Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations for a late December trip. We'll probably have 7 days, and we'll be driving. I really don't want it to be more than 15 hours away. We did Gatlinburg, TN last year and had an alright time. I'm not looking for ski towns or even snow necessarily, just some place interesting to get away for a week. We enjoy historical things of all kinds, natural adventures (hiking, caves, etc), dinner shows, shopping, haunted dwellings. Really we're open to anything. I was looking at Colorado Springs because of the caves and mountain dwellings, etc...but I'm not sure how great any of that would be in December. Maybe too cold? I also looked at Branson, but thought it might be a repeat of Gatlinburg...I'm not sure. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Late December vacation ideas within 15 hours of Louisiana??
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Xmas in Key West: Come on Vacation, Leave on Probation
- 2 Coffee shop or dinner recommendations for Fullerton/Anaheim area?
- 3 Utah 2
- 4 Short New York City Weekend Trip report March 2015
- 5 Good restaurants near Griffith Observatory?
- 6 Planning to see chicago with a big family
- 7 Notom-Burr or Rt 12 from Capitol Reef to Bryce
- 8 Pizza Paradise In Pasadena
- 9 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 10 must see and do's in Maui?
- 11 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 12 12-hour layover in Honolulu: What to do?
- 13 Canyon Rides horseback tour of Bryce Canyon
- 14 New York City - apartment locations
- 15 Boston to see Sargent works
- 16 Best ( not cheapest) way from EWR to Upper West Side
- 17 Moving from Salt Lake City UT to Dallas TX
- 18 Murray Hill NYC restaurants
- 19 San Jose Airport to Paso Robles
- 20 Girls' Getaway
- 21 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 22 Car Rental in Sedona
- 23 places to stay south coast long island NY
- 24 NYC hotel/July
- 25 3-Days Driving from Denver to Santa Fe: Suggestions?