My son is relocating in early August to Portland, OR and I am driving with him from PA and then flying back. We have about 12 or 13 days to get to Portland and then I will spend about 2 or 3 days in Portland before flying home. Right now we are planning to drive to Chicago, spend one or two nights there, drive to Minneapolis, spend one night (he has a friend there), drive through the Badlands to Black Hills, spend one or two nights in Black Hills/Mt. Rushmore. Then we plan to drive to Yellowstone and Grand Tetons, spend about 2-3 days there and also hope to hit Jackson Hole. We have a place to stay in Alpine if we choose to stay there. After that we will drive through Idaho, Craters of the Moon and Boise, and then go to Portland. We have a tent, I also have points for staying in Starwood and Marriott hotels. I would appreciate suggestions for other places we should plan to see, whether or not this is a doable itinerary, suggestions on places to stay, and whether we should plan to enter Yellowstone from the North or Grand Tetons and then Yellowstone from the south. Any other information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Last Minute Drive from PA to Oregon, Please Help with Travel Plans
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York Food Tours
- 2 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 3 Must Eats
- 4 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 5 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 6 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 7 Restaurants in and around Asheville, NC
- 8 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 9 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 10 Florida St George's Island
- 11 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 12 Union Square area restaurant
- 13 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 14 4 week family trip ideas
- 15 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 16 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 17 Breckenridge in October
- 18 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 19 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 20 Good area to stay in for young (20-something) married couple?
- 21 Richmond highlights?
- 22 Washington DC in Spring?
- 23 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 24 Arches National Park in a day
- 25 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!