My husband and I are planning a vacation in October and will be visiting the Las Vegas Area. We are not gamblers. We are planning to visit some of the Parks in the area. We are flying in late Monday night and flying out on Saturday afternoon. I have been doing some research and would like to visit Hoover Dam, Valley of Fire State Park, Zion National Park, and Red Rock Canyon. We are considering see Elton John on Friday night. Any help that anyone could offer in the way of planning would be very much appreciated. I was thinking about seeing Red Rock Canyon on Tuesday and then spending sometime in the evening doing some sight seeing (Fremont Street and looking in some casinos). On Wednesday morning we would take off for Hoover Dam for half the day and spend the second half at Valley of Fire State Park . We would be spending the night somewhere by Valley of Fire State Park. On Wednesday we would head to Zion National Park and spend the day there. I think we would spend about half of Thursday there also and then drive back to Las Vegas. Does this plan seem like it will work? My husband and I are not able to do any hiking because of some physical problems but love to spend time looking at nature. If anyone has any suggestions or comments I would love to hear them. Thank you very much.
Las Vegas Area
- 1 Hiking/Camping Suggestions for VT, NH, & ME in August?
- 2 A Visit to Charleston
- 3 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 4 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 5 Hotel Suite Brands with Multiple Bedrooms?
- 6 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 7 Using public transit in San Diego
- 8 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 9 Boston three day trip report, with photos
- 10 Amtrak to DC, then sightseeing
- 11 Help with NYC transit
- 12 Just saw the Book of Mormon in Chicago ! Can we talk about it
- 13 Help finalizing August itinerary for Utah NPs (with a child)
- 14 Boston Area College Tour
- 15 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 16 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles
- 17 D.C. in a day
- 18 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 19 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 20 What to see/do from north Texas area to SD (Mt. Rushmore area)
- 21 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 22 Williamsburg VA
- 23 Driving from Greensboro, NC, to Tampa
- 24 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 25 Baseball Road Trip