Hi, we're going to be in CA from Dec 14-24. We have a 3 yr old child and are traveling on a budget. We plan on spending the weekends with family in Fremont but the weekdays are open for adventure. What should we see/do that doesn't cost a lot and is within a 2 hr drive of Fremont (approx)? We have thought of day trips to San Francisco (GG bridge, cable cars, maybe some museums), time at Fairyland and the Oakland Zoo...what else? We're ok to hotel it a few nights, so overnight in San Francisco or other locations is definitely a possibility. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to do in CA, we are just unfamiliar with the layout of the land and what would be worth it. We're not into skiing or other strenuous events, esp with our 3 yr old in tow! Our days don't need to be packed full of events, we're good with some unscheduled down time too! Thank you so much for your suggestions...
Limited time, limited $ in CA - what do we see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 2 Maui - Haleakala
- 3 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 4 Trip planning for New York/Disney World Dec16/Jan 17.
- 5 need help planning a trip to Grand Hotel/Mackinac Island, MI
- 6 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?
- 7 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 8 Vegas in mid may
- 9 Bachelorette Weekend in NYC: Best Hotel (with rooftop bar?) and Clubs?
- 10 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 11 Worth visiting NYC just on weekdays?
- 12 SXSW an issue?: 4 Days In Austin 8-11
- 13 Texas for art and history lovers
- 14 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 15 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 16 NOLA Bachelorette Party in August?
- 17 Toddler in California but where to go?
- 18 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 19 Knock Off Shopping in NYC
- 20 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 21 Which FL town is best?
- 22 New England XC & Downhill Skiing Week Trip mid-March, Reasonable prices
- 23 Disney World resort vacation at the Carribean Beach
- 24 Texas
- 25 planning a trip to US