Hi, we're going to be in CA from Dec 14-24. We have a 3 yr old child and are traveling on a budget. We plan on spending the weekends with family in Fremont but the weekdays are open for adventure. What should we see/do that doesn't cost a lot and is within a 2 hr drive of Fremont (approx)? We have thought of day trips to San Francisco (GG bridge, cable cars, maybe some museums), time at Fairyland and the Oakland Zoo...what else? We're ok to hotel it a few nights, so overnight in San Francisco or other locations is definitely a possibility. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to do in CA, we are just unfamiliar with the layout of the land and what would be worth it. We're not into skiing or other strenuous events, esp with our 3 yr old in tow! Our days don't need to be packed full of events, we're good with some unscheduled down time too! Thank you so much for your suggestions...
Limited time, limited $ in CA - what do we see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 2 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 3 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 4 Dining in D.C.
- 5 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 6 Jersey City Parking
- 7 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 8 Washington DC Metro
- 9 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 10 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 11 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 12 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 13 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 14 Las Vegas to Los Angeles via Death Valley
- 15 San Diego/Los Angeles Trip with Teens
- 16 Alaska cruise and land
- 17 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 18 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 19 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 20 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 21 NYC taxi vs car service
- 22 rain in Kauai
- 23 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 24 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 25 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?