I'm planning a trip to the Virginia area and am hoping to get in visits to Appomattox and Harpers Ferry (on different days). My current itinerary has us getting to each place around 4 pm. I've read on the NPS site that the Appomattox vistor's center closes at 5 and Harpers Ferry also closes at 5.
I'm wondering if an hour is enough time to visit these places? Also, can one still stroll the grounds after 5 and it's just the buildings themselves that would be locked up then?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 I want the ultimate cabin away
- 2 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 3 Kathie & Cheryl's notes from Kauai 2017
- 4 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 5 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 6 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 7 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 8 Small beach town like Seaside, FL?
- 9 flagstaff
- 10 San Fransisco to Seattle Drive
- 11 US Trip
- 12 San Francisco, Portland, & Seattle Honeymoon
- 13 Holmes Beach, Anna Maria Island, Florida
- 14 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 15 DC GTG Dinner at Carmine's, April 29
- 16 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 17 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 18 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 19 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 20 Dinner with two 12 year old boys
- 21 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 22 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 23 Carrizo Plain National Monument Wildflower "Superbloom"
- 24 Austin, Hotel
- 25 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
Late visits to Appomattox Court House and Harpers Ferry National Parks?