My son is relocating in early August to Portland, OR and I am driving with him from PA and then flying back. We have about 12 or 13 days to get to Portland and then I will spend about 2 or 3 days in Portland before flying home. Right now we are planning to drive to Chicago, spend one or two nights there, drive to Minneapolis, spend one night (he has a friend there), drive through the Badlands to Black Hills, spend one or two nights in Black Hills/Mt. Rushmore. Then we plan to drive to Yellowstone and Grand Tetons, spend about 2-3 days there and also hope to hit Jackson Hole. We have a place to stay in Alpine if we choose to stay there. After that we will drive through Idaho, Craters of the Moon and Boise, and then go to Portland. We have a tent, I also have points for staying in Starwood and Marriott hotels. I would appreciate suggestions for other places we should plan to see, whether or not this is a doable itinerary, suggestions on places to stay, and whether we should plan to enter Yellowstone from the North or Grand Tetons and then Yellowstone from the south. Any other information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Last Minute Drive from PA to Oregon, Please Help with Travel Plans
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 2 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 3 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 4 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 5 San Diego/ Baja / Desert / Vegas/ Mexico
- 6 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 7 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 8 Gulf coast - Naples, Sanibel Island, Marco Island or Fort Meyers, which one
- 9 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 10 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 11 Side Show is a must-see show on Broadway
- 12 Boston in winter?
- 13 Public transportation in Salem MA
- 14 san fran sightseeing
- 15 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 16 American Honeymoon in March
- 17 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 18 Family Friendly Resort Vacation for Holidays
- 19 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 20 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 21 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 22 Colorado Skiing
- 23 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 24 Photo trip log from Grand Wailea
- 25 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC