Hi, we're going to be in CA from Dec 14-24. We have a 3 yr old child and are traveling on a budget. We plan on spending the weekends with family in Fremont but the weekdays are open for adventure. What should we see/do that doesn't cost a lot and is within a 2 hr drive of Fremont (approx)? We have thought of day trips to San Francisco (GG bridge, cable cars, maybe some museums), time at Fairyland and the Oakland Zoo...what else? We're ok to hotel it a few nights, so overnight in San Francisco or other locations is definitely a possibility. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to do in CA, we are just unfamiliar with the layout of the land and what would be worth it. We're not into skiing or other strenuous events, esp with our 3 yr old in tow! Our days don't need to be packed full of events, we're good with some unscheduled down time too! Thank you so much for your suggestions...
Limited time, limited $ in CA - what do we see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 2 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 3 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 4 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 5 Self guided White House tour
- 6 Los Angeles day trips
- 7 middlebury vt snow
- 8 Tybee Island?... hilton head? help please?
- 9 Northwest USA
- 10 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 11 LA for a day and a half
- 12 Texas
- 13 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 14 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 15 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 16 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 17 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 18 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 19 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 20 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 21 Moving to CT
- 22 Hotels Philly
- 23 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 24 Ackislander
- 25 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March