Hi, we're going to be in CA from Dec 14-24. We have a 3 yr old child and are traveling on a budget. We plan on spending the weekends with family in Fremont but the weekdays are open for adventure. What should we see/do that doesn't cost a lot and is within a 2 hr drive of Fremont (approx)? We have thought of day trips to San Francisco (GG bridge, cable cars, maybe some museums), time at Fairyland and the Oakland Zoo...what else? We're ok to hotel it a few nights, so overnight in San Francisco or other locations is definitely a possibility. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to do in CA, we are just unfamiliar with the layout of the land and what would be worth it. We're not into skiing or other strenuous events, esp with our 3 yr old in tow! Our days don't need to be packed full of events, we're good with some unscheduled down time too! Thank you so much for your suggestions...
Limited time, limited $ in CA - what do we see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 2 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 3 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 4 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 5 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 6 Tipping advice
- 7 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 8 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 9 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 10 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 11 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 12 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 13 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 14 Key West Hotel in January
- 15 los angeles restaurants
- 16 West Maui Restaurants
- 17 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 18 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 19 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 20 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 21 Boston to Ohio, with visits to FDR Home and Fallingwater
- 22 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 23 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 24 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 25 Healdsburg tips