Hello. We are going to be in North Carolina in July. We are looking for a less crowded less commercial beach. In the past we have LOVED Oak Island, really enjoyed the Outer Banks (in September!), and not cared as much for Atlantic Beach. Our kids like the activities and action they think they will find in Myrtle Beach--I dread it. Is there a beach we can use as a compromise? I had considered Holden Beach and driving to the Myrtle Beach area or Litchfield Beach. Has anyone been here? Are there other suggestions? We prefer to rent a house versus a condo but we are most concerned about not being at Gatlinburg on the beach. Thanks.
Less commercial beach?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 2 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 3 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 4 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 5 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 6 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 7 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 8 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 9 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???
- 10 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 11 Kennedy Space Center
- 12 Jersey City Parking
- 13 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 14 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 15 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 16 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 17 Asheville NC without a car
- 18 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 19 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 20 Myrtle Beach
- 21 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 22 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 23 Colorado in the summer!
- 24 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 25 let's do a new Hawaii countdown