Hi, we're going to be in CA from Dec 14-24. We have a 3 yr old child and are traveling on a budget. We plan on spending the weekends with family in Fremont but the weekdays are open for adventure. What should we see/do that doesn't cost a lot and is within a 2 hr drive of Fremont (approx)? We have thought of day trips to San Francisco (GG bridge, cable cars, maybe some museums), time at Fairyland and the Oakland Zoo...what else? We're ok to hotel it a few nights, so overnight in San Francisco or other locations is definitely a possibility. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to do in CA, we are just unfamiliar with the layout of the land and what would be worth it. We're not into skiing or other strenuous events, esp with our 3 yr old in tow! Our days don't need to be packed full of events, we're good with some unscheduled down time too! Thank you so much for your suggestions...
Limited time, limited $ in CA - what do we see?
- 1 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 2 Cape Ann area
- 3 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 4 Kauai golf
- 5 Need inexpensive trip: Northeastern Arkansas or Amarillo/Palo Duro Canyon?
- 6 stay near newark or nyc
- 7 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 8 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 9 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 10 Looking for "cheap and cheerful" hotel in Miami!
- 11 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 12 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?
- 13 Sonoma CA Accommodations
- 14 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 15 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 16 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 17 Minneapolis Hotel
- 18 Place for lunch in Philly?
- 19 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 20 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 21 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 22 Washington Wineries
- 23 MERIDIAN HILL PARK DRUM CIRCLE
- 24 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 25 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested