Hi, we're going to be in CA from Dec 14-24. We have a 3 yr old child and are traveling on a budget. We plan on spending the weekends with family in Fremont but the weekdays are open for adventure. What should we see/do that doesn't cost a lot and is within a 2 hr drive of Fremont (approx)? We have thought of day trips to San Francisco (GG bridge, cable cars, maybe some museums), time at Fairyland and the Oakland Zoo...what else? We're ok to hotel it a few nights, so overnight in San Francisco or other locations is definitely a possibility. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to do in CA, we are just unfamiliar with the layout of the land and what would be worth it. We're not into skiing or other strenuous events, esp with our 3 yr old in tow! Our days don't need to be packed full of events, we're good with some unscheduled down time too! Thank you so much for your suggestions...
Limited time, limited $ in CA - what do we see?
- 1 Driving from Kentucky to Florida
- 2 San Luis Obispo to Death Valley in January
- 3 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 4 California Road trip From Los Angles to Carmel/Monterey and maybe San Fran
- 5 San Francisco and Napa in 3 nights! Please help
- 6 Napa wineries for wine novices
- 7 San Francisco Pacific Heights
- 8 Small Sofas
- 9 Boothbay Harbor and New Harbor on the same day?
- 10 Olympic & Rainier itinerary -- please suggest changes
- 11 Trying To Find a Place
- 12 romantic colorado trip
- 13 Fourth of July Weekend
- 14 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 15 Fires in Colorado
- 16 Marcola?
- 17 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 18 Updates from Hanalei
- 19 Can you help me complete my itinerary?
- 20 Hi from Sacramento GTG!
- 21 White Water Rafting Bachelor Party
- 22 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 23 Asian fusion/Thai restaurant in Vegas for a celebration
- 24 One day in NYC
- 25 Maine mid-coast recommendations?