Hi, we're going to be in CA from Dec 14-24. We have a 3 yr old child and are traveling on a budget. We plan on spending the weekends with family in Fremont but the weekdays are open for adventure. What should we see/do that doesn't cost a lot and is within a 2 hr drive of Fremont (approx)? We have thought of day trips to San Francisco (GG bridge, cable cars, maybe some museums), time at Fairyland and the Oakland Zoo...what else? We're ok to hotel it a few nights, so overnight in San Francisco or other locations is definitely a possibility. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to do in CA, we are just unfamiliar with the layout of the land and what would be worth it. We're not into skiing or other strenuous events, esp with our 3 yr old in tow! Our days don't need to be packed full of events, we're good with some unscheduled down time too! Thank you so much for your suggestions...
Limited time, limited $ in CA - what do we see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 2 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 3 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 4 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 5 WISCONSIN
- 6 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 7 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 8 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 9 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 10 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 11 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 12 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 13 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 14 Brooklyn why?
- 15 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 16 New York City Restaurants
- 17 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 18 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 19 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 20 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 21 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 22 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 23 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 24 Dining in D.C.
- 25 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and