Hey folks! My spouse & I are thinking about a week-long visit to Mount Desert Island for our 20th anniversary in late April 2015. We vacationed there maybe 8 years ago (in autumn) & just loved it. We'll rent a house on some kind of water & focus on lots of easy hiking, photography, exploring in general, mostly cooking for ourselves, and we don't mind cool weather. The only shopping I care about is fun food stores & antique stores (of the cheap collectibles variety). Is late April too early in the year this kind of plan? We have total flexibility with when to go; I just thought it would be nice to go as close to our actual anniversary as is reasonable.
Late April too early for Mount Desert Island?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sell Cvv, Dumps Track 1&2, Plastic cards and Transfer WU
- 2 Pavtube Back to School Coupons 2014: Giveaway + Biggest Coupons
- 3 Houston in September
- 4 Baggage & Missed Plane Connection Questions
- 5 Seattle to Las Vegas Family Road Trip
- 6 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 7 late-night DC restaurant
- 8 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 9 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 10 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 11 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 12 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 13 Yellowstone Road Closures - Impact Old Faithful
- 14 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 15 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 16 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 17 Exploring New Jersey and New York city
- 18 Trip Report - 4 Days in Olympic National Park
- 19 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 20 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 21 HAWAII: Honolulu Airport Question
- 22 Oahu ideas
- 23 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 24 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 25 cape cod seashore rail trail