My son is relocating in early August to Portland, OR and I am driving with him from PA and then flying back. We have about 12 or 13 days to get to Portland and then I will spend about 2 or 3 days in Portland before flying home. Right now we are planning to drive to Chicago, spend one or two nights there, drive to Minneapolis, spend one night (he has a friend there), drive through the Badlands to Black Hills, spend one or two nights in Black Hills/Mt. Rushmore. Then we plan to drive to Yellowstone and Grand Tetons, spend about 2-3 days there and also hope to hit Jackson Hole. We have a place to stay in Alpine if we choose to stay there. After that we will drive through Idaho, Craters of the Moon and Boise, and then go to Portland. We have a tent, I also have points for staying in Starwood and Marriott hotels. I would appreciate suggestions for other places we should plan to see, whether or not this is a doable itinerary, suggestions on places to stay, and whether we should plan to enter Yellowstone from the North or Grand Tetons and then Yellowstone from the south. Any other information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Last Minute Drive from PA to Oregon, Please Help with Travel Plans
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vegas hotels for families
- 2 100 Reason to Love New Mexico
- 3 best area to stay in san diego
- 4 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 5 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 6 Panama City beach or other suggestion
- 7 San Francisco - mid October
- 8 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 9 Apartment Rentals DC
- 10 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 11 Zion to Albuquerque
- 12 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 13 Narrowing things down for DC and Virginia
- 14 Stay in Santa Fe or Taos, NM
- 15 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 16 Round trip from Chicago
- 17 Something to do besides drink wine in Sonoma.
- 18 Sonoma: Jack London State Historic Park
- 19 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 20 Tour companies
- 21 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 22 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 23 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 24 Quick Trip to NYC
- 25 Need advise : Driving to Sequoia then to Las Vegas