We had the best time on Lanai last week.We took a ferry from maui,the ocean was very calm, the ferry was comfortable and just before we entered the harbor on Lanai we were surrounded by two large pods of dolphins. They were jumping out of the water and spinning at the same time.I knew the rest of the day would be just as exciting. We found the Adventure Lanai site the day before while sitting at the pool, they had a jeep available for us and offered to include towels and an ice chest, if we needed it. They delivered the jeep to us and showed us the different places to go around the island.Our Jeep Sahara was so clean and looked almost new with big mud tires, my husband loved it, we drove just a few minutes from the boat harbor and parked, found a nice spot on the beach, we swam and snorkeled with a small group of dolphins at Hulopoe beach,, warmed up on the beach and headed up to town for breakfast. We had time to get to shipwreck beach, saw lots of sea turtles along the reef as we walked down to the shipwreck.Drove to the look out on the Munro trail, the views of the other islands were picture perfect. We went out to Garden of the Gods, a large area with lots of large boulders and valleys covered with multi colored rocks and views of Molokai and Maui.We continued down the Very Bumpy road to this large sandy beach, worth the drive, we were the only ones there the whole time.the beach was called Polihua,We drove to a beach called Lopa that is on the map,the local surf spot, nice waves and a beautiful view of Maui. we had a late lunch in town and headed back to Hulopoe beach for another swim, there are showers on the beach, we cleaned up, dropped the jeep at the harbor and had a nice sunset ferry ride back to Maui. I had called a dollar car rental company earlier the day before and they are about$ 40.dollars more and charge extra to take you up to their rental lot in town and you have to return at 5pm and pay for a ride to the ferry harbor. Call Martin at Adventurelanai 808-565-7373, these guys are wonderful and we will be returning to Lanai in a few months,Martin thanks for making our lanai vacation memorable, Dan and Lisa the tropical travelers.
lanai,hawaii best secluded island we found in hawaii
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 2 Road Trip SW
- 3 Seafood
- 4 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 5 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 6 Connecticut River Byway
- 7 Oregon Wildfire Reports
- 8 Boston
- 9 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 10 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 11 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 12 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 13 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 14 moving to florida
- 15 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 16 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 17 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 18 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 19 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 20 Ogunquit Family Get Together
- 21 Boston/Salem with kids
- 22 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 23 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 24 San Diego farmer's markets
- 25 San Fran to Las Vegas drive