I'm planning a trip to the Virginia area and am hoping to get in visits to Appomattox and Harpers Ferry (on different days). My current itinerary has us getting to each place around 4 pm. I've read on the NPS site that the Appomattox vistor's center closes at 5 and Harpers Ferry also closes at 5.
I'm wondering if an hour is enough time to visit these places? Also, can one still stroll the grounds after 5 and it's just the buildings themselves that would be locked up then?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving Alaska
- 2 Border crossing
- 3 March in New Mexico
- 4 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
- 5 Yellowstone Hikes questions
- 6 Flowers and Berries in Oregon
- 7 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 8 Back from the Big Easy
- 9 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 10 Cross country tips
- 11 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 12 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 13 Ideas for New York
- 14 Parka in PA during February?
- 15 Restaurants in the San Francisco area
- 16 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 17 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 18 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 19 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 20 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 21 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 22 Rental cars at Tampa cruiseport 3
- 23 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 24 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 25 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
Late visits to Appomattox Court House and Harpers Ferry National Parks?