My family is thinking about taking a lake vacation somewhere in Tennessee. My boys are 13 and 10 and love anything to do with water, so we are looking for a lake which will have water amenities, such as kayaks, renting boats, fishing docks, swimming area - and maybe white water rafting near by. I would really like a place on the water and not too rustic. We definitely want a cabin with a kitchen and very clean and nice. We are looking to vacation the end of June, I am assuming the water would be warm enough that time of year? Our budget for the week is $2500 TOPS. Of course if there is a great place cheaper, that would be great. We will be traveling from northern VA and are really looking forward to our adventure in TN.
I really appreciate any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 2 Road Trip from NJ TO SC
- 3 First Time to California
- 4 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 5 San Francisco and Napa
- 6 San Diego on New Year's Eve
- 7 Driving to Yellowstone,Grand Teton and Glacier from MN
- 8 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 9 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 10 Southern Utah - Need Hotel Reservations Last Week Of April?
- 11 car rentals in San Diego
- 12 California RV baby and child seats
- 13 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 14 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 15 Dependable Airport Hotel Shuttlebus
- 16 California & Arizona Itinerary
- 17 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 18 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 19 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 20 Angels Landing
- 21 First time visit to California
- 22 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 23 NY State Assembly Internship
- 24 East coast & Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania
- 25 Waikoloa restaurants?