We had the best time on Lanai last week.We took a ferry from maui,the ocean was very calm, the ferry was comfortable and just before we entered the harbor on Lanai we were surrounded by two large pods of dolphins. They were jumping out of the water and spinning at the same time.I knew the rest of the day would be just as exciting. We found the Adventure Lanai site the day before while sitting at the pool, they had a jeep available for us and offered to include towels and an ice chest, if we needed it. They delivered the jeep to us and showed us the different places to go around the island.Our Jeep Sahara was so clean and looked almost new with big mud tires, my husband loved it, we drove just a few minutes from the boat harbor and parked, found a nice spot on the beach, we swam and snorkeled with a small group of dolphins at Hulopoe beach,, warmed up on the beach and headed up to town for breakfast. We had time to get to shipwreck beach, saw lots of sea turtles along the reef as we walked down to the shipwreck.Drove to the look out on the Munro trail, the views of the other islands were picture perfect. We went out to Garden of the Gods, a large area with lots of large boulders and valleys covered with multi colored rocks and views of Molokai and Maui.We continued down the Very Bumpy road to this large sandy beach, worth the drive, we were the only ones there the whole time.the beach was called Polihua,We drove to a beach called Lopa that is on the map,the local surf spot, nice waves and a beautiful view of Maui. we had a late lunch in town and headed back to Hulopoe beach for another swim, there are showers on the beach, we cleaned up, dropped the jeep at the harbor and had a nice sunset ferry ride back to Maui. I had called a dollar car rental company earlier the day before and they are about$ 40.dollars more and charge extra to take you up to their rental lot in town and you have to return at 5pm and pay for a ride to the ferry harbor. Call Martin at Adventurelanai 808-565-7373, these guys are wonderful and we will be returning to Lanai in a few months,Martin thanks for making our lanai vacation memorable, Dan and Lisa the tropical travelers.
lanai,hawaii best secluded island we found in hawaii
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Broadway choices
- 2 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 3 Yosemite Lodging
- 4 What's new on Maui?
- 5 Seward, Coopers Landing, Homer
- 6 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?
- 7 Moving to New Jersey
- 8 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 9 Ground transportation Buffalo NY airport to Oakville, ON Canada?
- 10 Tucson area flooding
- 11 Colorado aspen updates
- 12 Restaurants near Mendocino area
- 13 Kauai and Molokai or Kauai and Maui for 10 days?
- 14 New England Newbie - Help with 13 night itinerary - October
- 15 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 16 Hotel recommendations for Western Oregon
- 17 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 18 Arizona / Utah Itinerary
- 19 Oregon Road Trip
- 20 Getaway
- 21 Refining my California Itinerary
- 22 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 23 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 24 Is Canada as expensive as Europe if I don't turn my iPhone off?
- 25 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?