My family is thinking about taking a lake vacation somewhere in Tennessee. My boys are 13 and 10 and love anything to do with water, so we are looking for a lake which will have water amenities, such as kayaks, renting boats, fishing docks, swimming area - and maybe white water rafting near by. I would really like a place on the water and not too rustic. We definitely want a cabin with a kitchen and very clean and nice. We are looking to vacation the end of June, I am assuming the water would be warm enough that time of year? Our budget for the week is $2500 TOPS. Of course if there is a great place cheaper, that would be great. We will be traveling from northern VA and are really looking forward to our adventure in TN.
I really appreciate any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Shuttle, taxi or Uber from PGD to Boca Grande area
- 2 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 3 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 4 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 5 No Spam this morning!!
- 6 San Francisco transit options
- 7 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 8 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels
- 9 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 10 Best ground transportation from Denver airport to Boulder?
- 11 Honeymoon on PCH
- 12 Driving from San Francisco to Seattle late december/early january
- 13 First time visit to New Orleans: Hilton Riverside or New Orleans Marriott?
- 14 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 15 Ideas for New York
- 16 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 17 Seeing The Hunley in Charleston
- 18 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 19 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 20 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 21 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 22 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 23 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 24 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 25 Suggestions for a Week in Portland