Hi, we're going to be in CA from Dec 14-24. We have a 3 yr old child and are traveling on a budget. We plan on spending the weekends with family in Fremont but the weekdays are open for adventure. What should we see/do that doesn't cost a lot and is within a 2 hr drive of Fremont (approx)? We have thought of day trips to San Francisco (GG bridge, cable cars, maybe some museums), time at Fairyland and the Oakland Zoo...what else? We're ok to hotel it a few nights, so overnight in San Francisco or other locations is definitely a possibility. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to do in CA, we are just unfamiliar with the layout of the land and what would be worth it. We're not into skiing or other strenuous events, esp with our 3 yr old in tow! Our days don't need to be packed full of events, we're good with some unscheduled down time too! Thank you so much for your suggestions...
Limited time, limited $ in CA - what do we see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 2 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 3 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 4 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 5 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 6 Alaskan coast travel options
- 7 USA trip
- 8 Timeshare Nightmares
- 9 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 10 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 11 bus tour for Grand canyon(South Rim), Horse shoe in 1-day?
- 12 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 13 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 14 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 15 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 16 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 17 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 18 How to dress in Vegas
- 19 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 20 Chicago Questions
- 21 Air Connections on Maui
- 22 camaro hire in waikiki
- 23 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 24 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 25 Breckenridge in October