My husband and I suddenly have the opportunity to go to Maine for a few days the first week of October. We were thinking the southern coast area and will probably leave Thursday from Connecticut and come back Sunday night. I am trying to plan where to go and stay while my baby naps and my other two boys create havoc around me! Have little time to research and am hoping someone could offer an itinerary idea to help us have a great trip! Wondering if we should stay all three nights in one place or hop around? Many places seem to be booked up.....
About us : We like sightseeing but also a fair amount of relaxation time. Our usual pattern is sightseeing in the morning into afternoon but stopping for early cocktail hour. We like roadtrips but absolutely don't want to spend the entire trip driving. Husband loves boats. I love art, beautiful homes and gardens. We absolutely enjoy nice restaurants, beautiful hotels and maybe even dressing up a little at night if that is relevant for this part of the world.
Last Minute Maine
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 2 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 3 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 4 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 5 Hilton Midtown New York
- 6 YNP, GT and Driggs 10 day trip 8/13-8/22 - great time was had by all!
- 7 Tour companies
- 8 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 9 Best way to drive from Newport RI to Salem MA?
- 10 Round trip from Chicago
- 11 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 12 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 13 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 14 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 15 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 16 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 17 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 18 Apartment Rentals DC
- 19 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 20 Sundance Grand Canyon tours
- 21 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 22 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving from SF to LA in 3d/2n
- 23 Vegas hotels for families
- 24 Autumn trip in in the Northeast United States
- 25 new york plays