In late May or early June I will be driving from Minneapolis to Portland by myself almost all of which is interstate (I-94, 90 & 84). However, I would like to make a couple stops to see where Lewis & Clark traveled in 1804-06. An alternative route through Idaho known as The Lewis & Clark Hwy is state route 12 from Missoula (MT) to Lowell, Orofino and Lewiston, a distance of about 200 miles. I am concerned this may be lots of steep grades, turning and twisting and little traffic all of which I wish to avoid driving by myself. I may wish to spend the night in this area. CAN ANYONE COMMENT ON THE ROAD CONDITIONS OF THIS ROUTE COMPARED TO I-90 FARTHER TO THE NORTH?
Lewis And Clark HWY Rt 12 vs I-90
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 2 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 3 Door County Suggestions
- 4 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 5 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 6 February 2015 Florida getaway for couples
- 7 The island of Hawaii--half a trip report!!!
- 8 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 9 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 10 Visiting Denver
- 11 Visiting Denver
- 12 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 13 NYC theatre broadway
- 14 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 15 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 16 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 17 New Yorkers,,,Yea!!
- 18 San Diego parks and attractions
- 19 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 20 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 21 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 22 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 23 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 24 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 25 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??