We are planning a trip to Las Vegas in September and were thinking of going to canyons(south rim) for a day as well.
We were looking at our options on whether we should:
1. Fly into and out of Las Vegas airport and then drive to canyon, and spend a night there? But this would mean we would have to drive both ways about 3/4 hours for a day's worth of stay in Canyons..I have done this before, when it was just me and my husband..but this time we will be traveling with my parents (who are 60+) and I want to make the trip as comfortable as possible for them.
2. Fly into flagstaff, AZ, and then do a one way car rental to Vegas, and then fly out of Vegas?
Currently the air fare difference is only $34 between the two options, so i am kind off inclined towards the option2, but I am wanted to check if anyone has done this before? and if Flagstaff airport is a good option?
Also how is the weather like at South Rim in Mid-September? Would it be very cold/below freezing?
Las Vegas, Grand Canyon in September
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 2 Washington, DC to Boston
- 3 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 4 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 5 Where to go in Maine?
- 6 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 7 Ferry Valdez-Whittier (to Anchorage) or take the road instead ?
- 8 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 9 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 10 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 11 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 12 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 13 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 14 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 15 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 16 rain in Kauai
- 17 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 18 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 19 Kennedy Space Center
- 20 San Diego Trip Report
- 21 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 22 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 23 NYC jazz with a minor
- 24 NYC Itinerary Help
- 25 Lunch with little girls UWS?