My husband and I suddenly have the opportunity to go to Maine for a few days the first week of October. We were thinking the southern coast area and will probably leave Thursday from Connecticut and come back Sunday night. I am trying to plan where to go and stay while my baby naps and my other two boys create havoc around me! Have little time to research and am hoping someone could offer an itinerary idea to help us have a great trip! Wondering if we should stay all three nights in one place or hop around? Many places seem to be booked up.....
About us : We like sightseeing but also a fair amount of relaxation time. Our usual pattern is sightseeing in the morning into afternoon but stopping for early cocktail hour. We like roadtrips but absolutely don't want to spend the entire trip driving. Husband loves boats. I love art, beautiful homes and gardens. We absolutely enjoy nice restaurants, beautiful hotels and maybe even dressing up a little at night if that is relevant for this part of the world.
Last Minute Maine
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sea world San Diego
- 2 Ft. Myers Beach Hotels
- 3 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 4 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 5 Jersey Shore to NYC?
- 6 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 7 September Long Weekend in SW Colorado
- 8 Alaska cruise on Celebrity Solstice
- 9 Road Trip From Miami to New York, Ideas please!
- 10 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 11 Car rentals- San Francisco
- 12 Berkshires
- 13 Chicago - Girl Scout Itinerary
- 14 Montana- what are must see places?
- 15 Clearwater visit.
- 16 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 17 Hawaii is still Hell
- 18 Tallest and largest living Saguaros at Saguaro National Park
- 19 Charleston, SC 5 days
- 20 Spring Break in Charleston
- 21 Charleston Airport Hotel
- 22 Prince of Wales or Many Glacier? WHY?
- 23 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 24 Need a recommendation for lodging on Kauai (North or South side of Island)
- 25 Fiery Furnace Hike in Arches national park