My husband and I suddenly have the opportunity to go to Maine for a few days the first week of October. We were thinking the southern coast area and will probably leave Thursday from Connecticut and come back Sunday night. I am trying to plan where to go and stay while my baby naps and my other two boys create havoc around me! Have little time to research and am hoping someone could offer an itinerary idea to help us have a great trip! Wondering if we should stay all three nights in one place or hop around? Many places seem to be booked up.....
About us : We like sightseeing but also a fair amount of relaxation time. Our usual pattern is sightseeing in the morning into afternoon but stopping for early cocktail hour. We like roadtrips but absolutely don't want to spend the entire trip driving. Husband loves boats. I love art, beautiful homes and gardens. We absolutely enjoy nice restaurants, beautiful hotels and maybe even dressing up a little at night if that is relevant for this part of the world.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 6 days in Boston with kids - a lovely family vacation
- 2 My CA itinerary
- 3 Best route in winter from Washington DC to Niagara Falls
- 4 Retiring to Colorado
- 5 Help!! Need a Good NYC car service Please
- 6 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 7 Charleston and Asheville
- 8 4 days in Colorado in December with kids
- 9 On the Road: from Texas to Georgia. questions about NC
- 10 Los Angeles one night only mid week
- 11 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 12 5 day Colorado itinerary- anniversary trip
- 13 Best MGM owned hotel on the Las Vegas Strip?
- 14 Road trip Washington NY Boston
- 15 Ft Lauderdale Hotels on the beach with Balconies
- 16 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 17 NYC: (Mostly) Solo, and (Mostly) No Top Tens!
- 18 Warning About Dollar Rent a Car in Lower Manhattan
- 19 Xmas in new york
- 20 Sanibel-Captiva adult getaway
- 21 Myrtle Beach, N.C.
- 22 Best quality lodging Solitude Utah
- 23 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 24 Casino Del Sol Resort Tucson
- 25 Will be in Palm Springs CA November 14-29, 2015