My husband and I suddenly have the opportunity to go to Maine for a few days the first week of October. We were thinking the southern coast area and will probably leave Thursday from Connecticut and come back Sunday night. I am trying to plan where to go and stay while my baby naps and my other two boys create havoc around me! Have little time to research and am hoping someone could offer an itinerary idea to help us have a great trip! Wondering if we should stay all three nights in one place or hop around? Many places seem to be booked up.....
About us : We like sightseeing but also a fair amount of relaxation time. Our usual pattern is sightseeing in the morning into afternoon but stopping for early cocktail hour. We like roadtrips but absolutely don't want to spend the entire trip driving. Husband loves boats. I love art, beautiful homes and gardens. We absolutely enjoy nice restaurants, beautiful hotels and maybe even dressing up a little at night if that is relevant for this part of the world.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 2 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 3 7 Day Photography Road trip from Vegas to Denver during Christmas
- 4 Ideas for New York
- 5 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 6 New York in December
- 7 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 8 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 9 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 10 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 11 Staying outside DC
- 12 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 13 Dallas, Austin, Waco in February
- 14 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 15 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 16 New Years In Asheville with Nature and Beer on the side!
- 17 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 18 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 19 9 days in Olympic NP and Seattle area
- 20 Road trip
- 21 What's your favorite "after theatre" place to eat in NYC??
- 22 Driving from Providence to Ohio in an '82 Volvo with a cat, but...
- 23 Getting married to a French man
- 24 3-week one-way cross country trip in June
- 25 Florida beach recommendation, please