It was for us.
We arrived at Belliago to a very long check in line at 7:30 at night. Barely made our 9pm dinner reservation at Mon Ami Gabi across the street at Paris.
This is always our first night dinner. It takes us back to France, a place we love. Here's the review on Trip Advisor under "A Paris Oasis."
Our room at Belliago was completely redone so everything in the room was new and comfortable. This hotel has a European feel except for the main lobby where 18,000 people wander through daily to view the conservatory.
The next day was business for my DD so off to the pool for me. I didn't go down until 10am---big mistake. All the chairs with any shade were taken. There is several beautiful pools, so a huge area, but to get an umbrella chair you have to be there at 8am when they open or shortly after. So it was full sun for me and alot of dunks in the pool.
A very good thing is that you can't into the pool area without a key, so at least there isn't crowds of people walking through---just crowds of guests in the chairs. The Pool Cafe is also only accessible with a key, so it's easy to get a table for lunch. my DD met me there all 3 days for lunch and the choices were to our liking. From about $13 to $21, well priced and tasty. Tropical drinks to go with lunch or at the pool served in the chairs were $15 each. We tried a new one every day. Regular drinks, like a rum & coke were $10.
That night we went to see "Jersey Boys." We had a drink ouside at Lavo at The Palazzo before the show. Not much going on at 6pm but I'm sure that club is packed at midnight. Here's my review of JB under "Who Loves You Pretty Baby."
After the show we ate at Wolfgang Puck's Postrio at 10pm. Good but not outstanding.
Day 2---I was at the pool at 8am and now had my choice of umbrella chairs. I saved it and came back at 9:30. Really enjoyed the pool this day. Lunch again at the pool cafe with DD. I heard so many different languages around me---oh so interesting.
Met DD at the pool bar for a margarita at 5pm and off to shop a bit before our 8pm dinner reservation at Botero at the Encore hotel. Found great gifts at the Ferrari store for our husbands. Not a Ferrari itself(didn't do so good at Roulette) but some nice shirts & hats.
Botero was a huge hit with us. Here's the review under "Stunning." We will definitely go there again when in LV.
Day 3---More of the same. DD, business, me at the pool. We had to check out by noon and store our luggage until 4pm. I shopped in the hotel shops and met DD for another good lunch at the pool, lobster rolls--yummmm! More shopping and off to the airport.
We've been to LV many times and I did want to get over to Aria, etc. but just didn't make it. I'll save it for the next trip. Yes, it was 100 degrees, but I thoroughly enjoyed my pool time. As for The Strip, here's my take on it under "Walking The Strip."
To return to the topic title, 3 nights is enough for us in LV and we will return. The hotels are outstanding as are the restaurants. It does tend to break the budget, the cheap stuff looks very cheap---I guess you get what you pay for as the saying goes. I'd rather soar with the eagles for a few days instead of spending weeks with the pigeons.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Roadtrip July 2017
- 2 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 3 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 4 Big Sure in June
- 5 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 6 Rental car or RV for road trip from San Francisco via Las Vegas to Denver
- 7 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 8 Carmel Monterey
- 9 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 10 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 11 Santa Fe Itineray
- 12 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton - Car Rental?
- 13 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 14 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs
- 15 Arches Devils Garden
- 16 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 17 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 18 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 19 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 20 best health clubs with lap pools
- 21 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 22 Retiring to Tucson
- 23 universal studios and disney
- 24 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 25 Spring Break @ Big Bend
It was for us.