My husband and I suddenly have the opportunity to go to Maine for a few days the first week of October. We were thinking the southern coast area and will probably leave Thursday from Connecticut and come back Sunday night. I am trying to plan where to go and stay while my baby naps and my other two boys create havoc around me! Have little time to research and am hoping someone could offer an itinerary idea to help us have a great trip! Wondering if we should stay all three nights in one place or hop around? Many places seem to be booked up.....
About us : We like sightseeing but also a fair amount of relaxation time. Our usual pattern is sightseeing in the morning into afternoon but stopping for early cocktail hour. We like roadtrips but absolutely don't want to spend the entire trip driving. Husband loves boats. I love art, beautiful homes and gardens. We absolutely enjoy nice restaurants, beautiful hotels and maybe even dressing up a little at night if that is relevant for this part of the world.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need help: itinerary from Kansas City to Yellowstone and back
- 2 Honeymoon Suggestions
- 3 Florida Family vacation in California
- 4 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 5 Trip Report - San Francisco advise for 1st timers like us!!
- 6 Kayaking at Old Forge, NY
- 7 San Francisco California
- 8 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 9 Miami and New Orleans
- 10 Louisville in December
- 11 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 12 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark
- 13 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 14 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 15 Grocery Shopping in Maui - is Costco worth the stop?
- 16 United Nations tours
- 17 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 18 September Road Trip in New England
- 19 NYC with 8 yr old
- 20 Restaurants in Sanibel/Captiva
- 21 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 22 Yosemite and Sequoia
- 23 Disneyland Hotel vs. Grand Californian for first time Disneyland visit
- 24 TR: Washington and Gettysburg in 4 Nights
- 25 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day