My husband and I suddenly have the opportunity to go to Maine for a few days the first week of October. We were thinking the southern coast area and will probably leave Thursday from Connecticut and come back Sunday night. I am trying to plan where to go and stay while my baby naps and my other two boys create havoc around me! Have little time to research and am hoping someone could offer an itinerary idea to help us have a great trip! Wondering if we should stay all three nights in one place or hop around? Many places seem to be booked up.....
About us : We like sightseeing but also a fair amount of relaxation time. Our usual pattern is sightseeing in the morning into afternoon but stopping for early cocktail hour. We like roadtrips but absolutely don't want to spend the entire trip driving. Husband loves boats. I love art, beautiful homes and gardens. We absolutely enjoy nice restaurants, beautiful hotels and maybe even dressing up a little at night if that is relevant for this part of the world.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park
- 2 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 3 Running kissimmee Florida
- 4 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 5 Car Hire Alamo
- 6 Where to stop from Litchfield Beach to Sharpsburg, Maryland
- 7 Best Movie/TV Studio tours in LA..adults
- 8 Mendocino Hiking
- 9 Paul Gauguin
- 10 Highway 1 motels
- 11 Should we skip Yosemite?
- 12 Pittsburgh Trip
- 13 Berkshires with a toddler
- 14 New Hampshire: start from Portsmouth?
- 15 Getting around in NYC
- 16 The New Whitney
- 17 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 18 View of Empire State Building from street
- 19 11 days SE coast road trip
- 20 Philadelphia hotels near public transportation but not in city center
- 21 Pacific Northwest
- 22 A Week in New York City
- 23 Mackinac or Holland?
- 24 3 weeks No Cal and OR coast trip advise
- 25 Columbia River Gorge - best scenic route in WA or OR?