Hi, we're going to be in CA from Dec 14-24. We have a 3 yr old child and are traveling on a budget. We plan on spending the weekends with family in Fremont but the weekdays are open for adventure. What should we see/do that doesn't cost a lot and is within a 2 hr drive of Fremont (approx)? We have thought of day trips to San Francisco (GG bridge, cable cars, maybe some museums), time at Fairyland and the Oakland Zoo...what else? We're ok to hotel it a few nights, so overnight in San Francisco or other locations is definitely a possibility. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to do in CA, we are just unfamiliar with the layout of the land and what would be worth it. We're not into skiing or other strenuous events, esp with our 3 yr old in tow! Our days don't need to be packed full of events, we're good with some unscheduled down time too! Thank you so much for your suggestions...
Limited time, limited $ in CA - what do we see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Timeshare Nightmares
- 2 New York City Restaurants
- 3 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 4 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 5 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 6 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 7 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 8 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 9 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 10 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 11 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 12 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 13 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 14 Brooklyn why?
- 15 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 16 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 17 New York City Subway Fare Payment
- 18 Rafting in Wisconsin
- 19 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 20 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 21 Phoenix restaurants
- 22 5 week in US/Mexico
- 23 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 24 10 day trip to California
- 25 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier