My son is relocating in early August to Portland, OR and I am driving with him from PA and then flying back. We have about 12 or 13 days to get to Portland and then I will spend about 2 or 3 days in Portland before flying home. Right now we are planning to drive to Chicago, spend one or two nights there, drive to Minneapolis, spend one night (he has a friend there), drive through the Badlands to Black Hills, spend one or two nights in Black Hills/Mt. Rushmore. Then we plan to drive to Yellowstone and Grand Tetons, spend about 2-3 days there and also hope to hit Jackson Hole. We have a place to stay in Alpine if we choose to stay there. After that we will drive through Idaho, Craters of the Moon and Boise, and then go to Portland. We have a tent, I also have points for staying in Starwood and Marriott hotels. I would appreciate suggestions for other places we should plan to see, whether or not this is a doable itinerary, suggestions on places to stay, and whether we should plan to enter Yellowstone from the North or Grand Tetons and then Yellowstone from the south. Any other information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Last Minute Drive from PA to Oregon, Please Help with Travel Plans
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 2 Which neighborhood to stay in that's convenient to Broadway shows?
- 3 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 4 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 5 Does the Warner Brothers Tour (Burbank) actually sell out?
- 6 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 7 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 8 Finger Lakes itineray suggestions?
- 9 Best restaurants in Seattle
- 10 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 11 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 12 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 13 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 14 DC - WW2 flyover
- 15 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 16 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 17 3 Days in Northern California w Car- Itinerary Recommendations?
- 18 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 19 Alaska Trip Planning
- 20 New York City-New Things?
- 21 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 22 Hiking in Georgia - beautiful photos
- 23 Rochester > Montreal > Quebec Road Trip
- 24 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 25 Romantic destination in the US