A co-worker and myself (late 40's, early 50's) have a business trip to Los Angeles scheduled for Dec 14-15. We thought we would take an extra 3 days to see some of the beautiful coast. Is it possible to leave Friday morning and drive up the coast ending at San Francisco Sunday evening and fly back on Monday and not have the experience be too rushed? We thought about staying Friday night in Cambria and Sat night in Carmel. We would love to have longer but for now we'll think of this trip as an appetizer. So, what do you think? With that limited amount of time, what are "must sees"? We enjoy hiking. Any suggestions for dinner and accommodations in Cambria & Carmel? Our budget would allow for around $200-250/night for a double bed room.
Last minute California Coast Trip - Help!
View all United States activity »
- 1 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 2 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 3 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 4 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 5 NYC Rooftop bar with a view?
- 6 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 7 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 8 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 9 hotel near Met NYC
- 10 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 11 Hotels on Hilo side of the Big Island?
- 12 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 13 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 14 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 15 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 16 Madison Square Garden
- 17 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 18 Big Island Hawaii - stay in Kona AND Hilo? Also when are school holidays?
- 19 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 20 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 21 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 22 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 23 Has anyone used AirBnB to find lodging?
- 24 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 25 First time to Austin-San Antonio area