Thanks so much with all of your help planning our Carmel-Napa Valley-SF Itinerary. I have a lasy minute question (we leave tomorrow!). We booked a rental car through Dollar, picking up at SFO and returning at O'Farrell Street in downtown SF on Wed morning before we check int our hotel, which is our last full day of the trip and our only full day to explore SF (we have already been and it was not the focus of this trip). This costs a total of $170 for four days rental. I just checked and we only pay $93 total with advantage car rental if we pick the car up and drop it back off at SFO.
Is it worth the $60 savings (once you factor in two BART tickets from SFO to Union Square) to drive all the way to SFO on Wednesday morning and drop the car off there instead of at the downtown location? I am trying to decide how much time this would add to the drive/take away from our time in SF. Google Maps says it only adds 10 minutes, but taking traffic into consideration as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 2 A day in Boston
- 3 Universal Orlando 2.5 days
- 4 Detroit - Something Fun to Do?
- 5 1st trip to Colorado
- 6 Niagara Falls.
- 7 Trip Starting from New York
- 8 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 9 Maui in October? Hyatt Regency, or quieter spot??
- 10 Where in NOLA to stay?
- 11 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 12 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 13 road trip during husbands bday
- 14 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 15 Juneau cruise stop
- 16 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago
- 17 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 18 Nat Park Trip in Utah - Too Much??
- 19 California Summer weather/ clothing
- 20 cruising the Mississippi river
- 21 Your favourite places in New York City
- 22 DC to Harrisonburg- need good hike
- 23 New England Canada Road Trip
- 24 Travel between Orlando and Boston.
- 25 The city never sleeps, but we needed to