Hi, we're going to be in CA from Dec 14-24. We have a 3 yr old child and are traveling on a budget. We plan on spending the weekends with family in Fremont but the weekdays are open for adventure. What should we see/do that doesn't cost a lot and is within a 2 hr drive of Fremont (approx)? We have thought of day trips to San Francisco (GG bridge, cable cars, maybe some museums), time at Fairyland and the Oakland Zoo...what else? We're ok to hotel it a few nights, so overnight in San Francisco or other locations is definitely a possibility. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to do in CA, we are just unfamiliar with the layout of the land and what would be worth it. We're not into skiing or other strenuous events, esp with our 3 yr old in tow! Our days don't need to be packed full of events, we're good with some unscheduled down time too! Thank you so much for your suggestions...
Limited time, limited $ in CA - what do we see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 2 Kauai Garden tours
- 3 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 4 Small group dining in Napa area
- 5 Another Perfect Visit to Paradise: Kauai
- 6 Toddler in California but where to go?
- 7 HELP WITH SONOMA AREA ITINERARY
- 8 Glacier National Park 10 Days
- 9 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 10 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 11 Montana- what are must see places?
- 12 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 13 Planning a Day Trip from Poughkeepsie (Returning by 6pm)
- 14 Los Angeles day trips
- 15 Centrally located hotel in Philadelphia
- 16 Knock Off Shopping in NYC
- 17 Rental Services
- 18 Safety in New Orleans
- 19 Road to Hana
- 20 Vegas, Grand Canyon, Utah National Parks trip advice
- 21 Worth visiting NYC just on weekdays?
- 22 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 23 Where to eat in & around San Diego
- 24 Hawaii is still Hell
- 25 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway