Hello. We are going to be in North Carolina in July. We are looking for a less crowded less commercial beach. In the past we have LOVED Oak Island, really enjoyed the Outer Banks (in September!), and not cared as much for Atlantic Beach. Our kids like the activities and action they think they will find in Myrtle Beach--I dread it. Is there a beach we can use as a compromise? I had considered Holden Beach and driving to the Myrtle Beach area or Litchfield Beach. Has anyone been here? Are there other suggestions? We prefer to rent a house versus a condo but we are most concerned about not being at Gatlinburg on the beach. Thanks.
Less commercial beach?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 West Coast Road Trip
- 2 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 3 Looking for Next Destination
- 4 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 5 Dressing up for theatre in new york
- 6 Travel between Maui and Big Island
- 7 St. Simon, Georgia
- 8 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 9 Moving to New Jersey
- 10 Dec / Jan in the USA- advice
- 11 Trip Report - New York & Washington DC – May 30 – June 4, 2014
- 12 Need Minnesota leaf color reports
- 13 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 14 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 15 Petoskey Fall Break?
- 16 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 17 California
- 18 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 19 4 day trip from Denver this fall - First time in the Rockies - Where to go?
- 20 Maui itinerary
- 21 Door County with a Dog - trip in progress
- 22 Car Needed in Austin?
- 23 Provincetown: Parking in City Lots and Restaurant Recommendations
- 24 New Orleans Weekend
- 25 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights