A co-worker and myself (late 40's, early 50's) have a business trip to Los Angeles scheduled for Dec 14-15. We thought we would take an extra 3 days to see some of the beautiful coast. Is it possible to leave Friday morning and drive up the coast ending at San Francisco Sunday evening and fly back on Monday and not have the experience be too rushed? We thought about staying Friday night in Cambria and Sat night in Carmel. We would love to have longer but for now we'll think of this trip as an appetizer. So, what do you think? With that limited amount of time, what are "must sees"? We enjoy hiking. Any suggestions for dinner and accommodations in Cambria & Carmel? Our budget would allow for around $200-250/night for a double bed room.
Last minute California Coast Trip - Help!
View all United States activity »
- 1 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 2 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 3 Tucson First Week or Last Week of March
- 4 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 5 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 6 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 7 San Antonio
- 8 hotel near Met NYC
- 9 Key West on NYE
- 10 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 11 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 12 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 13 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 14 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....
- 15 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 16 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 17 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 18 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 19 Hotel near Public Theater
- 20 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?
- 21 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 22 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 23 Oahu Information
- 24 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 25 Wailea Maui Restaurants