Hello. We are going to be in North Carolina in July. We are looking for a less crowded less commercial beach. In the past we have LOVED Oak Island, really enjoyed the Outer Banks (in September!), and not cared as much for Atlantic Beach. Our kids like the activities and action they think they will find in Myrtle Beach--I dread it. Is there a beach we can use as a compromise? I had considered Holden Beach and driving to the Myrtle Beach area or Litchfield Beach. Has anyone been here? Are there other suggestions? We prefer to rent a house versus a condo but we are most concerned about not being at Gatlinburg on the beach. Thanks.
Less commercial beach?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best ( not cheapest) way from EWR to Upper West Side
- 2 Moving from Salt Lake City UT to Dallas TX
- 3 New York City - apartment locations
- 4 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 5 Murray Hill NYC restaurants
- 6 San Jose Airport to Paso Robles
- 7 Notom-Burr or Rt 12 from Capitol Reef to Bryce
- 8 Girls' Getaway
- 9 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 10 Car Rental in Sedona
- 11 places to stay south coast long island NY
- 12 NYC hotel/July
- 13 3-Days Driving from Denver to Santa Fe: Suggestions?
- 14 Final dinner in NYC recommendations
- 15 new york subway help please
- 16 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 17 las vegas, zion, bryce , grandcanyon, page (antelope canyon), sedona,
- 18 Local Bus from Lake Powell resort to Page, AZ
- 19 Calling card for land line phones in National Parks in the western states
- 20 Overnight at the airport or into Manhattan at midnight?
- 21 East coast itinerary for 10 days from Toronto
- 22 Sheraton Maui or Maui Marriott Ocean Club
- 23 Vegas,Sedona,GC,Page,Bryce,Zion
- 24 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 25 NYC with my 13 year old