Hi, we're going to be in CA from Dec 14-24. We have a 3 yr old child and are traveling on a budget. We plan on spending the weekends with family in Fremont but the weekdays are open for adventure. What should we see/do that doesn't cost a lot and is within a 2 hr drive of Fremont (approx)? We have thought of day trips to San Francisco (GG bridge, cable cars, maybe some museums), time at Fairyland and the Oakland Zoo...what else? We're ok to hotel it a few nights, so overnight in San Francisco or other locations is definitely a possibility. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to do in CA, we are just unfamiliar with the layout of the land and what would be worth it. We're not into skiing or other strenuous events, esp with our 3 yr old in tow! Our days don't need to be packed full of events, we're good with some unscheduled down time too! Thank you so much for your suggestions...
Limited time, limited $ in CA - what do we see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 2 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 3 san diego or nearby area
- 4 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 5 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 6 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 7 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 8 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 9 Moving to CT
- 10 LA for a day and a half
- 11 Hotels Philly
- 12 Northwest USA
- 13 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 14 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 15 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 16 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 17 Texas
- 18 Ackislander
- 19 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 20 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 21 Thanksgiving in Lake Placid / Adirondacks
- 22 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 23 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 24 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC
- 25 First Trip to California with Family of 6