other locations is definitely a possibility. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to do in CA, we are just unfamiliar with the layout of the land and what would be worth it. We're not into skiing or other strenuous events, esp with our 3 yr old in tow! Our days don't need to be packed full of events, we're good with some unscheduled down time too! Thank you so much for your suggestions...
Limited time, limited $ in CA - what do we see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip SW
- 2 3 weeks covering SF, Monterey, Lake Isabella, Las Vegas and LA (Disney)
- 3 Seattle-Tacoma Airport to downtown Seattle
- 4 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 5 culpepper
- 6 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 7 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 8 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 9 Charlotte restaurant help
- 10 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 11 Upscale Mexican restaurant in downtown Denver
- 12 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 13 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 14 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 15 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 16 2 weeks in Alaska
- 17 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 18 Week in Colorado Springs with 9 & 7 year old. Advice
- 19 Need help with 2 days in Yellowstone with West Yellowstone Lodging
- 20 Yosemite Fire
- 21 Place to Grab a Bite to Eat near Wilmington train station?
- 22 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 23 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 24 Fancy dining
- 25 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around