Hi, we're going to be in CA from Dec 14-24. We have a 3 yr old child and are traveling on a budget. We plan on spending the weekends with family in Fremont but the weekdays are open for adventure. What should we see/do that doesn't cost a lot and is within a 2 hr drive of Fremont (approx)? We have thought of day trips to San Francisco (GG bridge, cable cars, maybe some museums), time at Fairyland and the Oakland Zoo...what else? We're ok to hotel it a few nights, so overnight in San Francisco or other locations is definitely a possibility. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to do in CA, we are just unfamiliar with the layout of the land and what would be worth it. We're not into skiing or other strenuous events, esp with our 3 yr old in tow! Our days don't need to be packed full of events, we're good with some unscheduled down time too! Thank you so much for your suggestions...
Limited time, limited $ in CA - what do we see?
- 1 romantic colorado trip
- 2 Napa wineries for wine novices
- 3 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 4 Marcola?
- 5 San Francisco Pacific Heights
- 6 What bugs you the most about flying? 2013 Pet Peeves Survey
- 7 Updates from Hanalei
- 8 Can you help me complete my itinerary?
- 9 Hi from Sacramento GTG!
- 10 White Water Rafting Bachelor Party
- 11 Olympic & Rainier itinerary -- please suggest changes
- 12 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 13 Asian fusion/Thai restaurant in Vegas for a celebration
- 14 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 15 One day in NYC
- 16 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 17 Maine mid-coast recommendations?
- 18 Jackson Hole & Yellowstone
- 19 Trying To Find a Place
- 20 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 21 Key West at Christmas time
- 22 Orlando Parks - Cheapest short term tickets
- 23 Chicago Architectural Tours
- 24 Columbus food !
- 25 A trip to east coast vs a trip to Hawaii