My husband and I suddenly have the opportunity to go to Maine for a few days the first week of October. We were thinking the southern coast area and will probably leave Thursday from Connecticut and come back Sunday night. I am trying to plan where to go and stay while my baby naps and my other two boys create havoc around me! Have little time to research and am hoping someone could offer an itinerary idea to help us have a great trip! Wondering if we should stay all three nights in one place or hop around? Many places seem to be booked up.....
About us : We like sightseeing but also a fair amount of relaxation time. Our usual pattern is sightseeing in the morning into afternoon but stopping for early cocktail hour. We like roadtrips but absolutely don't want to spend the entire trip driving. Husband loves boats. I love art, beautiful homes and gardens. We absolutely enjoy nice restaurants, beautiful hotels and maybe even dressing up a little at night if that is relevant for this part of the world.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 2 Going to niagara falls but want to go nyc
- 3 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 4 California & Arizona Itinerary
- 5 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 6 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 7 Driving to Yellowstone,Grand Teton and Glacier from MN
- 8 T-shirt One Direction for you
- 9 Roadtrip Around U.S
- 10 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 11 First Time to California
- 12 Paso Robles Wineries/Vineyards
- 13 Vintage Subway Cars in Operation for the 2015 Holiday Season
- 14 Vines in the Auxois Hills Once Again
- 15 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 16 Road Trip from NJ TO SC
- 17 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 18 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 19 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 20 Angels Landing
- 21 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 22 San Francisco and Napa
- 23 San Diego on New Year's Eve
- 24 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 25 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt