We had the best time on Lanai last week.We took a ferry from maui,the ocean was very calm, the ferry was comfortable and just before we entered the harbor on Lanai we were surrounded by two large pods of dolphins. They were jumping out of the water and spinning at the same time.I knew the rest of the day would be just as exciting. We found the Adventure Lanai site the day before while sitting at the pool, they had a jeep available for us and offered to include towels and an ice chest, if we needed it. They delivered the jeep to us and showed us the different places to go around the island.Our Jeep Sahara was so clean and looked almost new with big mud tires, my husband loved it, we drove just a few minutes from the boat harbor and parked, found a nice spot on the beach, we swam and snorkeled with a small group of dolphins at Hulopoe beach,, warmed up on the beach and headed up to town for breakfast. We had time to get to shipwreck beach, saw lots of sea turtles along the reef as we walked down to the shipwreck.Drove to the look out on the Munro trail, the views of the other islands were picture perfect. We went out to Garden of the Gods, a large area with lots of large boulders and valleys covered with multi colored rocks and views of Molokai and Maui.We continued down the Very Bumpy road to this large sandy beach, worth the drive, we were the only ones there the whole time.the beach was called Polihua,We drove to a beach called Lopa that is on the map,the local surf spot, nice waves and a beautiful view of Maui. we had a late lunch in town and headed back to Hulopoe beach for another swim, there are showers on the beach, we cleaned up, dropped the jeep at the harbor and had a nice sunset ferry ride back to Maui. I had called a dollar car rental company earlier the day before and they are about$ 40.dollars more and charge extra to take you up to their rental lot in town and you have to return at 5pm and pay for a ride to the ferry harbor. Call Martin at Adventurelanai 808-565-7373, these guys are wonderful and we will be returning to Lanai in a few months,Martin thanks for making our lanai vacation memorable, Dan and Lisa the tropical travelers.
lanai,hawaii best secluded island we found in hawaii
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.
- 2 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 3 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 4 Two airports to choose from?
- 5 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 6 layover
- 7 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 8 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 9 A few NYC questions about 9/11 memorial tours and more.
- 10 Which cross-country route, I-40 or I-80?
- 11 Part Four of an 18 Day RV trip - Homer
- 12 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 13 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 14 best area to stay in san diego
- 15 Kayaking to Chinaman Hat/Kaneohe Bay Sandbar/offshore Islands in Dec?
- 16 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 17 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 18 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?
- 19 Road trip itinerary
- 20 Alexandria, VA Marriott Residence Inn et al
- 21 Key West Dry Tortugas
- 22 Part one of an 18 Day RV trip - Talkeetna
- 23 Pizza Recs in the Bronx Area
- 24 Two 64 year old buddies on A week trip
- 25 Hotel advice. Near the airport vs Historical District in Charleston SC