My husband and I are planning a vacation in October and will be visiting the Las Vegas Area. We are not gamblers. We are planning to visit some of the Parks in the area. We are flying in late Monday night and flying out on Saturday afternoon. I have been doing some research and would like to visit Hoover Dam, Valley of Fire State Park, Zion National Park, and Red Rock Canyon. We are considering see Elton John on Friday night. Any help that anyone could offer in the way of planning would be very much appreciated. I was thinking about seeing Red Rock Canyon on Tuesday and then spending sometime in the evening doing some sight seeing (Fremont Street and looking in some casinos). On Wednesday morning we would take off for Hoover Dam for half the day and spend the second half at Valley of Fire State Park . We would be spending the night somewhere by Valley of Fire State Park. On Wednesday we would head to Zion National Park and spend the day there. I think we would spend about half of Thursday there also and then drive back to Las Vegas. Does this plan seem like it will work? My husband and I are not able to do any hiking because of some physical problems but love to spend time looking at nature. If anyone has any suggestions or comments I would love to hear them. Thank you very much.
Las Vegas Area
- 1 MERIDIAN HILL PARK DRUM CIRCLE
- 2 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?
- 3 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 4 Minneapolis Hotel
- 5 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 6 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 7 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 8 Place for lunch in Philly?
- 9 Seward to Anchorage
- 10 California, Northern
- 11 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 12 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 13 New York City Parking
- 14 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 15 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 16 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 17 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 18 15 hrs layoff at Miami International- Key West Possible ?
- 19 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 20 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 21 New York (from JFK to Tarrytown)
- 22 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 23 Washington Wineries
- 24 Southwest Florida Destination Wedding Help needed
- 25 Seattle to coast to columbia River Gorge