Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations for a late December trip. We'll probably have 7 days, and we'll be driving. I really don't want it to be more than 15 hours away. We did Gatlinburg, TN last year and had an alright time. I'm not looking for ski towns or even snow necessarily, just some place interesting to get away for a week. We enjoy historical things of all kinds, natural adventures (hiking, caves, etc), dinner shows, shopping, haunted dwellings. Really we're open to anything. I was looking at Colorado Springs because of the caves and mountain dwellings, etc...but I'm not sure how great any of that would be in December. Maybe too cold? I also looked at Branson, but thought it might be a repeat of Gatlinburg...I'm not sure. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Late December vacation ideas within 15 hours of Louisiana??
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 2 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 3 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 4 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 5 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 6 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 7 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 8 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 9 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 10 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 11 Breckenridge in October
- 12 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 13 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC
- 14 Richmond highlights?
- 15 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 16 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 17 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 18 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 19 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 20 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 21 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 22 Washington DC in Spring?
- 23 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 24 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 25 Must Eats