My husband and I suddenly have the opportunity to go to Maine for a few days the first week of October. We were thinking the southern coast area and will probably leave Thursday from Connecticut and come back Sunday night. I am trying to plan where to go and stay while my baby naps and my other two boys create havoc around me! Have little time to research and am hoping someone could offer an itinerary idea to help us have a great trip! Wondering if we should stay all three nights in one place or hop around? Many places seem to be booked up.....
About us : We like sightseeing but also a fair amount of relaxation time. Our usual pattern is sightseeing in the morning into afternoon but stopping for early cocktail hour. We like roadtrips but absolutely don't want to spend the entire trip driving. Husband loves boats. I love art, beautiful homes and gardens. We absolutely enjoy nice restaurants, beautiful hotels and maybe even dressing up a little at night if that is relevant for this part of the world.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 2 San Diego VRBO area
- 3 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 4 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 5 Glacier National Park 2018
- 6 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 7 Muir Woods in October
- 8 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 9 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 10 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 11 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 12 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 13 Southbound lanes at San Ysidro Border Crossing close for 57 hrs.
- 14 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 15 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 16 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 17 Colorado Shows Off
- 18 New England Tour
- 19 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 20 help me plan a Cali trip
- 21 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 22 10-hour MIA layover ideas?
- 23 Trip to San Francisco in Dec 2017
- 24 Wilmington DE questions
- 25 San Francisco to Seattle in a day (fires in Oregon)