Hello. We are going to be in North Carolina in July. We are looking for a less crowded less commercial beach. In the past we have LOVED Oak Island, really enjoyed the Outer Banks (in September!), and not cared as much for Atlantic Beach. Our kids like the activities and action they think they will find in Myrtle Beach--I dread it. Is there a beach we can use as a compromise? I had considered Holden Beach and driving to the Myrtle Beach area or Litchfield Beach. Has anyone been here? Are there other suggestions? We prefer to rent a house versus a condo but we are most concerned about not being at Gatlinburg on the beach. Thanks.
Less commercial beach?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 2 US Southwest
- 3 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 4 Limousine Service
- 5 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 6 Yellowstone in late Sept - early October
- 7 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 8 Saga Dawa Festival on 01 June 2015
- 9 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 10 Restaurant Recommendations in Tucson
- 11 Dulles to DC at 2:00 a.m with kids - Taxi or Rental Car.
- 12 Hawaii: Is it warm right now? How about the water?
- 13 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 14 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 15 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 16 Seattle Visit April
- 17 Grand Teton in October
- 18 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 19 Morning in miami
- 20 Cumberland Island and Surrounding Area
- 21 Trip Update: Road trip from GA to NY on student budget
- 22 Whidbey Island inns that allow kids
- 23 1 day in the Tampa/St Pete's area- what to do?
- 24 Best destination for east coast beach vacation in August?
- 25 Yet Another Yellowstone/Glacier/Grand Teton Trip Request For Help