I'm planning a trip to the Virginia area and am hoping to get in visits to Appomattox and Harpers Ferry (on different days). My current itinerary has us getting to each place around 4 pm. I've read on the NPS site that the Appomattox vistor's center closes at 5 and Harpers Ferry also closes at 5.
I'm wondering if an hour is enough time to visit these places? Also, can one still stroll the grounds after 5 and it's just the buildings themselves that would be locked up then?
Late visits to Appomattox Court House and Harpers Ferry National Parks?
- 1 Question about Boulder area
- 2 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 3 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 4 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 5 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 6 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 7 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 8 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 9 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 10 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 11 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 12 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 13 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 14 Biloxi questions again
- 15 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 16 Madison Square Garden
- 17 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 18 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 19 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 20 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 21 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 22 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 23 Warm and don't Drive
- 24 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 25 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed