Hi, we're going to be in CA from Dec 14-24. We have a 3 yr old child and are traveling on a budget. We plan on spending the weekends with family in Fremont but the weekdays are open for adventure. What should we see/do that doesn't cost a lot and is within a 2 hr drive of Fremont (approx)? We have thought of day trips to San Francisco (GG bridge, cable cars, maybe some museums), time at Fairyland and the Oakland Zoo...what else? We're ok to hotel it a few nights, so overnight in San Francisco or other locations is definitely a possibility. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to do in CA, we are just unfamiliar with the layout of the land and what would be worth it. We're not into skiing or other strenuous events, esp with our 3 yr old in tow! Our days don't need to be packed full of events, we're good with some unscheduled down time too! Thank you so much for your suggestions...
Limited time, limited $ in CA - what do we see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 2 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 3 dinah shore weekend Palm Springs
- 4 Theater Historians
- 5 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 6 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 7 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 8 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 9 Triple threat storms and lava flow
- 10 Boston hotel & transportation
- 11 Nashville Trip Report: July 2014
- 12 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 13 NBA tickets??
- 14 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 15 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 16 Air Connections on Maui
- 17 hilton capital
- 18 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 19 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 20 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 21 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 22 Help me with creating a work of art
- 23 4-5 days in L.A.-Need suggestions
- 24 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 25 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?