A co-worker and myself (late 40's, early 50's) have a business trip to Los Angeles scheduled for Dec 14-15. We thought we would take an extra 3 days to see some of the beautiful coast. Is it possible to leave Friday morning and drive up the coast ending at San Francisco Sunday evening and fly back on Monday and not have the experience be too rushed? We thought about staying Friday night in Cambria and Sat night in Carmel. We would love to have longer but for now we'll think of this trip as an appetizer. So, what do you think? With that limited amount of time, what are "must sees"? We enjoy hiking. Any suggestions for dinner and accommodations in Cambria & Carmel? Our budget would allow for around $200-250/night for a double bed room.
Last minute California Coast Trip - Help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?
- 2 Chicago Girls Weekend
- 3 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 4 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 5 September trip to Michigan
- 6 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 7 California coast: April
- 8 DC, Philadelphia, New York, Maine, Acadia NP and Niagara Falls in 11 days?
- 9 Road Trip
- 10 New York Yankee Station
- 11 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 12 California: Sonoma/ San Fran/ Carmel
- 13 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 14 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 15 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 16 Have you done an aquarium sleepover?
- 17 Looking for a beach front place from central to northern Cal
- 18 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 19 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 20 Day Trip OUT of Los Angeles
- 21 Roads into Estes Park
- 22 Whale watching
- 23 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 24 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 25 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?