Hello. We are going to be in North Carolina in July. We are looking for a less crowded less commercial beach. In the past we have LOVED Oak Island, really enjoyed the Outer Banks (in September!), and not cared as much for Atlantic Beach. Our kids like the activities and action they think they will find in Myrtle Beach--I dread it. Is there a beach we can use as a compromise? I had considered Holden Beach and driving to the Myrtle Beach area or Litchfield Beach. Has anyone been here? Are there other suggestions? We prefer to rent a house versus a condo but we are most concerned about not being at Gatlinburg on the beach. Thanks.
Less commercial beach?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 2 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 3 Need a recommendation for lodging on Kauai (North or South side of Island)
- 4 Car rentals- San Francisco
- 5 Berkshires
- 6 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 7 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 8 Sea world San Diego
- 9 Fiery Furnace Hike in Arches national park
- 10 Jersey Shore to NYC?
- 11 Portland to San Fransisco in 7 days in mid March
- 12 Prince of Wales or Many Glacier? WHY?
- 13 Las Vegas in March
- 14 Just started to plan my Mid-March visit to Alaska!
- 15 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 16 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 17 September Long Weekend in SW Colorado
- 18 Clearwater visit.
- 19 Centrally located hotel in Philadelphia
- 20 Glacier National Park 10 Days
- 21 2nd Trip to Alaska, Looking for some off the beaten path suggestions
- 22 Bear Viewing in Alaska in early June... Any cost effective recommendations?
- 23 hotels near Denali
- 24 Dessert with a view in Monterey?
- 25 Lunch on the Turquoise Trail