My husband and I suddenly have the opportunity to go to Maine for a few days the first week of October. We were thinking the southern coast area and will probably leave Thursday from Connecticut and come back Sunday night. I am trying to plan where to go and stay while my baby naps and my other two boys create havoc around me! Have little time to research and am hoping someone could offer an itinerary idea to help us have a great trip! Wondering if we should stay all three nights in one place or hop around? Many places seem to be booked up.....
About us : We like sightseeing but also a fair amount of relaxation time. Our usual pattern is sightseeing in the morning into afternoon but stopping for early cocktail hour. We like roadtrips but absolutely don't want to spend the entire trip driving. Husband loves boats. I love art, beautiful homes and gardens. We absolutely enjoy nice restaurants, beautiful hotels and maybe even dressing up a little at night if that is relevant for this part of the world.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 White Christmas
- 2 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 3 Late Feb/Early March honeymoon: Maui, Kauai, or other?
- 4 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 5 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 6 Midway point
- 7 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 8 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 9 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 10 New York City
- 11 Driving from Yosemite to Las Vegas via Death Valley in December?
- 12 Relocating to the Deep South
- 13 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 14 Nice hotel / B&B in Tucson - January
- 15 Arlington funeral plans
- 16 destin resorts
- 17 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 18 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 19 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 20 NOLA Trip Report, October 2015
- 21 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 22 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 23 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 24 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 25 Nashville Weekend Bachelorette Trip