Thanks so much with all of your help planning our Carmel-Napa Valley-SF Itinerary. I have a lasy minute question (we leave tomorrow!). We booked a rental car through Dollar, picking up at SFO and returning at O'Farrell Street in downtown SF on Wed morning before we check int our hotel, which is our last full day of the trip and our only full day to explore SF (we have already been and it was not the focus of this trip). This costs a total of $170 for four days rental. I just checked and we only pay $93 total with advantage car rental if we pick the car up and drop it back off at SFO.
Is it worth the $60 savings (once you factor in two BART tickets from SFO to Union Square) to drive all the way to SFO on Wednesday morning and drop the car off there instead of at the downtown location? I am trying to decide how much time this would add to the drive/take away from our time in SF. Google Maps says it only adds 10 minutes, but taking traffic into consideration as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ice cream Cape Cod
- 2 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 3 Reagan Library
- 4 US Open Tennis
- 5 Hawaii with limited time
- 6 Southern history- walkable cities
- 7 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 8 Disneyworld from a west coast perspective
- 9 Your favourite places in New York City
- 10 Steamboat in August
- 11 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 12 Hotels in San Diego
- 13 San Diego Marriott Marquis or Omni?
- 14 Suggestions - summer day in New Haven
- 15 Cape cod Labor Day
- 16 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 17 Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion itinerary
- 18 Los Angeles and Beyond
- 19 A Gem of a Restaurant in Long Beach, CA
- 20 Even Disney isn't Disney anymore
- 21 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 22 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 23 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 24 Grand Teton Questions
- 25 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please