We are planning a trip to Las Vegas in September and were thinking of going to canyons(south rim) for a day as well.
We were looking at our options on whether we should:
1. Fly into and out of Las Vegas airport and then drive to canyon, and spend a night there? But this would mean we would have to drive both ways about 3/4 hours for a day's worth of stay in Canyons..I have done this before, when it was just me and my husband..but this time we will be traveling with my parents (who are 60+) and I want to make the trip as comfortable as possible for them.
2. Fly into flagstaff, AZ, and then do a one way car rental to Vegas, and then fly out of Vegas?
Currently the air fare difference is only $34 between the two options, so i am kind off inclined towards the option2, but I am wanted to check if anyone has done this before? and if Flagstaff airport is a good option?
Also how is the weather like at South Rim in Mid-September? Would it be very cold/below freezing?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving Alaska
- 2 Border crossing
- 3 March in New Mexico
- 4 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
- 5 Yellowstone Hikes questions
- 6 Flowers and Berries in Oregon
- 7 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 8 Back from the Big Easy
- 9 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 10 Cross country tips
- 11 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 12 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 13 Ideas for New York
- 14 Parka in PA during February?
- 15 Restaurants in the San Francisco area
- 16 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 17 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 18 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 19 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 20 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 21 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 22 Rental cars at Tampa cruiseport 3
- 23 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 24 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 25 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please