We are planning a trip to Las Vegas in September and were thinking of going to canyons(south rim) for a day as well.
We were looking at our options on whether we should:
1. Fly into and out of Las Vegas airport and then drive to canyon, and spend a night there? But this would mean we would have to drive both ways about 3/4 hours for a day's worth of stay in Canyons..I have done this before, when it was just me and my husband..but this time we will be traveling with my parents (who are 60+) and I want to make the trip as comfortable as possible for them.
2. Fly into flagstaff, AZ, and then do a one way car rental to Vegas, and then fly out of Vegas?
Currently the air fare difference is only $34 between the two options, so i am kind off inclined towards the option2, but I am wanted to check if anyone has done this before? and if Flagstaff airport is a good option?
Also how is the weather like at South Rim in Mid-September? Would it be very cold/below freezing?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 9-10 day trip to WA
- 2 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 3 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 4 Hawaii - June vs Aug, hotel vs rental
- 5 Revisiting Kauai: Heartbreak and Happiness
- 6 California Trip
- 7 Northeast/Mid-Atlantics States History/Beach Vacation
- 8 Need help nailing down the details
- 9 Metropolitan Opera - good seats?
- 10 Florida Beaches Compared To Caribbean
- 11 Proposed Los Angeles itinerary, almost exclusively without a car
- 12 Turo?
- 13 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 14 Recommendations for Hikes in Glacier National Park
- 15 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 16 Tohono Chul Tucson?
- 17 NYC For The Day
- 18 Alaska cruise excursions?
- 19 Senior citizens traveling as groupl
- 20 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 21 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 22 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 23 Cross Country Road Trip VA - San Francisco
- 24 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 25 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017