My husband and I suddenly have the opportunity to go to Maine for a few days the first week of October. We were thinking the southern coast area and will probably leave Thursday from Connecticut and come back Sunday night. I am trying to plan where to go and stay while my baby naps and my other two boys create havoc around me! Have little time to research and am hoping someone could offer an itinerary idea to help us have a great trip! Wondering if we should stay all three nights in one place or hop around? Many places seem to be booked up.....
About us : We like sightseeing but also a fair amount of relaxation time. Our usual pattern is sightseeing in the morning into afternoon but stopping for early cocktail hour. We like roadtrips but absolutely don't want to spend the entire trip driving. Husband loves boats. I love art, beautiful homes and gardens. We absolutely enjoy nice restaurants, beautiful hotels and maybe even dressing up a little at night if that is relevant for this part of the world.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sarasota, Florida, good value hotels
- 2 Seafood In Cannon Beach
- 3 Athletic Greens is among the most critical elements
- 4 Late night eating in Kauai
- 5 Florida Beach Hotel
- 6 Savannah in st patrick's weekend?
- 7 Phoneix - The City of Sunshine
- 8 Considering a vacation in Texas this year
- 9 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 10 Inn at Cocoa Beach Hotel
- 11 Alaska independent tour for group
- 12 Hamilton Broadway
- 13 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 14 Texas area with nature AND proximity to a city?
- 15 Washington DC with kids
- 16 My road trip through southern US.
- 17 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 18 Florida Nature Trip
- 19 help from a true New Yorker.
- 20 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 21 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 22 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 23 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 24 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 25 Safety Concerns