My husband and I suddenly have the opportunity to go to Maine for a few days the first week of October. We were thinking the southern coast area and will probably leave Thursday from Connecticut and come back Sunday night. I am trying to plan where to go and stay while my baby naps and my other two boys create havoc around me! Have little time to research and am hoping someone could offer an itinerary idea to help us have a great trip! Wondering if we should stay all three nights in one place or hop around? Many places seem to be booked up.....
About us : We like sightseeing but also a fair amount of relaxation time. Our usual pattern is sightseeing in the morning into afternoon but stopping for early cocktail hour. We like roadtrips but absolutely don't want to spend the entire trip driving. Husband loves boats. I love art, beautiful homes and gardens. We absolutely enjoy nice restaurants, beautiful hotels and maybe even dressing up a little at night if that is relevant for this part of the world.
Last Minute Maine
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago Questions
- 2 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 3 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 4 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 5 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 6 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 7 Richmond to Oklahoma City Slowly: what not to miss?
- 8 Hotel near the Miami airport
- 9 Best way to see South & Central Florida in a week.
- 10 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 11 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 12 Is the New York subway safe?
- 13 Chicago eateries downtown
- 14 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 15 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 16 Where to from Tampa?
- 17 Tell me about Santa Catalina Island
- 18 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 19 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 20 Looking for a travel loop in Arizona (Las Vegas to Tucson & back)
- 21 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 22 kuai and maui top 10 to see list
- 23 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 24 Nice place to stop for the night between Akron, OH and Walt Disney World.
- 25 charlotte