Hello. We are going to be in North Carolina in July. We are looking for a less crowded less commercial beach. In the past we have LOVED Oak Island, really enjoyed the Outer Banks (in September!), and not cared as much for Atlantic Beach. Our kids like the activities and action they think they will find in Myrtle Beach--I dread it. Is there a beach we can use as a compromise? I had considered Holden Beach and driving to the Myrtle Beach area or Litchfield Beach. Has anyone been here? Are there other suggestions? We prefer to rent a house versus a condo but we are most concerned about not being at Gatlinburg on the beach. Thanks.
Less commercial beach?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 2 Best accomodation in LA on a budget
- 3 NYC
- 4 Please help me with my Minnesota itinerary
- 5 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 6 Detroit, MI to Portland or bust.
- 7 Toronto to Coastal Maine 1 Week Road Trip
- 8 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 9 Safari Desert Boots by Bata
- 10 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 11 Las Vegas - what to do solo
- 12 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 13 Montreal - 3 Day Trip
- 14 Seattle: Something Different?
- 15 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 16 Back from Miami Beach
- 17 Finger Lakes Itinerary Help
- 18 Blue Ridge Parkway Help!
- 19 Staying in Hollywood or Santa Monica area?
- 20 Boston GTG? 7/17/14
- 21 Which National Park/s with 7-year-old & possibly grandparents
- 22 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 23 Exciting new play opening at DR 2 Theatre, New York City, on July 24 2014
- 24 Can Anyone Suggest Me Tourism Evolution Services ?
- 25 Grand Canyon helicopter tour from Las Vegas