We are planning a trip to Las Vegas in September and were thinking of going to canyons(south rim) for a day as well.
We were looking at our options on whether we should:
1. Fly into and out of Las Vegas airport and then drive to canyon, and spend a night there? But this would mean we would have to drive both ways about 3/4 hours for a day's worth of stay in Canyons..I have done this before, when it was just me and my husband..but this time we will be traveling with my parents (who are 60+) and I want to make the trip as comfortable as possible for them.
2. Fly into flagstaff, AZ, and then do a one way car rental to Vegas, and then fly out of Vegas?
Currently the air fare difference is only $34 between the two options, so i am kind off inclined towards the option2, but I am wanted to check if anyone has done this before? and if Flagstaff airport is a good option?
Also how is the weather like at South Rim in Mid-September? Would it be very cold/below freezing?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Southern road trip ideas/reccomendations
- 2 California: San Fran to San Diego
- 3 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?
- 4 Week in LA & San Francisco
- 5 4 Days in Juneau?
- 6 Favorites in North/South Carolina/Georgia? Help please!
- 7 5 Days near Denver
- 8 14 Day Itinerary for Alaska in an RV
- 9 Lake Champlain, VT
- 10 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 11 hotel in NYC
- 12 20 Days Road Trip
- 13 Bar Harbor/Acadia Insight
- 14 Zion, Bryce, South/North Rim, Page
- 15 Itinerary help for Boston and Islands
- 16 prepaid broadband for ipad
- 17 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 18 San Diego to San Francisco in 15 days
- 19 Folger-Shakespeare Library
- 20 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 21 Briefly, in WNY
- 22 Boulder, CO vs Denver, CO
- 23 Denver to Yellowstone
- 24 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 25 Post-Alaska cruise ideas July, 2018