Thanks so much with all of your help planning our Carmel-Napa Valley-SF Itinerary. I have a lasy minute question (we leave tomorrow!). We booked a rental car through Dollar, picking up at SFO and returning at O'Farrell Street in downtown SF on Wed morning before we check int our hotel, which is our last full day of the trip and our only full day to explore SF (we have already been and it was not the focus of this trip). This costs a total of $170 for four days rental. I just checked and we only pay $93 total with advantage car rental if we pick the car up and drop it back off at SFO.
Is it worth the $60 savings (once you factor in two BART tickets from SFO to Union Square) to drive all the way to SFO on Wednesday morning and drop the car off there instead of at the downtown location? I am trying to decide how much time this would add to the drive/take away from our time in SF. Google Maps says it only adds 10 minutes, but taking traffic into consideration as well.
Last Minute SFO Rental Car Question
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 2 drive from SF to crater lake
- 3 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 4 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 5 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 6 moving to florida
- 7 Hotel near Miami airport
- 8 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 9 Santa Barbara, California
- 10 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 11 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 12 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 13 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 14 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 15 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 16 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 17 culpepper
- 18 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 19 Princeton, NJ area hotels
- 20 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 21 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 22 Pub with food in Seattle
- 23 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 24 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 25 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around