It was for us.
We arrived at Belliago to a very long check in line at 7:30 at night. Barely made our 9pm dinner reservation at Mon Ami Gabi across the street at Paris.
This is always our first night dinner. It takes us back to France, a place we love. Here's the review on Trip Advisor under "A Paris Oasis."
Our room at Belliago was completely redone so everything in the room was new and comfortable. This hotel has a European feel except for the main lobby where 18,000 people wander through daily to view the conservatory.
The next day was business for my DD so off to the pool for me. I didn't go down until 10am---big mistake. All the chairs with any shade were taken. There is several beautiful pools, so a huge area, but to get an umbrella chair you have to be there at 8am when they open or shortly after. So it was full sun for me and alot of dunks in the pool.
A very good thing is that you can't into the pool area without a key, so at least there isn't crowds of people walking through---just crowds of guests in the chairs. The Pool Cafe is also only accessible with a key, so it's easy to get a table for lunch. my DD met me there all 3 days for lunch and the choices were to our liking. From about $13 to $21, well priced and tasty. Tropical drinks to go with lunch or at the pool served in the chairs were $15 each. We tried a new one every day. Regular drinks, like a rum & coke were $10.
That night we went to see "Jersey Boys." We had a drink ouside at Lavo at The Palazzo before the show. Not much going on at 6pm but I'm sure that club is packed at midnight. Here's my review of JB under "Who Loves You Pretty Baby."
After the show we ate at Wolfgang Puck's Postrio at 10pm. Good but not outstanding.
Day 2---I was at the pool at 8am and now had my choice of umbrella chairs. I saved it and came back at 9:30. Really enjoyed the pool this day. Lunch again at the pool cafe with DD. I heard so many different languages around me---oh so interesting.
Met DD at the pool bar for a margarita at 5pm and off to shop a bit before our 8pm dinner reservation at Botero at the Encore hotel. Found great gifts at the Ferrari store for our husbands. Not a Ferrari itself(didn't do so good at Roulette) but some nice shirts & hats.
Botero was a huge hit with us. Here's the review under "Stunning." We will definitely go there again when in LV.
Day 3---More of the same. DD, business, me at the pool. We had to check out by noon and store our luggage until 4pm. I shopped in the hotel shops and met DD for another good lunch at the pool, lobster rolls--yummmm! More shopping and off to the airport.
We've been to LV many times and I did want to get over to Aria, etc. but just didn't make it. I'll save it for the next trip. Yes, it was 100 degrees, but I thoroughly enjoyed my pool time. As for The Strip, here's my take on it under "Walking The Strip."
To return to the topic title, 3 nights is enough for us in LV and we will return. The hotels are outstanding as are the restaurants. It does tend to break the budget, the cheap stuff looks very cheap---I guess you get what you pay for as the saying goes. I'd rather soar with the eagles for a few days instead of spending weeks with the pigeons.
Las Vegas----is 3 nights enough?
It was for us.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Overnight stops from NJ to Florida?
- 2 Pearl Harbour Visit Hawaii
- 3 California
- 4 New England Newbie - Help with 13 night itinerary - October
- 5 What time is it?
- 6 Oahu
- 7 Disney World Florida moderate hotel ?
- 8 Newport Restaurants
- 9 Cajun Country, first visit, late December, please help
- 10 Door County with a Dog - trip in progress
- 11 getting around DC
- 12 Driving From NE Tennessee to NYC -- Where to Stop?
- 13 Winter/Spring Trip Ideas from Ohio
- 14 Family trip to New Orleans . . . Suggestions???
- 15 Sights and Restaurants in Brooklyn
- 16 Can you see Oak Alley Plantation from the road?
- 17 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 18 East Coast Road Trip In Late January
- 19 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 20 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 21 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 22 San Antonio GTG 21 September 2014
- 23 Vermont trip report - photos and captions
- 24 Oregon Scenic Road Trip from Crater Lake to Portland, Oregon
- 25 Going to Grand Canyon North Rim 2 days, then Bryce (or Zion)