Hi, we're going to be in CA from Dec 14-24. We have a 3 yr old child and are traveling on a budget. We plan on spending the weekends with family in Fremont but the weekdays are open for adventure. What should we see/do that doesn't cost a lot and is within a 2 hr drive of Fremont (approx)? We have thought of day trips to San Francisco (GG bridge, cable cars, maybe some museums), time at Fairyland and the Oakland Zoo...what else? We're ok to hotel it a few nights, so overnight in San Francisco or other locations is definitely a possibility. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to do in CA, we are just unfamiliar with the layout of the land and what would be worth it. We're not into skiing or other strenuous events, esp with our 3 yr old in tow! Our days don't need to be packed full of events, we're good with some unscheduled down time too! Thank you so much for your suggestions...
Limited time, limited $ in CA - what do we see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 2 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 3 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 4 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 5 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 6 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 7 US Southwest
- 8 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 9 Traveling from Portland to San Fran/Napa Valley
- 10 Driving - Philadelphia to San Francisco
- 11 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 12 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 13 adams morgan - safety
- 14 Morning in miami
- 15 Looking for Classic/ vintage cars points of interest
- 16 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 17 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 18 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 19 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 20 Central US goecaching trip via Amtrak
- 21 Restaurant Recommendations in Tucson
- 22 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 23 What To See & Do in Rapid City
- 24 What To See and Do in the Grand Rapids Area
- 25 which St. Louis neighborhood to base in, given these destinations?