I'm planning a trip to the Virginia area and am hoping to get in visits to Appomattox and Harpers Ferry (on different days). My current itinerary has us getting to each place around 4 pm. I've read on the NPS site that the Appomattox vistor's center closes at 5 and Harpers Ferry also closes at 5.
I'm wondering if an hour is enough time to visit these places? Also, can one still stroll the grounds after 5 and it's just the buildings themselves that would be locked up then?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tenant Placement Baltimore
- 2 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 3 San Francisco to Monterey Bay Time?
- 4 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 5 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 6 Inexpensive family getaways
- 7 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest
- 8 San Francisco to Indianapolis road trip with young kids
- 9 Rocky Mountain National Park early June
- 10 New York best app
- 11 Last minute: late lunch near Neue Gallerie?
- 12 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 13 Hawaii Cruise
- 14 Help Flying to Portland, Maine
- 15 Best City/Place to stopover between Seattle & San Francisco
- 16 Plymouth or Cape Code/NEED help
- 17 Seattle, Portand, Hood River with kids- short notice
- 18 kauai
- 19 new england - a deer, a moose and a black bear too
- 20 San Fran & Napa 5/20/2016 - 5/25/2016
- 21 Which Island for a 3 week base over Christmas New Year?
- 22 First time to Alaska
- 23 Hawaii - where?
- 24 BBQ
- 25 Broiled Chicken and Sour Milk Biscuits in Delaware?
Late visits to Appomattox Court House and Harpers Ferry National Parks?