Hello. We are going to be in North Carolina in July. We are looking for a less crowded less commercial beach. In the past we have LOVED Oak Island, really enjoyed the Outer Banks (in September!), and not cared as much for Atlantic Beach. Our kids like the activities and action they think they will find in Myrtle Beach--I dread it. Is there a beach we can use as a compromise? I had considered Holden Beach and driving to the Myrtle Beach area or Litchfield Beach. Has anyone been here? Are there other suggestions? We prefer to rent a house versus a condo but we are most concerned about not being at Gatlinburg on the beach. Thanks.
Less commercial beach?
View all United States activity »
- 1 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 2 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 3 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 4 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 5 Where should I move to?
- 6 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 7 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 8 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 9 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 10 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 11 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 12 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 13 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 Fripp island
- 16 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 17 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 18 Hotel near Public Theater
- 19 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 20 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 21 San Antonio
- 22 hotel near Met NYC
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 Oahu Information
- 25 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013