Hi, we're going to be in CA from Dec 14-24. We have a 3 yr old child and are traveling on a budget. We plan on spending the weekends with family in Fremont but the weekdays are open for adventure. What should we see/do that doesn't cost a lot and is within a 2 hr drive of Fremont (approx)? We have thought of day trips to San Francisco (GG bridge, cable cars, maybe some museums), time at Fairyland and the Oakland Zoo...what else? We're ok to hotel it a few nights, so overnight in San Francisco or other locations is definitely a possibility. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to do in CA, we are just unfamiliar with the layout of the land and what would be worth it. We're not into skiing or other strenuous events, esp with our 3 yr old in tow! Our days don't need to be packed full of events, we're good with some unscheduled down time too! Thank you so much for your suggestions...
Limited time, limited $ in CA - what do we see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 2 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 3 Chicago in early March 2015 - a dilemma...
- 4 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 5 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 6 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 7 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 8 New York City Restaurants
- 9 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 10 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 11 Boston/Fenway park
- 12 California self drive trip
- 13 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 14 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 15 Timeshare Nightmares
- 16 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 17 10 day trip to California
- 18 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 19 Oregon, Washington, Amtrak
- 20 Drive along the Columbia River
- 21 Wine Country Picnic
- 22 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 23 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 24 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 25 Recommendations for four days in Las Vegas