My husband and I suddenly have the opportunity to go to Maine for a few days the first week of October. We were thinking the southern coast area and will probably leave Thursday from Connecticut and come back Sunday night. I am trying to plan where to go and stay while my baby naps and my other two boys create havoc around me! Have little time to research and am hoping someone could offer an itinerary idea to help us have a great trip! Wondering if we should stay all three nights in one place or hop around? Many places seem to be booked up.....
About us : We like sightseeing but also a fair amount of relaxation time. Our usual pattern is sightseeing in the morning into afternoon but stopping for early cocktail hour. We like roadtrips but absolutely don't want to spend the entire trip driving. Husband loves boats. I love art, beautiful homes and gardens. We absolutely enjoy nice restaurants, beautiful hotels and maybe even dressing up a little at night if that is relevant for this part of the world.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seaside, California
- 2 saint john the divine concert for peace tickets
- 3 California trip: Where to go after San Francisco?
- 4 Denali
- 5 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 6 JFK Terminal 8
- 7 Off-season use of a car on Zion Scenic Drive
- 8 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 9 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 10 washington-blueridge parkway-myrtle beach
- 11 Maine in May?
- 12 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 13 Dinner Cruise down San Antonio River?
- 14 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 15 Seattle, Las Vegas and Salt Lake
- 16 NYC Discounted Metropolitan Opera Tickets
- 17 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 18 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 19 Bed and Breakfast
- 20 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 21 What car service?
- 22 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 23 Where should I drop off rental car near Boston?
- 24 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 25 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria