Hey folks! My spouse & I are thinking about a week-long visit to Mount Desert Island for our 20th anniversary in late April 2015. We vacationed there maybe 8 years ago (in autumn) & just loved it. We'll rent a house on some kind of water & focus on lots of easy hiking, photography, exploring in general, mostly cooking for ourselves, and we don't mind cool weather. The only shopping I care about is fun food stores & antique stores (of the cheap collectibles variety). Is late April too early in the year this kind of plan? We have total flexibility with when to go; I just thought it would be nice to go as close to our actual anniversary as is reasonable.
Late April too early for Mount Desert Island?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Northwest USA
- 2 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 3 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 4 Ackislander
- 5 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 6 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 7 san diego or nearby area
- 8 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 9 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 10 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 11 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 12 Moving to CT
- 13 LA for a day and a half
- 14 Hotels Philly
- 15 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 16 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 17 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 18 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 19 Texas
- 20 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 21 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 22 Thanksgiving in Lake Placid / Adirondacks
- 23 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 24 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 25 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC