I'm planning a trip to the Virginia area and am hoping to get in visits to Appomattox and Harpers Ferry (on different days). My current itinerary has us getting to each place around 4 pm. I've read on the NPS site that the Appomattox vistor's center closes at 5 and Harpers Ferry also closes at 5.
I'm wondering if an hour is enough time to visit these places? Also, can one still stroll the grounds after 5 and it's just the buildings themselves that would be locked up then?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 LEXMARK 1800:681:7208 installations CONTACT ☎ LEXMARK printer TEC*h 24/7
- 2 8 day Road Trip! Spokane to New Orleans
- 3 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 4 usa roadtrip
- 5 Yellowstone/Glacier - a cabin with a view
- 6 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 7 arizona rte 66
- 8 Where to live in the North East
- 9 Hawaii and...where?
- 10 Short Oregon Trip
- 11 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 12 Cruising the Cs: Canyon de Chelly, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef
- 13 Secaucus as base for New York 3 days-advice
- 14 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 15 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 16 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 17 Another Great DC Trip
- 18 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 19 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 20 Black History Museum
- 21 Wash DC VRBO recommendation
- 22 Chicago 2017
- 23 How much time in Badlands?
- 24 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 25 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
Late visits to Appomattox Court House and Harpers Ferry National Parks?