My husband and I suddenly have the opportunity to go to Maine for a few days the first week of October. We were thinking the southern coast area and will probably leave Thursday from Connecticut and come back Sunday night. I am trying to plan where to go and stay while my baby naps and my other two boys create havoc around me! Have little time to research and am hoping someone could offer an itinerary idea to help us have a great trip! Wondering if we should stay all three nights in one place or hop around? Many places seem to be booked up.....
About us : We like sightseeing but also a fair amount of relaxation time. Our usual pattern is sightseeing in the morning into afternoon but stopping for early cocktail hour. We like roadtrips but absolutely don't want to spend the entire trip driving. Husband loves boats. I love art, beautiful homes and gardens. We absolutely enjoy nice restaurants, beautiful hotels and maybe even dressing up a little at night if that is relevant for this part of the world.
Last Minute Maine
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 2 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 3 Best Places Suit for Honeymoon
- 4 4 week family trip ideas
- 5 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 6 Washington DC in Spring?
- 7 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 8 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 9 Broadway this week
- 10 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 11 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 12 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 13 New York, New York...
- 14 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 15 trains in Europe
- 16 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 17 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 18 USA trip
- 19 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 20 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 21 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 22 Cedar Point / Put In Bay
- 23 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 24 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 25 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???