My husband and I are planning a vacation in October and will be visiting the Las Vegas Area. We are not gamblers. We are planning to visit some of the Parks in the area. We are flying in late Monday night and flying out on Saturday afternoon. I have been doing some research and would like to visit Hoover Dam, Valley of Fire State Park, Zion National Park, and Red Rock Canyon. We are considering see Elton John on Friday night. Any help that anyone could offer in the way of planning would be very much appreciated. I was thinking about seeing Red Rock Canyon on Tuesday and then spending sometime in the evening doing some sight seeing (Fremont Street and looking in some casinos). On Wednesday morning we would take off for Hoover Dam for half the day and spend the second half at Valley of Fire State Park . We would be spending the night somewhere by Valley of Fire State Park. On Wednesday we would head to Zion National Park and spend the day there. I think we would spend about half of Thursday there also and then drive back to Las Vegas. Does this plan seem like it will work? My husband and I are not able to do any hiking because of some physical problems but love to spend time looking at nature. If anyone has any suggestions or comments I would love to hear them. Thank you very much.
Las Vegas Area
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 2 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 3 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 4 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 5 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 6 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 7 Best places to move to Florida?
- 8 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 9 Juneau May 8th
- 10 Memphis or Chattanooga for family
- 11 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 12 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 13 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 14 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 15 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 16 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 17 Rental car drop before entering NYC
- 18 West Coast Bound End of March
- 19 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 20 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 21 Your Help with Must Sees in Southern Arizona
- 22 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 23 Question about Miami travel
- 24 Salt Lake City
- 25 Kinky Boots and Pippin. Fodor reviews