A co-worker and myself (late 40's, early 50's) have a business trip to Los Angeles scheduled for Dec 14-15. We thought we would take an extra 3 days to see some of the beautiful coast. Is it possible to leave Friday morning and drive up the coast ending at San Francisco Sunday evening and fly back on Monday and not have the experience be too rushed? We thought about staying Friday night in Cambria and Sat night in Carmel. We would love to have longer but for now we'll think of this trip as an appetizer. So, what do you think? With that limited amount of time, what are "must sees"? We enjoy hiking. Any suggestions for dinner and accommodations in Cambria & Carmel? Our budget would allow for around $200-250/night for a double bed room.
Last minute California Coast Trip - Help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 2 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 3 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 4 10 day trip to California
- 5 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 6 Oregon, Washington, Amtrak
- 7 Drive along the Columbia River
- 8 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 9 Wine Country Picnic
- 10 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 11 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 12 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 13 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 14 Boston/Fenway park
- 15 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 16 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 17 Recommendations for four days in Las Vegas
- 18 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 19 Where to go in Maine?
- 20 Magnificient, Marvelous Montana!
- 21 Timeshare Nightmares
- 22 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 23 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 24 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 25 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC