We are planning a trip to Las Vegas in September and were thinking of going to canyons(south rim) for a day as well.
We were looking at our options on whether we should:
1. Fly into and out of Las Vegas airport and then drive to canyon, and spend a night there? But this would mean we would have to drive both ways about 3/4 hours for a day's worth of stay in Canyons..I have done this before, when it was just me and my husband..but this time we will be traveling with my parents (who are 60+) and I want to make the trip as comfortable as possible for them.
2. Fly into flagstaff, AZ, and then do a one way car rental to Vegas, and then fly out of Vegas?
Currently the air fare difference is only $34 between the two options, so i am kind off inclined towards the option2, but I am wanted to check if anyone has done this before? and if Flagstaff airport is a good option?
Also how is the weather like at South Rim in Mid-September? Would it be very cold/below freezing?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Renting a car with DWAI
- 2 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 3 San Francisco first visit.
- 4 Looking for a restaurant! Oregon 101
- 5 Labor Day in Key West...Literally
- 6 Wine Country
- 7 Arizona on a whirlwind update
- 8 Hawaii Help
- 9 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 10 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 11 Baltimore City: Some Flickr Photo Albums
- 12 Has anyone rent US travel WiFi before?
- 13 Yellowstone in early May
- 14 CHRISTMAS WEEK: NEW YORK STYLE
- 15 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours
- 16 Grand Hyatt Kauai-Why Not?
- 17 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 18 Olympic vs. Redwood NPs
- 19 NYC: Milburn or Millenium Hilton
- 20 What time should we buy Liberty/Ellis Island tickets for?
- 21 Park City- handicapped
- 22 Disney Wild Africa Trek
- 23 Boston (1/25-1/29), NYC (1/30-2/5)- theater, food, museum exhibits?
- 24 5 days in Central Florida--where to stay and what to see
- 25 3 Days Itinerary Recommendation for Maui