My husband and I suddenly have the opportunity to go to Maine for a few days the first week of October. We were thinking the southern coast area and will probably leave Thursday from Connecticut and come back Sunday night. I am trying to plan where to go and stay while my baby naps and my other two boys create havoc around me! Have little time to research and am hoping someone could offer an itinerary idea to help us have a great trip! Wondering if we should stay all three nights in one place or hop around? Many places seem to be booked up.....
About us : We like sightseeing but also a fair amount of relaxation time. Our usual pattern is sightseeing in the morning into afternoon but stopping for early cocktail hour. We like roadtrips but absolutely don't want to spend the entire trip driving. Husband loves boats. I love art, beautiful homes and gardens. We absolutely enjoy nice restaurants, beautiful hotels and maybe even dressing up a little at night if that is relevant for this part of the world.
Last Minute Maine
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York City Restaurants
- 2 Best Sonoma Wineries for Group Visit
- 3 Itinerary for solo traveler to Maui, Hawaii
- 4 San Fran experts: need help with Bay vista points
- 5 Whale watching
- 6 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 7 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 8 Great Girls' Weekend in NYC!
- 9 palm desert, CA
- 10 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 11 New York Trip
- 12 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 13 Road Trip
- 14 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 15 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 16 Houston in September
- 17 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 18 Traffic north on Hwy. 1 in Maine Sat. 9/20 midday
- 19 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 20 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 21 6 Weeks in the U.S./ London with Two 60ish Young At Heart
- 22 Hotels in North Philadelphia
- 23 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 24 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 25 Scouting Mt. Dora, Florida