My husband and I suddenly have the opportunity to go to Maine for a few days the first week of October. We were thinking the southern coast area and will probably leave Thursday from Connecticut and come back Sunday night. I am trying to plan where to go and stay while my baby naps and my other two boys create havoc around me! Have little time to research and am hoping someone could offer an itinerary idea to help us have a great trip! Wondering if we should stay all three nights in one place or hop around? Many places seem to be booked up.....
About us : We like sightseeing but also a fair amount of relaxation time. Our usual pattern is sightseeing in the morning into afternoon but stopping for early cocktail hour. We like roadtrips but absolutely don't want to spend the entire trip driving. Husband loves boats. I love art, beautiful homes and gardens. We absolutely enjoy nice restaurants, beautiful hotels and maybe even dressing up a little at night if that is relevant for this part of the world.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Las Vegas for a second timer
- 2 large suitcase as carry-on on amtrak train
- 3 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 4 Brit worried about weather in Santa Barbara !
- 5 Best Colorado City?: hot summers, mild winters
- 6 Yellowstone in the Winter
- 7 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 8 Taos area Spa or Resort Hotels
- 9 Philadelphia hotels near public transportation but not in city center
- 10 4 Days in LV
- 11 SF to Monterey to Yosemite
- 12 One day in Dallas
- 13 Digital Camera Recommendation
- 14 Biloxi Suggestions
- 15 5 Things Not to Miss in NYC?
- 16 Michigan advice needed
- 17 louisiana bayou
- 18 Acadia National Park/New England States
- 19 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 20 Seattle to San Francisco 3 weeks
- 21 Help with parking at Staten Island ferry
- 22 Visiting NYC - stay in Herlem or Jersey City?
- 23 October in Colorado
- 24 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 25 Yosemite Valley showers