Hi, we're going to be in CA from Dec 14-24. We have a 3 yr old child and are traveling on a budget. We plan on spending the weekends with family in Fremont but the weekdays are open for adventure. What should we see/do that doesn't cost a lot and is within a 2 hr drive of Fremont (approx)? We have thought of day trips to San Francisco (GG bridge, cable cars, maybe some museums), time at Fairyland and the Oakland Zoo...what else? We're ok to hotel it a few nights, so overnight in San Francisco or other locations is definitely a possibility. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to do in CA, we are just unfamiliar with the layout of the land and what would be worth it. We're not into skiing or other strenuous events, esp with our 3 yr old in tow! Our days don't need to be packed full of events, we're good with some unscheduled down time too! Thank you so much for your suggestions...
Limited time, limited $ in CA - what do we see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 2 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 3 NYC theatre broadway
- 4 First family ski trip
- 5 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 6 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 7 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 8 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 9 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 10 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 11 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 12 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 13 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 14 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 15 Visiting Denver
- 16 Visiting Denver
- 17 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 18 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 19 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 20 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 21 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 22 A day in Dallas
- 23 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 24 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 25 Door County Suggestions