My husband and I are planning a vacation in October and will be visiting the Las Vegas Area. We are not gamblers. We are planning to visit some of the Parks in the area. We are flying in late Monday night and flying out on Saturday afternoon. I have been doing some research and would like to visit Hoover Dam, Valley of Fire State Park, Zion National Park, and Red Rock Canyon. We are considering see Elton John on Friday night. Any help that anyone could offer in the way of planning would be very much appreciated. I was thinking about seeing Red Rock Canyon on Tuesday and then spending sometime in the evening doing some sight seeing (Fremont Street and looking in some casinos). On Wednesday morning we would take off for Hoover Dam for half the day and spend the second half at Valley of Fire State Park . We would be spending the night somewhere by Valley of Fire State Park. On Wednesday we would head to Zion National Park and spend the day there. I think we would spend about half of Thursday there also and then drive back to Las Vegas. Does this plan seem like it will work? My husband and I are not able to do any hiking because of some physical problems but love to spend time looking at nature. If anyone has any suggestions or comments I would love to hear them. Thank you very much.
Las Vegas Area
View all United States activity »
- 1 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 2 DETROIT'S BEAUTIFUL SIDE
- 3 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 4 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 5 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 6 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 7 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 8 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 9 Savanah Sojourn
- 10 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 11 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 12 Our first trip to the USA: What a holiday it has been!
- 13 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 14 Old Fall River Road closed in Rocky Mountain National Park through 2014
- 15 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 16 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 17 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 18 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 19 Warm and don't Drive
- 20 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 21 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 22 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 23 Madison Square Garden
- 24 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 25 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?