Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations for a late December trip. We'll probably have 7 days, and we'll be driving. I really don't want it to be more than 15 hours away. We did Gatlinburg, TN last year and had an alright time. I'm not looking for ski towns or even snow necessarily, just some place interesting to get away for a week. We enjoy historical things of all kinds, natural adventures (hiking, caves, etc), dinner shows, shopping, haunted dwellings. Really we're open to anything. I was looking at Colorado Springs because of the caves and mountain dwellings, etc...but I'm not sure how great any of that would be in December. Maybe too cold? I also looked at Branson, but thought it might be a repeat of Gatlinburg...I'm not sure. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Late December vacation ideas within 15 hours of Louisiana??
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cabo cancelled, so where shall 14 of us go for childless long wknd??
- 2 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 3 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 4 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 5 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 6 first time in AZ
- 7 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 8 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 9 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 10 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 11 4 week family trip ideas
- 12 Las Vegas to San Francisco in October - best route
- 13 Looking for Next Destination
- 14 Staying at holiday inn express midtown manhattan
- 15 Trip Report - New York & Washington DC – May 30 – June 4, 2014
- 16 Dec / Jan in the USA- advice
- 17 Tucson area flooding
- 18 New England Newbie - Help with 13 night itinerary - October
- 19 TripReport--10 Utah Circle
- 20 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 21 St. Simon, Georgia
- 22 Petoskey Fall Break?
- 23 Moving to New Jersey
- 24 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 25 Which Florida Key for one month stay with infant?