Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations for a late December trip. We'll probably have 7 days, and we'll be driving. I really don't want it to be more than 15 hours away. We did Gatlinburg, TN last year and had an alright time. I'm not looking for ski towns or even snow necessarily, just some place interesting to get away for a week. We enjoy historical things of all kinds, natural adventures (hiking, caves, etc), dinner shows, shopping, haunted dwellings. Really we're open to anything. I was looking at Colorado Springs because of the caves and mountain dwellings, etc...but I'm not sure how great any of that would be in December. Maybe too cold? I also looked at Branson, but thought it might be a repeat of Gatlinburg...I'm not sure. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Late December vacation ideas within 15 hours of Louisiana??
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Orlando to Savannah
- 2 Dinner in Miami
- 3 Tipping advice
- 4 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 5 Portsmouth NH to NYC
- 6 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 7 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 8 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 9 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 10 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 11 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 12 Met Opera rush tickets - process changed again!
- 13 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 14 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 15 Any edits? San Antonio & Austin Itinerary Dec 31st-Jan 5th or 6th
- 16 Family Reunion Ideas for Maine Coast
- 17 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 18 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 19 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 20 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 21 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 22 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 23 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 24 Christmas weather?
- 25 Big island itinerary