My husband and I suddenly have the opportunity to go to Maine for a few days the first week of October. We were thinking the southern coast area and will probably leave Thursday from Connecticut and come back Sunday night. I am trying to plan where to go and stay while my baby naps and my other two boys create havoc around me! Have little time to research and am hoping someone could offer an itinerary idea to help us have a great trip! Wondering if we should stay all three nights in one place or hop around? Many places seem to be booked up.....
About us : We like sightseeing but also a fair amount of relaxation time. Our usual pattern is sightseeing in the morning into afternoon but stopping for early cocktail hour. We like roadtrips but absolutely don't want to spend the entire trip driving. Husband loves boats. I love art, beautiful homes and gardens. We absolutely enjoy nice restaurants, beautiful hotels and maybe even dressing up a little at night if that is relevant for this part of the world.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego July 2016 - an FYI
- 2 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 3 Where to stay in Missoula?
- 4 Pacific coast road trip
- 5 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 6 My son's first day in New York
- 7 Restaurant for lunch between Atlanta and Savannah
- 8 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 9 The Manhattan Project - The Maitais Return To The Big Apple
- 10 Kauai Eats... Recommendations??
- 11 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 12 MANN FAMILY FARM- BOLINAS CA: Do You Know This Area?
- 13 Looking for rustic secluded cabins/yurts in midwest
- 14 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 15 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 16 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 17 Wildlife viewing in the US South West
- 18 Itinerary Critique: BNP/Mt.R/YNP/Jac
- 19 Itinerary Critique: BNP/Mt.R/YNP/Jac
- 20 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 21 Driving at Night in YNP
- 22 Washington and Seattle Itinerary
- 23 I-70 to Leadville, CO - 91 or 24
- 24 Need help planning - Car Road trip SF to Grand Canyon
- 25 Berkshires-AARP Central