Hi, we're going to be in CA from Dec 14-24. We have a 3 yr old child and are traveling on a budget. We plan on spending the weekends with family in Fremont but the weekdays are open for adventure. What should we see/do that doesn't cost a lot and is within a 2 hr drive of Fremont (approx)? We have thought of day trips to San Francisco (GG bridge, cable cars, maybe some museums), time at Fairyland and the Oakland Zoo...what else? We're ok to hotel it a few nights, so overnight in San Francisco or other locations is definitely a possibility. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to do in CA, we are just unfamiliar with the layout of the land and what would be worth it. We're not into skiing or other strenuous events, esp with our 3 yr old in tow! Our days don't need to be packed full of events, we're good with some unscheduled down time too! Thank you so much for your suggestions...
Limited time, limited $ in CA - what do we see?
View all United States activity »
- 1 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 2 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 3 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 4 hotel near Met NYC
- 5 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 6 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 7 Princeville in January
- 8 Good mobile booking apps for Kansas City area
- 9 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 10 Warm and don't Drive
- 11 RIP Judy Rogers
- 12 pa to az
- 13 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 14 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 15 Savanah Sojourn
- 16 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 17 Christmas Day Dinner in Charleston SC
- 18 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 19 Calling Cards for Hawaii Travelers?
- 20 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 21 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 22 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 23 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 24 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 25 Yountville or Napa in February??