We are going on our Honeymoon from October 20th (arriving late in Las Vegas) through November 2nd. October 20th-October 29th/30th is allocated for Las Vegas and California. Then we are flying to Hawaii for the remaining few days....preferably from LAX so it would be best if Los Angeles is the last city we visit.
We are planning to stay in Vegas until probably the 24th. Then, we need advice on what to do. I have never been to any of the places we are going. From Vegas, should we rent a car or fly and where should we go first, 2nd, 3rd, etc? And for how long? I realize our time is limited.
We were thinking about renting a car and driving up to Yosemite from LV and then to San Fransisco and drive down the coast but we don't know if this is the best use of our time given how many things there are in CA to do and see. Is Yosemite worth it?
FYI, I am 33 and my fiance is 39. We both like outdoors and active things, but we also like the nightlife (to an extent) and dining. We like fun things and are adventurous! For instance, we are going to dress up and go on Let's Make a Deal the last day in Los Angeles.
I'm just giving you an idea of our personalities so it can better fit the advice.
Thanks in advance for any advice you can give to help us out! Nothing is set in stone right now so please any suggestions on where to visit and how long would be much appreciated.
Las Vegas to California - Which route and which cities???
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego parks and attractions
- 2 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 3 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 4 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 5 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 6 Alaska
- 7 First family ski trip
- 8 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 9 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 10 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 11 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 12 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 13 NYC theatre broadway
- 14 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 15 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 16 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 17 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 18 5 nights in/around Yellowstone w/ kids
- 19 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 20 San Diego grocery stores
- 21 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 22 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 23 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 24 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 25 Looking for Destination Ideas