Hi, we're going to be in CA from Dec 14-24. We have a 3 yr old child and are traveling on a budget. We plan on spending the weekends with family in Fremont but the weekdays are open for adventure. What should we see/do that doesn't cost a lot and is within a 2 hr drive of Fremont (approx)? We have thought of day trips to San Francisco (GG bridge, cable cars, maybe some museums), time at Fairyland and the Oakland Zoo...what else? We're ok to hotel it a few nights, so overnight in San Francisco or other locations is definitely a possibility. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to do in CA, we are just unfamiliar with the layout of the land and what would be worth it. We're not into skiing or other strenuous events, esp with our 3 yr old in tow! Our days don't need to be packed full of events, we're good with some unscheduled down time too! Thank you so much for your suggestions...
Limited time, limited $ in CA - what do we see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 2 California road trip
- 3 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 4 Bar Harbor Maine to Boston
- 5 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 6 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 7 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 8 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 9 Berkshires in late October
- 10 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 11 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 12 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 13 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 14 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 15 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 16 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 17 Mesa Verde
- 18 5 days and 4 nights outside of San Francisco
- 19 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 20 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 21 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 22 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 23 Seattle Hyatts
- 24 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 25 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa