My husband and I suddenly have the opportunity to go to Maine for a few days the first week of October. We were thinking the southern coast area and will probably leave Thursday from Connecticut and come back Sunday night. I am trying to plan where to go and stay while my baby naps and my other two boys create havoc around me! Have little time to research and am hoping someone could offer an itinerary idea to help us have a great trip! Wondering if we should stay all three nights in one place or hop around? Many places seem to be booked up.....
About us : We like sightseeing but also a fair amount of relaxation time. Our usual pattern is sightseeing in the morning into afternoon but stopping for early cocktail hour. We like roadtrips but absolutely don't want to spend the entire trip driving. Husband loves boats. I love art, beautiful homes and gardens. We absolutely enjoy nice restaurants, beautiful hotels and maybe even dressing up a little at night if that is relevant for this part of the world.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Amish
- 2 Advice on tipping
- 3 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 4 national/state park in November
- 5 Cross Country NH to WA
- 6 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 7 Road trip phila to toronto - help!
- 8 Road trip October
- 9 Yreka, CA to Medford, OR, Siskiyou Pass
- 10 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 11 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 12 Road Trip
- 13 2 months in Hawaii!
- 14 NY to North Carolina family road trip in August
- 15 November trip to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce
- 16 Las Vegas to LA by car.
- 17 San Fransisco hotel
- 18 Nantucket for Columbus Weekend
- 19 Grand Canyon - South or East entrance?
- 20 best binocular for travel
- 21 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall
- 22 Place to stay in Cocoa Beach
- 23 Seattle Hotels
- 24 Cayo Costa State Park
- 25 My Bucket List Retirement Trip