Hello. We are going to be in North Carolina in July. We are looking for a less crowded less commercial beach. In the past we have LOVED Oak Island, really enjoyed the Outer Banks (in September!), and not cared as much for Atlantic Beach. Our kids like the activities and action they think they will find in Myrtle Beach--I dread it. Is there a beach we can use as a compromise? I had considered Holden Beach and driving to the Myrtle Beach area or Litchfield Beach. Has anyone been here? Are there other suggestions? We prefer to rent a house versus a condo but we are most concerned about not being at Gatlinburg on the beach. Thanks.
Less commercial beach?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 2 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 3 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 4 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 5 Self guided White House tour
- 6 Los Angeles day trips
- 7 middlebury vt snow
- 8 Tybee Island?... hilton head? help please?
- 9 Northwest USA
- 10 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 11 LA for a day and a half
- 12 Texas
- 13 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 14 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 15 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 16 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 17 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 18 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 19 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 20 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 21 Moving to CT
- 22 Hotels Philly
- 23 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 24 Ackislander
- 25 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March