My husband and I suddenly have the opportunity to go to Maine for a few days the first week of October. We were thinking the southern coast area and will probably leave Thursday from Connecticut and come back Sunday night. I am trying to plan where to go and stay while my baby naps and my other two boys create havoc around me! Have little time to research and am hoping someone could offer an itinerary idea to help us have a great trip! Wondering if we should stay all three nights in one place or hop around? Many places seem to be booked up.....
About us : We like sightseeing but also a fair amount of relaxation time. Our usual pattern is sightseeing in the morning into afternoon but stopping for early cocktail hour. We like roadtrips but absolutely don't want to spend the entire trip driving. Husband loves boats. I love art, beautiful homes and gardens. We absolutely enjoy nice restaurants, beautiful hotels and maybe even dressing up a little at night if that is relevant for this part of the world.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Moab Tenting end of Oct?
- 2 Esta "Not Authorized to Travel"
- 3 Trip to Vegas/GC/LA - need advice pleasd
- 4 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 5 Night in Los Cruces or Truth or Consequences
- 6 Los Angeles/Santa Monica -- how many days and where else?
- 7 Zepher to CA from Den or Yellowstone
- 8 Chicago marathon - Leaving hotel to MDW
- 9 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 10 Beer Bar - NYC
- 11 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 12 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 13 First Trip to New Mexico
- 14 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 15 Sacramento GTG Sat Aug 27th
- 16 Seattle?
- 17 November redwoods trip
- 18 Forbes Island Restaurant Question
- 19 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 20 costco Big island
- 21 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 22 Other Manhattan Hotels
- 23 2 weeks in Alaska with kids
- 24 Wedding gifts?
- 25 Where to Stay Northern New Mexico in November