Hello. We are going to be in North Carolina in July. We are looking for a less crowded less commercial beach. In the past we have LOVED Oak Island, really enjoyed the Outer Banks (in September!), and not cared as much for Atlantic Beach. Our kids like the activities and action they think they will find in Myrtle Beach--I dread it. Is there a beach we can use as a compromise? I had considered Holden Beach and driving to the Myrtle Beach area or Litchfield Beach. Has anyone been here? Are there other suggestions? We prefer to rent a house versus a condo but we are most concerned about not being at Gatlinburg on the beach. Thanks.
Less commercial beach?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 2 Connecticut River Byway
- 3 Seafood
- 4 Oregon Wildfire Reports
- 5 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 6 Boston
- 7 Road Trip SW
- 8 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 9 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 10 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 11 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 12 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 13 moving to florida
- 14 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 15 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 16 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 17 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 18 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 19 Ogunquit Family Get Together
- 20 Boston/Salem with kids
- 21 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 22 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 23 San Diego farmer's markets
- 24 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 25 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?