A co-worker and myself (late 40's, early 50's) have a business trip to Los Angeles scheduled for Dec 14-15. We thought we would take an extra 3 days to see some of the beautiful coast. Is it possible to leave Friday morning and drive up the coast ending at San Francisco Sunday evening and fly back on Monday and not have the experience be too rushed? We thought about staying Friday night in Cambria and Sat night in Carmel. We would love to have longer but for now we'll think of this trip as an appetizer. So, what do you think? With that limited amount of time, what are "must sees"? We enjoy hiking. Any suggestions for dinner and accommodations in Cambria & Carmel? Our budget would allow for around $200-250/night for a double bed room.
Last minute California Coast Trip - Help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 2 One Night at Logan Airport
- 3 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 4 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 5 Backpacking in April
- 6 Four days in DC
- 7 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 8 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 9 Circle Oahu / luau
- 10 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 11 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 12 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 13 "Off the beaten path" road trip from Vail, CO
- 14 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 15 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 16 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 17 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 18 replica designer handbags
- 19 First family ski trip
- 20 San Diego parks and attractions
- 21 Cape Cod in early April
- 22 USA with a 3 year old
- 23 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 24 united and carry-ons
- 25 Portland Maine Hotels