My husband and I suddenly have the opportunity to go to Maine for a few days the first week of October. We were thinking the southern coast area and will probably leave Thursday from Connecticut and come back Sunday night. I am trying to plan where to go and stay while my baby naps and my other two boys create havoc around me! Have little time to research and am hoping someone could offer an itinerary idea to help us have a great trip! Wondering if we should stay all three nights in one place or hop around? Many places seem to be booked up.....
About us : We like sightseeing but also a fair amount of relaxation time. Our usual pattern is sightseeing in the morning into afternoon but stopping for early cocktail hour. We like roadtrips but absolutely don't want to spend the entire trip driving. Husband loves boats. I love art, beautiful homes and gardens. We absolutely enjoy nice restaurants, beautiful hotels and maybe even dressing up a little at night if that is relevant for this part of the world.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 2 Room With Balcony and Ocean View: $250-$300
- 3 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 4 camping in the Finger Lakes region
- 5 Uber and Miami
- 6 Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride
- 7 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 8 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 9 Redwood National Forest
- 10 3/31-5/29 New Tracy Letts Play!
- 11 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 12 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 13 Which hotel in Washington, D.C.?
- 14 Grand Circle Road Trip
- 15 4-5 day active vacation/road trip from NY/NJ
- 16 Biltmore Estate - Asheville, NC
- 17 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 18 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 19 Itinary for Maui - help please
- 20 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 21 Driving from Chicago to Miami, first time.
- 22 Help formulate itinerary for Florida keys
- 23 College Tour: Harvard, MIT, and Yale
- 24 Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend
- 25 Best Places to Start Backpacking