We are planning a trip to Las Vegas in September and were thinking of going to canyons(south rim) for a day as well.
We were looking at our options on whether we should:
1. Fly into and out of Las Vegas airport and then drive to canyon, and spend a night there? But this would mean we would have to drive both ways about 3/4 hours for a day's worth of stay in Canyons..I have done this before, when it was just me and my husband..but this time we will be traveling with my parents (who are 60+) and I want to make the trip as comfortable as possible for them.
2. Fly into flagstaff, AZ, and then do a one way car rental to Vegas, and then fly out of Vegas?
Currently the air fare difference is only $34 between the two options, so i am kind off inclined towards the option2, but I am wanted to check if anyone has done this before? and if Flagstaff airport is a good option?
Also how is the weather like at South Rim in Mid-September? Would it be very cold/below freezing?
Las Vegas, Grand Canyon in September
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Memphis or Chattanooga for family
- 2 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 3 Best places to move to Florida?
- 4 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 5 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 6 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 7 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 8 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 9 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 10 Rental car drop before entering NYC
- 11 West Coast Bound End of March
- 12 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 13 Juneau May 8th
- 14 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 15 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 16 Your Help with Must Sees in Southern Arizona
- 17 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 18 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 19 Question about Miami travel
- 20 Salt Lake City
- 21 Kinky Boots and Pippin. Fodor reviews
- 22 First family ski trip
- 23 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 24 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 25 Locker at JFK