Hello. We are going to be in North Carolina in July. We are looking for a less crowded less commercial beach. In the past we have LOVED Oak Island, really enjoyed the Outer Banks (in September!), and not cared as much for Atlantic Beach. Our kids like the activities and action they think they will find in Myrtle Beach--I dread it. Is there a beach we can use as a compromise? I had considered Holden Beach and driving to the Myrtle Beach area or Litchfield Beach. Has anyone been here? Are there other suggestions? We prefer to rent a house versus a condo but we are most concerned about not being at Gatlinburg on the beach. Thanks.
Less commercial beach?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 2 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 3 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 4 Visiting Denver
- 5 Visiting Denver
- 6 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 7 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 8 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 9 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 10 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 11 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 12 Denver in a half day
- 13 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 14 First family ski trip
- 15 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 16 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 17 Oahu ideas
- 18 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 19 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 20 Best places to move to Florida?
- 21 West Coast Bound End of March
- 22 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 23 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 24 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 25 Vacation rentals in Tucson