We are planning a trip to Las Vegas in September and were thinking of going to canyons(south rim) for a day as well.
We were looking at our options on whether we should:
1. Fly into and out of Las Vegas airport and then drive to canyon, and spend a night there? But this would mean we would have to drive both ways about 3/4 hours for a day's worth of stay in Canyons..I have done this before, when it was just me and my husband..but this time we will be traveling with my parents (who are 60+) and I want to make the trip as comfortable as possible for them.
2. Fly into flagstaff, AZ, and then do a one way car rental to Vegas, and then fly out of Vegas?
Currently the air fare difference is only $34 between the two options, so i am kind off inclined towards the option2, but I am wanted to check if anyone has done this before? and if Flagstaff airport is a good option?
Also how is the weather like at South Rim in Mid-September? Would it be very cold/below freezing?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 2 Travel advice from Cincinnati to West Coast
- 3 Exploring, hiking, camping trip
- 4 Colorado Hiking in September
- 5 Which area on Maui for hotel?
- 6 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
- 7 The District by Hilton Club
- 8 Late winter road trip Deep South
- 9 Which island for teens
- 10 Bucket List
- 11 Food and drink associated with D.C.?
- 12 Uber Ride from LV to South Rim, Grand Canyon?
- 13 driving RT 66
- 14 Early 30's Couple Spending Two Weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 15 Yosemite and surrounding for WINTER 2017: DO NEED HELP!
- 16 Vanagon Road trip Denver to SF
- 17 Travelling from Miami to New Orleans
- 18 Acadia National Park
- 19 Paris on my own
- 20 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 21 Yellowstone - places to stay
- 22 Has anyone been to the Carlysle Lounge lately?
- 23 Road trip San Diego to Seattle
- 24 Travelling from New York to JFK
- 25 Traveling with an infant