A co-worker and myself (late 40's, early 50's) have a business trip to Los Angeles scheduled for Dec 14-15. We thought we would take an extra 3 days to see some of the beautiful coast. Is it possible to leave Friday morning and drive up the coast ending at San Francisco Sunday evening and fly back on Monday and not have the experience be too rushed? We thought about staying Friday night in Cambria and Sat night in Carmel. We would love to have longer but for now we'll think of this trip as an appetizer. So, what do you think? With that limited amount of time, what are "must sees"? We enjoy hiking. Any suggestions for dinner and accommodations in Cambria & Carmel? Our budget would allow for around $200-250/night for a double bed room.
Last minute California Coast Trip - Help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 2 Seafood
- 3 Boston
- 4 Road Trip SW
- 5 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 6 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 7 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 8 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 9 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 10 moving to florida
- 11 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 12 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 13 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 14 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 15 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 16 Ogunquit Family Get Together
- 17 Boston/Salem with kids
- 18 Connecticut River Byway
- 19 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 20 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 21 San Diego farmer's markets
- 22 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 23 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 24 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 25 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question