My husband and I suddenly have the opportunity to go to Maine for a few days the first week of October. We were thinking the southern coast area and will probably leave Thursday from Connecticut and come back Sunday night. I am trying to plan where to go and stay while my baby naps and my other two boys create havoc around me! Have little time to research and am hoping someone could offer an itinerary idea to help us have a great trip! Wondering if we should stay all three nights in one place or hop around? Many places seem to be booked up.....
About us : We like sightseeing but also a fair amount of relaxation time. Our usual pattern is sightseeing in the morning into afternoon but stopping for early cocktail hour. We like roadtrips but absolutely don't want to spend the entire trip driving. Husband loves boats. I love art, beautiful homes and gardens. We absolutely enjoy nice restaurants, beautiful hotels and maybe even dressing up a little at night if that is relevant for this part of the world.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 2 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 3 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 4 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 5 Skagway
- 6 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 7 Retiring in NM?
- 8 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 9 Chicago to Charleston
- 10 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 11 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 12 How many states have you been to?
- 13 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 14 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 15 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 16 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 17 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 18 Honeymoon out west.
- 19 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 20 Route Planning for East USA
- 21 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 22 Utah National Parks visit
- 23 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 24 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 25 universal studios and disney