My husband and I are planning a vacation in October and will be visiting the Las Vegas Area. We are not gamblers. We are planning to visit some of the Parks in the area. We are flying in late Monday night and flying out on Saturday afternoon. I have been doing some research and would like to visit Hoover Dam, Valley of Fire State Park, Zion National Park, and Red Rock Canyon. We are considering see Elton John on Friday night. Any help that anyone could offer in the way of planning would be very much appreciated. I was thinking about seeing Red Rock Canyon on Tuesday and then spending sometime in the evening doing some sight seeing (Fremont Street and looking in some casinos). On Wednesday morning we would take off for Hoover Dam for half the day and spend the second half at Valley of Fire State Park . We would be spending the night somewhere by Valley of Fire State Park. On Wednesday we would head to Zion National Park and spend the day there. I think we would spend about half of Thursday there also and then drive back to Las Vegas. Does this plan seem like it will work? My husband and I are not able to do any hiking because of some physical problems but love to spend time looking at nature. If anyone has any suggestions or comments I would love to hear them. Thank you very much.
Las Vegas Area
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 2 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 3 Brooklyn why?
- 4 New York City Restaurants
- 5 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 6 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 7 WISCONSIN
- 8 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 9 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 10 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 11 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 12 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 13 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 14 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 15 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 16 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 17 Dining in D.C.
- 18 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 19 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 20 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 21 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 22 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 23 Colorado in the summer!
- 24 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 25 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?