In late May or early June I will be driving from Minneapolis to Portland by myself almost all of which is interstate (I-94, 90 & 84). However, I would like to make a couple stops to see where Lewis & Clark traveled in 1804-06. An alternative route through Idaho known as The Lewis & Clark Hwy is state route 12 from Missoula (MT) to Lowell, Orofino and Lewiston, a distance of about 200 miles. I am concerned this may be lots of steep grades, turning and twisting and little traffic all of which I wish to avoid driving by myself. I may wish to spend the night in this area. CAN ANYONE COMMENT ON THE ROAD CONDITIONS OF THIS ROUTE COMPARED TO I-90 FARTHER TO THE NORTH?
Lewis And Clark HWY Rt 12 vs I-90
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 2 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 3 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 4 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 5 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 6 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 7 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 8 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 9 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 10 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 11 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 12 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 13 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 14 New York City Restaurants
- 15 Dining in D.C.
- 16 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 17 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 18 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 19 Jersey City Parking
- 20 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 21 Washington DC Metro
- 22 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 23 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 24 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 25 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone