Hello. We are going to be in North Carolina in July. We are looking for a less crowded less commercial beach. In the past we have LOVED Oak Island, really enjoyed the Outer Banks (in September!), and not cared as much for Atlantic Beach. Our kids like the activities and action they think they will find in Myrtle Beach--I dread it. Is there a beach we can use as a compromise? I had considered Holden Beach and driving to the Myrtle Beach area or Litchfield Beach. Has anyone been here? Are there other suggestions? We prefer to rent a house versus a condo but we are most concerned about not being at Gatlinburg on the beach. Thanks.
Less commercial beach?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 2 replica designer handbags
- 3 Portland Maine Hotels
- 4 San Diego parks and attractions
- 5 Help choosing Chicago hotel
- 6 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 7 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 8 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 9 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 10 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 11 united and carry-ons
- 12 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 13 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 14 Cape Cod in early April
- 15 USA with a 3 year old
- 16 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 17 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 18 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 19 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 20 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 21 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 22 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 23 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 24 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 25 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii