My husband and I suddenly have the opportunity to go to Maine for a few days the first week of October. We were thinking the southern coast area and will probably leave Thursday from Connecticut and come back Sunday night. I am trying to plan where to go and stay while my baby naps and my other two boys create havoc around me! Have little time to research and am hoping someone could offer an itinerary idea to help us have a great trip! Wondering if we should stay all three nights in one place or hop around? Many places seem to be booked up.....
About us : We like sightseeing but also a fair amount of relaxation time. Our usual pattern is sightseeing in the morning into afternoon but stopping for early cocktail hour. We like roadtrips but absolutely don't want to spend the entire trip driving. Husband loves boats. I love art, beautiful homes and gardens. We absolutely enjoy nice restaurants, beautiful hotels and maybe even dressing up a little at night if that is relevant for this part of the world.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 5 Things Not to Miss in NYC?
- 2 4 Days in LV
- 3 Philadelphia hotels near public transportation but not in city center
- 4 SF to Monterey to Yosemite
- 5 Michigan advice needed
- 6 louisiana bayou
- 7 Biloxi Suggestions
- 8 Las Vegas for a second timer
- 9 Acadia National Park/New England States
- 10 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 11 Seattle to San Francisco 3 weeks
- 12 Digital Camera Recommendation
- 13 Best Colorado City?: hot summers, mild winters
- 14 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 15 Help with parking at Staten Island ferry
- 16 Visiting NYC - stay in Herlem or Jersey City?
- 17 October in Colorado
- 18 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 19 Yosemite Valley showers
- 20 Taos area Spa or Resort Hotels
- 21 Yellowstone in the Winter
- 22 LegoLand Florida
- 23 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 24 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 25 15 Nt Feb Trip (7 in Waikiki). Possible to do South Kauai & Big Island?