In late May or early June I will be driving from Minneapolis to Portland by myself almost all of which is interstate (I-94, 90 & 84). However, I would like to make a couple stops to see where Lewis & Clark traveled in 1804-06. An alternative route through Idaho known as The Lewis & Clark Hwy is state route 12 from Missoula (MT) to Lowell, Orofino and Lewiston, a distance of about 200 miles. I am concerned this may be lots of steep grades, turning and twisting and little traffic all of which I wish to avoid driving by myself. I may wish to spend the night in this area. CAN ANYONE COMMENT ON THE ROAD CONDITIONS OF THIS ROUTE COMPARED TO I-90 FARTHER TO THE NORTH?
Lewis And Clark HWY Rt 12 vs I-90
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Napa/Sonoma - Has anyone stayed at this House Rental in Glen Ellen?
- 2 Circle Oahu / luau
- 3 Oceanfront condo rentals in Maui?
- 4 NYC theatre broadway
- 5 Between Clearwater and Anna Maria island
- 6 Backpacking in April
- 7 Nice town to sleep/dine in near I-95 between Baltimore and DC
- 8 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 9 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 10 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 11 Four days in DC
- 12 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 13 Just to clarify, Lodging in Yellowstone
- 14 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 15 3 nights in Nashville
- 16 One Night at Logan Airport
- 17 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 18 Please help with itinerary
- 19 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 20 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 21 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 22 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 23 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 24 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 25 "Off the beaten path" road trip from Vail, CO