My husband and I suddenly have the opportunity to go to Maine for a few days the first week of October. We were thinking the southern coast area and will probably leave Thursday from Connecticut and come back Sunday night. I am trying to plan where to go and stay while my baby naps and my other two boys create havoc around me! Have little time to research and am hoping someone could offer an itinerary idea to help us have a great trip! Wondering if we should stay all three nights in one place or hop around? Many places seem to be booked up.....
About us : We like sightseeing but also a fair amount of relaxation time. Our usual pattern is sightseeing in the morning into afternoon but stopping for early cocktail hour. We like roadtrips but absolutely don't want to spend the entire trip driving. Husband loves boats. I love art, beautiful homes and gardens. We absolutely enjoy nice restaurants, beautiful hotels and maybe even dressing up a little at night if that is relevant for this part of the world.
Last Minute Maine
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Oom-pa-pa at the Y (our “camping” report) April 2015 St. Louis MO
- 2 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 3 Alaska Trip Planning
- 4 Southern Alabama trip report
- 5 Calling card for land line phones in National Parks in the western states
- 6 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 7 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 8 Atlanta to LA
- 9 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 10 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 11 New York City-New Things?
- 12 SOS....Thunderstorms when we plan to visit NOLA
- 13 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 14 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 15 Navajo Trail in Bryce Canyon -- what to do when Wall Street closed??
- 16 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 17 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 18 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 19 Yes, there are coyotes in Manhattan
- 20 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 21 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 22 Utah: Zion for sure, Arches or Bryce?
- 23 Unique things to do in PA with a 20 month old! (and some adults too!)
- 24 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 25 new york subway help please