We are planning a trip to Las Vegas in September and were thinking of going to canyons(south rim) for a day as well.
We were looking at our options on whether we should:
1. Fly into and out of Las Vegas airport and then drive to canyon, and spend a night there? But this would mean we would have to drive both ways about 3/4 hours for a day's worth of stay in Canyons..I have done this before, when it was just me and my husband..but this time we will be traveling with my parents (who are 60+) and I want to make the trip as comfortable as possible for them.
2. Fly into flagstaff, AZ, and then do a one way car rental to Vegas, and then fly out of Vegas?
Currently the air fare difference is only $34 between the two options, so i am kind off inclined towards the option2, but I am wanted to check if anyone has done this before? and if Flagstaff airport is a good option?
Also how is the weather like at South Rim in Mid-September? Would it be very cold/below freezing?
Las Vegas, Grand Canyon in September
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 2 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 3 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 4 ONP help
- 5 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 6 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 7 California road trip
- 8 Savanah Sojourn
- 9 Hwy 54 instead of I-40 from Tucumcari to Wichita good or bad idea?
- 10 The Driftless Area: An underappreciated region of the Upper Midwest
- 11 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 12 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 13 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 14 Poss. Itinerary for Aug. Portland to San Fran family vacay - TIPS PLEASE
- 15 Wisconsin - Dells and Madison
- 16 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 17 Providence,RI - restaurant and Waterfire advice
- 18 Seattle Hyatts
- 19 Seattle: Something Different?
- 20 Texas and Deep South Road Trip - with Limited Time!
- 21 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 22 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 23 Best non-nature activites around Yellowstone and Grand Teton?
- 24 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 25 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation