Hi, we're going to be in CA from Dec 14-24. We have a 3 yr old child and are traveling on a budget. We plan on spending the weekends with family in Fremont but the weekdays are open for adventure. What should we see/do that doesn't cost a lot and is within a 2 hr drive of Fremont (approx)? We have thought of day trips to San Francisco (GG bridge, cable cars, maybe some museums), time at Fairyland and the Oakland Zoo...what else? We're ok to hotel it a few nights, so overnight in San Francisco or other locations is definitely a possibility. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to do in CA, we are just unfamiliar with the layout of the land and what would be worth it. We're not into skiing or other strenuous events, esp with our 3 yr old in tow! Our days don't need to be packed full of events, we're good with some unscheduled down time too! Thank you so much for your suggestions...
Limited time, limited $ in CA - what do we see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 2 LA with 12-year old granddaughter
- 3 Specific Hotel & Activity Help Seattle - Sheraton or Switch?
- 4 Zion the narrows
- 5 Seattle Transportation??
- 6 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 7 Cabin in Asheville area
- 8 New England Family Trip - August
- 9 Tahoe - Yosemite Spring Hiking Trip Advice
- 10 Anyone familiar with America Car Rental?
- 11 Twenty Nine Palms to Dana Point, CA
- 12 Cell phone service in Moab
- 13 San Juan Islands... cruise question
- 14 Advice on Roadtrip
- 15 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 16 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 17 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton Road Trip
- 18 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 19 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 20 Lake Las Vegas Hotels Properties: Any favorites?
- 21 Mendocino - Sonoma
- 22 New Orleans - good side trip in a car?
- 23 Girls Weekend Trip to Sarasota/Tampa Florida Area
- 24 Another Trip to DC for baseball!
- 25 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?