We are going on our Honeymoon from October 20th (arriving late in Las Vegas) through November 2nd. October 20th-October 29th/30th is allocated for Las Vegas and California. Then we are flying to Hawaii for the remaining few days....preferably from LAX so it would be best if Los Angeles is the last city we visit.
We are planning to stay in Vegas until probably the 24th. Then, we need advice on what to do. I have never been to any of the places we are going. From Vegas, should we rent a car or fly and where should we go first, 2nd, 3rd, etc? And for how long? I realize our time is limited.
We were thinking about renting a car and driving up to Yosemite from LV and then to San Fransisco and drive down the coast but we don't know if this is the best use of our time given how many things there are in CA to do and see. Is Yosemite worth it?
FYI, I am 33 and my fiance is 39. We both like outdoors and active things, but we also like the nightlife (to an extent) and dining. We like fun things and are adventurous! For instance, we are going to dress up and go on Let's Make a Deal the last day in Los Angeles.
I'm just giving you an idea of our personalities so it can better fit the advice.
Thanks in advance for any advice you can give to help us out! Nothing is set in stone right now so please any suggestions on where to visit and how long would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 2 Farewell from Ira
- 3 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 4 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 5 Cape Cod - around Sandwich
- 6 Fun family adventures in/around Charleston?
- 7 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 8 Loan offer from a private lender
- 9 Historial/Culture-filled restaurants in Savannah, and Atlanta!
- 10 Need a corporate sedan in JFK
- 11 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 12 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 13 chicago to hibbing
- 14 Oklahoma - Dallas - Houston - New Orleans - Orlando
- 15 The Manhattan Project - The Maitais Return To The Big Apple
- 16 Overnight tour from New York to see Washington, D.C.
- 17 Where to stay in Missoula?
- 18 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 19 Recommendations for birthday Sunday brunch near but outside Boston
- 20 Pacific coast road trip
- 21 Springfield, Massachusetts and I-91 : Surprisingly Awesome
- 22 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 23 Arlington Hotels
- 24 Cabin rental in march
- 25 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?