Thanks so much with all of your help planning our Carmel-Napa Valley-SF Itinerary. I have a lasy minute question (we leave tomorrow!). We booked a rental car through Dollar, picking up at SFO and returning at O'Farrell Street in downtown SF on Wed morning before we check int our hotel, which is our last full day of the trip and our only full day to explore SF (we have already been and it was not the focus of this trip). This costs a total of $170 for four days rental. I just checked and we only pay $93 total with advantage car rental if we pick the car up and drop it back off at SFO.
Is it worth the $60 savings (once you factor in two BART tickets from SFO to Union Square) to drive all the way to SFO on Wednesday morning and drop the car off there instead of at the downtown location? I am trying to decide how much time this would add to the drive/take away from our time in SF. Google Maps says it only adds 10 minutes, but taking traffic into consideration as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Short trip to San Francisco - report and comment
- 2 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 3 San Francisco to San Diego
- 4 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 5 Vacation Ideas With A 2 years old)?
- 6 Hawaii - where?
- 7 24 days out west
- 8 Pacific Northwest
- 9 New Orleans Streetcars
- 10 Parking in NYC staying at Hotel in Times Squar.. Nervous..e
- 11 Things to do in NYC
- 12 The Most Beautiful Building In Los Angeles? Perhaps The Central Library!
- 13 Universal Express℠ Pass Worth it?
- 14 Sandford Airport
- 15 Shenandoah National park
- 16 Highlights of our return to Kauai
- 17 Public Transport from JAC Airport to Teton Village
- 18 TKS Booth at 47th Street: Help for Return Customers
- 19 Point of Entry wondering.. Help?
- 20 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 21 Butler Wash - Cedar Mesa Utah
- 22 Traveling through MO to Branson
- 23 Which Island for a 3 week base over Christmas New Year?
- 24 Anaheim - no car
- 25 Arizona PHX car rental