Hi, we're going to be in CA from Dec 14-24. We have a 3 yr old child and are traveling on a budget. We plan on spending the weekends with family in Fremont but the weekdays are open for adventure. What should we see/do that doesn't cost a lot and is within a 2 hr drive of Fremont (approx)? We have thought of day trips to San Francisco (GG bridge, cable cars, maybe some museums), time at Fairyland and the Oakland Zoo...what else? We're ok to hotel it a few nights, so overnight in San Francisco or other locations is definitely a possibility. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to do in CA, we are just unfamiliar with the layout of the land and what would be worth it. We're not into skiing or other strenuous events, esp with our 3 yr old in tow! Our days don't need to be packed full of events, we're good with some unscheduled down time too! Thank you so much for your suggestions...
Limited time, limited $ in CA - what do we see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 culpepper
- 2 NYC IN AUGUST
- 3 ideas for pacific coast drive (CA)
- 4 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 5 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 6 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 7 Fancy dining
- 8 I want to visit the india particular north east india ?
- 9 Hotel near Miami airport
- 10 Road Trip SW
- 11 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 12 Will have five days in Savannah
- 13 Driving the BRP.....Virginia or North Carolina?
- 14 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 15 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 16 Itinerary opinions
- 17 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 18 Chicago trip
- 19 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 20 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 21 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 22 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 23 Santa Barbara, California
- 24 moving to florida
- 25 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?