Hi, we're going to be in CA from Dec 14-24. We have a 3 yr old child and are traveling on a budget. We plan on spending the weekends with family in Fremont but the weekdays are open for adventure. What should we see/do that doesn't cost a lot and is within a 2 hr drive of Fremont (approx)? We have thought of day trips to San Francisco (GG bridge, cable cars, maybe some museums), time at Fairyland and the Oakland Zoo...what else? We're ok to hotel it a few nights, so overnight in San Francisco or other locations is definitely a possibility. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to do in CA, we are just unfamiliar with the layout of the land and what would be worth it. We're not into skiing or other strenuous events, esp with our 3 yr old in tow! Our days don't need to be packed full of events, we're good with some unscheduled down time too! Thank you so much for your suggestions...
Limited time, limited $ in CA - what do we see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 2 Visiting Denver
- 3 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 4 Denver in a half day
- 5 Visiting Denver
- 6 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 7 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 8 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 9 First family ski trip
- 10 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 11 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 12 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 13 Oahu ideas
- 14 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 15 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 16 Best places to move to Florida?
- 17 West Coast Bound End of March
- 18 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 19 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 20 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 21 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 22 Key Largo, FL
- 23 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 24 Death Valley in June
- 25 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle