Hello. We are going to be in North Carolina in July. We are looking for a less crowded less commercial beach. In the past we have LOVED Oak Island, really enjoyed the Outer Banks (in September!), and not cared as much for Atlantic Beach. Our kids like the activities and action they think they will find in Myrtle Beach--I dread it. Is there a beach we can use as a compromise? I had considered Holden Beach and driving to the Myrtle Beach area or Litchfield Beach. Has anyone been here? Are there other suggestions? We prefer to rent a house versus a condo but we are most concerned about not being at Gatlinburg on the beach. Thanks.
Less commercial beach?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California: Sonoma/ San Fran/ Carmel
- 2 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 3 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 4 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 5 Have you done an aquarium sleepover?
- 6 DC, Philadelphia, New York, Maine, Acadia NP and Niagara Falls in 11 days?
- 7 Looking for a beach front place from central to northern Cal
- 8 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 9 New York Yankee Station
- 10 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 11 Day Trip OUT of Los Angeles
- 12 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 13 Roads into Estes Park
- 14 Whale watching
- 15 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 16 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 17 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 18 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 19 Houston in September
- 20 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 21 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 22 Great Girls' Weekend in NYC!
- 23 Road Trip
- 24 New York City Restaurants
- 25 Best Sonoma Wineries for Group Visit