A co-worker and myself (late 40's, early 50's) have a business trip to Los Angeles scheduled for Dec 14-15. We thought we would take an extra 3 days to see some of the beautiful coast. Is it possible to leave Friday morning and drive up the coast ending at San Francisco Sunday evening and fly back on Monday and not have the experience be too rushed? We thought about staying Friday night in Cambria and Sat night in Carmel. We would love to have longer but for now we'll think of this trip as an appetizer. So, what do you think? With that limited amount of time, what are "must sees"? We enjoy hiking. Any suggestions for dinner and accommodations in Cambria & Carmel? Our budget would allow for around $200-250/night for a double bed room.
Last minute California Coast Trip - Help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 2 Washington, DC to Boston
- 3 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 4 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 5 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 6 rain in Kauai
- 7 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 8 San Diego Trip Report
- 9 Drive from Lake Winnipesaukee to Portland, ME.
- 10 Meredith or Wolfeboro
- 11 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 12 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 13 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 14 WISCONSIN
- 15 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 16 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 17 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 18 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 19 Driving into Manhattan route?
- 20 A few hours in Salt Lake City
- 21 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 22 Phoenix restaurants
- 23 Favorite Flightseeing from Anchorage in June?
- 24 Where to Go for Labor Day Weekend??
- 25 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?