My husband and I suddenly have the opportunity to go to Maine for a few days the first week of October. We were thinking the southern coast area and will probably leave Thursday from Connecticut and come back Sunday night. I am trying to plan where to go and stay while my baby naps and my other two boys create havoc around me! Have little time to research and am hoping someone could offer an itinerary idea to help us have a great trip! Wondering if we should stay all three nights in one place or hop around? Many places seem to be booked up.....
About us : We like sightseeing but also a fair amount of relaxation time. Our usual pattern is sightseeing in the morning into afternoon but stopping for early cocktail hour. We like roadtrips but absolutely don't want to spend the entire trip driving. Husband loves boats. I love art, beautiful homes and gardens. We absolutely enjoy nice restaurants, beautiful hotels and maybe even dressing up a little at night if that is relevant for this part of the world.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mackinac or Holland?
- 2 Looking for pretty waterfront hotel for weekend trip from Detroit
- 3 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 4 Best beach to try surfing around Monterey/Santa Cruz?
- 5 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 6 Need a short term apartment in BOSTON
- 7 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 8 Alabama vs. Florida Beaches
- 9 Best Place to Stay in Asheville, North Carolina with 80 year old dad
- 10 Photographers Need Maine Driving Itinerary from Fairfield County, CT
- 11 Should we skip Yosemite?
- 12 http://www.getadvancingincome.com/pokemon-fire-red-cheats/
- 13 Highway 1 motels
- 14 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 15 Your Golden Gate Park favorites
- 16 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 17 3 weeks No Cal and OR coast trip advise
- 18 Where are the orcas near Seattle?
- 19 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 20 driving from LA to Portland
- 21 Places to stay in TX...?
- 22 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 23 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 24 San Fran to LA via PCH
- 25 Silverthorne