Hello. We are going to be in North Carolina in July. We are looking for a less crowded less commercial beach. In the past we have LOVED Oak Island, really enjoyed the Outer Banks (in September!), and not cared as much for Atlantic Beach. Our kids like the activities and action they think they will find in Myrtle Beach--I dread it. Is there a beach we can use as a compromise? I had considered Holden Beach and driving to the Myrtle Beach area or Litchfield Beach. Has anyone been here? Are there other suggestions? We prefer to rent a house versus a condo but we are most concerned about not being at Gatlinburg on the beach. Thanks.
Less commercial beach?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Key West Dry Tortugas
- 2 A few NYC questions about 9/11 memorial tours and more.
- 3 Vegas hotels for families
- 4 best area to stay in san diego
- 5 Pizza Recs in the Bronx Area
- 6 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 7 East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.
- 8 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 9 Two airports to choose from?
- 10 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 11 layover
- 12 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 13 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 14 Which cross-country route, I-40 or I-80?
- 15 Part Four of an 18 Day RV trip - Homer
- 16 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 17 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 18 Kayaking to Chinaman Hat/Kaneohe Bay Sandbar/offshore Islands in Dec?
- 19 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 20 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 21 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?
- 22 Road trip itinerary
- 23 Alexandria, VA Marriott Residence Inn et al
- 24 Part one of an 18 Day RV trip - Talkeetna
- 25 Two 64 year old buddies on A week trip