I have five days to show my west-coast born husband the rustic beauty of New Hampshire and/or Maine, but we only have five days at the end of June, so we really need to pick one or two places at most to see. I was thinking that Lake Winnipesaukee would be a good place to stay for 2-3 days (or for the full 5 days) . I'd prefer nice rustic on the lake than a big hotel. I've read about Meredith, Wolfeboro and Alton. Can anyone suggest a hotel or Inn that is well located so we can explore the area? From there we'd head to Portland or Manchester to catch a flight out at the end of our trip.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best Destination in USA
- 2 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 3 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 4 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 5 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 6 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 7 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 8 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 9 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 10 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 11 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 12 x mas
- 13 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 14 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 15 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 16 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 17 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 18 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 19 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 20 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 21 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 22 Choosing best Seats Radio City
- 23 New Orleans help please
- 24 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 25 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach