I'm planning a trip to the Virginia area and am hoping to get in visits to Appomattox and Harpers Ferry (on different days). My current itinerary has us getting to each place around 4 pm. I've read on the NPS site that the Appomattox vistor's center closes at 5 and Harpers Ferry also closes at 5.
I'm wondering if an hour is enough time to visit these places? Also, can one still stroll the grounds after 5 and it's just the buildings themselves that would be locked up then?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago Hotel Recommendations
- 2 Spur of moment trip to CA, best way to spend our time
- 3 First time Disney & Legoland hotel suggestions and any advice please
- 4 South Beach in October
- 5 Sheraton Hotel at Bradley Airport. Conn
- 6 Casinos near Anaheim, CA?
- 7 Tksgiving trip Anacortes or Whidbey Island?
- 8 Seattle first timers....outdoor trip in October
- 9 Cross-Country trip advice
- 10 Finding Steve Perry
- 11 las vegas anyone
- 12 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food
- 13 University of Florida Public Campus Parking
- 14 One day coastal New England fall foliage
- 15 San Jose to Napa Valley
- 16 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 17 Fall colours first 2 weeks of October Boston area
- 18 Parking Downtown St. Louis
- 19 Zion, Bryce, Monument, Grand Canyon, Death Valley Yosemite Itinerary help!
- 20 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Policy
- 21 Monday Morning Traffic to Laguardia from NW CT
- 22 arizona and utah 14 night circle
- 23 Mendocino County Wineries?
- 24 California Channel Island Santa Cruz Snorkeling
- 25 Yoga Retreats
Late visits to Appomattox Court House and Harpers Ferry National Parks?