Hello. We are going to be in North Carolina in July. We are looking for a less crowded less commercial beach. In the past we have LOVED Oak Island, really enjoyed the Outer Banks (in September!), and not cared as much for Atlantic Beach. Our kids like the activities and action they think they will find in Myrtle Beach--I dread it. Is there a beach we can use as a compromise? I had considered Holden Beach and driving to the Myrtle Beach area or Litchfield Beach. Has anyone been here? Are there other suggestions? We prefer to rent a house versus a condo but we are most concerned about not being at Gatlinburg on the beach. Thanks.
Less commercial beach?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 3 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 4 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 5 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 6 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 7 charleston during Christmas Week
- 8 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 9 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 10 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 11 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 12 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 13 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 14 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 15 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 16 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 17 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 18 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 19 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 20 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 21 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 22 Key West Hotel in January
- 23 los angeles restaurants
- 24 West Maui Restaurants
- 25 2 or 3 nights in Hana