I'm planning a trip to the Virginia area and am hoping to get in visits to Appomattox and Harpers Ferry (on different days). My current itinerary has us getting to each place around 4 pm. I've read on the NPS site that the Appomattox vistor's center closes at 5 and Harpers Ferry also closes at 5.
I'm wondering if an hour is enough time to visit these places? Also, can one still stroll the grounds after 5 and it's just the buildings themselves that would be locked up then?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California/Yosemite
- 2 Sequoia/Redwoods Large Group Lodging
- 3 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 4 West Coast (San Francisco to San Diego) Road Trip
- 5 Requesting info about location of Hertz rental counter at airport in Kauai
- 6 San Diego, mission valley
- 7 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 8 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 9 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 10 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 11 Sedona to Vegas
- 12 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 13 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 14 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 15 9 days Zion/Bryce from Vegas
- 16 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 17 driving from Atlanta to Denver
- 18 Summer mountains and lakes with kids
- 19 November redwoods trip
- 20 San Fran
- 21 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 22 Seattle?
- 23 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 24 SF and northern California - October
- 25 grand canyon to santa fe in april?
Late visits to Appomattox Court House and Harpers Ferry National Parks?