My family is thinking about taking a lake vacation somewhere in Tennessee. My boys are 13 and 10 and love anything to do with water, so we are looking for a lake which will have water amenities, such as kayaks, renting boats, fishing docks, swimming area - and maybe white water rafting near by. I would really like a place on the water and not too rustic. We definitely want a cabin with a kitchen and very clean and nice. We are looking to vacation the end of June, I am assuming the water would be warm enough that time of year? Our budget for the week is $2500 TOPS. Of course if there is a great place cheaper, that would be great. We will be traveling from northern VA and are really looking forward to our adventure in TN.
I really appreciate any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to go in Maine?
- 2 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 3 Kennebunkport and....?
- 4 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 5 Never been on the Ell in Chicago
- 6 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 7 WISCONSIN
- 8 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 9 Jersey City Parking
- 10 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 11 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 12 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 13 Travel West Coast
- 14 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 15 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 16 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 17 Colorado in the summer!
- 18 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 19 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 20 New York City Restaurants
- 21 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 22 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 23 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 24 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 25 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents