Hi, we're going to be in CA from Dec 14-24. We have a 3 yr old child and are traveling on a budget. We plan on spending the weekends with family in Fremont but the weekdays are open for adventure. What should we see/do that doesn't cost a lot and is within a 2 hr drive of Fremont (approx)? We have thought of day trips to San Francisco (GG bridge, cable cars, maybe some museums), time at Fairyland and the Oakland Zoo...what else? We're ok to hotel it a few nights, so overnight in San Francisco or other locations is definitely a possibility. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to do in CA, we are just unfamiliar with the layout of the land and what would be worth it. We're not into skiing or other strenuous events, esp with our 3 yr old in tow! Our days don't need to be packed full of events, we're good with some unscheduled down time too! Thank you so much for your suggestions...
Limited time, limited $ in CA - what do we see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family friendly weekend get away not far from Chicago
- 2 New Orleans
- 3 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 4 New Mexico - Where Would You Go?
- 5 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 6 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 7 Seattle - newby questions
- 8 California: Getty museum
- 9 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 10 Washington DC - where to stay & commute
- 11 NYC hotel/July
- 12 Alaska Marine highway - worth the 2 day trip?
- 13 tip for valet parking
- 14 Fun Home now on Broadway
- 15 Last Minute help needed! Santa Cruz? Capitola? San Jose? Los Gatos?
- 16 Grand Circle Road Trip with Older Parents
- 17 Restaurants Chicago June
- 18 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 19 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 20 Girlfriends getaway in San Francisco
- 21 Sheraton Maui or Maui Marriott Ocean Club
- 22 NYC with my 13 year old
- 23 Would a Annual Park pass be worth it?
- 24 Girls' Getaway
- 25 Seattle Visit April